Enhance Your Skills II - Qualifier

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 201 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to improve a little today,but find it incredible hard to be consistent in the last part of the lap...making silly mistakes and finding no rythm whatsoever...

Need more laps,hopefully this weekend...

spyrrari.

Its good to see that another Div 2 driver is struggling with this combo - it is most difficult to be consistent for an entire lap in this little Lotus.

My biggest problems are getting through Degner 1 cleanly, when I'm "on it" I tend to either cut the corner too much or end up running wide. Also I don't think I'm carrying enough speed through Spoon. If I do manage to get past 130r without any major problems then I tend to be a bit too conservative for the last chicane just to ensure I get a decent time on the clock.

I'm enjoying this combo though :cheers:

I really like EYS and Suzuka but I also really dislike the car in every way except for the total absence of understeer. After giving it some serious effort I even managed a clean lap or two :ill: but the laptime is well below the 500 mark. Can I have my own div3 please, Maddie? :)

A simple question so i dont end up sending a bad replay (when the time comes)! Rumble stripes are part of the track right? Coz i think Suzy is a tricky one when comes to clean laps! Really hard combo i have to say! Its not that hard to drive but, still hard to get consistence! Very well chosen Mad:)👍!

PS: When you see me replay youll laugh! With sixaxis the car takes like 0.5 sec to change gears :grumpy:!

A simple question so i dont end up sending a bad replay (when the time comes)! Rumble stripes are part of the track right?

Standard Clean OLR:
* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
* rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
* if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* no cheating of any kind, nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
(This includes conduct in the discussion thread. Administrators of this series reserve the right to suspend or expel racers from this race or series if these guidelines are breached - think before you post)
* save your best lap/ghost replay

If I've left anything out or if you have any questions, just post and Mad94d will answer.

These pictures from the WRS may help you 👍

clean01.jpg
dirty01.jpg

clean02.jpg
dirty02.jpg

clean03.jpg
dirty03.jpg

clean04.jpg
dirty04.jpg

clean05.jpg
dirty05.jpg

clean06.jpg
dirty06.jpg

The leaderboard is crazy right now. Great lap Carl, keep flying that US flag 👍

Hey guys. Got a 2'19.882 with a 1'00.918 T1 split. Definitely can see 2/3 tenth improvment with no mistakes. Can someone view my replay & see if i'm clean before degner curve? Not sure if I got 2 wheels on the track :scared:

Last edited:
Sinistar: Your lap looks 100% clean to me 👍 Nice job through T2/T3 :sly: 👍

I finally got around to having another session myself - Improved to 2'19.876. I might be able to take another tenth or two off, but it's going to be tough with the belt inside my Fanatec wheel feeling like lasagna :lol: and the FFB feeling like jello :yuck: I'll come back in a few to have another go...

Sick lap Carl! :cheers: Your smoothness and technique with left foot braking are SUPERB! 👍 BTW, I just ordered a DFGT today 👍

The leaderboard is crazy right now. Great lap Carl, keep flying that US flag 👍

Sick lap Carl! :cheers: Your smoothness and technique with left foot braking are SUPERB! 👍 BTW, I just ordered a DFGT today 👍

Thanks for the kind words guys. You both are doing great as well.
I'm not quitting yet though, as I had a lap going last night with splits of 1'00.490 and 1'52.692, and the splits on my leaderboard time have a T1 of 1'00.744 I think, and something like a 52.85x T2, so I know there's 2 tenths left.

TA, I think you are going to love the DFGT. Don't give up on it if it takes you a few days to get used to it. It will be well worth it. I think you'll be amazed. On a sidenote, I've got my FFB down to 2 now :lol: I know, I'm a girly man :indiff:

EDIT: Great lap by Sinibomb as well 👍 You're a great, clean racer, and you're also great in the Lotus :cheers:

Last edited:

:lol:

I'm not quitting yet though, as I had a lap going last night with splits of 1'00.490 and 1'52.692, and the splits on my leaderboard time have a T1 of 1'00.744 I think, and something like a 52.85x T2, so I know there's 2 tenths left.

1'00.490 T1! That's disgusting :ill: :lol: 👍 I've only seen a few low .6 T1's myself....and even if my wheel was working properly I could probably only muster a low to mid .5 at best. So yea, just giving you major props, as you must be on the absolute ragged edge to manage a .4 in T1 👍 For my sake, I hope you don't bring this type of performance to the GT5P North American competition, in a couple of weeks time :lol:

I just did a new pb lap myself...tied you for now (2'19.786) :ill: My T1 was utter crap on that lap - only a 1'00.838 :lol: But made up for it with a nice run through T2 - 1'52.787 IIRC...but I continue to drop the ball through T3 for some reason. It took me much longer than it should have to get into the 2'19.7's considering I must have ran about 10 laps with a T2 in the high 52.7xx - low 52.8xx range :dunce: If everything went right I could see another 2 tenths at the line...but easier said than done of course.

