Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
I use this tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-x2014-junior.291084/page-147#post-10404742 .....the Viper Concept is faster on the straigt but the Viper STR 10 ACR has more grip .. it takes 100+ laps to get this time , it's not easy
No wonder o couldn't keep up in the straights... Lol
All though I did managed a transmission that let me keep up ;)
I just couldn't hang the corners

The WR list first time I was so high up on that
Well done sir 👍 On Monday I'll take a pic of the transmission I'm using and post it, 270km/h front down hill speed and uphill speed of 265 km/h I'm sure a tweak to 6th could boost that downhill speed but honestly you don't need it

I never thought i can be faster that Praiano :) ..... time for a beer now

Matterhorn.JPG

Last edited:
What a fantastic tune, shaun! I was quite surprised at the lack of Ferrari F430 tunes. Everybody seems to jump all over the 430 Scuderia instead. Unfortunately, I made a copy of this tune onto Tab B to use the default transmission since it will just revert back to default values if I try using the tranny supplied with this tune. I'm sure a fix will be issued fairly soon.

I have a question for you, if you don't mind, Shaun. This isn't a criticism...this isn't meant to open up a debate or anything...it's just plain ole curiosity. Why do you build all of your tunes with TCS=1? I'm assuming you must drive with TCS=1 if you're going to release tunes this way, but perhaps I'm mistaken. If you do drive with traction control set to 1, what is the reason behind that decision? I usually hear the arguments that TCS will actually hurt your lap times and I've always believed that, however, I think the better you are the more it will impact your lap. A total newbie will probably be able to go faster with TCS enabled because it will keep him under control.

Do you find that TCS=1 allows you to get closer to the edge than you can with it turned off? Did it just become a habit and you've stuck with it? Because you are such an established tuner - I would guess that you're not too shabby driving either. I like to pick the minds of drivers, so again, this isn't a criticism or anything... :cheers: 👍 :)
You are right on a number of points you raised. Yes, I do drive with TCS set to 1 when I do races on GT6. I also tune with it on because it makes it easier to drive at the limit and make it a better tune for other people. If you drive my FITT tunes, they are all tuned with TCS set to 0 and they are (mostly) really good, however, they take me twice as long to perfect. Hence I use TCS 1 as it is quicker, easier and better overall for general tunes.

TCS 0 is quicker than TCS 1 but when you use a old DS3, I like to make my life as easy as can be. :) If you ask anyone around this garage, my tunes will work well on TCS 0, sometimes they work better with TCS 0 so you should try them out and see what you can do with it.

I use to be quicker at GT6 but I am out of practice lately due to other university commitments so my times these days are a second or two down on what I use to be able to do. I remember when I could fight with JCS and Chrisspeed for single lap events but not any more.

As I mentioned, the best FITT tunes I have created with no TCS are the Mini Cooper S '11, the recent Mazda RX-8 and the Subaru Impreza tune. They all feel really good and you can throw them around with confidence.

You are right on a number of points you raised. Yes, I do drive with TCS set to 1 when I do races on GT6. I also tune with it on because it makes it easier to drive at the limit and make it a better tune for other people. If you drive my FITT tunes, they are all tuned with TCS set to 0 and they are (mostly) really good, however, they take me twice as long to perfect. Hence I use TCS 1 as it is quicker, easier and better overall for general tunes.

TCS 0 is quicker than TCS 1 but when you use a old DS3, I like to make my life as easy as can be. :) If you ask anyone around this garage, my tunes will work well on TCS 0, sometimes they work better with TCS 0 so you should try them out and see what you can do with it.

I use to be quicker at GT6 but I am out of practice lately due to other university commitments so my times these days are a second or two down on what I use to be able to do. I remember when I could fight with JCS and Chrisspeed for single lap events but not any more.

