Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,182 comments
The original movie for Dune did these hand-generated cube-like designs which were supposed to look like video games of the time.

DuneReduxShields-1024x576.jpg

The idea being that poorly rendered shapes looked super futuristic in the 80s because that's what computers could handle. It wasn't poor rendering in the movie, it was the director's design choice, because the intent was to come off computer-like and futuristic. I think Elon is still stuck at that point, and it fits based on his age.

The Cybertruck was unveiled in LA on November 21, 2019, the same location and date that Blade Runner was set. You'd think someone seemingly obsessed with the movie would know better.

The problem is the Cybertruck isn't even good design for what it is and it doesn't look futuristic either. Blade Runner's furturistic 2019 is based on a 1980s future aesthetic, which naturally took whatever was cutting edge (at least cutting edge that the general population could grasp) at the time and embellished it. The funny thing is that automotive design is kind of a lesser design discipline with very lengthy product development periods, and as a result it is typically at least a decade behind other design disciplines like graphics or architecture, which themselves are decade(s) behind art.

Cubism starting 1905ish via Picasso and followers

which influenced modern architecture starting 1925ish via Corbusier and others

edit: I think there's a missing step here which is mid century modern (especially Italian, such as industrial/furniture designer Gio Ponti) industrial design which was the first mass commercialization (IMO) of the formal aesthetic of Cubism if not maybe its intellectual rigor.

which, significantly later, influenced Italian avant-garde automotive design via Marcello Gandini in the late 1960s

which, later, influenced mainstream automotive design via mass market Bertone (and others) designs starting in the late 1970s

which, arriving when Blade Runner was being made could represent a popularly-digestible vision of the future.

which, decades later, has been misappropriated by a manchild to represent the future...again...even though the basic elements are now over a century old.

At least, that's how I see it.
I don't even think its really a cubism aesthetic that drives the vehicle design in Blade Runner as much as the need to create futuristic flying cars on a budget. It's much easier to create something from scratch with bits of plywood and some vacuum formed plastics which in turn leads to a simpler form of aesthetic.

You don't have to look too closely at the vehicles used in the original Total Recall film to see how shabby some of these props are. They look like they're (unintentionally) falling apart on screen.

Musk approves? It's hard to even follow. Jewish people hate white people? How does the Islamic-Jewish conflict establish this? Or have anything to do with this claim? It just claims jewish people hate white people, unsubstantiated (and basically impossible to establish), and then goes on to say they deserve to be slaughtered in a holy war - presumably because of the claim.

Mindboggling.

Look, I get every group can be a bit self-loathing, but aren't most Jews also white? I know I'm trying to make a reasonable conclusion out of idiocy but still.

I think his "rationale", for want of a better word, seems to be that liberal jooz don't hate Muslim immigrants enough and Muslims hate white people therefore they do too.

"The friend of my enemy is my enemy". It's rhetoric twisted by hate. And Elon and his thralls lap it right up.

Last edited:
Of all the unhinged conspiracy theories I've heard, the one where Jewish people hate white people is just baffling. How? Who? Huh? Also the sentence about hordes of minorities is so poorly constructed I can't even understand what he is trying to articulate.

The Ben Shapiro vibes are strong with this one. Words almost make sense in the context given...but not quite.

Last edited:
Of all the unhinged conspiracy theories I've heard, the one where Jewish people hate white people is just baffling.
Aren't, like... a lot of Jewish people also white themselves? You might as well say that Canadians hate white people.

"White people" is a huge order with many ethnicities and cultural groups in it.

Look, I get every group can be a bit self-loathing, but aren't most Jews also white? I know I'm trying to make a reasonable conclusion out of idiocy but still.
The whole concept of race is 100% subjective. Who belongs to what race depends on who is asking, why they’re asking, when they are asking, where they are asking. There’s no objective answer to that question because race doesn’t objectively exist.

Weren't Italians and other ethnic groups once considered non-white by bigots in the States? I think Jewish people were also included in that.

There was also this:

Last edited:
I think it's the conspiracy that Jews are responsible for white replacement, hence they will never be "100% white" but Jewish first.

Weren't Italians and other ethnic groups once considered non-white by bigots in the States?
Yes. We once went over this in this subforum to prove that white people have been discriminated against but also that racial goalposts move to whatever suits the zeitgeist; in that case, Italians in North America during prohibition.

I posted this image in relation to the discussion:

The_Unrestricted_Dumping-Ground._Louis_Dalrymple.jpg

Props to McKinley for his spicily modern hand gesture.

Last edited:
I'm sure if he keeps digging he will reach China and be so happy to finally get to his dream country.

Apple purportedly joining IBM dropping advertising on Twitter. Seems less than ideal.

Just read Disney is the latest to suspend advertising.
It's a woke conspiracy. Soros has gotta be pulling the strings!

tumblr_0729383324453f8c6adcea338b6e60e9_eaacb417_250.gif

I never see ads for any of these megacorps on Twitter. They're all from generic boxshifters.

Last edited:
Given how much of a hit Musk has already taken on X / Twitter, it's quite astonishing that his latest ill-judged outburst could yet be his costliest - and indeed, they could prove be the costliest six words in modern economic history.

Back