Endurance Racing in Offline

• Thread starter monildan
  • 69 comments
I was about to vote this when I noticed this thread but I actually had already liked this :P:tup: Now it would be the best opportunity to create various cool endurance races in GT history as we have various tracks with variable weather and time transition as well as more racing cars! For example we have Motegi, Bathurst, Brands Hatch, Spa and many more good endurance tracks.. and nobody have mentioned the Daytona 24 hours as far as I see ;) What we only need is better AI (removing the rubber banding would be a good start) and B-spec in GT4 style. It would be what the GT6 really needs for me (with sound update).

But I have hope for this since it has been rumored that the B-spec is coming in update and it might be implemented in GT4-way. If the B-spec is really coming there must be new events coming with it because it would be useless in current events because they are so short and the Bob would never catch the leader without a tighter grid :lol:

I think they should include a "slider" option to S races. Slider with adjustment from 10 min (or 24 min) to 24h. That way those who want 24h races can have that. That way drivers could choose what they want. Credits should be multiplayed with duration.

Just my opinion.

I think they should include a "slider" option to S races. Slider with adjustment from 10 min (or 24 min) to 24h. That way those who want 24h races can have that. That way drivers could choose what they want. Credits should be multiplayed with duration.

Just my opinion.
that is a great idea.

the same thing should be implemented online too, where you can choose whether or not you want to race by lap count, time count, or distance..

Bring back real endurance racing period. But give us the option to stop the race in the middle and go back to the menu to race other races, do time trials, buy cars, do seasonal events, etc. The suspend championship option in GT5 (and now 6 even though it's pretty useless when you don't really have many races/series over 60 mins) didn't help because we are forced to restart the suspended event only. If you're like me and you're lucky to get an hour every week to race, it can (and did) take eons to finish the endurance races. But that interfered with my online b-spec grinding so I didn't bother with the really long ones lol.

I'm not sure if PD decided to do the 24min of Le Mans because they felt the 24h race was somehow too much of a burden on the PS3 hardware or if they did it because not everyone has the time to do a 24h race. Either way the concept is rather stupid and they should have just given us a bunch of longer racing series instead.

Ok enough ranting

A distance setting - like the idea! I know you could manually calculate it be laps and track length, but that is such a pain.
That's what was thinking and I have done it before.

(Ps... All you do is dived distance [say 1000km of Monza] by distance of the track [2.12 or something?] and kablamo, times fall from the sky [its not that hard] )

If PD can create complex game physics, I'm sure simple maths can be automatically calculated with the lap slider as a quick fix. They could do it better though.

If PD can create complex game physics, I'm sure simple maths can be automatically calculated with the lap slider as a quick fix. They could do it better though.
Actually... PD originally copied and pasted the physics model for the first two gens. I believe they've only tweaked it from then on out, never actually "starting over"

Actually... PD originally copied and pasted the physics model for the first two gens. I believe they've only tweaked it from then on out, never actually "starting over"

It was still complex physics in 1998, but yes it has evolved rather than be reconstructed.

PD decision to make sure the game was released in December, was a good one and bad one, Kaz had mentioned the re-inclusion of B-Spec back into A-Spec which I think has meant features tied to B-Spec, such as AI & Endurance Events where going to be held back, waiting on completion on B-Spec. Can only speculate, but with the re-inclusion will see tire/wear return both to Career & Arcade Modes and hopefully a revamped Career Mode with more events.

After 15 years of GT endurance races, the top of the pinnacle of endurance races can’t be the 24 minutes of Le Mans.:lol:

Ummmm...... 4 was "a complete rebuild".... as was 5 AND 6

Some CALCULATIONS may be transferred, but..... It's mostly new.
Graphically I would say yes, but the physics I think were changed only to make it look better than some 12-24 bit game..
2 was "different", 4 was "different", and 6 was "different", but not entirely new.

8 will be the same case.

Having watched the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend, I really need Endurance racing back, preferably with up to date LMP1, LMP2 and GTE cars, multi class Timing & scoring and above all other things - mechanical damage which need pit stops to fix.

Make it happen PD.

Vote for it people.

I always loved the GT series, i've played 1-4. Recently i bought PS3 - just to play exclusive games and GT6 was first on that list.

Endurance races are the MAIN reason i love GT, so imagine how dissapointed I am...

To tell the truth i created gtplanet account to bring my dissapointment to developers, and to find some info about online endurance races and communities that I can join...

