Engine swaps - discussions, tips and tricks

• Thread starter Kazuya720
  • 49 comments
I won a Porsche engine for the ‘92 911 in a roulette spin and thought I’d try it before I had heard this is possible. I put it in my Beetle which is now undriveable at high speed due to front end lift and no aero solutions. I wouldn’t change a thing. :-)

I didn't see a definitive answer on the question of whether the engine is a one-use item, or is does it work like paint colors & rims, can apply to as many vehicles as it will fit?

Same for all the other parts?

I didn't see a definitive answer on the question of whether the engine is a one-use item, or is does it work like paint colors & rims, can apply to as many vehicles as it will fit?

Same for all the other parts?
One-use item, although buying new engine after swap grants you the swapped (not the original) engine. If you want a 2JZ in your Yaris and GR86, you need 2 engines.

One-use item, although buying new engine after swap grants you the swapped (not the original) engine. If you want a 2JZ in your Yaris and GR86, you need 2 engines.
Ok wait up, so I can buy duplicates of the swapped engine and use it on other cars then?

Example: I have a Integra with the K20c, I can buy two other K20c engines and dump then on my Mini and EK Civic?

More over, what if instead of doing that I can just buy the engines on the original cars and then do the swaps to the other cars? Altough I suppose the latter shouldn't be possible as it invalidates needing the roulette wheel to get the swaps at all.

Also a reminder: the text at the tuning shop says that the "new engine" option buy a FACTORY STOCK engine that was provided with the car, which is why I ask these question, because said text leads me to believe that the new engine just puts a new engine of the factory configuration in the car...

As is, I buy a new engine for my RX-7, and the game removes my 4rotor engine from it and puts on the stock REW engine from factory

Last edited:
Ok wait up, so I can buy duplicates of the swapped engine and use it on other cars then?

Example: I have a Integra with the K20c, I can buy two other K20c engines and dump then on my Mini and EK Civic?

More over, what if instead of doing that I can just buy the engines on the original cars and then do the swaps to the other cars? Altough I suppose the latter shouldn't be possible as it invalidates needing the roulette wheel to get the swaps at all.

Also a reminder: the text at the tuning shop says that the "new engine" option buy a FACTORY STOCK engine that was provided with the car, which is why I ask these question, because said text leads me to believe that the new engine just puts a new engine of the factory configuration in the car...

As is, I buy a new engine for my RX-7, and the game removes my 4rotor engine from it and puts on the stock REW engine from factory
You cannot buy engines. As of now, you can only get them with a roulette ticket.
When you replace an engine in a car, you get what was in the car.

Anybody have a couple screenshots to prove/disprove this? I am under the impression that if you replace the engine, you will get the stock engine in return.

You know I would do that, but unfortunately the only engine I have tons of spare is the Mazda 4 rotor one...I ain't paying a million for it, I got no more money for it LOL

Last edited:
This is incorrect. If the car is swapped, you get a new swap motor
This is good to know, but what I do want to know is: Is the new swapped engine we buy, added to our inventory at the "tuning parts" tab we have at the garage? Or it just goes straight into the swapped car and the old swapped engine is discarded?

This is good to know, but what I do want to know is: Is the new swapped engine we buy, added to our inventory at the "tuning parts" tab we have at the garage? Or it just goes straight into the swapped car and the old swapped engine is discarded?
Straight into the new car and the old one is discarded. Will post a pic shortly

Last edited:
Straight into the new car and the old one is discarded. Will post a pic shortly

I have to wonder if that's intentional or not. It doesn't make sense, but that's kinda’ PD’s MO, isn’t it?

I have to wonder if that's intentional or not. It doesn't make sense, but that's kinda’ PD’s MO, isn’t it?
I’m not sure. I know the first time I did it was because I wanted to go back to the stock motor and no such luck. They’re like wide bodies in that way, there’s no way to remove the swapped motor

I won a Porsche engine for the ‘92 911 in a roulette spin and thought I’d try it before I had heard this is possible. I put it in my Beetle which is now undriveable at high speed due to front end lift and no aero solutions. I wouldn’t change a thing. :-)
Was quite amusing when I 1st encountered this, nearly had it at 90degrees going over the lip at nordschleife

Back