Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
BMW M4 M Performance Edition

550PP
507 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
8.75/11.75
5/4
4/4
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.094
2nd 2.459
3rd 1.952
4th 1.611
5th 1.371
6th 1.202
7th 1.086
Set final gear to 3.325
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/15/22
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 18kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This tune may feel a little stiff at first, but go with it, it will let you push through corners and you shouldn't notice any oversteer or understeer occurring as long as you hit the apex correctly. The rear is planted (firmly) and will give you great acceleration out of corners, If you want a looser rear end, Let me know and I can amend the suspension to give the car a little more freedom.

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Last edited:
BMW M4 M Performance Edition

600PP
738 BHP
1250kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/110
9.25/11.70
7/6
5/7
2/4
0.8/1.0
-0.05/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.094
2nd 2.462
3rd 1.989
4th 1.639
5th 1.384
6th 1.206
7th 1.086
Set final gear to 2.640

FC LSD
10/12/8
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 18kgs to Position 50

Again, this tune has been made on the "safe side". It will show hints of understeer going into some corners but it was better than having a neutral balance car which when it hit the limit of its grip in the corner, it would just oversteer and shoot you off the circuit without warning. This tune may not fit everyone but it makes this high powered machine easy to drive, quick in a straight line and has fairly agile cornering ability for a car with so much HP going through the rear tyres. Feedback is always appreciated on this car, id be interested to know what you feel about it and if I've been a little too safe with this tune.

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Last edited:
BMW M4 Coupe

500PP
345 BHP
1250kgs

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type B
Rear Wings - Custom Wing - Type A
Other - Part A

Standard Size Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
7.25/9.75
5/3
4/4
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.982
2nd 2.376
3rd 1.889
4th 1.546
5th 1.309
6th 1.150
7th 1.047
Set final gear to 3.450
(Adapt final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/14/20
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 81.3%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 13kgs to Position 50
Downforce - Set to 15

Circuito di Roma.jpg

Circuito di Roma_2.jpg

Circuito di Roma_1.jpg

Last edited:
BMW M4 Coupe

500PP
345 BHP
1250kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type B
Other - Part A

Standard Size Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
9.50/11.25
5/4
4/5
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.982
2nd 2.376
3rd 1.889
4th 1.546
5th 1.310
6th 1.148
7th 1.047
Set final gear to 3.400

FC LSD
14/16/20
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 81.3%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Downforce - Set to 14

Autumn Ring_1.jpg

Autumn Ring_2.jpg

Autumn Ring.jpg

Last edited:
BMW M4 Coupe

550PP
507 BHP
1250kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type B
Other - Part A

Standard Size Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
8.75/11.00
5/4
4/4
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.094
2nd 2.424
3rd 2.018
4th 1.697
5th 1.440
6th 1.236
7th 1.086
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
12/16/20
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 98.9%
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Downforce - Set to 16

This version is more aggressive than the previous two. You can really push this car into corners and have fun with it. Occasionally, the rear tyres smoke up, a little slide will appear but its easily sorted out and you'll have a laugh with this car. Who says that german cars have to be smooth and precise? :)

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_1.jpg

Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg

Last edited:
Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo

600PP
609 BHP
1380kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
50/50
15.75/21.00
5/4
4/3
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.08

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.801
2nd 3.017
3rd 2.451
4th 2.034
5th 1.720
6th 1.490
7th 1.335
Set final gear to 2.580

FC LSD
10/14/22

Set power limiter to 96.7%

Downforce
F/R
375/800

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

I will call this a mark 1 tune. It is good, it handles well, When I have more time to really refine this tune, I shall make small amendments but for now, this car is an aggressive 4wd car which feels really good on SS tyres. Enjoy :)

Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg

Last edited:
Love the 550PP M4 Coupe! Are you going to release a, more extreme, 600PP version? :crosseshisfingers:
Probably yes. It can go that high quite easily but that will be a tune for the other day. Once my other half gets home and I've made tea, I have to do some more studying for uni this week so my fun time will be over for tonight. I do have a second M4 awaiting higher spec tunes though. Have no fear. :)

Probably yes. It can go that high quite easily but that will be a tune for the other day. Once my other half gets home and I've made tea, I have to do some more studying for uni this week so my fun time will be over for tonight. I do have a second M4 awaiting higher spec tunes though. Have no fear. :)
Alright then. Great job as always on the tunes.
By the way, did you notice that they slightly changed the sounds while being in cockpit view?

