Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by marky5244, May 16, 2014.

1. DDastardly00

DDastardly00

They are listening to feedback from their community, one of the most frequent requests is for more hand-holding for beginners, understandable, this game is hard. I don't use a docking computer on any of my ships but when I briefly had one on my Anaconda it did fine. On all of the beginning ships, like the sidewinder, Adder, Hauler, Cobra etc, it should also work just fine.

I'm not a big fan of hand-holding but I'm not looking at the metrics they are either, like the attach rate for new players dropping the game after two hours because they find it too hard. All of these new tutorials and flight assist aids are aimed at curbing that problem. The new navigation tabs will make exploring even better, and trading is finally getting a good buff too, lots of good coming in this update.

On another note, I finally unlocked Prismatic Shields last night!

Deadheadbill likes this.
  2. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

I'm back in Altair and now I'm building slowly an anti Thargoid Scout ship Vulture.

Edit. Or not.

I'm heading back out into the black. I don't like the bubble very much anymore. :ouch:

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  3. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

I got to Beagle and now I've just arrived back at Explorer's Anchorage.

My Dolphin looks a bit used up though. I'm not going to fix the paint.

I ran without a shield and suffered no damage to hull or modules. I've effectively travelled the entire width of the Galaxy and half again and it is taking a very long time to cash in all the exploration data.

DDastardly00 likes this.
  4. DDastardly00

DDastardly00

Our faction, Imperial Council Of Nobles (ICON) is expanding again (for the third time), just got done fighting a war in a neighboring system, we want this one because it has a Comp Nav Beacon and a nice station with Interstellar Factors. We are effectively in 3 different systems now, going to let things settle down for awhile, I don't want to expand too fast.