Elon's Antics

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 1,408 comments
When your vocabulary contains a variety of racial slurs but not the phrase "stop digging."

gfy2.jpg
gfy.jpg
How dare the advertisers don't pay to be on here if they don't like what I say!

I don't know whether my favourite part is that Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino - whose basic job is to get more advertisers in - was in the front row for that, or that he literally aimed that comment directly at, by name, Disney CEO Bob Iger.

200.gif

Edit: This is the first time I've heard this guy speak out loud (aside from that poor quality Spaces thing he hosted and flounced from) since Iron Man 2 and I still don't know what that accent is supposed to be (it sounds like he's a non-native English speaker trying to imitate British royalty but never got the hang of it), but that aside this is just inane jabbering and... this guy is supposed to be the super-intelligent dude that's saving humanity?

"Let's see what Earth thinks" is just batcrap... and he thinks it's a reasonable point?

Last edited:
What an absolute cringe-inducing moron the way he repeats himself a second time just to get a "positive" reaction of laughs from the crowd.

But, that 1st reaction of silence is the honest one from everyone present there. No one is blackmailing you, that's the free market at work. You're free to share antisemitism on your platform & the advertisers are free to leave. Maybe he'll take Andrew Tate's laughable $12m/year as a sign of desperation.

What an absolute cringe-inducing moron the way he repeats himself a second time just to get a "positive" reaction of laughs from the crowd.

But, that 1st reaction of silence is the honest one from everyone present there. No one is blackmailing you, that's the free market at work. You're free to share antisemitism on your platform & the advertisers are free to leave. Maybe he'll take Andrew Tate's laughable $12m/year as a sign of desperation.
Yeah, I feel like he was waiting for the big cheer after the first one. But instead everyone was just "okay, that's a take I guess but it seems kinda childish and insane given the power you wield and the fact that you're doing this to yourself".

He can't get rid of this mindset that he's this lone warrior fighting the good fight against the evil forces that control the world. Which was arguably never true anyway, but to the extent that it ever was it's very much not now. So he just comes off as this insecure edgelord who probably shouldn't be trusted with a pair of scissors in case he decides to stab the cat or something.

No one is blackmailing you, that's the free market at work. You're free to share antisemitism on your platform & the advertisers are free to leave.
This is exactly the reality he was fighting against when he bought twitter in the first place.

Elon's just bulding up to his master plan of owning the internet, guys. Don't you know He's had a plan for X.com to be the biggest social website since the 90s? Man's obsessed with the letter X. Space X, Tesla X, his kid named X....

Last edited:
I understand some Musk-suckers think the pasty, patchy-bearded bitch is God, but maybe we can do without pronoun capitalization.
You dun goofed. mistaking sarcasm for religious worship. Easy enough mistake when you're obsessed with hating elon...

Last edited:
You dun goofed. mistaking sarcasm for religious worship. Easy enough mistake when you're obsessed with hating elon...
Sweet fancy Moses, it was a joke. I actually assumed it was a minor mistake, as though you'd previously started the sentence there but decided to add the preceding "Don't you know" and then forgot to address the capitalization.

Sweet fancy Moses, it was a joke. I actually assumed it was a minor mistake, as though you'd previously started the sentence there but decided to add the preceding "Don't you know" and then forgot to address the capitalization.
Well calling anyone who follows or likes elon a "musk-sucker" then referring to elon as a "little bitch" in front of his fans isn't all that funny, even as a "joke". I can think of many funnier things than your poor choice of words

Last edited:
Well calling anyone who follows or likes elon a "musk-sucker" then referring to elon as a "little bitch" in front of his fans isn't all that funny, even as a "joke". I can think of many funnier things than your poor choice of words
And yet it still wasn't a serious reply. That you didn't find it humorous, especially as it seems you're so disinclined, has no bearing.

And yet it still wasn't a serious reply. That you didn't find it humorous, especially as it seems you're so disinclined, has no bearing.
When you start swearing like a sailor, you throw out your credibility. This isn't about grammar. It's about you turning Elon's antics into a hate thread or a "point the finger and bash him" witchhunt. Nevertheless. I rest. Since this is now the "hate elon thread and bash him" there's no point in talking reason. You give no room for nuance with your antics

Last edited:
The bootlicking game is strong with these guys.

How many computer games actually involve the player participating in antics that aren't either illigal or considered immoral in most societies? Isn't escapism one of the strong selling points of gaming?

I don't want to demolish peoples homes and businesses to make way for a new road, IRL, but sure as hell will do it without a shed of remorse whilst playing C:S.

I've got some observations about how Twitter's algorithm works vis a vis the Media Matters lawsuit. I use my Twitter basically exclusively follow artists and have only every made three tweets in the 7 years I've had it. I've followed a pretty small group of people that entire time (hard capped at 75 with some cycling in and out that whole time) and my content is pretty consistent.

On Friday I watched two (2) videos about the Cybertruck crash testing (and from people who were dunking on it, at that), then spent the rest of the weekend disabling Tesla related topics in my feed and muting Tesla fanboy accounts. Then I looked at one Tweet yesterday from someone dunking on the Fallout TV show for looking like Fallout 4 and another one from that same person making fun of people who think Fallout 4 isn't junk, and spent the rest of the day clearing my feed out of the right wing JonTron-esque hexagonal conspiracy theories and Cancel Culture politics of that member and half a dozen people who follow him.

So my question is thus: Why did Media Matters have to do the elaborate methodology that they talked about to have white supremacist crap show up on their feed next to ads for IBM or whoever when I ended up getting similar nonsense after looking at two Tweets outside of my normal list of stuff?

Wow. If only all of us could have the moral character to not play a game that doesn't come out for two more years.

Last edited:
When you start swearing like a sailor, you throw out your credibility. This isn't about grammar. It's about you turning Elon's antics into a hate thread or a "point the finger and bash him" witchhunt. Nevertheless. I rest. Since this is now the "hate elon thread and bash him" there's no point in talking reason. You give no room for nuance with your antics
lol. Swearing? Grammar? What are you talking about?

You cried because you didn't like what I said and it wasn't enough that I made clear my remarks weren't serious. But if you noping out means you're also going to stop bitching at me, that's fine. Maybe work on not being such a delicate flower in the future.

Last edited:
Nah you try way too hard sometimes for sure.
To what?
It wasn't clear to me whether you were picking a fight with wheelhp or not either.
That's fine. It's even understandable, though it was obvious to me when I said it. I did try (maybe too hard or something) to clear that up by not only saying it was a joke but establishing how I'd actually interpreted what I'd read before joking about it. I didn't even dig in, I just attempted to eliminate the confusion and that could have easily been the end of it but someone decided it wasn't enough.

"Didn't like doing crime". Which is why I bought a game named after a crime.

Also, the Community Notes completely bodied Ian.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I mean, he can go up to punch the cops as opposed to shooting them if we want to get pedantic.

"Didn't like doing crime". Which is why I bought a game named after a crime.

Also, the Community Notes completely bodied Ian.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

God damn. How long will the note last when the bitch he so frequently fellates runs the site?

Back