Alright then. Great job as always on the tunes.
By the way, did you notice that they slightly changed the sounds while being in cockpit view?
I haven't but I don't use cockpit view at all so its not something that I would notice. Its good that they have made sounds a little better, even if its only the sound effects in the game. :)

@shaunm80 and guys:

Stage 4 of Sierra - Payout (200%) Cr. 3.100.000

Loads of traffic, rain and absolutely insane AI (crashes into you and hard braking/steering)

Prize (gold): Nissan GT-R Nismo'14 (believe not tuned)

Normal driving counter gives 1.000.000+...
I am going to do this another day. My head isn't in the mood to slam on brakes to avoid collisions with drunk AI cars. It is a good pay out though, I look forward to when I get the gold trophy on this one. :)

@shaunm80

I've tried out most of your BMW M4 tunes you've posted today. The only one i haven't tried out yet is the 600pp version.

Your 550pp tune for the "ordinary" M4 makes me wish we had this back when the 550pp Nurb seasonal was all the hype. This thing is absolutely fabulous on there. It grips the track like no ones business and doesn't complain on the turn-in's.

If i didn't knew better i would've suspected that the tune was tested on that track..:sly:

Anyway.. Great job Shaun.

On a side note.

Before i even knew you'd posted tunes for this car i went on to create one of my own. I noticed by looking at your tune sheet that we aren't too different in our choices. Your tune, sitting untouched will lap Nurb in 7:01-7:04's consistently. My version has dipped below the 7min mark, but only just. Mine has a tad stiffer and lower suspension setting and a slightly different gearing. Not too much that differs tbh.

I'm sure i can get her below the 7min barrier with a few minor tweaks though.

Oh, almost forgot. Your drift tune you posted earlier.. An absolute riot of a tune.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Wow. I put all three BMW M4 Coupe tunes on my three available tabs. Both the 500PP tunes are great. Even the tune with SH tires really grips the road so well. I ran all three tunes on the Nurburgring Nordschleife just now. The 550PP tune is a real animal. It just wants more and more throttle so it can chew up more pavement. The suspension and SS tires are tuned perfectly. Yes, the rear wants to come out and play a little bit, but that's a good thing!

On a track like Nordschleife drivers might want to lower the Final Gear for a little bit more top send speed, but you really don't have to. I thought about adjusting mine, just a tad, but I think I'll keep it where it is. Not every car is supposed to go 200MPH! :rolleyes:

You've really outdone yourself with these tunes @shaunm80! Very rarely do I have a three tabs dedicated to just one tuner and his variations, but it's totally worth it in this case.

I have a question about the BMW M4 M Performance Edition. Is it different from the M4 Coupe in any way mechanically? The specs in the dealership look identical to me. I'm just curious because I noticed that your 550PP tunes are slightly different in the suspension and transmission setups between the two cars. Was that just a personal thing or do they actually behave slightly different?

A Spec Time Trial Events (Updated 20/11/14)

P1010254.jpg

You all know the drill. If you use a tune to complete any of the challenges beneath, let me know which tune you used. Quote the original post if you are able as it makes it easier for me to link back. :)

Light Car Rocket Company Super Lap (620PP SH)
Light Car Company Rocket '07 (600PP SS - See post 4524)
Light Car Company Rocket '07 (616PP SH)

Racing Car Super Lap (600PP RH)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

2WD Normal Car Drift Trial
BMW M4 M Performance Edition (Drift Setup)
Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup)

Racing Car Drift Trial
Toyota 86 "Racing" '13 (Drift Setup)

Last edited:
@shaunm80

I've tried out most of your BMW M4 tunes you've posted today. The only one i haven't tried out yet is the 600pp version.

Your 550pp tune for the "ordinary" M4 makes me wish we had this back when the 550pp Nurb seasonal was all the hype. This thing is absolutely fabulous on there. It grips the track like no ones business and doesn't complain on the turn-in's.

