European GT3 Championship ClosedFinished 

• Thread starter SlotDave96
  • 117 comments
Hey guys... I'm not sure what the state of play is with this series atm, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the thread itself for some reason...

I've been thinking about withdrawing until there's more interest. I'll have one more race and decide after that, because I've been invited to along to another series which also runs on Tuesdays, just a lot later, and I don't mind taking part in the Euro GT3 if it's fun and there are people to race, but it hardly seems worthwhile if only two people show up for a race, like what happened last week.

See you at Sarthe.

Hey guys... I'm not sure what the state of play is with this series atm, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the thread itself for some reason...

I've been thinking about withdrawing until there's more interest. I'll have one more race and decide after that, because I've been invited to along to another series which also runs on Tuesdays, just a lot later, and I don't mind taking part in the Euro GT3 if it's fun and there are people to race, but it hardly seems worthwhile if only two people show up for a race, like what happened last week.

See you at Sarthe.

I understand what you mean, since people have been leaving there has been a lot less talk and it has lost momentum.

OK shall we get the entry list for Tuesdays race?
post if you will be attending.

Entry list:
Slotdave96/sspeedyhedgehog

And to get the discussion rolling, what times are people setting at Le mans?

Entry list:
aboe/aboe_83

Can't remember my practise times. Probably close to 4 minutes, though.

Entry list:
aboe/aboe_83

Can't remember my practise times. Probably close to 4 minutes, though.

ok cheers, let's hope for more people notice and sign up otherwise won't set up room (only just found a way to squeeze the race in)

Hello, I just have a question about tunning, I would like to run the the Audi R8 Team Oreca is tunning allowed or prohibited? thank you.

Just get to the regs. You will need an oil change to get there. All tuning is allowed as long as you match the regs, Power must be stock though but use PL to get the HP figures and remember it's Racing Hard.

Entry list:
aboe/aboe_83

Ninners/Nin-Chin(if I can get up to it, since memto withdrew I slowly lost interest as he is very fast and good to race).

Thank you, Ninners. I just wanted to make sure tuning was allowed & ill be ok with all other regs. I
'm interested because you run grip reduction : Real amongst other settings. I also see you are losing racers, its ok, I used to run a series & sometimes it seems when you have it too realistic ppl cant hang. Anyways, I'd like to run with you guys weather it be series or private. I also have a good group of racers but I host public lobbys only, im about etiquette & respectful driving so no worries there. Also, what race is next? im sorry I did not see dates 4 races. Add me on PSN : gurizzi

thanks again.

Cool good we have 2 more drivers :)
The pain in the ass thing is, I am going on shift and just got the shift pattern (2days,2nights,4off) so will be unable to run the championship after this event :(

I'm really liking the things so far and i wonder if i can do part time and possible full time? Since i'm not sure if i can commit in all of the races. :D

I'm really liking the things so far and i wonder if i can do part time and possible full time? Since i'm not sure if i can commit in all of the races. :D

If you read my previous post, "I am going on shift and just got the shift pattern (2days,2nights,4off) so will be unable to run the championship after this event".

I knew it was gonna happen sometime, but got the official word about it.

Well this was a good attempt @ running a series & sorry it didn't grow like it should have, maybe next time. So tonight is last race? if so, can you tell me what time qualifying starts- London time? if possible, thank you.

Well this was a good attempt @ running a series & sorry it didn't grow like it should have, maybe next time. So tonight is last race? if so, can you tell me what time qualifying starts- London time? if possible, thank you.

I know, the first round went well (but I couldn't run it!). I knew once I was on shift nothing would carry on weekly, like my slot car racing.

That is correct, tonight will be the last one. starting 19:00GMT (London UK time)

but room is now open

Last edited:
Ok, it was nice to have a quick race. 1minute 30s behind on 3 laps, the SLS understeered like mad XD

Anyway, here is the purposed future for the European GT3.

It will become known as Club GT3, same rules but not in a championship forum.
The club will be in club & leagues section.
It will organise spot races, it will vary in times, date etc.

