EPL Fantasy Football 2013/14

I found room for RVP, I know he is expensive but you will get you moneys worth and ive got four United players in mine (I think!) despite the tough start...

Still keep changing my team, I won't ever be happy with it. :lol:
As a Man Utd fan it hurts not to have a single Man U player in my team but with the tough start and RVP being so dear I know it makes sense to spread the money around.

Couldn't you look at others' teams before the season last year, I know you could during the season, I hope you still can because it was useful for stealing an idea or two. :sly:

3vi9rn.jpg

I don't think you could see each other's teams before the start of the season last year, as you could only see other teams after the Gameweek had already started... I know that in the old Guardian fantasy football league you could see each other's teams before the start of the season, though.

I found room for RVP, I know he is expensive but you will get you moneys worth and ive got four United players in mine (I think!) despite the tough start...

I had him in but wasn't happy with some other players and had no money left, so then I swapped some players around and he had to go. Might go back on it though as I've no idea on which striker Chelsea will actually go with for their games. Remember both them and Villa play two games in the first game week because Chelsea are in the UEFA Super cup.

I found space for RVP without compromising too much, I don't think. The uncertain Chelsea line up is quite irritating, no sure spots in the squad for this Gameweek.

Found a way to get RVP back. :D I wonder if my team will still be the same tomorrow, probably not. :lol:

Does anyone else never feel happy with their team? :dopey:

I like my forwards and midfielders, but I just can't sort out the defense, not too sure on Kompany either...

I usually use up my first wildcard in the first few weeks :lol: But I think I'm fairly happy with my team, I've been changing it around a bit and seemed to have found something I like.

Took a few gambles on some of the new guys joining the Premiership after hearing good things, hopefully they don't let me down! I would like to better my 11/12 season 👍

IMPORTANT

I have removed all non-verified players from the Head to Head league, and will limit the league to 20 teams. There are currently 17 verifired GTPlanet members in the H-2-H league (20 in the Classic league), and so if you want to be in the H-2-H league but have not yet registered, you have exactly 2 hours to join before the league is closed to new entries.... Please post your team name in this thread to verify your entry.​

I missed the start of the head to head league :( I had it in my head that the season started next weekend and so I didn't check here for a new league. I haven't been following the football news over the summer you see, with it not being a World cup or European cup year.

I had built a team, but I intended to change it before the season start. I've joined the regular league for now though, I hope it still counts my week 1 points.

I think week 1 has proven something I had forgotten, that is to never trust Arsenal to get the job done. Even at home :lol:

DC Milan and Teeside Tigers verified :cheers:

Better luck next time, Touring Mars. :sly:

:( Disastrous opening weekend for me, despite all three of my strikers scoring goals... neither of my Chelsea players (including my captain) played, but I bet Mata plays in the next game, thus robbing my Vice Captain (who scored a goal) from doubling his score. I need to rethink my team a bit, as I'm bottom of my other two leagues already :(

Still have loads of teams who need to verify, 23 verified and 31 non-verified teams as of today. I know that many of the unverified teams are connected to each other, and I reckon it is very unlikely that they are genuine GTP member accounts, so expect to see the league shrink in size at the end of Gameweek 3.

I had a feeling Mata wouldn't play so he was dropped for Lampard to get RVP back, looks a good move so far but it's only the first week and even that has not finished yet, expect some changes for midweek from Chelsea.

My team was also picked with the first week in mind, since I don't usually get a good start, that said I don't think it's too bad long term either.

I didn't do too bad. RVP and Whittaker were my star players. I have 3 City players who play tonight so that should haul me some points. I've had to play my wildcard already, one player is injured and another has had his loan spell ended.

TM,Just Found out about this,Entering as Mind The Gap :D

if there is any issue PM me

👍 I'll add you to the list of verified players. Your team will probably not appear in the league standings until Gameweek 2 begins, but your score from Gameweek 1 will count.

Right lads, I need some advice here.

Kompany and Collins or Mertesacker and Jagielka?

EDIT: Oops never mind. Kompany walks off injured.

Last edited:
Right lads, I need some advice here.

Kompany and Collins or Mertesacker and Jagielka?

I'd have Kompany and Collins but Kompany isn't really worth it I don't think so that's why I don't have him, Collins is only a back up player for me too. I wouldn't go with an Arsenal defender right now and Everton defenders are a risk too with Martinez now in charge.

You should spend some time finding some players you think would be good though, everyone can't have the same team or there would be no point in fantasy football. ;)

Can you enter more than one league without setting up a new account? I've entered one at work and want to join this one too.

Sweet, team name is Giggity giggity goo (I didn't know what to name it and was watching family guy at the time :lol:)

Couldn't Lampard have converted the damn penalty,Torres would have gotten an assist. :grumpy:

and BFG got me a 1,would have bet my house we would keep a clean sheet with him and Kozzer against Villa.

It's quite nice here, in last place... :D My team selection was a bit rushed, so hopefully I can start to gain places through careful management. My goalkeeper selection was spot on though, so I can take something good out of it.

EDIT: I just realised that my captain by default (Andy Carroll) was injured and didn't play. My vice captain (Also default selection by the game) is Mignolet, the highest scoring player in the gameweek so far XD Guess I won't finish the gameweek in last place then.

Seismica, I had a similar stroke of luck when Snodgrass didn't play, so I'm assuming Whittaker will be autosubbed on at the end of this Gameweek and I'll get the points he got... I think. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back