If i didn't knew better i would've suspected that the tune was tested on that track..:sly:

Anyway.. Great job Shaun.

On a side note.

Before i even knew you'd posted tunes for this car i went on to create one of my own. I noticed by looking at your tune sheet that we aren't too different in our choices. Your tune, sitting untouched will lap Nurb in 7:01-7:04's consistently. My version has dipped below the 7min mark, but only just. Mine has a tad stiffer and lower suspension setting and a slightly different gearing. Not too much that differs tbh.

I'm sure i can get her below the 7min barrier with a few minor tweaks though.

Oh, almost forgot. Your drift tune you posted earlier.. An absolute riot of a tune.

:cheers:
Thanks for the kind review. I did those M4 tunes in record time, I haven't published 6 tunes in a single afternoon for a long time so its good to see that they worked well for others too. I was very happy with how the 550PP BMW Animal tune turned out. It reminds me of a dog on steroids, it always seems to want more and is willing to dig its teeth in if it doesn't get it.

I just used the BMW M4 M Peformance Edition drift tune on the new seasonal. Very easy win, It eats up the track effortlessly. You should be able to score mega points with it!

Wow. I put all three BMW M4 Coupe tunes on my three available tabs. Both the 500PP tunes are great. Even the tune with SH tires really grips the road so well. I ran all three tunes on the Nurburgring Nordschleife just now. The 550PP tune is a real animal. It just wants more and more throttle so it can chew up more pavement. The suspension and SS tires are tuned perfectly. Yes, the rear wants to come out and play a little bit, but that's a good thing!

On a track like Nordschleife drivers might want to lower the Final Gear for a little bit more top send speed, but you really don't have to. I thought about adjusting mine, just a tad, but I think I'll keep it where it is. Not every car is supposed to go 200MPH! :rolleyes:

You've really outdone yourself with these tunes @shaunm80! Very rarely do I have a three tabs dedicated to just one tuner and his variations, but it's totally worth it in this case.

I have a question about the BMW M4 M Performance Edition. Is it different from the M4 Coupe in any way mechanically? The specs in the dealership look identical to me. I'm just curious because I noticed that your 550PP tunes are slightly different in the suspension and transmission setups between the two cars. Was that just a personal thing or do they actually behave slightly different?

As I mentioned above, the 550PP is a good one, even I whole hearted agree with you and the Lord on that one. As for your other questions, I do not know if the 550PP tune from the ordinary M4 will work on the M Performance Edition as I haven't tried it. I always start a fresh car from scratch, it is a habit of mine as I like to individualise cars. If PD are doing their usual, it probably will work on the M Performance Pack and I shall buy another one at some point and try it out for myself but feel free to give it a go and let me know how the safety car works with it in the mean time.

I am glad you liked the tunes, Hopefully they can produce some good wins for you in the future.

Thanks for the kind review. I did those M4 tunes in record time, I haven't published 6 tunes in a single afternoon for a long time so its good to see that they worked well for others too. I was very happy with how the 550PP BMW Animal tune turned out. It reminds me of a dog on steroids, it always seems to want more and is willing to dig its teeth in if it doesn't get it.

I just used the BMW M4 M Peformance Edition drift tune on the new seasonal. Very easy win, It eats up the track effortlessly. You should be able to score mega points with it!

As I mentioned above, the 550PP is a good one, even I whole hearted agree with you and the Lord on that one. As for your other questions, I do not know if the 550PP tune from the ordinary M4 will work on the M Performance Edition as I haven't tried it. I always start a fresh car from scratch, it is a habit of mine as I like to individualise cars. If PD are doing their usual, it probably will work on the M Performance Pack and I shall buy another one at some point and try it out for myself but feel free to give it a go and let me know how the safety car works with it in the mean time.

I am glad you liked the tunes, Hopefully they can produce some good wins for you in the future.

I've tried it out. It has no problem shredding tyres, or tarmac for that matter. hehe.. It's a bit of a loon but i'll give it a few more runs in order to try and tame it, if that's even possible..

Interesting set of seasonals this time around, no doubt about that.

Have you had a chance to look at the new Sierra time rally event yet? I have.... It went...uhm... quite well i'd say.

