Everything and anything DRIFT

• Thread starter SmokeNFlow
  • 123 comments
You can be fast on CH’s whether on Drift Tab or Road Tab. Try controller settings at 0/1/1 (this varies depending on the car (wheel base, weight, power)). Also try to adjust diff settings. When I started playing I had mine at 43/50/20, allowed you to have grip and push the car to be fast while in drift. I’m still on DS4 and happy with it.

A FiA drift series would be awesome. But what about when there’s contact. Or contact that doesn’t cause either driver to correct. Or even runs. Dirt drops. Passes. One driver using d-tab one driver on road tab. A lot of things to take into account when judging, IMO.
Yep, very true. However, if this were implemented i think PD would simplify it. Just use the same points structure as with drift trials, but add a score multiplier for proximity (chaser gets a higher multiplier if they stay close, leader gets a higher multiplier if they pull away) I would think, for simplicities sake, it would be up to the chase driver to avoid contact, but if the leader makes a mistake (like spinning) they would ghost, allowing the chaser to pass by.
Speaking of passing, obviously if you pass another car off the approved line, you wont score points. However, if the leader goes off line or off track and the chaser passes, while maintaining the proper line, they would continue to score points.
This is just an idea, and i realise it's imperfect, but i still think its totally do-able

I think it feels different, probably easier to get away with more angle and a lot of throttle. the steering wheel feels different which is nice.. and sometimes you end up going through hairpins in slowmo. a lot of this reminds me of the drift tab but you can't recover the impossible like with the drift tab, drifts look smoother, and it doesn't feel like the hand of God is helping you.
I've only tested CH tyres which might be why it felt so slow.. would like to hear what others think

First of all, I always use the "street tab" + CH tire to drift.

A night of game experience comments:
7/30 this update, CH tire's grip becomes better, single lap speed is faster.
But I don't like this change, the power slide is limited,
Need to improve horsepower to achieve the throttle feel of the pre-updated power slide,
the rear wheel must be adjusted more slippery,

"For drifting, this updated tire physics is a joke"

Last edited:
First of all, I always use the "street tab" + CH tire to drift.

A night of game experience comments:
7/30 this update, CH tire's grip becomes better, single lap speed is faster.
But I don't like this change, the power slide is limited,
Need to improve horsepower to achieve the throttle feel of the pre-updated power slide,
the rear wheel must be adjusted more slippery,

"For drifting, this updated tire physics is a joke"

I also only use road tab because the other one is bollocks.
Do you use a wheel? I kind of like the new feeling, its like the loss of grip is more progressive. I agree it needs a lot more throttle now, but I'm not sure if that's a bad thing?

Do you use a wheel? I kind of like the new feeling, its like the loss of grip is more progressive. I agree it needs a lot more throttle now, but I'm not sure if that's a bad thing?
It isn't imho.

Yes, I am using T500RS + TH8A
And use the original gearbox of the vehicle to experience the fun of pure hand row

in my opinion , the tires are not smooth enough when they slip.
The rhythm of the control throttle is disrupted and must be re-adapted.

Last edited:
What is a good drift car I am currently using a Ferrari 458 Group 4 car. I am getting tired of drifting it and I was wondering if anybody recommends any other cars that are good to drift.

What is a good drift car I am currently using a Ferrari 458 Group 4 car. I am getting tired of drifting it and I was wondering if anybody recommends any other cars that are good to drift.

As far as I am concerned, I am used to vehicles that use the NA engine.
The power of linear output is more intuitive for the reaction and control of the throttle.

Try everything to discover your Drift car, the process is fun.
There may be unexpected gains, such as my own X2014 Junior.

Are there any teams from the GT 5-6 era still active on GT Sport?

Asphalt*Dreamers are still here. We’ve seen Star Drift guys here and there as well as Nexus but idk if they’re the same dudes from the previous titles

For speed drifting, is the 86 GT a good car? Or is its power too low? I did some speed drifting recently and was destroyed, so I'm really unsure whether I can even keep up using the 86.

For speed drifting, is the 86 GT a good car? Or is its power too low? I did some speed drifting recently and was destroyed, so I'm really unsure whether I can even keep up using the 86.

Can you talk about your evaluation criteria? or the time of the Suzuka Circuit-East ?

As far as I am concerned, the horsepower is adjusted to the largest 86GT with CH tire + Road tab.
The time that Suzuka Circuit-East has made is about 1'12", and it can be done 1'09" when the situation is excellent.
I believe that some people's speed drifts can run faster.
But for me, this level of vehicle can make this time, it is quite fast.

Can you talk about your evaluation criteria? or the time of the Suzuka Circuit-East ?

As far as I am concerned, the horsepower is adjusted to the largest 86GT with CH tire + Road tab.
The time that Suzuka Circuit-East has made is about 1'12", and it can be done 1'09" when the situation is excellent.
I believe that some people's speed drifts can run faster.
But for me, this level of vehicle can make this time, it is quite fast.
I was drifting with some drift team. They were using GT3 drift cars. The NSX. One thing that really shocked me was that I couldn't even catch up on the corners, infact I fell behind on the corners. I knew that I'd fall behind when they were weaving on a straightaway, but the corners shocked me. I'll try to edit this and show you a lap time.

Edit: With CH tires and my usual set up, I can pull off an average 1:09

Last edited:
I was drifting with some drift team. They were using GT3 drift cars. The NSX. One thing that really shocked me was that I couldn't even catch up on the corners, infact I fell behind on the corners. I knew that I'd fall behind when they were weaving on a straightaway, but the corners shocked me. I'll try to edit this and show you a lap time.

You just answered your own statement. They were NSX’s and probably a GR4 car rather than the GT3. MR cars create more grip as the weight of the power train is directly over the drive wheels. Thus creating more grip. They can’t get angle for ****. But they are fast

You just answered your own statement. They were NSX’s and probably a GR4 car rather than the GT3. MR cars create more grip as the weight of the power train is directly over the drive wheels. Thus creating more grip. They can’t get angle for ****. But they are fast
So an MR will always outcorner me?

So an MR will always outcorner me?

9/10 they will if you are using say a street car that’s FR. Not only do they have the weight and power distribution but also the aerodynamics if they’re using a GR4 or 3 car. This all not to mention their individual setups. Suspension, diff, trans, camber and toe incriments. Road tab vs Drift Tab. A lot of variables outside of just being MR cars

9/10 they will if you are using say a street car that’s FR. Not only do they have the weight and power distribution but also the aerodynamics if they’re using a GR4 or 3 car. This all not to mention their individual setups. Suspension, diff, trans, camber and toe incriments. Road tab vs Drift Tab. A lot of variables outside of just being MR cars
Is there any tuning tips for a better speed drifting car with my 86? As in what all the variables do, not just some regular answer telling me what to do.

Back