Enthusia F.A.Q. - Everything You Need To Know

Discussion in 'Enthusia' started by Wolfe, Feb 25, 2006.

1. system1024

system1024

no tuning
    no assistant
    no flags
    Manual Transmission
    controller: keyboard

MXH likes this.
  2. Impreza99

Impreza99

Thank you for posting this F.A.Q.

Is there a way to tune cars in Time Attack/Free Race mode?

Wolfe likes this.
  3. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

In the menu just before starting the race, select "Grid", then select your car and go into "Settings". You can change the tuning level to whatever you want in the TA and FR modes. :cheers:

4. Impreza99

Impreza99

Cheers, indeed! Thank you kindly, Wolfe.

I've put together a setup to play Enthusia and Gran Turismo 3/4 in a way that is somewhat faithful to the original experience. I'm running the games on PS2 with a CRT, DFGT and wheelstand pro/bucket seat.

I have appreciated the comments thus far on the differences between Enthusia and GT. Konami's physics are impressive for the developer's first driving simulation. Starting with a Class C car and running a few easy laps at Tsukuba has felt, in my estimation, quite similar to taking it to the track in real life. Inputs must be calculated, especially as to prevent oversteer. There's little room for mashing the throttle. The rigid penalties for car contact make the racing experience more realistic in terms of mitigating reckless driving.

Overall, when I get in the mindset of "I am actually in this Integra Type-R at Tsukuba," the driving feels as realistic as I have experienced for a game of the PS2 era. This game was clearly designed with the driving enthusiast in mind, hence slightly less flare compared with Gran Turismo in terms of the game's menus, etc.

VXR, Wolfe and MXH like this.
  5. Sal_89

Sal_89

I haven't understand some things...
    1) About the weight reduction: the reduction of the weight is calculated about the car's weight? "Each level represents around a third of the total available weight reduction for that car". This means that if a car weights 1000kg the reduction is about 333kg divided by each level? So 111kg per level?
    2) About the power: what are the percentage for each type of engine? Is 1,2 and so on the percentage?

I really need to understand very well how to calculate them, mostly the weight reduction thing

6. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

@Sal_89 -- Both of those things are sourced from the BradyGames strategy guide for the game, along with several other details in this FAQ. The guide includes a list of every car in the game and their weight reduction values, the priority order for engine power increases, and more. :)

I believe the maximum weight reduction values were chosen arbitrarily. Like I said in the FAQ, heavier cars shed more weight than lighter cars; the guide gives the examples of the Toyota Land Cruiser, which loses up to 12.8% of its weight (2550kg to 2223kg), and the Caterham 7 R500, which loses up to 6.0% of its weight (460kg to 432kg). Along the way, a car sheds around a third of its available weight reduction for each upgrade.

For example, the Toyota Vitz RS Turbo, which weighs 1000kg, gets the following upgrades:
    Level 1: 1000kg
    Level 2+: 977kg (-23kg, 29.9% of 77kg)
    Level 5+: 954kg (-46kg, 59.7% of 77kg)
    Level 8+: 923kg (-77kg)

As for the engine power upgrades, the guide does not go into any more detail. As I touched on in the FAQ, I think the only way to approximate the horsepower values would be by calculating an upgraded car's drag-limited top speed against its real world drag coefficient, after confirming the accuracy of the drag coefficient when the car is unmodified.

:cheers:

Sal_89 likes this.
  7. Sal_89

Sal_89

The BradyGames strategy guide... I NEED THAT!!! (I never found it, but Amazon have everything lol) And excuse me, also if you have explained better the weight thing, I haven't understand again... I understand only that a level of weight reduction is a third of the total weight reduction avaible. In the guide is there the calculation critery?

Wolfe likes this.
  8. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

If there's a specific calculation for the maximum weight reduction for a car, the guide doesn't share it. The Caterham and Land Cruiser are nearly at opposite ends of the list, so the remainder of the car list is on a gradient from ~6% to ~12% maximum weight reduction.

Sal_89 likes this.
  9. Sal_89

Sal_89

Ok, then the reduction is between ~6% and ~12% and this percentage vary between cars, where a light car will have a low reduction like 8% and a heavy car like 11%, right?
    This time hope that I've understand haha:cheers:

10. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Correct. The strategy guide, which was something I was sure you'd be interested in anyway, has the specifics for each car. :)

Sal_89 likes this.
  11. Sal_89

Sal_89

Cool, I hope to buy the guide ASAP, but I'm from Italy, then I'm scaried if actually them will send that at the correct address or they will lose in the trip... I saw that is disponible only in United States. I never bought things online outside Italy.

12. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Perhaps this Amazon Italy link will help? It appears to be fairly pricey in that case, I will admit.

13. Sal_89

Sal_89

Yeah, it can, but also if is Amazon Italy the book is from USA anyway... However a day I will try to buy it with that link, also if costs about the double than the USA market. Thanks to give me the link

14. DragonBoie

DragonBoie

Hey, I'd like to know what is the percentage needed to unlock A class cars in Driving Revolution.

15. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

It's 80%. :)

16. DragonBoie

DragonBoie

Alright, thanks. :cheers:

Wolfe likes this.
  17. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

Just saw some activity in here from the main forum and it reminded me I had a question concerning this game.

Is it possible that this game is one of the few PS2 games that actually doesn't work without the DS2's pressure sensitive buttons? I tried to play it a few weeks ago for old times sake with a PS1 controller (my old DS2 is borked), and I couldn't get the cars to do anything. I can navigate the menus fine, but the car just sits there doing nothing no matter which button or joystick I press. :confused:

I can't find anything online that suggests this is the case, but then again this game is fairly old and it sadly wasn't that popular, so information is quite scarce.

18. Elusion428

Elusion428

Thank you for the time you've put into this. Didn't really know that maybe there was a chance this game could have a future. Still actively searching for that arcade, hopefully I'll get my hands on it soon. ^^

Wolfe likes this.