Ephemeral Phyre: A Lord Nicon Gallery - Midnight Sessions: E-Type UPDATE 7/31/10!

• Thread starter Lord Nicon
  • 94 comments
That Toyota looks great! I wonder if the brakes work on it...:sly:

Thanks everyone for voting for my shot in the last 2.0 tournament! There were some pretty good entries.

Franz: I dont know if i would have even noticed the tourney if you didnt bring it to my attention. Danke!

That Toyota looks great! I wonder if the brakes work on it...:sly:

lol thanks man. And i certainly hope so or some lucky guardrail is having a toyota and 2man sandwich

So i decided to post my other potential entries for the last 2.0 tournament now that its over. Some are a little rough since i didnt spend as much time on them. I left in a few variations just to show where my head was while i was working on them.

Drivers

And a cropped version

The third Super Seven pic gets my vote. Good composition, good DOF, good shutter speed and the model could pass for real, especially at thumbnail sizes.

You meant 2.0 competition not tournament, right?
I like the rear shot (4th) of the drifting Caterham. 6th is interesting too, because the car has been desatuated, but the wall has been satuated.

The third Super Seven pic gets my vote. Good composition, good DOF, good shutter speed and the model could pass for real, especially at thumbnail sizes.
Heh thanks a lot man. I liked this one a lot too. I really like the two before it but they didnt have the same depth of field but unlike the 3rd, they show more driver action. Then again i really like the way the driver leans into the turn in the 3rd caterham shot.

really cool photos 👍

You meant 2.0 competition not tournament, right?
I like the rear shot (4th) of the drifting Caterham. 6th is interesting too, because the car has been desatuated, but the wall has been satuated.
lol i did mean competition. I guess both were on the brain (some really good work in it so far too (the tournament)). Thanks! Yeah, the 6th one i was really just playing around at first. I like to go for half saturated images sometimes but I think i flubbed and left the bg with a little color. Thought it looked interesting and brought out those colors a little more.

Just and OLD shot that I did briefly today might work on it a little more later. I think im going to go back into the vault and post a few old shots soon:idea:.

Last edited:
Here's another old shot redone. Just did a lot of touch-up's on a few little details. There seems to be a good few of these old little gems. Pretty fun stuff to go back nearly 5 years to see what you were doing and how much you've changed. Might tone down the highlights on the door gaps a little. Not perfect but heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Just and OLD shot that I did briefly today might work on it a little more later. I think im going to go back into the vault and post a few old shots soon:idea:.

*Picture*​

This one looks good. Cleaning up the car is a good idea, but you may also want to blur the background, because it looks a bit weird having the car in motion, whereas the background shows no motion at all. ;)

New update in line with the latest unedited competition
A 7 In Paris
Click on each panel to see different versions
*Pictures*​

Nice presentation. I like all three versions, but if I had to choose I'd go for the first one (left), because of the warm colours and nice contrast (It is given in the other two pictures aswell, but it's more present in the first one). 👍

New update in line with the latest unedited competition
A 7 In Paris
Click on each panel to see different versions

Great picture man, good sense of motion and it's also really nice that the picture has three different colours in each position, left, middle and right. those three colours are working as if they depict three diverse worlds/things of France in constituting one whole picture. Thus it's like the front cover of GT2,(It had a few different colors if I my memory serves me correctly) Excellent job :)

This one looks good. Cleaning up the car is a good idea, but you may also want to blur the background, because it looks a bit weird having the car in motion, whereas the background shows no motion at all. ;)
Thanks. This one was a pretty quick/rough edit of an old picture i really liked. Believe it or not but the background (railing/track) is actually blurred slightly. I didnt want to make it like the car was going into hyper space but i can see how a little more would help. Ive already finished the re finish of it but it just needs a few final touches.

Nice presentation. I like all three versions, but if I had to choose I'd go for the first one (left), because of the warm colours and nice contrast (It is given in the other two pictures aswell, but it's more present in the first one). 👍

Nice. I wanted to try something a little different. Step it up a little.

Great picture man, good sense of motion and it's also really nice that the picture has three different colours in each position, left, middle and right. those three colours are working as if they depict three diverse worlds/things of France in constituting one whole picture. Thus it's like the front cover of GT2,(It had a few different colors if I my memory serves me correctly) Excellent job :)

Heh, thanks YB! So you like the composite picture more than the individuals (if you click on each you get to see each of the three versions)? I actually forgot about a cool tone version. That would be perfect since i already have the red and "white" panel. I could definitely make one where the last panel is blue to represent the flag as well. Brilliant idea.

Merci

That "7 in Paris" pic is real nice. I like the motion and the 3-in-one picture.

Since I like to play around with different versions a lot (as you can see from some of my earlier pieces) it just made sense to compile 3 versions into one presentation to make things a little cleaner.

I do think perhaps that I should have made the separation of the 3 a little clearer but i too sort of liked the composite look with them all together for the most part.

Thanks!

Holy crap, these are awesome pics. 👍

Heh, thanks YB! So you like the composite picture more than the individuals (if you click on each you get to see each of the three versions)? I actually forgot about a cool tone version. That would be perfect since i already have the red and "white" panel. I could definitely make one where the last panel is blue to represent the flag as well. Brilliant idea.

Merci

Yeah, I like the composite version of the picture that has three different colors better than just an individual picture composed of only one. It can make a peculiar mood like the individual doesn't have.

And, as always, nice work with your 2 pictures of the 2000 GT you updated after my last post I made in this thread. 👍

Holy crap, these are awesome pics. 👍

lol thanks man. Its always nice when someone likes your work lol. Ill try to make sure i don't let you down 👍

Yeah, I like the composite version of the picture that has three different colors better than just an individual picture composed of only one. It can make a peculiar mood like the individual doesn't have.

And, as always, nice work with your 2 pictures of the 2000 GT you updated after my last post I made in this thread. 👍

It does doesnt it?

And as always, thank you!

Believe it or not i JUST won the 240 wagon :dunce:. I decided to mod her up and take her for a spin and got a little creative along the way.

Wagon Rock 80's Style

SVX
AWESOME! Great blur.

You think so? Thanks!

You know, I know it's photomode and all, but GT4 still had some pretty awesome vehicle models. :P great pic Mr. Nicon

Oh yeah. 4 has some great models. This picture didnt require me to do too much of anything as far as hard editing and cleaning. The wagon was done right!

Thank you very much Mr. Shouden!

This is awesome shot man! Great done 👍

Thanks Snej. You like the lighter version more than the more edited version? The light edit is just nice and bright.

That is what most people refer to as art. 👍

Speed my friend, Thank You! I'm glad to know some hard work does not go un rewarded lol. I like that one a lot too. What started off as practice in curved blur turned into a complete project lol. This is the power of GT4/Photomode/GTPlanet.

Back