EXCLUSIVE GT5:P Spec II - NINTH update (NEW DFGT Wheel Hands-On, April 18)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 2,456 comments
Is the 2P replay still split in two screens like in GT4 or can you change it to one whole screen and switch between what car you wish to view?

Yeah its split into two screen's.

Been online racing and been meeting some rather good drivers recently, I managed to squeeze a 3rd place which makes me happy, but still rammers are finding ways to get round it. It just makes me plain angry. :grumpy:

Amar`s info update said 2P wasn`t in GT5P. But there it is in the PAL version here in OZ. Weird huh?

He didn't say that...He said

2 Player races are classic split-screen though, and there are just 2 views-on-the-car available - over the car and classic-bonnet. No interiors in 2P, but I didn't expect them to be there in any case.

Its in all of the versions now.

Wow, played this today for the first time round a friends, holy poop man, Its really got me wanting. So so good, the cars feel great, the graphics are amazing, the sounds are superb, its challenging, its ufn and terrifyingly addictive.

and im 6th in the online rankings for the Lancer evo 9 around Daytona Infield:D on pro of course. (my mates PSN tag, Destroyed07 or something).

Waiting for this thing to download! All day today... Got it to work late last night... simply awesome!!! :D --- Randy

He didn't say that...He said

Its in all of the versions now.

Ahh yeah he did :sly: see... There are no 2P replay AT ALL. I really couldn't believe it, but it's like that. This is my single greatest disappointment so far with this game, and I just can't understand how they decided to leave it out. I understand why there is no replay of Online races, why there is no cockpit view in 2P, but lack of 2P replay makes me very sad.

After the SpecII update, 2P replay is in. It wasn't there before this update. I've edited the first post, thanx guys for taking care. 👍

Has anyone found whether there is a way to actually alter the penalty level when setting up your own races in arcade mode. I like the idea of arcade mode as it allows me some nice long runs on Daytona, but I'd like to be able to set a penalty level. I don't think this is possible but thought I'd check with you guys. If not then I assume that arcade is just set at penalty level 0.

Cheers

So there is 2P replay!!! Cool, gonna go check that out, thanks for informing us Amar, would not have noticed otherwise.

haha, i got the game this morning, bought the integra, did all the races available with it (B ones) and then grinded 250k straight away and got the Amuse GT1 :D

****ING AWESOME :embarrassed:

Prologue with G25 is amazing!! (i have been too busy playing and not commenting it here :) ) Do you guys think Ford GT is really such a beast to drive in real life? After many spins in banked corners of High Speed Ring, i leached the thing to win the muscle car event.

Only irritating thing in GT5: Prologue is when AI drivers hit you with some crazy move and you get penalty for "ramming". AI is what it is but at least they should get penalties too.

Only irritating thing in GT5: Prologue is when AI drivers hit you with some crazy move and you get penalty for "ramming". AI is what it is but at least they should get penalties too.
yeah, the penalty system is really screwed! hope they'll remove it by the time they put in some damage!!!

So I guess there will be no 9th update? lol Probably because every has the game now. I still like reading things about it while I have 17 more days to go here in usa.

if PD are reading this your penalty system sucks,i out braked myself in an overtaking move and went wide on fuji just after the chicane,didn't touch the other car but got a penalty for taking a short cut on the wrong side of the track,which would be the long route.It reminds of F1 CE it also had a crap penalty system.

hello my friends
today i made gold in all of the classes of gt5p
and i blow my mind after saw what i get :)
a bike CBR 600
THE SOND ITS AMAGING

http://www.ps3addict.net/news/news/honda-cbr-600-in-gran-turismo-5-prologue.html

gt5cbr2mn1.jpg

see you

some nice videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFSXy7vX14M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Bv37Bl5bw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDac24T5KvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxXgY_tZ-VY&feature=related

Also, on the photo, it says 7th of september 2007! :P
And the logos are different... There's even a HOME logo! :lol:

Um, I have an issue. The NA version comes out on April 17th. I found out last night that my pregnant sister-in-law is due April 16th.

How can I go about enducing early labor, by like a week, without harming her or the baby?

Another reason why I don't like kids.

Since Kazunori have said we'll se deformation damage very soon it will perhaps be in the next update!? I HOPE! :drool:

Nice chart :)

Latest UK Software Charts

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 29 March 2008

LW

TW Title Format Label Publisher
- 1 GRAN TURISMO 5: PROLOGUE PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
1 2 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS 2 XB360 RED STORM UBISOFT
2 3 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES WII SEGA SEGA
3 4 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS 2 PS3 RED STORM UBISOFT
- 5 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 WII KONAMI KONAMI
4 6 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
7 7 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
6 8 CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES WII 2KPLAY TAKE 2
5 9 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES DS SEGA SEGA
12 10 SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS WII SEGA SEGA
- 11 VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD XB360 SEGA SEGA
- 12 COMMAND & CONQUER 3: KANE'S WRATH PC EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 13 MOTORSTORM PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
8 14 COOKING MAMA 2 DS 505 GAMES 505 GAMES
- 15 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 & 3 RETURN WII SEGA SEGA
11 16 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE PS3 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
10 17 MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
16 18 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
15 19 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE XB360 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
- 20 GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS PSP SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
9 21 ARMY OF TWO XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
19 22 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK PS2 REDOCTANE ACTIVISION
28 23 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK WII REDOCTANE ACTIVISION
29 24 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK XB360 REDOCTANE ACTIVISION
14 25 BULLY: SCHOLARSHIP EDITION XB360 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
13 26 GAME PARTY WII MIDWAY MIDWAY
30 27 IMAGINE: BABIES DS GAMES FOR EVERYONE UBISOFT
22 28 SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS WII SEGA SEGA
- 29 VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD PS3 SEGA SEGA
18 30 CSI: HARD EVIDENCE WII UBISOFT UBISOFT
25 31 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 PSP KONAMI KONAMI
36 32 ASSASSIN'S CREED PS3 UBISOFT UBISOFT
31 33 BULLY: SCHOLARSHIP EDITION WII ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
33 34 SUPER MONKEY BALL: BANANA BLITZ WII SEGA SEGA
21 35 SIGHT TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 36 PDC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DARTS 08 WII OXYGEN INTERACTIVE OXYGEN INTERACTIVE
23 37 HALO 3 XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
35 38 BIG BRAIN ACADEMY: WII DEGREE WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
20 39 RESISTANCE: FALL OF MAN PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
32 40 MARIO KART DS DS NINTENDO NINTENDO

Back