Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
What kind of lap times are you guys averaging around Ascari? I'm curious as to why I can average 2:15 and win gold with some but 2:13 with others and only place 2nd? Is there some sort of bias toward certain cars/makers, or is the rabbit the culprit? Maybe I just need to test more cars... any thoughts?
Sometimes the AI drive slower if you do a slower first lap. That way the game gives you a chance to win easier. If you drive really fast and well the first lap and get a good time, the AI will adjust to that and drive better... Thats what I have found in the past with some events.

If someone here has a steering wheel,please try any shaun tune,Im going to buy a Steering Wheel,but I love shaun tunes and i don't want to change of tuner,thanks

If someone here has a steering wheel,please try any shaun tune,Im going to buy a Steering Wheel,but I love shaun tunes and i don't want to change of tuner,thanks
I have had some responses from wheel users and they have said that they (the ones they have tested) work perfectly on wheels. Get a wheel, give some of them a try and let me know how you get on :)

Honda Gathers Drider Civic '98

400PP
184 BHP
930kgs
Weight Distribution 58:42

Racing Hard Tyres

Intermediate Level Racing Car 500PP Seasonal Winner! 👍

Changed:
  • All Power Parts (484PP)
  • Final Gear - 4.100
Perfect for Madrid. Won against Audi, Delta S4, etc... It just needs a good competitive gearbox. The tyres get red, but no understeer...

Shaun, with your magic touch... 👍

DSC_0007.JPG

I have had some responses from wheel users and they have said that they (the ones they have tested) work perfectly on wheels. Get a wheel, give some of them a try and let me know how you get on :)

@danbojte can confirm it... :) And he is a top GT6 driver...

EDIT: DP! :ouch:

I confirm. :) Get a wheel and you'll feel like you've bought a new game. You'll have GT 6.9. ;) Shaun's tunes are working great. 👍

Can think of anyone better... 👍

Spoon S2000 Race Car '00

483PP
310 BHP
1050kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

Intermediate Level RC 500PP Madrid Seasonal Winner!

Another one perfect for it! Supreme grip, agility and cornering capability. No understeer or oversteer... 👍

Can think of anyone better... 👍

Intermediate Level RC 500PP Madrid Seasonal Winner!

Another one perfect for it! Supreme grip, agility and cornering capability. No understeer or oversteer... 👍
Spoon race cars are pretty good stock, this tune just made it a little more responsive in the twisty stuff :) Glad to know it works so well on the new seasonal.

What kind of lap times are you guys averaging around Ascari? I'm curious as to why I can average 2:15 and win gold with some but 2:13 with others and only place 2nd? Is there some sort of bias toward certain cars/makers, or is the rabbit the culprit? Maybe I just need to test more cars... any thoughts?
Used Ferrari 458 Italia 0'9 with the tune from @shaunm80 it's do the job. Easy gold

Spoon race cars are pretty good stock, this tune just made it a little more responsive in the twisty stuff :) Glad to know it works so well on the new seasonal.

👍 And they are so many times forgotten...

Saleen S7 '02
550PP
455 BHP
1140kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

Now that February CoTM is revealed, i just figured out I forgot to test this one...
facepalmu.gif

Will do it tomorrow... :) (My memory is falling me...)

I went with a very nice tune from @shaunm80 that he made for an older seasonal event at the very same track. Haven't driven that car for what feels like ages, yet i was still able to hit consistant 2:05's as i did with the older event.

The car i'm speaking of is the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. Slap on Shaun's tune on that and it will give you a big smile on your face as you thrash it around Ascari.

Now I lost my patience with the Suzuki GSX-R/4 ´01.

I´m satisfied with I´m only 00.038 sec behind @LordJCS

3 guys within 4/100's of a second, that's what i call a close call. Let me just say that you and @Otaliema really kept me on my toes on this event. but as they say, "it aint over until the fat lady sings." And so far i aint heard no lady sing, so i'm not holding my breath.

How are you getting along with the GT300 on Brands Hatch?

3 guys within 4/100's of a second, that's what i call a close call. Let me just say that you and @Otaliema really kept me on my toes on this event. but as they say, "it aint over until the fat lady sings." And so far i aint heard no lady sing, so i'm not holding my breath.

