Enthusia hands on impressions

• Thread starter Adam West
  • 63 comments
These people you're refering to might think Enthusia is arcady because of the lack of bumps on the road. This is an area where GT4 has mastered in. The roads in Enthusia appear to be freshly laid, with a uniform "expression" when driven over.

(of course this opinion is subject to change upon NTSC release)

shima

I think you mean US release as Japan is also NTSC. Don't count on any significant changes to the US version as it was completed months ago and is in a holding position to avoid all the GT4 smoke.

shima
These people you're refering to might think Enthusia is arcady because of the lack of bumps on the road. This is an area where GT4 has mastered in. The roads in Enthusia appear to be freshly laid, with a uniform "expression" when driven over.

Actually, Tsukuba has even more bumps than the GT4 version, it's the nurburgring version that is lacking some important bumps compared to the GT4 version, PD went all out in getting that track right, and judging from the videos (of real life time attacks) i've seen, the GT4 version is defenetly the best of the two in nurburgring, but the Tsukuba version is missing some minor bumps, but it's pretty much the same.
as far as the other tracks go, dragon range seems pretty uneven, i like it a lot, but i'm not a huge fan of the other closed circuits, the rally ones aren't fun at all, they should've made the rally ones like they did dragon range. (a "stage" instead of a closed course)
I wouldn't miss any of the rally tracks in either enthusia or GT4 (at least the gravel ones in GT4, i hate them, the tarmac ones are fine.)
Richard Burns Rally is the only sim that has proper rally stages, and they are awsome, specially because you can go off the track to gain more traction on some corners, just like the real life rally drivers do it, oh and they have tons of different ground types, some grippier than others.
So yeah, i think GT4 and Enthusia could do with out the "rally" tracks.

SaintKamus
Actually, Tsukuba has even more bumps than the GT4 version, it's the nurburgring version that is lacking some important bumps compared to the GT4 version, PD went all out in getting that track right, and judging from the videos (of real life time attacks) i've seen, the GT4 version is defenetly the best of the two in nurburgring, but the Tsukuba version is missing some minor bumps, but it's pretty much the same.
as far as the other tracks go, dragon range seems pretty uneven, i like it a lot, but i'm not a huge fan of the other closed circuits, the rally ones aren't fun at all, they should've made the rally ones like they did dragon range. (a "stage" instead of a closed course)
I wouldn't miss any of the rally tracks in either enthusia or GT4 (at least the gravel ones in GT4, i hate them, the tarmac ones are fine.)
Richard Burns Rally is the only sim that has proper rally stages, and they are awsome, specially because you can go off the track to gain more traction on some corners, just like the real life rally drivers do it, oh and they have tons of different ground types, some grippier than others.
So yeah, i think GT4 and Enthusia could do with out the "rally" tracks.

CMR 2005 is also good for a larf because of the rallying being...actual rallying.

the physics are goofy as hell, but definitely playable.

Back