Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,180 comments

This one needs to go in the Internet Hall of Fame at this point:

Last edited:
And yet, his net worth is more than it was when he threw away the 44 billion.

It's not right.

Wow Elon must be a super business genius because 19 billion is probably more than it was actually worth in October last year when tech stocks collapsed over the summer when he tricked himself into paying $44 billion for it.

Of course it's probably actually only worth half that at most, but hey.

Last edited:

Wow Elon must be a super business genius because 19 billion is probably more than it was actually worth in October last year when tech stocks collapsed over the summer when he tricked himself into paying $44 billion for it.

Of course it's probably actually only worth half that at most, but hey.
It's a loss leader, the real value is being able to control the narrative and silence everyone who weren't publically hailing him as the double-dome mega genius who singlehandedly revolutionized the automotive and space travel industries, of course. What's a $20 billion personal loss compared to basically rewriting history to fit your own distorted personal worldview?

It's a loss leader, the real value is being able to control the narrative and silence everyone who weren't publically hailing him as the double-dome mega genius who singlehandedly revolutionized the automotive and space travel industries, of course. What's a $20 billion personal loss compared to basically rewriting history to fit your own distorted personal worldview?
1. Create a toxic environment
2. Chase away advertisers
3. ???
4. Don't Profit!

What's a $20 billion personal loss compared to basically rewriting history to fit your own distorted personal worldview?
282281.jpg

Where do I even start with this?

For a man obsessed with apartheid-era pop culture, he sure doesn't know much about it.

For a man obsessed with apartheid-era pop culture, he sure doesn't know much about it.

It's a good thing the people that would be impressed by that don't have a deep hatred for electric cars or anything like that...

/sarcasm

So...

It's "Blade Runner", not "Bladerunner". That's not only the title of the film but a job and not a person's name - you may as well say it's the car Chemicalprocessengineer would drive. The future depicted is almost literally the archetype of a dystopian one, in which the Blade Runners are basically Stasi, hunting down more-or-less innocent people because of their race and because they're escaped slaves of a powerful megacorporation - and Rick Deckard (the actual guy, not called "Bladerunner") over the course of the film comes to realise what a piece of **** he is and the job is. And he literally drives a car in the film anyway, so no, it's not.

The Tweet basically reads: "It’s what I think my depressed fascist cops hunting down my escaped slave labour would drive. On Mars."

Because he's a ****wit.

"From the future" We've known exactly how it looks for 4 whole years now. There's nothing futuristic about it at all anymore. If there ever was.

There’s nothing futuristic about it. I saw one just yesterday; it’s still the oddest, most uninspiring vehicle ever designed. Its hype is going to die within a month or so once they actually deliver any of these bc most people will think it’s just a weird car.

Last edited:
I assume this is true... I mean it was on Twitter...

1699313107754.png

... Guess I'll just use Twitter for calling Tory MP's ***** then.

Last edited:
I assume this is true... I mean it was on Twitter...

View attachment 1301586

... Guess I'll just use Twitter for calling Tory MP's ***** then.
Xwitter is rapidly killing off all third party access (that they can't figure out how to directly monetize anyway), so not that big of a shock really. It's certainly not going to hurt PS5 sales any.

The problem is the Cybertruck isn't even good design for what it is and it doesn't look futuristic either. Blade Runner's furturistic 2019 is based on a 1980s future aesthetic, which naturally took whatever was cutting edge (at least cutting edge that the general population could grasp) at the time and embellished it. The funny thing is that automotive design is kind of a lesser design discipline with very lengthy product development periods, and as a result it is typically at least a decade behind other design disciplines like graphics or architecture, which themselves are decade(s) behind art.

Cubism starting 1905ish via Picasso and followers

which influenced modern architecture starting 1925ish via Corbusier and others

edit: I think there's a missing step here which is mid century modern (especially Italian, such as industrial/furniture designer Gio Ponti) industrial design which was the first mass commercialization (IMO) of the formal aesthetic of Cubism if not maybe its intellectual rigor.

which, significantly later, influenced Italian avant-garde automotive design via Marcello Gandini in the late 1960s

which, later, influenced mainstream automotive design via mass market Bertone (and others) designs starting in the late 1970s

which, arriving when Blade Runner was being made could represent a popularly-digestible vision of the future.

which, decades later, has been misappropriated by a manchild to represent the future...again...even though the basic elements are now over a century old.

At least, that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back