Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Now that my course has started, I can see that I am not going to have that much spare time for a little while.. Any spare time that I have will probably be spent on enjoying GT6 and credit grinding for my own car purchases. This is not to say that I won't be tuning, on the contrary, I have a list of cars which I want to tune up and are working through one at a time.

Aston Martin DB9 ’03 (550PP SS)
Aston Martin DB9 ’03 (500PP SH)
Aston Martin Vanquish ’04 (500PP SS)
Chevrolet Corvette StingRay Racer Concept ’59 (500PP SS)
Cizeta V16T ’94 (550PP SS)
Dodge Charger R/T ‘70 (500PP SS)
Dodge Charger R/T ‘70 (550PP SS)
Jaguar XKR-S ’11 (550PP SS)
Jaguar XFR ’10 (550PP SH)
Jaguar XFR ’10 (550PP SS)
Jaguar XKR Coupe ’10 (550PP SS)
Lamborghini Reventon '08 (600PP SS) - Retune
Lexus LFA ’10 (500PP SS)
Lexus LFA ’10 (500PP SH)
Lotus Elise Sport 190 ’98 (500PP SS)
Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12 (600PP RH)
600 PP Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) '94. (With flat floors, body kit and spoiler.)
Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype ’04 (Retune)
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ’71 (550PP SS)
TVR Tamora ’02 (500PP SS)
TVR T350C ’03 (500PP SS)

I also realise that due to my 400PP section being full of CS tyre tunes (which is great for career mode), I do not have many SH tyre cars within this PP range which means I get left behind very quickly during online races so I may convert a few of my CS tunes into SH tunes in order to stand a chance online.

I do get occasional requests from people and I'm not saying that I won't work on other stuff, I will accept requests but don't expect a speedy tune to come back your way at the moment.. There isn't enough hours in the day to do it all. I will tuning up a few cars this weekend as I have the TV to myself so you can expect a few new tunes heading your way, not sure which ones but some should be completed.

Anyway, Hope to see you online racing soon and keep commenting on tunes you use. I like to read other peoples views and opinions on what I create. :)
I realy enjoyed yesterdays online Match but it was a little short...I have only a few Days more to join a online Match because on 8th of October i have to visit the Hospital for a medical surgical and i need to stay 2 or 3 Weeks there without PS3 :(

I realy enjoyed yesterdays online Match but it was a little short...I have only a few Days more to join a online Match because on 8th of October i have to visit the Hospital for a medical surgical and i need to stay 2 or 3 Weeks there without PS3 :(

Oh mate...sorry to hear that...that sucks.....but if it sorts your leg out...then it's a small price to pay...but i would still be gutted not to have the PS3 with me...By the way...is there a bad problem that has to be fixed or is it procedure...with a broken..to have surgery...this far into the healing process.?
Whatever you have to have done mate...i wish you good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery....so we have to have an online race before the 8th...👍

:cheers:

Hi Chris,

Wishing you all the best for a comfortable stay in hospital, with some very good looking nurses & a speedy recovery.

Hi Chris,

Wishing you all the best for a comfortable stay in hospital, with some very good looking nurses & a speedy recovery.
Oh mate...sorry to hear that...that sucks.....but if it sorts your leg out...then it's a small price to pay...but i would still be gutted not to have the PS3 with me...By the way...is there a bad problem that has to be fixed or is it procedure...with a broken..to have surgery...this far into the healing process.?
Whatever you have to have done mate...i wish you good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery....so we have to have an online race before the 8th...👍

:cheers:
Thank you Pete and Badger....They will replace the Iron from my Bone and some nurses don't look that bad :) I can visit this forum with my smartphone so i will always know whats going on.... cheers guys :cheers:

TommyKaira ZZII '00

600PP
607 BHP
920kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Custom Wing Type B

FC Sus

F/R
80/80
8.00/11.00
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.916
2nd 2.244
3rd 1.749
4th 1.419
5th 1.194
6th 1.052
Set final gear to 3.300

FC LSD
F/R
10/16
14/20
16/24
Torque Dist Centre Diff
35:65

Set power limiter to 96.0%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Downforce

F/R
150/350
No ballast

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Very fast car, handles well, lots of grip available. Drive it sensibly and it will pay you back with good, consistent times.

View attachment 129977

Spa 500PP Seasonal Winner! 👍

Great car, glued to the track, even detuned still very competitive. Leader on the end of lap 2 (rabbit F40). The rest of the race was soooo boring...

