Enhance Your Skills II - Round 1

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 168 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot woot, round 1 victory to Paulie.:D Now I better get these pedals fixed before round 2......again!:irked:

Crap!

I totally forgot to put in my replay! Dang nabbit - 7 points wasted already, ARrrrrrghhhh.

Still on my PS3 though.

*looking innocent, puppy dog eyes, twiddling thumbs, doing that twisty leg thing, looking pathetic*

Yeah Same here Nibbers... So I think that'd be a DQ for us too then... I didn't waste that many points though. After the TT-R Race meet i'll sort out who has put in replays and who hasn't. 👍

Yeah Same here Nibbers... So I think that'd be a DQ for us too then... I didn't waste that many points though. After the TT-R Race meet i'll sort out who has put in replays and who hasn't. 👍

yeah yeah..... also doing the leg thing of course :rolleyes: :lol:... if that doesn't help it's 10 points out the window for me, too. I put in my replay, post #110, but I forgot about the PM => stupid :dunce:

But there's a next round 👍:cheers:

Great work with the results Mad, looking forward to round 2. :cheers:

Will try and check some replays tomorrow if I get a chance. :scared:

Congrats to Carl and Paulie for their wins in their respective divisions :cheers:

On another note - Does anyone else feel that the points margin from 1st to 2nd place is a bit drastic? The difference in points from 1st to 2nd is the same from 2nd to 7th place...which seems a bit extreme IMO :odd:

Congrats to Carl and Paulie for their wins in their respective divisions :cheers:

On another note - Does anyone else feel that the points margin from 1st to 2nd place is a bit drastic? The difference in points from 1st to 2nd is the same from 2nd to 7th place...which seems a bit extreme IMO :odd:

Well it does give you a good chance to fight back after you have lost some points during the event...imagine you were not able to compete several or one race or made a stupid mistake with the replay upload(like i did...:ouch:)and the difference would only be 2 points or so between nr1 and nr2,it would take ages to get back were you whas on the leaderboard....also,it now gives more people a chance to winn points as opposed to lets say the formula1 system,were only 8 people get points...

I think with some drift events comming up aswell,there will be a lot of different people getting a chance to score big!!...

Just my opinion TA,maybe you and others think differently about this....

spy.

One of the main reasons I don't know if I'm capable of victory, drift events!:lol: Also Eiger events.:scared:

That was just an attempt to award winning. I know how fast all of you in Div 1 are, and how close it is week-in week-out, so I rewarded winning significantly more.

Well it does give you a good chance to fight back after you have lost some points during the event...imagine you were not able to compete several or one race or made a stupid mistake with the replay upload(like i did...:ouch:)and the difference would only be 2 points or so between nr1 and nr2,it would take ages to get back were you whas on the leaderboard....also,it now gives more people a chance to winn points as opposed to lets say the formula1 system,were only 8 people get points...

I think with some drift events comming up aswell,there will be a lot of different people getting a chance to score big!!...

Just my opinion TA,maybe you and others think differently about this....

spy.

Hey Spy, I completely agree with what you said.

I'm not sure if I made my original opinion/point clear enough though, so I'll reiterate what I was trying to get across, which validates/corresponds with what you said that much more.

IMO the margin from 1st to 2nd in particular shouldn't be so large. A more ideal awardment for 1st place would be 12 points, or maybe 13 at the very most, given that the points spread between each consecutive positions from 2nd to 7th is only 1 point between each. However, I do believe the 1st place competitor deserves more than just 1 point more than the 2nd place driver, but IMO 5 points more is way too extreme to make things competitive and engaging until the very end, especially for the more consistent drivers who SHOULD be in contention until the very end.

Say we have 18 rounds - You can have a driver who wins 9 of the rounds and then finishes 7th in the remaining 9 rounds and still theoretically scores the same amount of points as someone who finishes in 2nd place in each and every round, despite having a much worse average finishing position - 4th vs. 2nd for the driver who finishes in 2nd place every round. To me that places too much emphasis on the importance of winning, without enough toward consistency as well. Not only that, but like you said, if a driver happens to miss a round or two, this gives the winner of the round just that much more points to run away with the Championship.

In the end I respect Mad's opinion and judgment, and realize he has the complete authority regarding this. I just thought I would share my 2 cents to possibly improve the competitiveness of this Championship...at least in my eyes 👍

Edit:

That was just an attempt to award winning. I know how fast all of you in Div 1 are, and how close it is week-in week-out, so I rewarded winning significantly more.

I see 👍

I understand your point TA. I believe this is a better system than last series, but I agree that it still does need work. But you can't really change the points system after the series has begun. If I EYS again when GT5 is released I will have a real good think about the points system and not just other areas. 👍

I understand your point TA. I believe this is a better system than last series, but I agree that it still does need work. But you can't really change the points system after the series has begun. If I EYS again when GT5 is released I will have a real good think about the points system and not just other areas. 👍

I understand where you stand mate :cheers:

In the end, the points system doesn't really make too much difference to me, as I'm just taking this competition for what it is worth - a venue to enhance and prepare my GT skills for GT5, and to do the best I possibly can against some of the best drivers on GTPlanet 👍

With the GT5 demo taking up most drivers time up until the end of January (and possibly more for those who advance), I can't say that everyones dedication will be put into each and every EYS round to begin with...so we may as well just have fun while we take part and not sweat the little things so much :)

How will the drift rounds be judged? Are we using the online scoring system which doesn't adhere well to the real drift scoring system?

How will the drift rounds be judged? Are we using the online scoring system which doesn't adhere well to the real drift scoring system?

Online scoring its fine by me:dopey:!

Yeah.

Drifting is about adapting to different corners, so adapting to the scoring system won't be too much of a stretch.

Well no, it means using N1 tyres for best results and doing really slow drifts, because the scoring system is about time spent at angle, not angle and speed like real drifting.

Well no, it means using N1 tyres for best results and doing really slow drifts, because the scoring system is about time spent at angle, not angle and speed like real drifting.

No, you are far better drifing at something you are comfortable with, but with that, I'd suggest to Mad that apart from tuning, tires should be kept at a constant.

I suggested the SL55, which, even with N3s, seems to be a pretty slow drifter. If we keep a constant tire, people won't be doing much more with tunes. I know all I do is adjust the steering, maybe fiddle with the gears and the camber. Not springs, dambers or toe, and I can drift fairly alright (I can hold a slide is what I'm saying).

Yeah, well there is really no other way to score it. Unless someone wants to sit down (un-biased) and watch 20 replays of people drifting and score each one of them, we will use the game scoring. :)

In other words, yes we're using the GT5:P game system to score it.

Then do what Nibbers says and keep tyres a constant N3 or something.

Yeah, most likely that's what i'll be doing. I'll test the combo and see what is best when I throw them in. 👍

Will we be allowed to hit walls in drift rounds?:lol: I imagine I won't be able to control things well.:lol:

I think TA is just in absolute bewilderment that he and I are tied after the first round. :lol:

MY opinion is N tires and a free tune! SL55 sucks:yuck:! Did you guys ever saw a car jumping in the corners like a canguru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back