Last edited:
Carl, I did try this combo for a while, and I have to say that I'm VERY impressed about the .4 T1 :bowdown: :bowdown:

Not sure what is the fastest T1 on the board atm, but from my short experience that is really insane time. :cheers: Keep the good work up, I'm really impressed from your recent pace overall. 👍

:)

The fastest non clutch T1 was put up by KOR_Joker, with a 1'00.604. His T1 isn't perfect, but it is very solid. A 1'00.490 must be REALLY close to being perfect I must say 👍

Just looked at the rankings... There is some very ridiculous lap times on that by EYS competitors. Thanks heaps guys for giving EYS II such a big go, especially the qualifier!

I'm done and have submitted my own lap time to myself. :D :lol: Make sure you all remember to submit, 1 more day left to submit. Make sure you all submit your replays in this thread on submission too guys. 👍

.490 T1!! Absolutely breathtaking...I don't have the nerve to get a low T1, I become too timid at the 2 rights before it, If I'm ahead of my ghost. I had a chance to get a low .6 lap time with a low .7 T2 and had perfect left following (maintaing a speed of no less than 201km/h) but I had no rhythm or feel for the last section and overshot, thats it for me, great time Carl;)

.490 T1!! Absolutely breathtaking...I don't have the nerve to get a low T1, I become too timid at the 2 rights before it, If I'm ahead of my ghost. I had a chance to get a low .6 lap time with a low .7 T2 and had perfect left following (maintaing a speed of no less than 201km/h) but I had no rhythm or feel for the last section and overshot, thats it for me, great time Carl;)

Thanks Dan 👍 I'm still kicking myself :ouch: I had such a cushion on my ghost, all I had to do was keep it together and just have a reasonably good T3, but I choked, and really messed up Casio. I'm pleased to have been able to do pretty well here so far, but I really like Suzuka. It's my favorite track by far, and in the upcoming events at other tracks, I know I'll have my work cut out for me.

you guys are definitely doing something right in t2 that i cannot do. i can run high .6xx and low .7xx in t1 but i cant get lower than .9xx in t2, i lose way too much time at spoon. I'll give it one more shot tomorrow and call it quits.

Great time Carl, a .490 t1=
2qdudqw.gif

Great lap Timeattack, and all the other EYS competitiors in the top 10. 👍

Last edited:
Well this is an interesting scenario I have here. If I get my wheel back tomorrow and it's working perfectly I'll have just an hour or 2 to do my qualifier and after a month's worth of not racing, that brief time period won't be anything magical. I think also that given the number of aliens punching out numbers here I'd be in group 2 no matter the conditions anyway.:sly:
I hope my wheel is fixed though, really hope.:nervous: Especially with December 17th approaching fast.:scared:

I've had another shot today, I've managed to get my time down to 2.23.0xx which put me 104th just outside the leaderboard. I'll give it one more go tomorrow to see if I can make up another couple of tenths

Some insane times being done in that top 10!

After 3 sessions i ended up with a mid 20, more left in it but am not worried as it's just the qualifier.

Hopefully thats good enough for DIV 1 :dopey:

Attachments

• TIZZLAA - 2'20.663.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 15
Here is mine. It's hard to get every part of the circuit right. I mean I get T1 right but I mess my T2 or the opposite. The best I could do this week. Looking forward for the competition. 👍

EDIT: How do I watch replays from other people without having winzip ?
EDIT 2 : Nevermind, I've re-downloaded the 45 days trial version.
EDIT 3 : I can't watch TIZZLAA's replay. :lol:

Attachments

• GTP_Worst_Driver 2'22.393.zip
    118.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
26 hours left! I think i can still shave 0.3, but it has to be perfect with pad! This really isnt a "sixaxis" car, coz it needs mid corner half throotle to gain stability! Im all the way in front of Takeuchi, but right after the Ss to the 1st check point, he gives me 0.5:indiff:!

Last edited:
Just submitted my lap time which is currently on the leaderboard. I have work tomorrow so I won't have time for anymore runs unfortunately.

Under 24 hours to submit your time to me. Please make sure you send a pm...

Also post your replays here as soon as possible.

There will be a 1 week break too as I sort out divisions etc. So continue the war in the Elise if you want.:lol:

Well I've managed to scratch together a 2'21.7. If I had a whole week, or even a whole day/a couple more hours, I am pretty certain I could have dropped another whole second off of that, or damn close to, but alas when you're on a time budget and your wheel has been broken for about a month it isn't easy to step straight back into an Elise and bank a fast lap. ;) This lap was messy.:lol:

Attachments

• GTP_Paulie-2'21.783.zip
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
A little improvement and happy enough to use a qualifier.👍

Attachments

• GTP_zed300 EYS qualifier 2'21.854.zip
    118.7 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back