👍

Transmission setup guidelines for Exeter GT Tunes

When I create a transmission, unless the car is setup for a specific seasonal, the final gear (once the gears have been set) can be adjusted to suit any track you drive the car at. If the gears seem overly long, it may be due to the track that I initially tested at or high speed runs I was undertaking.

The only gears which need to be kept the same are those that are tuned for a single special (or seasonal) event or FITT entries as they are bespoke gear settings to get the maximum amount of speed out of the tune I have created.
Hi Shaun,

What I meant here,
Beautiful!

I've altered the gearbox only. Managed to win Ascari 10-laps, without pit stop. :cheers: 👍

wasn't about the already known final gear. I've shortened all gears for this beauty. 👍

I will just leave this here, just posted in The Car Of the Month thread:

@@shaunm80 's Corvette Zo6 '00 (do not paint it pink)

With the new Seasonal up and wanting to review a car other than my own, I grabbed a new '00 Z06 and threw Shaun's tune at it. Left it in Millenium Yellow, and headed to the Seasonal and onto the track. Took a lap and a half to figure out braking zones and to get comfortable with car, noted a few things. First, too much final gear, need to shorten that up. Second, braking late would smoke the outside front tire and slide threw the turn, not bad at all and completely workable. Third, pushing in the tight early section would result in just a touch of manageable understeer. Took the lead just before turn 1 on lap three, good now I can get rid of the AI and see how this car handles on it's own and try for a good lap. On lap 5, for some reason I looked down at the lower left corner and found something, I still had Sports Hard tires on the car! Wow! Managed a lap of 1:25.349 on the final lap, believing the final gear would be the biggest issue. Collected my pay and paint, off to the garage and slap on some new rubber, Sport Softs, and adjusted the final drive to 3.200.....enough?
Now back to the track and punish the AI for taking up my time. Turn 1 I felt the difference in grip, amazing. I tend to roll off throttle through the center, it's how I drive along with easy in-fast out approach. Great rotation, better with tires that have more grip. Through the early switchbacks, lifting off throttle, then point and shoot, it would go right where I wanted when I wanted. Outstanding handling in this car and I could not break the rear loose or smoke the tires on exit. I also did not really use 6th gear at all, maybe once heading for turn 1 on lap 4. More gear would fix that but this car was absolutely fabulous as is. Fastest lap was now down to 1:21.424, driving really only at about 90-95%, not pushing too hard either.
Thought it would be a good idea to also do the Pro Seasonal at Spa with this tune, also 500pp on SS. Instead I took it to Spa in Arcade mode because I wanted to see if I needed a final gear adjustment. Ran 2 laps, final gear is just fine, with the AI, drafting would likely hit the limiter. First lap I messed up quite a few corners (I am not that fast at Spa, LeSarthe or Mt. Panorama to be honest :ill:) but not too bad. The grip was awesome, car felt perfectly planted and fun to drive. The second lap I pushed a little more and had no problems as the car begged to stretch it's legs. Braking, trans and suspension felt as though they were made to run here. Again, I only ran 2 laps, but did manage a 2:35.694, which for me is not bad with a 500pp/326hp car!
In the end, I love this car, now need to revisit my '00 Z06 and see if it is as good. Likely not, and I see why Shaun seems to always get better Driver Choice Scores than I do in FITT Challenges. This tune reminded me so much of GT3 when this was my favorite go to car. Back then I would simply lower the suspension, tighten the springs and dampers, slap on some sticky rubber and go. I like cars that handle well with tons of grip and this tune is that! I no longer run RS tires, I prefer SS, but this tune will have you checking to see if someone in the garage snuck Racing tires on it.

Tested with ABS 1 only, DS3 with Sensitivity at 2.
Well done Shaun - I think I am starting to hate you:lol::lol: Not really, but stop painting my rides Pink, you know how much I love Blue :cool:

I will just leave this here, just posted in The Car Of the Month thread:

@@shaunm80 's Corvette Zo6 '00 (do not paint it pink)

