Escalade

Once upon a time, before the Humane Society got word of it, a local restaurant chain called Armadillo Willy's held armadillo races every weekend.

Racing SUVs is about as stupid as that, but not half as humorous.

CMcMahon
Once upon a time, before the Humane Society got word of it, a local restaurant chain called Armadillo Willy's held armadillo races every weekend.

Racing SUVs is about as stupid as that, but not half as humorous.

LMAO. GOLD

356C
I stated quite clearly that all the vehicles that I listed have a natural tendancy to flip over. Why you may ask? BECAUSE OF THE HIGHER CENTER OF GRAVITY. Last time I checked, EVERY SINGLE RACE CAR was designed to have THE LOWEST CENTER OF GRAVITY IT POSSIBLY CAN ACHIEVE. SUVs are not intended for ANY kind of performance driving. They are quite proficient at towing trailers, and picking up groceries at the local super market. They are also a favorite of many housewives. Forget about the fact that they are wastes of space and fuel.

Gran Turismo was created to allow people the opportunity to drive PERFORMANCE ORIENTED VEHICLES. Not rebadged Chevy Tahoes that you pay an extra $20K for.
The whole idea is idiotic. I hope this answers your question.

EDIT: If you drive your SUV or full size truck like a Ferrari, you are most definately an idiot!

THAT'S EXACTLY THE SAME IDEA I GOT ABOUT SUV's, but when a guy asked me why they shouldn't be in the game, I just couldn't explain...omg, should I put this in my sig?:crazy::lol: That would be a long sig...

You know, if you want a fast car with a lot of power, DO THAT, BUT DO IT GOOD, NOT WITH 4000 KG OF WEIGHT:crazy:
thats why I love the lotus elise, now THATS a sports car:tup:

Edit: and hummer....well it looks so stupid and dumb:tdown::yuck: Always reminds me of that dumb moron in CSI Miami.....:yuck: Just the way he talks can make you guess he has a hummer...👎 Oh yeah, it's just a programm:)

Alright... I've read so much idiotic talk about including SUVs in GT5 in this thread that I was basically FORCED to become a member and flame anyone stupid enough to think it's a good idea.

Besides ALL of the points from a racing standpoint as to why they should NOT be included in the game that have already been mentioned, I've got a few more.

It is the opinion of this poster that including SUVs in GT5 is most possibly the WORST IDEA EVER. This is due to many factors, a few of which include the fact that I was extremely aggravated at the amount of dumb, retarded, "Look at us we have SO MANY cars in the game" Concept/SUV cars in GT4. I never race them, I can't sell them for money, and I don't want to get rid of them because why would I?

"We can't sell this car, would you like to just throw it away with no monetary compensation what-so-ever?!"

Of course not. But now I'm stuck with some POS ugly Land Rover Concept SUV in my garage next to my racing MR2 and all of my LM cars. What the hell is that?

Hmm... Land Rover Concept SUV.... LM Race Car... Land Rover Concept SUV... LM Race Car... Decisions Decisions. I think I'll drive the POS concept car that weighs 8 billion metric tons and looks like it was **** out by a Land Rover executive.

Don't get me wrong, SUVs are great. I use my 1999 GMC Yukon all the time to tow stuff and move large objects. But it is in NO WAY a racing machine. Nor will it be with any amount of work or any amount of body work that somehow makes it work 20K more *cough ESCALADE cough* It is a Sport Utility Vehicle, and before any of you idiots vying for SUVs in GT5 say, "Yeah, a SPORT Utility Vehicle" let me remind you that they're talking about baseball, soccer, skiing, and other sports that don't involve needing the ability to corner/go fast/be a good race car.

And one last thing, to the moron who said that SUV's don't flip they "trip". What the hell are you smoking? That's like saying "I didn't fall down the stairs, I tripped down the stairs, you see, one is a result of me just being a ****ing moron and the other is a result of my center of gravity being too high and me throwing my body down the stairs"

I'm sorry to start off with such a negative note. I hope I haven't broken any forum rules. Please carry on.

OMG no.

We might as well just ask for F-16's too, so we can just bomb the competition with laser guided bombs, and win the race.

