excessive wheel spin when in top gear

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, when I'm doing the daily races I often get wheel spin down the straights when in top gear losing me a lot of speed. Does anyone else get this and how do you stop it?

wheel spin down the straights when in top gear
That... shouldn't happen. Torque at the wheels is lowest in the highest gear, so it simply shouldn't generate any wheel spin at all.

Do you have a video of this?

Hi, That's what I thought but it happens quite a bit. I have not got a video but will get one and send you a copy so you can have a look. Thanks for replying

Very odd thing to hear about. I would ask about assists, but I doubt that would solve it. Wonder if this is bug.

Are you maybe riding the brake? Otherwise as the others said. This should not happen.
No not riding the break. it happened down the long straight at Le Mans and up the hill at Spa when your at the top end of the cars speed

Very odd thing to hear about. I would ask about assists, but I doubt that would solve it. Wonder if this is bug.
The TC is on 2

No not riding the break. it happened down the long straight at Le Mans and up the hill at Spa when your at the top end of the cars speed
Odd question but are you sure it's wheel spin you're hearing? It sounds like the car is hitting the rev limiter in top gear which would make a similar sound from the engine.

Last edited:
p78
Upload to YT, (PS4 will do that for you) and then share the link, is the easiest way imo @Skywalker55

Ok this is just a small example as I don't have much time. As you will after turn 1 I get lots of wheel spin where I have to fully lift off the accelerator to stop it otherwise it would have continued up the hill in every gear.

Ok this is just a small example as I don't have much time. As you will after turn 1 I get lots of wheel spin where I have to fully lift off the accelerator to stop it otherwise it would have continued up the hill in every gear.

Are you playing on a DS4 or wheel? It looks like a bad R2 button (ds4) or gas pedal.

I’ve had both.

Last edited:
Ok thanks I will give that a go, much appreciated 👍
Maybe just cut a few laps on your DS4 with your wheel disconnected to confirm it's definitely the pedals.

Otherwise, have a look at that video that I attached to the above post... Some people take the entire potentiometer apart to clean it, but otherwise you can just spray the contact cleaner into the hole (like in that video) and it should work for a while.

You'll need to keep doing that whenever that issue happens (hopefully not very often).

Edit: Brake pedals with that wheel have the same issue, so I'd probably give them a clean while you're at it...

Last edited:
Yep, knackered pedals. Or at least fritzy pedals. Definitely worth a good clean.

You... don't need to film your screen. PS4 records everything it sees. All you need to do is tell it which bit you want to keep - you can even trim and edit it on the console if necessary - and you can upload it straight from the console to YouTube.

Yep, knackered pedals. Or at least fritzy pedals. Definitely worth a good clean.

You... don't need to film your screen. PS4 records everything it sees. All you need to do is tell it which bit you want to keep - you can even trim and edit it on the console if necessary - and you can upload it straight from the console to YouTube.

Wow I didn't know. Where do I find this that would be great.

Maybe just cut a few laps on your DS4 with your wheel disconnected to confirm it's definitely the pedals.

Otherwise, have a look at that video that I attached to the above post... Some people take the entire potentiometer apart to clean it, but otherwise you can just spray the contact cleaner into the hole (like in that video) and it should work for a while.

You'll need to keep doing that whenever that issue happens (hopefully not very often).

Edit: Brake pedals with that wheel have the same issue, so I'd probably give them a clean while you're at it...
Thanks 👍

Hi, I'm getting an error code when I try to upload using the way you said. CE-39896-5
I think it has to do with a failed upload clogging the system. Look in Share Factory and Capture Gallery and see if there's any pending uploads. If so, delete them.

Also, you don't need to use Share Factory to upload to YouTube, that seems to be more problematic. The share button while ingame should take you to the capture gallery and give you edit and upload options from in there.

I've had similar issues with the brake pedal on the G29. It gets dirty in there.

Related to that, I moved things around recently and my rig is next to my bed for the winter. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night (just 2 nights ago) and a cat is doing something to it, digging in the crack of the pedal. Sounds like I'm joking but I'm serious. :lol:

Edit: didnt read properly. It's an issue of your wheel, I know other G29 users that have throttle problems.
I'd try to do something with the warranty and if lucky then buy a T150 Pro instead, which seems to be more realiable.

Last edited:
There are several ways of fixing this:
-Make the lower gears go longer.
-Reduce the LSD initial torque setting, or/and the acceleration setting
-Increase the rear wheel camber
None of which you can do in Daily Races - and which isn't related to the issue, which is a dodgy pedal.

Back