• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Votes: 53 64.6%

• Total voters
Malaysia
Europe
z-assolluto-7-11
Yeah, yeah, someone probably made one already. But specify which is better, in your opinion and which model and tunes to make it better.

i think the evo is more fun to drive, feels raw compared to the sti, and is just plain more fun....
BUT
the sti is faster, by a decent amount too

I like both, but if it came down to one, I'd probably go with the Evo.

OMG this is my 1,111th post! Am I cool?

images

I've always preferred Evos, there's not much between them. Consistently when driving both cars, (stock) the Subaru is faster (post 2.01 update). No matter how hard I try the Subaru is always faster for me, even though I always desperately want the Evo to take it.
Subaru is quicker, but I prefer Evos as they look so much cooler, but in driving terms, the Subaru takes that as well unfortunately. :/

Tested the current latest model saloon/sedan version against each other to get these results.

I like them both. But the sound of the flat-4 is incredible to me, so between the two if I had to choose it would be the Suby. A friend of mine owns a EVO IX MR and I am currently looking for an 04 STI. 👍 I used to have the Blitz Nur-Spec on my old SW22, so....

in real life though I will give it to the evo in terms of the car handling good its all the cpu compents doing that Id rather drive the car than have the car drive me ( im looking at you GTR as well) that being said subi all the way preferably turbo foresters lolol

thats your opinion not trully fact depends on your driving style. and looks is also opinion based

This whole thread is about opinions, slick. In fact, the word "opinion" is right there in the OP. My opinion just happens to be based on actual autocross experience. Subarus are generally accepted to be more understeer prone than Evos, even most Scooby guys I've talked to will concede this, and every Evo vs STi shootout I've read has come to the same conclusion.

I don't like either, in real life. They scream street-racing with a ny yankees hat and douchy facial hair. But I would go with the subi. If only because I RMed mine, gave it gold chrome body paint and subi blue wheels :) Oh yeah, plus it handles well and is fun to drive. I guess that matters, too...

Back