Thats the stupidest comparison I've ever heard. Right up there with cars vs armadillo's. Yeah thats really on the same level with racing big trucks. :dunce:

356C
I know Lawn tractors can be raced, that's why I mentioned it. My obvious point was that racing them is just as dumb as racing Escalades.

I disagree. Escalades go considerably faster than lawn tractors. :rolleyes:

I dont get why people dont want to race trucks. Aparently I'm not alone. in fact, several north american automobile manufacturers agree with me. Ever heard of the Dodge Ram SRT-10? The Ford F150 SVT lightning? The Chevy Silverado SS? Their are plenty of on road performance full size trucks. Whats the difference between an F150 and an Expedition? Oh thats right, The Expidition has better aerodynamics (unless your truck has a bed cover) and a better front to rear weight distobution! Whats the difference between an Expedition and an Excursion? The excusion is a bit longer and it has a bigger engine. Thats it. Whats the difference between an Excursion and an Escalade? nothing.

Yes I realise trucks suck at road racing compared to cars but if the big three see it fit to produce performance versions of there full size trucks and SUV's then whats the problem with with going just one step farther? Heck they race Semi tractors for crying out loud. Whats the problem with racing a little Escalade?

It's the same, closed minded aditude that spawned the anti "nascars in GT5" movement. It's ignorant.

inferno
Ever heard of the Dodge Ram SRT-10? The Ford F150 SVT lightning? The Chevy Silverado SS? Their are plenty of on road performance full size trucks.
Yes, actually, and I've driven 2/3 of them and can honestly say they are NOT race cars. They handle like slobs, and aren't even that fast in a straight line. They are built for a niche market of enthusiasts who are too lazy to buy a '75 Chevrolet and work to make it fast. They don't belong in a RACE CAR game. Now, the Toyota Tacome X-Runner can actually pull a .9 on the skidpad. That puts it in league with the Nissan 350Z. Can the Lightning or the SRT-10 say that? I think not. And what are the key differences between the Lightning/SRT-10 and the X-runner? Oh I'd say a few 1,000 Lbs and where their Center of Gravity is located.

Again, I love trucks, especialy the new Lightning concept. But they don't belong in a racing game. Period.

inferno
It's the same, closed minded aditude that spawned the anti "nascars in GT5" movement. It's ignorant.
If it's close-minded to think driving in a circle isn't as challening as driving a Formula car than count me in. Have you ever seen NASCAR drivers on a road course? It's HILARIOUS!

[FPV]Rusty
I think should should be spelt should and like should only be used in a context such as 'sound's like'. like okay like like? Your masterful grasp of the english language astounds me as much as your vision of what Gran Turismo is all about.

PIMP MY DTM RACER *****ES!!!

I think you should go away for a few years and go back to school.
You do realise that there is no such word as "spelt" right?
The word you were looking for would be "spelled".
C'mon people, we all learn this stuff in grade school.

spelt
v.
A past tense and a past participle of spell.

Getting back on topic, why would we want a monstrosity on the road, let alone in a game.

owned9dq.gif

wow, I can't believe they actually added that word in there. In college, most professors would automatically fail a thesis for using that word.
It's a sad day when words like that make it into an official dictionary. Dear god help me. The day the word funner makes it into the dictionary is the day all of you read in the newspaper about a man at times square burning himself at the stake.

"Spelled" is predominantly English. "Spelt" is predominantly US English. But not always.

And if you think you have to complain about "funner", how do you think the Brits feel every time they hear an American commentator refer to the "most winningest"?

inferno
Thats the stupidest comparison I've ever heard. Yeah thats really on the same level with racing big trucks. :dunce:

You people on message boards, and on the internet in general are so quick to flame someone without thinking. I said it because it's just as god damn stupid as racing SUV's. So you're saying the guy that compared racing SUV's to racing armadillos is a valid comparison? If my comparison was stupid, then his is by far the stupidest one ever. Mine involved machines, his involved a machine and a freaking ANIMAL. Jesus.

@ Famine ;)

You people on message boards, and on the internet in general are so quick to flame someone without thinking.

Ahem...

Thank you for that flaming wheelow. I will now proceed to make the appropiate corrections. yes the armadillo one was stupid too, but your post had such an impact on me I had to stop reading and reply right away before I had a chance to read that post. :crazy:

:dopey: Actually, come to think of it, Racing Escalades and Navigators would be the best way to get urban communities interested in racing. You could have them driven by all the rap artists, complete with there 22 inch rims, and all the "bling bling". That way if they have any serious accidents, it won't be any real loss to society.