With the new Seasonal up and wanting to review a car other than my own, I grabbed a new '00 Z06 and threw Shaun's tune at it. Left it in Millenium Yellow, and headed to the Seasonal and onto the track. Took a lap and a half to figure out braking zones and to get comfortable with car, noted a few things. First, too much final gear, need to shorten that up. Second, braking late would smoke the outside front tire and slide threw the turn, not bad at all and completely workable. Third, pushing in the tight early section would result in just a touch of manageable understeer. Took the lead just before turn 1 on lap three, good now I can get rid of the AI and see how this car handles on it's own and try for a good lap. On lap 5, for some reason I looked down at the lower left corner and found something, I still had Sports Hard tires on the car! Wow! Managed a lap of 1:25.349 on the final lap, believing the final gear would be the biggest issue. Collected my pay and paint, off to the garage and slap on some new rubber, Sport Softs, and adjusted the final drive to 3.200.....enough?
Now back to the track and punish the AI for taking up my time. Turn 1 I felt the difference in grip, amazing. I tend to roll off throttle through the center, it's how I drive along with easy in-fast out approach. Great rotation, better with tires that have more grip. Through the early switchbacks, lifting off throttle, then point and shoot, it would go right where I wanted when I wanted. Outstanding handling in this car and I could not break the rear loose or smoke the tires on exit. I also did not really use 6th gear at all, maybe once heading for turn 1 on lap 4. More gear would fix that but this car was absolutely fabulous as is. Fastest lap was now down to 1:21.424, driving really only at about 90-95%, not pushing too hard either.
Thought it would be a good idea to also do the Pro Seasonal at Spa with this tune, also 500pp on SS. Instead I took it to Spa in Arcade mode because I wanted to see if I needed a final gear adjustment. Ran 2 laps, final gear is just fine, with the AI, drafting would likely hit the limiter. First lap I messed up quite a few corners (I am not that fast at Spa, LeSarthe or Mt. Panorama to be honest :ill:) but not too bad. The grip was awesome, car felt perfectly planted and fun to drive. The second lap I pushed a little more and had no problems as the car begged to stretch it's legs. Braking, trans and suspension felt as though they were made to run here. Again, I only ran 2 laps, but did manage a 2:35.694, which for me is not bad with a 500pp/326hp car!
In the end, I love this car, now need to revisit my '00 Z06 and see if it is as good. Likely not, and I see why Shaun seems to always get better Driver Choice Scores than I do in FITT Challenges. This tune reminded me so much of GT3 when this was my favorite go to car. Back then I would simply lower the suspension, tighten the springs and dampers, slap on some sticky rubber and go. I like cars that handle well with tons of grip and this tune is that! I no longer run RS tires, I prefer SS, but this tune will have you checking to see if someone in the garage snuck Racing tires on it.

Tested with ABS 1 only, DS3 with Sensitivity at 2.
Well done Shaun - I think I am starting to hate you:lol::lol: Not really, but stop painting my rides Pink, you know how much I love Blue :cool:
Thanks for the extensive review, You articulate very well. I was a little shocked when you mentioned understeer... I was thinking.. what, on this car?? really.. Then I got a bit further into the text and found your bit about the SH tyres being left on.. You really feel the difference on SS tyres with this tune! This tune has also been used on Ascari 10 lap endurance I believe and completed that without a pit stop... how... I'm not sure but hey, if it works ill roll with it!

I got my first easy win on the wet seasonal race with this car, it might be the underdog compared to its competition but what an underdog! This car has reaffirmed my belief that all american muscle cars can be tuned to be great.. Now I've just got to go back through my other muscle cars and see if I can accomplish the same results. Unlikely at this point in time but in the longer term, there is a lot of potential. Overall, I'm glad you love this tune, thats quite a compliment coming from a tuner who does amazing work on Chevrolets himself.

No more painting your rides pink.. Ill go back to my normal shades of blue which I prefer on muscle cars. My FITT cars do seem to score well in terms of DC.. its a shame that they aren't the fastest at the same time but I'm happy creating tunes which people can find enjoyment in.. Whats the point if noone likes what their driving. :)

Im a bit late to the party with this one but I hope your hospital stay goes well and you have some semi-good looking nurses to watch over you.. You don't wanna make your wife jealous at the end of the day. :) What will probably happen is you'll get a male nurse and no nice females to chat too..
Make sure your wife keeps logging into PSN for the down-time, you don't wanna lose your 200% login bonus. That would be terrible.

Is this your last surgery from your accident or have you got to do more hospital things once this surgery has been finished? Hope its the last, can't be much fun going backwards and forwards.

Im a bit late to the party with this one but I hope your hospital stay goes well and you have some semi-good looking nurses to watch over you.. You don't wanna make your wife jealous at the end of the day. :) What will probably happen is you'll get a male nurse and no nice females to chat too..
Make sure your wife keeps logging into PSN for the down-time, you don't wanna lose your 200% login bonus. That would be terrible.

