Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Hey Guys , what do you think about the Bertone VGT ? I'm not sure about this thing :confused:

bertone-vision-gt-2.jpg

Hey Guys , what do you think about the Bertone VGT ? I'm not sure about this thing :confused:

View attachment 330260
Is this thing out yet? It looks very futuristic. I'm away for the weekend so can't check the PS3 for a few days.

Used the Renault Clio RS tune for the 450pp Hot Hatch seasonal. Worked out great, and it wins every time.
Excellent win. I will have to add this to the list as soon as I get on my mac book pro. It's a little too technical to update the lists with an iPad. :)

@shaunm80, I'm a big fan of your Lotus Elise 500PP tune. I would like to run your tune, but modified, at 450PP for this week's expert level seasonal event. Also, I have been thinking, for quite some time, that it would be nice to have a 450PP tune of this car anyway... So, I'm hoping maybe you could advise me on the best way to lower that car to 450PP but keep the best features of that tune. I mean, obviously I could get rid of all of the weight reduction. That gets me to 485PP already. Now, I could arbitrarily remove Power addon's and then fiddle with the Power % or I could just lower the Power % all the way to 73.3%. I'd rather get your opinion on the best way to keep this car true to your 500PP tune at the reduced performance level of 450PP.

Thank you for any advice you may have. :) 👍 :cheers:

EDIT: I should have added that perhaps just lowering the Power % IS the best way to do it. We all know that GT6 doesn't apply Power % correctly at all and it benefits the car tremendously.

@shaunm80, I'm a big fan of your Lotus Elise 500PP tune. I would like to run your tune, but modified, at 450PP for this week's expert level seasonal event. Also, I have been thinking, for quite some time, that it would be nice to have a 450PP tune of this car anyway... So, I'm hoping maybe you could advise me on the best way to lower that car to 450PP but keep the best features of that tune. I mean, obviously I could get rid of all of the weight reduction. That gets me to 485PP already. Now, I could arbitrarily remove Power addon's and then fiddle with the Power % or I could just lower the Power % all the way to 73.3%. I'd rather get your opinion on the best way to keep this car true to your 500PP tune at the reduced performance level of 450PP.

EDIT: I should have added that perhaps just lowering the Power % IS the best way to do it. We all know that GT6 doesn't apply Power % correctly at all and it benefits the car tremendously.
I know this was directed for Shaun, but the best scenarios I've found for raising/lowering a tune to fit pp is to find a similar or lower power to weight ratio. First thng I try is only adjusting the limiter like you said. The next thing I try is removing power/weight parts that dont affect the transmission ratios. I know you aren't a newb, but I hope this helps :cheers:

I know this was directed for Shaun, but the best scenarios I've found for raising/lowering a tune to fit pp is to find a similar or lower power to weight ratio. First thng I try is only adjusting the limiter like you said. The next thing I try is removing power/weight parts that dont affect the transmission ratios. I know you aren't a newb, but I hope this helps :cheers:
Thanks! I appreciate the suggestions. What you suggested is pretty much exactly what I've done to my new Elise 111R. 👍 :cheers:

I am now back from being away in North Devon. I think I have answered all the pertinent questions below but let me know if I missed one. Later on, I shall go through and add all the cars to the list which I haven't had chance to yet. However, For the moment however, i must work on the FITT tune. Is anyone else joining in with FITT this month as a tuner??

Hey @shaunm80 I forgot to say when I use your Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 (450pp SH) P2 +40
I done the oil change and add the right power parts before I did the transmission I set the final gear to 5.000 and set the max speed to min the gears did not match. So what I did to find the matching gears is to change the final gear to 4.746 and then I had no problem matching the gears, but I do not think I done anything wrong. Can you check this thanks.
Set final gear to 4.500 apparently so I have been told. :)

What he said :)

Server Maintenance at Wednesday.... that means normaly a Update is coming or the new VGTs .... But i bet it's a update :bowdown:
Perhaps it is the alien looking car.. Hm. Not sure they will make it tuneable if it is that one.

I am now back from being away in North Devon. I think I have answered all the pertinent questions below but let me know if I missed one. Later on, I shall go through and add all the cars to the list which I haven't had chance to yet. However, For the moment however, i must work on the FITT tune. Is anyone else joining in with FITT this month as a tuner??

Set final gear to 4.500 apparently so I have been told. :)

What he said :)

Perhaps it is the alien looking car.. Hm. Not sure they will make it tuneable if it is that one.

i think it's the Alpine VGT that's around the corner this time around.

Edit-I forgot to add the tune to multi-quote. Oops:dunce:
This tune has withstood the test of time very well. I don't think I have rigidity improvement on mine but I removed weight reduction 3 and added stage 3 turbo then adjusted power limiter to thw 96% range I think (off the top of my head). This car gives better lap times than the 111R at Madrid by about 2 seconds. Well done again, sir :cheers:
Lotus Elise '11 (Full Aero Package)

PP 450pp
Max Power 176bhp
Weight 840kg
Weight Dist 44:56

Buy full area kit (including flat floor)
Change wheels inch up 2
Change oil and rigidity improvement from pit garage.
Sports Hard Tyres
Racing Brake Kit

Downforce set to Level 12
Weight reduction stage 3
Carbon Bonnet and Window weight reduction
Ballast 76kg @ -50

Suspension
F/R

80/80
4.78 / 8.41
7/7
6/6
2/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.04/0.12
Brake 4/2

LSD (FC)
10/8/20
Triple plate clutch

Power Parts
sports ecu
racing exhaust
exhaust manifold
catalytic converter

Set power to 99%

FC Trans
set to 5000 final gear
max speed 112mph
1st 2.949
2nd 2.282
3rd 1.814
4th 1.514
5th 1.300
6th 1.131
set final gear to 3400

Works well on city circuits and twisty tracks. Low top speed means its not suited to circuits like Monza.

elise11-jpg.111848

Last edited:
Back