Euro 2008 non-qualification thread...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daan, from the bottom of my heart, I am really sorry Italia won today... Scotland should've won by at least 2 goals, cause they played with heart and spirit, whereas Italia kinda were hanging in there... just waiting fro the scots to attack...

I am really hating my country's play style and we definitely should not be where we are right now. But sadly, that's football.

Its just a wee bit annoying to go out that way, although it is just typical Scotland. Glorious in defeat.

It was still our best qualifying performance ever in terms of the way we played. We played some really good football, and managed to beat France twice, which was nice.

Aye, you can definitely be proud of your boys for that much. Certainly proved a lot of people wrong.

Israel appear to have done England that much needed favor, beating Russia 2-1 with a 92nd minute goal. Macedonia also holding Croatia 0-0 at half time

We defiitely need to play positive football and atatck, if we sit back and play the containment game we will probably lose, especially with Robinson in goal.

Wonder if Macca may give Carson another shot in goal. Macedonia lead Croatia 2-0, so now not only do we have a chance of qualifying, but a 2 goal win would actually win us the group

I'd play Carson, he'll play Robinson though, despite him being not good enough. No Owen or Rooney, Crouch with Cole behind? Or Crouch and Defoe?

According to the news it looks like it might be Crouch and Bent.

What is it with England strikers named after different bodily postures? ;)

Can we get Stoop, Stretch, Sit, Squat & Stand in the squad too?
That'd make for some pretty interesting commentary! :lol:

Just a couple of hours till kick off. 4-5-1 tonight, Carson in for Flappo and Becks is replaced by SWP. Not going to be easy, infact I'm backing a draw.

Finland V Portugal is another itneresting one, a win for Finland could secure their place in the finals.

What is it with England strikers named after different bodily postures? ;)

Can we get Stoop, Stretch, Sit, Squat & Stand in the squad too?
That'd make for some pretty interesting commentary! :lol:

:lol:

It'd be like a multi-million pound version of "One Finger One Thumb Keep Moving".

Ok so I'm a Liverpool fan but when Jermaine pennant is on form there's no way he doesn't deserve an England place

D'oh!

You're still through at the minute though, until Russia score against Andorra. If[/] Russia score against Andorra...

I decided I wasnt going to watch the England game cause I figured, heck we'll screw up... just started listening to commentary online and been told the scoreline.... no surprise to me.

Lescott is not england quality, never in a million years. No passion, no drive, nothing. Its a shambles atm. Something is needed to get these players playing. The free kicks are shocking. To not beat the first defender from a set piece is criminal.

We look like we have qualified already.

:nervous:

We'll play you this summer. We're not doing anything either.

When you get a second chance and fail to take it, there's no dodging it...we didn't deserve to qualify. The whole team were poor...Beckham and Bent made a difference but not enough, it should never have been a 4-5-1 with Crouch and I really do hope whoever we get in next (please be Jose) knows not to play that system with Crouch up front. Guess a big question is... "What if Owen hadn't been injured?" says it all...

Wonder when the last time it was where not a single home nation failed to qualify... England, Scotland, Wales, Rep & Northern Ireland all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back