Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Very nice. Well done on the no pit stops, that definitely made for an easy win by the sounds of it. Your car doesn't appear to be part of the military though. Most disappointing :)
:lol: Yeah, no military. :P
I have to add that, the no pit stop with SS tyres, was possible thanks to the excellent tuning you made. 👍

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
(Body painted in GT MILITARY 001-C)

550PP
467 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Transmission

F/R
85/90
11.75/10.50
5/3
4/3
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
(Reset transmission to default)
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.453
2nd 1.885
3rd 1.501
4th 1.230
5th 1.044
6th 0.913
Set final gear to 2.900
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
14/18/26
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.1%
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Supercharger

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 36kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Painted in military colours to join the ranks of the '04 version.

View attachment 232667
View attachment 232666
View attachment 232665

Nice pics mate...l really like the top one....Wicked....👍

All is quiet in the land of GT6.. Id like to think this is the calm before the storm but I don't see any clouds on the horizon. Is everyone (apart from Pete) feeling a little bored of GT6 and the lack of challenges it has right now? I have to say, I'm not one of them, I always have things to do in this game; tuning, completing Senna and Sierra along with some expert career races but I get the distinct impression others that have done the game in its entirety are feeling a little bored.

All is quiet in the land of GT6.. Id like to think this is the calm before the storm but I don't see any clouds on the horizon. Is everyone (apart from Pete) feeling a little bored of GT6 and the lack of challenges it has right now? I have to say, I'm not one of them, I always have things to do in this game; tuning, completing Senna and Sierra along with some expert career races but I get the distinct impression others that have done the game in its entirety are feeling a little bored.
With some imagination, a lot of scenarios can be bring to life. So I'm not bored at all, on contrary, I enjoy it. ;) 👍

Well let me say, I was really looking forward to my enthusiasm for the game being renewed to overflowing but Telstra have let me down AGAIN :mad:
I received a phone call from them today stating that the installation won't be happening until Saturday the 4th. How nice to get that news on the day it was supposed to happen :mad:

I'm not bored mate...not at all....This mustang tune is really taking up my time....and when done i will be back to the seasonals with ya....Chow for now mate....:cheers:

Well let me say, I was really looking forward to my enthusiasm for the game being renewed to overflowing but Telstra have let me down AGAIN :mad:
I received a phone call from them today stating that the installation won't be happening until Saturday the 4th. How nice to get that news on the day it was supposed to happen :mad:

That's not fair mate....they are really taking the 🤬 🤬 now....I feel for you mate...:banghead:

I'm not bored mate...not at all....This mustang tune is really taking up my time....and when done i will be back to the seasonals with ya....Chow for now mate....:cheers:

That's not fair mate....they are really taking the 🤬 🤬 now....I feel for you mate...:banghead:
Mate I'm just about out of patience with the whole deal & ready to start swinging knuckles.
I'm absolutely seething :mad:

Oh yeah, Course. Keep up the good work on the Mustang. :)

@Pete05 They really are being muppets aren't they. Maybe they should compensate you somehow with upgraded Internet free for six months, make up for the time wasting they have been doing.

Oh yeah, Course. Keep up the good work on the Mustang. :)

@Pete05 They really are being muppets aren't they. Maybe they should compensate you somehow with upgraded Internet free for six months, make up for the time wasting they have been doing.
Nice idea but I couldn't even get a straight answer out of them today. Rescheduled the install for the 4th without confirmation from me that I'd be available. 8 hours in standby for squat.
Pissing on my head & calling it rain.
Just as well I haven't had to take time off work for this or I'd be taking a claw hammer to head office.

Honda Mobil 1 NSX '01

600PP
600BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
55/60
17.80/25.30
6/7
5/6
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.08

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.285
2nd 2.532
3rd 2.008
4th 1.643
5th 1.391
6th 1.223
Set final gear to 3.300

FC LSD
10/12/18

Set power limiter to 94.6%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
350/600

600PP Grand Valley SW Seasonal Sports Soft Winner! 👍

A nice surprise! :) The car handles quite nice the SS, despite the GTR35 did this on lap 4... Cheater!!

Grand Valley Speedway.jpg

600PP Grand Valley SW Seasonal Sports Soft Winner! 👍

A nice surprise! :) The car handles quite nice the SS, despite the GTR35 did this on lap 4... Cheater!!

Ah yes, the famous AI with its excellent and safe driving techniques. I have had this done to me on various tracks too :) The SS version is a surprise, I wasn't sure it was going to work as well as it did in GT5 but apparently PD have left this nice SS car in its former state. It will come in handy for wet races as it will run happily in wet or dry conditions.

Ah yes, the famous AI with its excellent and safe driving techniques. I have had this done to me on various tracks too :) The SS version is a surprise, I wasn't sure it was going to work as well as it did in GT5 but apparently PD have left this nice SS car in its former state. It will come in handy for wet races as it will run happily in wet or dry conditions.