356C
:dopey: Actually, come to think of it, Racing Escalades and Navigators would be the best way to get urban communities interested in racing. You could have them driven by all the rap artists, complete with there 22 inch rims, and all the "bling bling". That way if they have any serious accidents, it won't be any real loss to society.
Second time I laughed here in the GT5 forum. First was reading the horse topic. :crazy: I wonder what the guys at PD are saying when they see this? :sly:

Did you guys try to read entire post instead of jumping to the word escalade?! I'm pretty sure the original author of the post meant that there should be escalator; their english must be not so great since escalade translates roughly into "climb".

Anyway if you read the post his idea is that gt5 should have an explorable garage with an escalator... not a game with cadillac escalades.

Sniper596
Did you guys try to read entire post instead of jumping to the word escalade?! I'm pretty sure the original author of the post meant that there should be escalator; their english must be not so great since escalade translates roughly into "climb".

Anyway if you read the post his idea is that gt5 should have an explorable garage with an escalator... not a game with cadillac escalades.

You know, you might be on to something there. What you said makes sense after reading the original post again.

Sniper596

I doubt he meant that. And I did read the whole thread. :dunce:

Sniper596

:dunce: I think you're right. lmao.

inferno
Yes I realise trucks suck at road racing compared to cars but if the big three see it fit to produce performance versions of there full size trucks and SUV's then whats the problem with with going just one step farther? Heck they race Semi tractors for crying out loud. Whats the problem with racing a little Escalade?

Well, it's because most of the people may want more SUV's but come on, don't tell me you don't want more racing like cars in the game, come on, whats that Auston Martin race car called, the green one? DBR9? IT LOOKS SSSSOOOOO GOOD!!! I think if you would compare how much people rather want to have the race version of the DB9 than an........Escalade.......sure it can be in it, but it should replace ALREADY LEGENDARY cars like the DB9 race version.....

So eventually, the more cars, the better, but if the SUV's take up room for the amazing race cars you REALLY enjoy to race..........:scared: I would say>>👎

Edit: Well anyway I think I was too agressive just a minute ago, I stopped reading and immediatly hit the reply button, so I have to say, I DON'T MEAN TO FLAME YOU INFERNO!:) I hope it's still ok if you read ^^That first^^. It was meant more for a smart discussion rather than flaming you buddy:tup:
So just forget it......I think I'm heating the discussion up again now anyway, sorry....:guilty:

SUVs sucked even in NFS:U2, imagine how bad they would be in a game with semi-realistic physics? Though I guess if PD doesn't add roll-overs to GT5, you'd be pretty safe. If they're gona add any kind of "SUV" I wouldn't mind seeing some Jeep Wranglers tossed in , they'd make for fun rally vehicles. :D Heck, I wouldn't mind SUVs in general as long as they were some actually built for racing of some sort. Escalades are nothing but rice, they're not performance vehicles. You'd be better served taking a Honda Civic offroad than you would a Cadillac Escalade. :crazy:

DeadlyFred
SUVs sucked even in NFS:U2, imagine how bad they would be in a game with semi-realistic physics? Though I guess if PD doesn't add roll-overs to GT5, you'd be pretty safe. If they're gona add any kind of "SUV" I wouldn't mind seeing some Jeep Wranglers tossed in , they'd make for fun rally vehicles. :D Heck, I wouldn't mind SUVs in general as long as they were some actually built for racing of some sort. Escalades are nothing but rice, they're not performance vehicles. You'd be better served taking a Honda Civic offroad than you would a Cadillac Escalade. :crazy:
Imagine the Cherokee from the 70's. Now that'll be something. OR even a Land Cruiser?

G-T-4-fan, you just made posibly the only good argument against me. I must say I agree with you. I'd rather have the DBR9 than an Escalade. And the same goes for alot of other cars too. Most comments against the notion of Escalades in GT were akin to things like "NO because it SUCKS" But you make a valid point. I dont think there is anyting wrong with an Escalade in GT but not at the expense of...Oh say, a Diablo VT 6.0 👍

Back