Last edited:
I've tried it out. It has no problem shredding tyres, or tarmac for that matter. hehe.. It's a bit of a loon but i'll give it a few more runs in order to try and tame it, if that's even possible..

Interesting set of seasonals this time around, no doubt about that.

Have you had a chance to look at the new Sierra time rally event yet? I have.... It went...uhm... quite well i'd say.
This morning i got gold at Sierra but your points are amazing 👍:cheers:

A Spec Time Trial Events (Updated 20/11/14)

View attachment 258850

You all know the drill. If you use a tune to complete any of the challenges beneath, let me know which tune you used. Quote the original post if you are able as it makes it easier for me to link back. :)

Racing Car Super Lap (600PP RH)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
Apricot hotlap with the TS030, easy win, got 1:14,842 with my first full lap.
I used your 615pp tune, and did the same with the 13th nov expert race.
Power to 88.5%
final gear at 3.075
automatic gearbox
Traction=1
abs=1
DS3=6

Tune is here

Last edited:
Light Car Company Rocket '07

600PP
256 BHP
440kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

LCC Seasonal Gold 1:31:877 with the following changes:
  • Tyres - SPORTS HARD
  • Added Intake Tuning
  • Added Low RPM Turbo
Brings to 617PP/288BHP

Aids (:D this one surely needs) - Active Steering Mild / TCS 2/3 or more according to drive style

Set, match and Done!! Another "great" PD TT :rolleyes:

Link

Last edited:
LCC Seasonal Gold 1:31:877 with the following changes:
  • Added Intake Tuning
  • Added Low RPM Turbo
Brings to 617PP/288BHP

Aids (:D this one surely needs) - Active Steering Mild / TCS 2/3 or more according to drive style

Set, match and Done!! Another "great" PD TT :rolleyes:

Link
I just tried it and I struggled big time. I think I shall have to rebuild a unique tune for this car on this circuit for me to get gold. That will fill a few hours at some point. Glad it helped you get gold though.

You don't need to link at the bottom if you've quoted the original post. It was just so I knew which car and which tune was used so I didn't have to go back through the thread pages :) Im being lazy in my old age.

Edit: The link is right. I have to put SS tyres as thats what the tune is listed under. I just put that they see your post when making changes to get this car to work. :)

FITT Pro Touring GT

Tuned as per FITT regulations - Link here

Aston Martin DB9 '06
(Car painted in Meteorite Silver)

597PP
638 BHP
1400kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type B
Flat Floor Type A
Custom Wing - Type B

Standard Size Rims - Oz Racing Superforgiata

FC Suspension

F/R
95/100
10.30/13.60
5/5
4/5
2/4
2.0/2.5
-0.04/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.027
2nd 2.343
3rd 1.855
4th 1.532
5th 1.292
6th 1.126
Set final gear to 3.140

FC LSD
10/12/15
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 30kgs to Position 50
Downforce - Set to 8

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Driver number 21

Notes to testers - This car may feel a little static at first, give the car 1 or 2 laps to get everything into its working range, then drive this thing as the car wants. It will give you signs of what it likes and doesn't like. I have found this car impossible to spin and it will like you if you go with slower in, faster out. The grip is going to be there as long as you've not cooked your entry into a corner. Enjoy :)

View attachment 252316
View attachment 252317
View attachment 252315

The above settings work quite well with the '03 DB9 as well on Silverstone, it's nearly a second quicker yet 18 HP less .

I used your LCC Rocket '07 Tune for the weekly Seasonal Event also. I installed the Intake Tuning and a Mid RPM Turbo and then lowered my Power to 98.6%. That will give you 291hp and 151lb/ft of torque. If you use the Low RPM Turbo you will only be at 617PP with 288hp and 142lb/ft of torque. I didn't use any aids besides ABS 1 (I never do).

The above settings work quite well with the '03 DB9 as well on Silverstone, it's nearly a second quicker yet 18 HP less .
Thats interesting to hear.. Am I right in thinking that the '03 version doesn't have the flat floor? Could that be the difference in the time? Out of interest, What did you make of the car/tune on the '06 version?

Back