"Engine" tuning?

• Thread starter Aus_Azn
  • 2 comments
Does it annoy anyone else that whenever you add an engine stage onto any Premium car, it always makes the redline on the tachometer irrelevant? Perhaps it's just me being overly pedantic, but I own 2 of every one of my active racing cars.

Redline is irrelevant either way, all it is there for is to tell you when you're putting too much stress on the internals really. Adding engine tuning just raises the rev limit which changes nothing.

Would be good I guess to customise your redline but hey, in a game it really has no bearing other than the claim that 'redlining' the car wears it out quicker in GT5.

Dude it changes everything!! Power = torque x rpm. Thats how you get more power from tuning. Red line is there to limit the engines rpm so the engine won't get damaged or overheat. Redlining the engine will not make the car wear out, but allows you to use the power band. That is why power is written as eg. 500bhp @ 6,500 RPM. This is usually very close to the redline. I had to sum it up so you wouldn't tl;dr this.

Back