That shall have another go today
Have a New gearbox settings to the suzuki that I try out later Today if the lady in da house will let me barrow the tv

The KTM X-Bow is very good at Ascari . Lap times around 2:05 are easy to get, my best lap was 2:01 :)

Saleen S7 '02

550PP
455 BHP
1140kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

Expert Level 550PP NR Car Ascari Seasonal Winner! 👍

First, @shaunm80, my apologies for not testing it sooner... :)

It may called of beast, it may need to be tamed, but at 550PP it has been tamed!! It still needs to be treated has a pilot car (slow in, fast out...), but it is a pleasure to drive.

Superb gearbox settings/ratios, very nice suspension (soft enough to absorve bumps and stiff enough to keep it steady).
Quite agile and somehow nimble, super fast on straight line and with grip enough to corner fast. Remember to still apply the pilot mantra, mainly because on low gears (2nd and below) still has the wheelspin from the torque...

Adapted to Ascari vey nicely, the 1st lap was a bit unknow territory, but after was always testing the car by driving to the limit.

The only issue for me were the brakes, for me, seemed a little weak, especially after long straight to slow corners... But can be prevented by early anticipation and keeping the apex line... 👍

Overall, really enjoyed driving the car, adapted to slow/turny circuits nicely. A great job! :)

Expert Level 550PP NR Car Ascari Seasonal Winner! 👍

First, @shaunm80, my apologies for not testing it sooner... :)

It may called of beast, it may need to be tamed, but at 550PP it has been tamed!! It still needs to be treated has a pilot car (slow in, fast out...), but it is a pleasure to drive.

Superb gearbox settings/ratios, very nice suspension (soft enough to absorve bumps and stiff enough to keep it steady).
Quite agile and somehow nimble, super fast on straight line and with grip enough to corner fast. Remember to still apply the pilot mantra, mainly because on low gears (2nd and below) still has the wheelspin from the torque...

Adapted to Ascari vey nicely, the 1st lap was a bit unknow territory, but after was always testing the car by driving to the limit.

The only issue for me were the brakes, for me, seemed a little weak, especially after long straight to slow corners... But can be prevented by early anticipation and keeping the apex line... 👍

Overall, really enjoyed driving the car, adapted to slow/turny circuits nicely. A great job! :)
Thanks for the review and for the test on Ascari. If I can recall tuning this car correctly, I remember the brakes being hard to setup to get right. too much rear bias and it seemed to unsettle the car so I went for a soft brake option instead.. Front brake bias was dragging the car in the corner making the rear oversteer kick in.. very odd car in terms of braking in all honesty. I am looking forward to seeing how others get on with that aspect of it. :)

Are you happy for me to copy and paste this review into the CoTM thread?

Last edited:
Thanks for the review and for the test on Ascari. If I can recall thing this car correctly, I remember the brakes being hard to setup to get right. too much rear bias and it seemed to unsettle the car so I went for a soft brake option instead.. Front brake bias was dragging the car in the corner making the rear oversteer kick in.. very odd car in terms of braking in all honesty. I am looking forward to seeing how others get on with that aspect of it. :)

👍 I noticed it during the race, if I applied hard braking the rear started to loose a bit... In the 1st lap I found it weird, but adapted to braking process made me forgot about it... :)

Are you happy for me to copy and paste this review into the CoTM thread?

Please :bowdown: do and thank you, totally forgot to add to CoTM thread... :grumpy:

Well I'll e taking a go on Monday at Tsukuba again, so will see how it falls.
Brands hatch? I haven't even gotten around the track lol 70% water and I'm still learning the wheel -_- might just go get that done with the ds3 for the credits.

That shall have another go today
Have a New gearbox settings to the suzuki that I try out later Today if the lady in da house will let me barrow the tv
Well here's to hoping it works well make this more interesting

You can only get faster, keep going with it. How does it work with my tunes? does it work as well as with the DS3?
For the most part DS3 to Wheel works great, the car feels more planted. It's wheel to DS3 that the problems come in as we can feel the wheels breaking free we know exactly where the edge is so can tune for it, where this is an issue is people that have not been playing for 10 years that don't know the look, sound and rumble just loose the car.

Back