Eu Gt5p Download

well 1.20 AM here in the UK on the 28th of march.......No update of the PSN store and no GT5p.........Someone at Sony round about now is just having his head mounted on a plaque for the chairmans wall I think. How many frustrated PS3 owners? how many sales have the PSN store just lost to games retailers? How much confidence will PS3 owners now have in the PSN store to get major titles out on time without any problems? We all make mistakes I know and some things happen which are unforceable. But on a scale of tripping over the cat and dropping a tray of eggs on the floor, and triping over the same cat and droping the eggs on it thus sending it too an eggy grave this ranks up there with the great egg on face (and cat) moments......I'ts late I'm waffleing LOL

Just woke up went to check uk store @7am...guess what? still no update:grumpy: What a disaster:dopey:
Im glad i made my mind up earlier to get the blu ray, will get it in around an hour
i wouldnt want to be downloading it today, thanks sony from all the euros:indiff:

Can anyone confirm that this game has actually been released today in the stores? With the absense of it in the PSN store, and the dumbfounded zombified manner of local early morning retailers (Tesco), I'm wondering if this game is actually out in Europe (UK for me specifically). Can anyone testify to actually buying this in a store, or seeing it today?

No doubt there will be some problem or other, but considering the high profile of this PSN store release theyd have cover everything before hand. GT5p on the store would have been a bigger seller than warhawk was (and that was big) future development of software for the store might be harmd over this. I'll explain. The price of the BR and store version was the same, so obviously the store version would have neted PD more money (take packaging, retailers and distribution into account) there was obviously a level of expense and time involved to stick it on dual formats as well now any future games being released like this will have it's developers looking at whats happend with GT5p and considering if it's still worth doing. Should be interesting to see what generic excuse Sony come up with, my moneys on a bolivian drug cartel holding the IT staff hostage during a freak police raid which saw the cartel being chased into the PSN store.........Ok I've been reading to much GTA4 hype LOL

Whatever the problem don`t you think they should inform us? anyhow I have another version why it is deleyed, maybe they are implimenting updated version already, so you buy and download latest version and there is no need to download any updates, thats what I am waiting for, I really don`t want to drive to the shop, get the blu-ray version and later not been able to download update (until now I can not download any update for my JP version)

Maybe it's related to the PSN wallet hack (http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item98438/Notice-to-PLAYSTATION®Network-Users/)
, they probably have to make sure that the people who have money in their wallet really paid for that.... not sure though... Anywyay they should have made a statement. I'm in the caribbean, it's 5 am... I think I'll find a DVD in my local store later today.

I don't think this is true.. The US store got updated on Thursday as Normal!

This is all very odd.. The PSN store gets updated EVERY Thursday withhout fail.. It always has.. On top of this, the offical documented PSN release date for GT5P was 'Thrusday'...

The fact that this is the FIRST week where the PSN store has not been updated on a Thursday is ominous and somewhat disappointing...

I really hope that we see it today (And not too late either) as I want to play it today and I don't think thats unreasonable!

jon

Can anyone confirm that this game has actually been released today in the stores? With the absense of it in the PSN store, and the dumbfounded zombified manner of local early morning retailers (Tesco), I'm wondering if this game is actually out in Europe (UK for me specifically). Can anyone testify to actually buying this in a store, or seeing it today?

I read on french forums people who bought it on wednesday (not the bundle, the single DVD), I know a guy who received his preorder by mail on wednesday and he lives in Finland. So maybe UK had a specific release date because the release date had always been the 26th for France. But then again I did not see anything with my eyes. I live on a french island but it's right next to America and we always get things late.
Anyway... I don't think there will be problems with the DVD.

I read on french forums people who bought it on wednesday (not the bundle, the single DVD), I know a guy who received his preorder by mail on wednesday and he lives in Finland. So maybe UK had a specific release date because the release date had always been the 26th for France. But then again I did not see anything with my eyes. I live on a french island but it's right next to America and we always get things late.
Anyway... I don't think there will be problems with the DVD.

According to all sources I saw, it was scheduled for release on the 28th of March in the UK; what I couldn't work out is how the shops I tried seemed to have little knowledge of what is likely to be one of the biggest releases of the year. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but when I saw it wasn't available for DL in the PSN store, it got me wondering.

I have a reciept for my BD version that I paid in full last week. I just gotta go to Xtravision and pick it up once there isnt a moron behind the counter which is highly likely here. Most of the people at Xtravision here in this town are as thick as a hedge.

OK so I am seriously annoyed and the almost cowardly way that SCEE have dealt with this. They surely knew at 3 o clock yesterday that it wasn't gonna happen, they should have told all the people in the customer service centre that it wasn't gonna happen so they could have told us.

I felt so stiched up last nite that I had to see what it was like so downloaded my copy from Hong Kong store, was well worth it, but am now on my way to picking up a BD Version from Game. They have 'overstocks'.

Peace to all of you frustrated downloaders out there.

I could easily go out any buy the BD version.. But the point is, I don't want to.. I have always said that I want the PSN version and am willing to pay the £7 premium to have it on my Hard-Drive.

What I don't apprecaite is the uncertaintly.. If I have to wait, then I have no problem... But since they said the 27th and the PSN store is always updated on a Thursday, you would think that it would have come out.

I feel that I wasted an evening last night.. I stayed in as I hoped to be playin it by the end of the night, but in the end, had to keep watching forums and checking the store, waiting for it to arrive.

My problem now is how long do I wait.. Since there has never been a PSN store update on a Friday.. Its possible (but I hope unlikely) that this might get postponed until next week...

I just wish Sony would make an official statement!

Jon

Dude I cant get hold of a BD version in this town. I may have to go to Cork city to get a copy.

Just picked up mine from Douglas Court shopping center
Gamestop has loads of copies!

Tried to play first asked me for an installation which took 10 minutes now it tries to update the game but says failed after 8/9 % .

My internet seems fine anyone has an idea what can go wrong here?

Im in a small town in county waterford called Dungarvan. We have no big named games shops. Theres no Game Stop or Game here unfortunately and I dont have the credit in my phone to call waterford or Cork to see if they have it. I just hope it will be in PSN store some time today.

They make mention that they might have been waiting to stick GT5p up for DL along with the new GTA trailer, but it is noteable that the US has managed to get the GTA trailer on their store; presumeably in yesterday's update; but as we know, the EU store has nothing new.

Im in a small town in county waterford called Dungarvan. We have no big named games shops. Theres no Game Stop or Game here unfortunately and I dont have the credit in my phone to call waterford or Cork to see if they have it. I just hope it will be in PSN store some time today.

I'm sure you'll find a copy in Waterford, I'm going into town this evening to pick up my copy and my town is nowhere near as big as Waterford so I'm almost 100% sure you'll find a copy there.

Your welcome. I hope it helps shed some light on what they are playing at.

A public apology or give an explanation is the least they should do.

Just after seeing this on the PS forums:

Hi all,

We'd like to apologise for the lack of a PS Store refresh yesterday. Unfortunately we experienced some last minute technical difficulties and were unable to publish the new content as planned. We are working hard to resolve these issues and content will be refreshed as soon as possible.

Lestrade
That was from some coordinator, so it is probably true.
Edit: (how do you get the proper quote box?)

I'm sure you'll find a copy in Waterford, I'm going into town this evening to pick up my copy and my town is nowhere near as big as Waterford so I'm almost 100% sure you'll find a copy there.

Just checked my funds and I dont have enough money to go anywhere. I am after spending 80 euro on this game in the past week. So I am hoping Xtravision whill have it soon

Back