Is this your last surgery from your accident or have you got to do more hospital things once this surgery has been finished? Hope its the last, can't be much fun going backwards and forwards.
Thank's Shaun....I think it's the last surgery....It's a good idea to show my wife how to lock in because she only play facebook games like bubble witch saga or something like that :)

For all my usual contributors, if you have a few minutes and a spare 200K in credits, it would be handy if you could create a tune from the thread below and review it. There hasn't been much activity there since @Bowtie-muscle created the thread and I fully appreciate that Bowtie is trying to keep the difficult car (theme) going. There aren't many people who put in the time and effort to keep these threads alive so I'm just trying to do my bit. I have reviewed a tune that Bowtie created for that thread (and jokingly painted the car pink) but in all seriousness, a few more reviews would be great if possible.

Many thanks to those in advance who can find the time, if not, no problem, I can understand better than most that time is precious and not everyone has the time to do these things.

The thread is:

Car of the Month October - Featuring the C5 Vette! (the next difficult car thread)

This is excellent news. Sebastian is leaving Redbull at the end of this season and they are promoting another Daniel into the hot seat :) Two youngsters in Redbull again! Vettel driving a Ferrari... If Ferrari continue their car development the same way that they have this year, Vetttel will win as much there as he has this year at Redbull.

This is excellent news. Sebastian is leaving Redbull at the end of this season and they are promoting another Daniel into the hot seat :) Two youngsters in Redbull again! Vettel driving a Ferrari... If Ferrari continue their car development the same way that they have this year, Vetttel will win as much there as he has this year at Redbull.
This news is 4 years too late if you ask me.
Proves just how loyal that little 🤬 is.

I don't think Vettel is faster than Alonso...my only hope is that Ferrari can close the gap to Mercedes with the new engine for 2015

Last edited:
I don't think Vettel is faster than Alonso...my only hope is that Ferrari can close the gap to Mercedes with the new engine for 2015

View attachment 234495
Doesn't matter what colour overalls a driver wears, the amount of skill they have can only be truly defined by the car they drive.. It would be nice to see Ferrari bringing a better fight to the Mercedes but i just don't see it right now.. Nor next year if I'm being honest. Ferrari isn't the goto car these days.

Doesn't matter what colour overalls a driver wears, the amount of skill they have can only be truly defined by the car they drive.. It would be nice to see Ferrari bringing a better fight to the Mercedes but i just don't see it right now.. Nor next year if I'm being honest. Ferrari isn't the goto car these days.
I fear you are right. Ferrari and Renault will come closer but the Question is how close...and who knows how fast Honda will become :)

I'll tell you all right now, if Ferrari suddenly discover speed over the off-season, it'll be soooo painful to me, I won't be able to watch it.

On another note, how do all these musical chairs moves work out if Formula One goes to 3 cars per team next year? There's more than a very good chance the struggling teams like Caterham won't be around so just how many cars will be in the grid next year?

I'll tell you all right now, if Ferrari suddenly discover speed over the off-season, it'll be soooo painful to me, I won't be able to watch it.

On another note, how do all these musical chairs moves work out if Formula One goes to 3 cars per team next year? There's more than a very good chance the struggling teams like Caterham won't be around so just how many cars will be in the grid next year?
It would need 2 teams to leave F1 before FIA ask the other teams to have 3 cars running. In honesty, I am not against this as it means more drivers, more cars, more action on track but they would have to address the running costs of F1 as an extra car would cost a big team about 25-30million per year?. The the FIA is all about cost saving.. so the whole philosophy of F1 may have to change to accommodate this desired format.

I'm Ferrari fan no matter who sit in and fairness was never part of F1...free Transportation only for the fast (rich) Teams

Well I'll be watching the British superbikes and world superbikes..

Gets coat ... leaves...:lol:.
Bike racing is okay.. I find MotoGP interesting sometimes as they have epic wipeouts and you see guys with broken wrists and legs throwing themselves around a race track.. those guys are nuts but very cool for riding even after they are flung off a pocket rocket at 160mph.

I love moto gp and superbikes not really into cars even though I've been playing gt since it started..

Gonna drive the wife nuts tomorrow !!..

Btw.. Thanks for all the great work !..

Ive just realised, I have no pictures on this page of my thread other than one of Seb Vettel.. This can't be right and needs amending right now.

P1050284.JPG

Ah much better. Lewis Hamilton driving the McLaren F1 car from a few years back. :) Does everyone notice that there is no male anatomy parts poking out the front? A much better look all round in my opinion. Sounded better too.. Infact, it was just generally better..

Latest GT6 Seasonal Events
SRT Viper SRT10 ‘03

500PP
337 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres

|500PP|SH|STD BRAKES 6/6|NO AIDS|ABS 0|G27|
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway_4.jpg Autumn Ring_4.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway * Autumn Ring​
SRT Viper SRT10 ‘03

500PP