Indeed, I was quite surprised with it, but the most amazing is how well the car handles in acceleration, exiting slow corners. I can say there are some in RH that need more throttle sensitivity then the Mobil in SS. The next test will be a wet race, to see if it responses as well in dry. 👍

Haven't done the RH test yet, but after winning in SS, I believe will do better in RH... EDIT2: WRONG!!! SS is way better!!

EDIT: Forgot, All AIDS off - ABS1

Last edited:
BMW Z8 '01

550PP
559 BHP
1325kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

Aero Kit Type B
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
90/95
7.50/11.75
5/5
4/6
2/4
0.8/1.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124 mph
1st 3.174
2nd 2.446
3rd 1.938
4th 1.588
5th 1.352
6th 1.181
Set final gear to 2.830

FC LSD
8/10/15
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power to 99.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 36kgs to Position -20

View attachment 230342
View attachment 230340
View attachment 230341
* Change oil.

Indeed, I was quite surprised with it, but the most amazing is how well the car handles in acceleration, exiting slow corners. I can say there are some in RH that need more throttle sensitivity then the Mobil in SS. The next test will be a wet race, to see if it responses as well in dry. 👍

Haven't done the RH test yet, but after winning in SS, I believe will do better in RH...

EDIT: Forgot, All AIDS off - ABS1
When I was testing, I did both at Silverstone. The RH version was faster in the dry by 4-5 seconds per lap so you should do a quicker time for sure in the RH version.

Nice idea but I couldn't even get a straight answer out of them today. Rescheduled the install for the 4th without confirmation from me that I'd be available. 8 hours in standby for squat.
Pissing on my head & calling it rain.
Just as well I haven't had to take time off work for this or I'd be taking a claw hammer to head office.
Just remember all this hassle will be worth it in the end. once you have the internet up and running, all this will be history :)

When I was testing, I did both at Silverstone. The RH version was faster in the dry by 4-5 seconds per lap so you should do a quicker time for sure in the RH version.

TY! Will do a test in Silverstone asap. Just finished the RH race in seasonal and its not as good as the SS. Still a great car, but more "nervous" in acceleration.
Will try the SS settings on the RH to see how it goes...

👍

TY! Will do a test in Silverstone asap. Just finished the RH race in seasonal and its not as good as the SS. Still a great car, but more "nervous" in acceleration.
Will try the SS settings on the RH to see how it goes...

👍
The problem is we are not allowed to use RM and RS Tyres. In real they use super soft Tyres, I miss the free choice of Tyres from GT5

Last edited:
@shaunm80

Just a small question... Is the Pagani Zonda LM Race car a "broken" car or is just too difficult to tune? I notice it appears a lot in seasonals, but no one has tuned it so far...

Thanks in advance! :)

👍

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer a few posts behind...

Transmission setup guidelines for Exeter GT Tunes

When I create a transmission, unless the car is setup for a specific seasonal, the final gear (once the gears have been set) can be adjusted to suit any track you drive the car at. If the gears seem overly long, it may be due to the track that I initially tested at or high speed runs I was undertaking.

The only gears which need to be kept the same are those that are tuned for a single special (or seasonal) event or FITT entries as they are bespoke gear settings to get the maximum amount of speed out of the tune I have created.

A Spec Seasonal Update (Single Races) Updated 2/10/14

As per normal, if anyone uses any of my tunes to get gold in the newest batch of seasonals, please let me know which tune you used and if you made any changes to suit the seasonal regulations. :)

P1060522.JPG

Beginner Level Supercar Festival (550PP SH)

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (500PP SH)
Ferrari California '08 (550PP SH)
Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 (Normal or Anniversary Edition)
Pagani Zonda C12 '00 (550PP SS) with SH tyres.
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SH) - Yes. 500PP with a tune that maxes out at 144mph..

Intermediate Level Muscle Car Festival (500PP SS)
Callaway C12 ‘03 (500PP SS)
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 (500PP SS)
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (500PP SH) SS tyres added
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (500PP SS)
Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 (Normal or Anniversary Edition)
Ford Mustang GT ‘05 (500PP SS)
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 (500PP SS)
Plymouth Superbird '70 (500PP SS)
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SS)
SRT Viper GTS ‘99 (500PP SS)
SRT Viper SRT10 ‘03 (500PP SS)

Expert Level Rainmasters (500PP SS)
Aston Martin DB9 '03 (500PP SS)
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (500PP SH) SS Tyres added
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (500PP SS)
Pagani Zonda C12 '00 (550PP SS) - Detuned to 500PP
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SS)
Tommikaira ZZII
Tommykaira ZZ-S '00 (Detuned and LSD change- See page 117)

Last edited:
I used the Ford GT40 Mark I for the Beginner and Intermediate Event and won easy. At Spa the Tommikaira ZZII was the fastes (best lap 2:34) got Gold within 12 sec.
Thanks Chris. I shall have to do the Rainmasters event later as I have to leave for Uni now. Completed the first two already though, the Intermediate Level at Autumn Ring was the easiest 200,000+ credits I have earned in a while. I cruised by the opposition in my military car. So well camouflaged that they didn't see me coming. :)

Back