And yet simple 'offline event creator' similar to that which is included in 'quick race mode' but with more options would suffice.

PD decision to make sure the game was released in December, was a good one and bad one, Kaz had mentioned the re-inclusion of B-Spec back into A-Spec which I think has meant features tied to B-Spec, such as AI & Endurance Events where going to be held back, waiting on completion on B-Spec. Can only speculate, but with the re-inclusion will see tire/wear return both to Career & Arcade Modes and hopefully a revamped Career Mode with more events.

After 15 years of GT endurance races, the top of the pinnacle of endurance races can’t be the 24 minutes of Le Mans.:lol:
I really hope you are right!

regnar said

I really hope you are right!

ME TOO!!!!!

Another vote above for Endurance in any form

But other options like large fields, multiple classes and a Distance/ lap slider.
Also maybe an implementation of B-spec to act as a co-driver when you pit and want a break, he can chew up an hour or two, or even 8 or 9 while you sleep if you choose.

I agree: I was so disappointed to unlock S-class racing and see how poor the content was.
We need 2h-3h races at least !
Le Mans 24 MINUTES ! :eek: Are you kidding ?

In a word: add races in S class ! It's so easy to fix: tracks and cars are already on the disc !

I agree there should be a further section of S class races. Best races in the game by far but why are there so few of them? I was so dissapointed when I unlocked it and saw just a handful of single races. Also get a formula GT championship in there, an endurance race section(of course!), more rally events/a few loeb special events and hill climbs. Again, a custom event creator fixes all these things, but I'd still like to see them added to A-spec to give the game more meat on the bone.

I really think Kaz should see this and make real venues and put in the traditional time frames for endurance races. Currently, we have Endurance modes that can be made to mock a real life endurance race with time of day and hours up to 24, but no one wants to race online for that long period of time.

To make endurance races realistic again GT needs to:

-Include a variation of tracks in the game that have many laps and last for many hours (up to 24 hours).
-Have a variation of categories completing (Grand Touring, Le Mans, NASCAR, etc.).
-Include save features when taking pit stops.
-Make the AI aggressive and/or mixed behaviors.
-Include classes if necessary in races (like in Le Mans, LMP1 and GT).

*I know some of these features are similar to GT5...

I really don't like these kinds of endurance races since GT5, my PS3 might overheat if I do a 24-hour race in the game.

I really don't like these kinds of endurance races since GT5, my PS3 might overheat if I do a 24-hour race in the game.

Unless you are playing in death valley that shouldn't be an issue, back in the early days of the PS3 many of us ran folding@home which had very high CPU use for months non-stop. PS3's were also used as server stacks and were in 24/7 use for *years*.

I've done 24 hour races in gt5 a few times and it never caused any issue. You can always set up a fan to blow plenty of cool air on it if you're nervous about it. And lets not forget that you can save the race and give it a break in gt5 since they updated it. If/when they finally add endurance races to GT6 I'm sure it'll have the ability to save at pitstops.

I hope the mods don't mind me dragging up an eight week-old thread.

Having watched the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend, I really need Endurance racing back, preferably with up to date LMP1, LMP2 and GTE cars, multi class Timing & scoring and above all other things - mechanical damage which need pit stops to fix.

Make it happen PD.

Vote for it people.
I agree, unfortunately it seems that there's too few cars in all endurance classes except SuperGT - and even then, there's no sign of the 2014 GT500s, or this year's GT300s for that matter.

Up to 2.45 hours like ALMS and Grand Am used to run.

3 Hours like in the Blancpain endurance series.

4 hours like in the ELMS

Variable races in the VLN series.

6 Hours like WEC.

12 hours of Bathurst would be nice.

300KM, 500KM and 1000KM distance races like the Super GT series runs and maybe 1000KM of Monza.

24 hours of Daytona, Le Mans, Spa and Nurburgring.

Accurate fuel and tyre use, realistic stints from player and AI and either use B Spec drivers for teammates or get together with some of the people on your Friends List to take on a race together.

Everyone who takes a stint gets the event cleared in their own save and gets to full credit award on their own game.

Everything you have said here is exactly what I want! You hit it completely on the head!

I do not play online much. for me, the biggest draw of a GT game is the endurance racing where i can pick one car and drive it over the course of 4-6-10 hrs etc and learn all the nuances of the car. Are we going to get proper endurance racing in GT6 at all? with or without B-spec??

Should never have been taken out!

Back