Is this a good idea and would you guys be interested?

I was actually saying to @gurizzi earlier that I'm just about done with the GT3's but it would be nice to have the occasional race, so I'd be up for coming along every now and again, sure :)

Thanks for putting in the effort to host and organise, btw, it's appreciated... I'm sorry it didn't take off like I'm sure you'd planned for it to.

See you soon :cheers:

I was actually saying to @gurizzi earlier that I'm just about done with the GT3's but it would be nice to have the occasional race, so I'd be up for coming along every now and again, sure :)

Thanks for putting in the effort to host and organise, btw, it's appreciated... I'm sorry it didn't take off like I'm sure you'd planned for it to.

See you soon :cheers:

Exactly, doesn't have to be done weekly/monthly etc just when you feel like it :)

I think it took off at the start but... well my ps3 started messing up.
Glad to just have a race with other people :)

meet you later for some more races ;)

Thanks for having me guys, I race GT3/2 pretty much exclusively. I host GT3/2 public rooms on an often basis & have a good group of racers who participate in these public races. Moving this to the 'Clubs & Leagues' is a great idea, I used to have a multi-class club in that section on GT5. I will post when im hosting & what type of races I plan on doing aswell as when.

Aboe, If GT3/2 isn't for you that's fine, but first id like to give you a few set-ups for these cars before you call it a day lol, or you can simply go to the tuning forum here & check under 'HaB' , he has great tunes & that's what I use. Either way its nice to know you guys & we will have some fun races in the future!

@SlotDave96 Do you mind me directing those who wish to continue GT3 racing (with this closing) towards my championship.

We are currently showing as full but with some not attending race 1 there may be some spaces opening ;)

:lol:

Was just gunna ask @aboe if he wanted to join, but you beat me too it:P

Haha, sorry but I've not long signed up to race in another series which runs at more or less the same time as this one... things aren't going as smoothly as I would like though so I'll be in touch if things change. Cheers.

Haha, sorry but I've not long signed up to race in another series which runs at more or less the same time as this one... things aren't going as smoothly
If you mean the WEC I saw you sign up to then then you don't need to worry as that and the WGTC run on alternate weeks as we share some drivers ;)

If you mean the WEC I saw you sign up to then then you don't need to worry as that and the WGTC run on alternate weeks as we share some drivers ;)

Not that one, no mate. I'm talking about another WEC series which is being run by Scuderiadriver every Saturday evening. I'm not sure it's on GTP as he has his own website for it. I'm running this week as a sort of test, to see if the cars have been better balanced etc from where they were last week. TBH, it's unlikely I'll run there, because it clashes with memto's WEC series as well anyway.
But, I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the invite and maybe I'll see you on track soon :)

Not that one, no mate. I'm talking about another WEC series which is being run by Scuderiadriver every Saturday evening. I'm not sure it's on GTP as he has his own website for it. I'm running this week as a sort of test, to see if the cars have been better balanced etc from where they were last week. TBH, it's unlikely I'll run there, because it clashes with memto's WEC series as well anyway.
But, I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the invite and maybe I'll see you on track soon :)
OK mate, just wondered, wanted to make sure you were not getting confused :D

@aboe Scud's isn't on GTP, he just runs it because he's successful in it, he had run GT500s before but that had some flaws. Though I must say GTP racing is better in my view since it's the only reason I left him after he cheated and used the handbrake to say I caused a crash which gave him a win at Spa. Then at Monza I was hit off at T1 and caught him, he brake tested me and I out witted him and he lost traction behind me and went into the gravel and blamed it(:rolleyes:) on me... I left straight after for GTP.

Oh and he corner cuts when he's slow... at Spa I was watching him and he was cutting Les Combes and the last chicane nearly every lap...if you're going to host a good championship at least have the heart to man up and own up to it... he was the only person who cut corners.

Also the specs aren't really realistic...800bhp and 950kg(the weight is ok). So then I was in the Speed 8 and every time you'd get mugged by a Group C or a Toyota GT1...trust me it's much better here and besides you'd probably beat them.

Last edited:
Back