Everything and anything DRIFT

Discussion in 'GTS Drifting' started by SmokeNFlow, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Isho

Isho

Things I still feel like im missing in GTS:
    Online drift trials mode like in GT6
    More steering angle, which Drift trials provided in GT6 or just make it a seperate option in the drift tuning sheet.
    The ability to assign the e-brake to any button. As of right now im using the E-brake on L3 & R3 on the bottom right corner of my T300 base and its horrible.

CH or CM's still feel the best in my opinion. Softs requires way more throttle input than im used to like in GT6.

Mike666 and Lord Protector like this.
  2. AMPMROCKETFANN

AMPMROCKETFANN

So has anyone found a good work around for the lack of steering angle?

3. ZIPTIES

ZIPTIES

Throttle and braking control. When chasing another drifter you want to be close as possible to the lead car. (DOOR 2 DOOR) Using the brakes allows you to adjust the speed more precise when going sideways. Just a small amount of braking without releasing the throttle.Think it like a high speed burnout going sideways around a long corner That allows you to keep drifting without any bigger effect on the angle or line. The slower you need to go the more you push down the brakes. This technique is mostly used to get some space between the 2 cars drifting together when switching corners. And also to adjust where you want the car. if you are to close on the inside of the corner you can move further out using the brakes without releasing the trhottle. throttle control is a great importance when drifting. And also how you use the brakes and when you use them.

4. NRz Manu

NRz Manu

Hope you like it.

5. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

Yessssss! Like it!
    I was about to say this thread is lacking video, that makes up for it.

NRz Manu likes this.
  6. NRz Manu

NRz Manu

Im glad you like it bro, ill continue posting videos like this!

7. JacksHerer

JacksHerer

Yeh it was epic, I hoon around sometimes, but would wreck people if I tried doing that^.

NRz Manu likes this.
  8. NRz Manu

NRz Manu

hahaha it's just a matter of practice but is easier than it looks like

9. Robben

Robben

How did you do that? In a lobby?

Looks awesome!

NRz Manu likes this.
  10. NRz Manu

NRz Manu

Yess! you start the race in the lobby and when it ends you can save the replay, then i recorded it with the avermedia and edit it on the pc, took a lot of editing time haha

11. newjks

newjks

i tested few car and the new Supra DLC the drift has greatly improved and Supra is a very nice drift car. maybe is time to have a drift sub-forum?

Mike666 and NRz Manu like this.
  12. Maty_Vip

Maty_Vip

Hey guys ^_^ i'll leave here my edit, hope you like it. It was kinda ****show on track so sorry its not clean.

13. Macboyilija

Macboyilija

Brilliant video’s @NRz Manu and @Maty_Vip !

I personally love the Porsche GT3 for drifting because its so rewarding.

NRz Manu likes this.
  14. NRz Manu

NRz Manu

Ty bro :)

15. Maty_Vip

Maty_Vip

Thanks ^-^

16. newjks

newjks

New BRZ drift. Not my video but this drift nice. I haven't had time to try much myself but seems like tyre looks more convincing when drifting.

Juaddy and JacksHerer like this.
  17. Mike666

Mike666

Only just seen this video ^^ awsome stuff! Needs to be a drift community in this forum

18. Mightymurph22

Mightymurph22

I use to really love drifting on GT6 but now for GTS idek where to start in terms of cars or tyres

Hotspace 5150 likes this.
  19. SmokeySama

SmokeySama

Asphalt Dreamers still around

TheNuvolari, DriifterX and newjks like this.
  20. DriifterX

DriifterX

Mind sharing your Viper suspension settings?

21. SmokeySama

SmokeySama

I only drive the GR.4 M4, sorry man. I’d hit up any of the DSM guys or Verrceti for a Viper tune

22. SmokeySama

SmokeySama

75566D6C-8842-4D53-A4FB-721E112AD732.jpeg

Me and DSM_RICK yesterday

Mike666, TheNuvolari and NRz Manu like this.
  23. Infernuz

Infernuz

Is the 458 Gr.4 that good in drifting? Been seeing lots of them online.
    My E30 can't keep up! :lol:

alpacaflip likes this.
  24. NRz Manu

NRz Manu

DSM-TREY_ photos from yesterday and 1 of mine

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. yellosnake

yellosnake

Good to see this aspect of the Gran Turismo series just about dead. Wasted 40 minutes to get the million points in the achievement mode

26. alpacaflip

alpacaflip

I just got GT Sport a few weeks ago, and PS Plus a few days ago, and I seem to get kicked from tandem lobbies a lot. It seems high angle drifting is not welcome on GT Sport. I have always tried to stay as consistent to line, and angle, every single run in each Gran Turismo series; so whoever chasing can feel comfortable doing so. When I do mess up I will say something, or get out of the way as quickly as possible. So are different styles unwelcome on GTSport?

(I can't wait to get a new wheel again, DS4 is killing me lol)

27. NotThirdReich

NotThirdReich

I assume this belongs here. It's by no means special, just cool to share.

28. CrazyKev420_

CrazyKev420_

Yea dude, i used to run CH all around on GT6, now i just slide off the track
    No grip
    Just doesn't feel.the same anymore
    Maybe its because i use a controller

Does anyone else agree PD should acknowledge the drift community in Gran Turismo a little more than they do?
    Ive always wanted to see a competitive, tandem drift mode online, for GT or any other series with good drift physics. It seems possible.
    You could have two cars run tandem, using the same racing line to judge points as the previous games (maybe add some inside clip point markers and outer clip zones) then simply add a "proximity multiplier" to the score (more for the leader if he pulls away, more for the chaser if he stays on the leaders door)
    I think PD could easily implement this mode into GTS or possibly a future tilte, anyone else agree?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    bil coz, Mike666 and Maty_Vip like this.
  29. SmokeySama

SmokeySama

You can be fast on CH’s whether on Drift Tab or Road Tab. Try controller settings at 0/1/1 (this varies depending on the car (wheel base, weight, power)). Also try to adjust diff settings. When I started playing I had mine at 43/50/20, allowed you to have grip and push the car to be fast while in drift. I’m still on DS4 and happy with it.

A FiA drift series would be awesome. But what about when there’s contact. Or contact that doesn’t cause either driver to correct. Or even runs. Dirt drops. Passes. One driver using d-tab one driver on road tab. A lot of things to take into account when judging, IMO.

30. newjks

newjks

Wow finally we got a driting sub forum for GTS!

Mike666 likes this.