Everything and anything DRIFT

• Thread starter SmokeNFlow
  • 123 comments
United States
United States
The purpose of this thread is to talk about anything that has to do with drifting. Whether it be,
Drift tuning
Drift replays
Drift livery
Drift tips questions
Car discussion and more
There isn’t enough back up on the community and or the game. So right here, let’s change that.

Like have you changed any of the steeings on the car to make it better for drifting, if so what have you done?
I run sports soft in the front. Sports hard in the rear.
Slammed it to the ground while almost making out the negative camber in the front. Somewhere in the middle for the rear negative camber.
Then I starting playing around with the gearing.
I’ll be finishing up everything else later today

Slammed it to the ground while almost making out the negative camber in the front. Somewhere in the middle for the rear negative camber.
Maxing out*

Oh fair play, i havent really messed with too much much apart from slamming it and increasing the spring frequency and changing tyres. I might heed your advice and have a play with the cambers.

Hopefully this is on topic but does anyone else miss the glorious smoke that GT5 & 6 had? All of the other graphics have been improved so much but the smoke was toned down a lot, must've been a sacrifice for something else. Drifting just doesn't have the same impact without the mass plumage.

I agree. If we had more smoke it would add to the realism. But I didn’t play GT5 or 6 so I can’t compare it to previous games. I don’t find it to be terrible. I am thankful that they changed the steering sensitivity for oversteer lol. In my opinion it mad a huge difference.

Drifting (g29) its ok but we need an option to change steering angle settings, also drifting in VR mode its soo good i cant see why its no seperate drifting mode in vr, and lack of smoke yea defo big issue

Last edited:
So "BayouSimDrifter" would you say that the physics model changed?

I have the impression the throttle is a lot more important in GTS then it used to be before. With the controller I have some issues to get it right.
Became a "Decent Drifter" yesterday, better then "Novice", but somehow did not like the title.

Hopefully this is on topic but does anyone else miss the glorious smoke that GT5 & 6 had? All of the other graphics have been improved so much but the smoke was toned down a lot, must've been a sacrifice for something else. Drifting just doesn't have the same impact without the mass plumage.

I do have the impression that there is a lot less smoke, but is that important?

So "BayouSimDrifter" would you say that the physics model changed?

I have the impression the throttle is a lot more important in GTS then it used to be before. With the controller I have some issues to get it right.
Became a "Decent Drifter" yesterday, better then "Novice", but somehow did not like the title.

I do have the impression that there is a lot less smoke, but is that important?
The drifting physics have greatly changed, gone are the days of smash the throttle and flick the car. Throttle control is definitely key

The drifting physics have greatly changed, gone are the days of smash the throttle and flick the car. Throttle control is definitely key

Ok so my feeling is not off. I did enjoy the "smash the throttle and flick the car" but I do believe the current mode will teach you better driving.
Just upsetting that I got confirmation that I'm not a good driver :(

I used the GT86 GMNT (fully upgraded, CS tyres) at Suzuka East to get the million point drift achievement and associated trophies... 28-30k pts per entry.

I just set toe to 0 f & r, LSD to 5 60 5, and upped front camber to 2. On CS tyres it's pretty decent to drift (haven't tried it on CH) - stable, transitions nicely, and will take big throttle openings even in the higher gears without spinning.

With the huge amount of +ve rear toe it has stock removed, drifting felt much like GT6 did to me.

I used the GT86 GMNT (fully upgraded, CS tyres) at Suzuka East to get the million point drift achievement and associated trophies... 28-30k pts per entry.

I just set toe to 0 f & r, LSD to 5 60 5, and upped front camber to 2. On CS tyres it's pretty decent to drift (haven't tried it on CH) - stable, transitions nicely, and will take big throttle openings even in the higher gears without spinning.

With the huge amount of +ve rear toe it has stock removed, drifting felt much like GT6 did to me.

Yuup defo best RWD car to drift in GTS at the minute, well only one with give You a chance to hold a drift after transition...

Sad...

Last edited:
Why are the Drift leaderboards removed this time around ? Am I missing something?
I miss those weekly drift events.

Unfortunately drift it missed everywhere.... Im a pro drifter in real world, and first time in GT from yrs and for me physics get close to reality (with one car though lol) but game its failing everywhere else. Vr mode its soo good for drifting but its so restricted in the same time.

And WHY we CANT score point drifting WHOLE tracks as we use to...

Stock Lexus lsf or Isf or whatever it’s called with comfort hards drifts nicely
need to try this one

BTW is there a place to write down some ideas maybe someone will help us drifters....

For the sake of the drift community please stop using CH, they are really hindering your skills. Seriously CS or SH are the best and will be the closest you are going to get to feeling like gt6 or better.
I didn’t know there was a rule for what tire I could use? I feel more comfortable using it. Also if I remember correctly everyone used CH tires in gt6 and GT5? I can use the tires you mentioned but I feel more comfortable on hards. What’s the actual benefits to using the other tires?

UPDATE: tried all three tires
CH: I feel like I get more angle and have to control the throttle a little more.
CS: less angle on the throttle a lot more
SH: pretty much full throttle most the time

I prefer angle over speed and like that with CH tires I feel I have more control. To each his own.

Last edited:
For the sake of the drift community please stop using CH, they are really hindering your skills. Seriously CS or SH are the best and will be the closest you are going to get to feeling like gt6 or better.
Thanks for the heads up. Switching my Camaro back to those ASAP

I think for me the main thing that needs to be addressed is being able to change the steering angle, i understand why they've locked it, (more realistic and enjoyable for racing) but for drifting it makes it very hard especially as my wheel set up is on a fairly rickety table so i cant really just throw the wheel to catch a transition because my table will probably just fall apart XD
Also i just enjoy having shorter rotation because it makes it a bit easier for me to drift consistently, i understand people may not want easier but thats why i think we should be able to change it so everyone can get what they want!

Latest Posts

Back