Engine/Drivetrain Swaps

Putting big, powerful engines in small cars would have its advantages, but it would be completely uncontrollable if you didn't change the tires, or adjust their width if PD adds that feature too.

That's another thread altogether. I do agree. If PD can build virtual "race car" versions of their street cars and greatly increase the width of the driven wheels, the user should be able to implement that modification too. For example, the 1969 Camaro Z/28 Race Car vs. the basic street car. Rear wheels are much wider on the racing model. Why can't we as players use wider tires on any model????

The movie Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift had an old Mustang with a Nissan motor in it...

FORD MUSTANG FROM TOKYO DRIFT.jpg

I say let us do a drivetrain swap for any car even if it has to be custom made. A lot of people who do drivetrain conversions make custom parts and layouts for the car. As for engine swaps, I figure if it fits in the engine bay, it should be allowed. Of course some cars can be cut out a bit to fit a bigger motor in them (Which I think should be allowed too), but a W16 with a quad turbo is obviosly not going to fit into a Golf GTI and shouldn't be. The goal of PD is to be as realistic in thier game as possible and that would be plenty enough for a long time.

I never played Forza, but I played NFS Shift 2 and got to try the engine swap function, and it seemed awkward the possibility of fitting a V10 from a M5 or M6 on a E30 M3, but I did enjoy my 2JZ powered AE86. The other thing that caused some frustration to me was that the game had the (sponsored) AE86 with the Mazda engine I posted before, but did not allow you to do the engine swap, it restricted the engine swaps inside the same brand :(
If GT goes ahead with this I hope they allow it multi brand swaps as there are so many successful examples in the tuning community.

I dont see many new features being added to gt6 for the time being, apart from things like speed test and hopefully drag racing, but more complex features such as engine and drivetrain swaps could possibly be added in gt7. (Come on PD)

I dont see many new features being added to gt6 for the time being, apart from things like speed test and hopefully drag racing, but more complex features such as engine and drivetrain swaps could possibly be added in gt7. (Come on PD)

There's no reason why this can't be added in a Ver 2.0. Hybriding has been done since the early GT games. All they need to do is build a system that makes the engine/powertrain swapping aspect a legitimate feature.

It's an great idea. I want to put R92CP engine on a Lotus Elise. So I would like to do this feature.

Too unrealistic. A good swap would be a turbo'd Honda K20B. Even wilder, a Mazda 20B. MAYBE a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan V6. Otherwise, you might as well redesign the whole car like the Hennessey Venom GT.

NO THANK YOU. Leave that silliness to forza. I like the idea, if it's done well but I don't want to play a game where a fiat 500 can overtake a Ferrari. If I could give my Dodge Ram a V10 viper engine that would be cool or put a lager motor into my Camaro, but this feature is just going to be abused with over use or stupidity.
You've never played Forza have you?

if you buy all the car improvements (very expensive ...) you can let able for example to have a 2CV that outmatch 200 km/h speed, that's enough for me, maybe a bit too much.

The ability to put another engine (from the same family) into your car.
i.e, you could put a 2JZGTE (engine from a Toyota Supra RZ) into a Toyota GT86, or an RB26DETT (engine from a Nissan Skyline GT-R ) into a Nissan Silvia.

Drivetrain swaps are the ability to change your car from FF to 4WD, say.
i.e, changing a Honda Civic Type R 4WD, because the 4WD Element is based on the same chassis. Or, you could change the FF Scion TC (not in game), which is based of the same platform as the 4WD Toyota Avensis, and convert the Scion to RWD.
I agree! I think that Engine and all swaps should be present! What do you think?

I don't ever see this happening in a Gran Turismo game. Not having this happen is not something that would bother me in the slightest but I can see the appeal of it. I think it's probably the least likely feature suggestion to make it.

I think it should happen.. i heard you can do it in FROZA so why not on GT6?? and why dose it gotta be in the same family? isn't that the fun of swapping stuff

how about only making it for REALISTIC engine swaps not like the crappy engine swap system that's in Forza 5 how about something like for example, putting a RX-7 spirit R engine in a MX-5 or a Enzo engine in a Ferrari California not something stupid like a LS1 in a goddamn NSX

yeah see this is good.. like id take a new camaro motor & drop into a Civic HB.. (civette).. or even take a new Subaru WRX trubo motor and put it into a old VW bug (that's realistic cause its been done) You know what i was thinking.. another example Drop a Chevy V8 in a new Mustang. i can see the burn out comps now

Last edited:
Back