As I mentioned, the best FITT tunes I have created with no TCS are the Mini Cooper S '11, the recent Mazda RX-8 and the Subaru Impreza tune. They all feel really good and you can throw them around with confidence.
Oh, don't worry... I have MANY of my cars setup with your tunes and they perform magnificently with TCS=0! 👍 I don't religiously follow the FITT threads. Every now and then I poke my head in there to see what's happening, but I don't usually build anything from the FITT threads. I never noticed that your FITT tunes were TCS=0. That's good to know. :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I look forward to building more of your tunes - they've always worked very well for my driving style. I only use tunes from three tuners. I'm sure there are more that would work well with my driving style, but the three builders I have found provide plenty of impressive tunes for my needs. :cheers:

Hi all!

It has been a while since I posted, so I guess it's time for some reviews... :)

Lexus Lexus LF-LC GT "Vision Gran Turismo"

627PP
612 BHP
1075kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Racing Hard Tyres

IA License 600PP WTCC (650PP) Mount Panorama Race Winner!

Kind of hard to describe this one... I guess it reminds me a bit the Pescarolo, superior front grip, but the rear... Oh boy...

The car feels much better with the tune, very competitive and fast. But, for me, does not inspire much trust on driving... The front grip is awesome, allows to attack corners quite fast, but it fails on braking after long straight (MPanorama).

Maybe the tranny bug is affecting the car, but the excessive rear whellspin and lack of grip will always be present. So, a great tune on a not so great car...

I guess it's fair to say this time too much tune for a bellow average car, imo...

Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode

599PP
443 BHP
900kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Racing Hard Tyres

IA License 550PP WTCC (600PP) Mount Panorama Race Winner! 👍

Felt much more reliable and consistent... Good top speed and very fast, great cornering and stable under hard braking....

👍 Much more driveable and funny to... :)

Oh, don't worry... I have MANY of my cars setup with your tunes and they perform magnificently with TCS=0! 👍 I don't religiously follow the FITT threads. Every now and then I poke my head in there to see what's happening, but I don't usually build anything from the FITT threads. I never noticed that your FITT tunes were TCS=0. That's good to know. :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I look forward to building more of your tunes - they've always worked very well for my driving style. I only use tunes from three tuners. I'm sure there are more that would work well with my driving style, but the three builders I have found provide plenty of impressive tunes for my needs. :cheers:
FITT tunes are notoriously hard to get right. They really test my tuning skills and occasionally I create a polished gem which is used by other top tuners. I must be doing something right every once in a while. :)

I hope to keep producing tunes which you can enjoy to drive. I will be finishing off (or attempting too) a new tune which I know all of you will enjoy.

Hi all!

It has been a while since I posted, so I guess it's time for some reviews... :)

IA License 600PP WTCC (650PP) Mount Panorama Race Winner!

Kind of hard to describe this one... I guess it reminds me a bit the Pescarolo, superior front grip, but the rear... Oh boy...

The car feels much better with the tune, very competitive and fast. But, for me, does not inspire much trust on driving... The front grip is awesome, allows to attack corners quite fast, but it fails on braking after long straight (MPanorama).

Maybe the tranny bug is affecting the car, but the excessive rear whellspin and lack of grip will always be present. So, a great tune on a not so great car...

I guess it's fair to say this time too much tune for a bellow average car, imo...

IA License 550PP WTCC (600PP) Mount Panorama Race Winner! 👍

Felt much more reliable and consistent... Good top speed and very fast, great cornering and stable under hard braking....

👍 Much more driveable and funny to... :)
I agree on both points. the Lexus is a "interesting" car. I have to admit. I spent 3 minutes creating both these tunes before I published them. The fact that one works perfectly and the other.. well its an improvement on the stock model is enough for me. You could alter the brake settings to suit your braking needs but I think the issue is the transmission. I can't tell the car when to change gear which means it will produce more wheel spin than I normally leave in any of my tunes. When the transmission is fixed, I shall create a custom transmission to resolve part of the issue. I do agree that the cornering ability of the Lexus is awesome, it just lacks that decisiveness under braking which I, among many, appreciate and rely on when pushing a car to its limits.

I agree on both points. the Lexus is a "interesting" car. I have to admit. I spent 3 minutes creating both these tunes before I published them. The fact that one works perfectly and the other.. well its an improvement on the stock model is enough for me. You could alter the brake settings to suit your braking needs but I think the issue is the transmission. I can't tell the car when to change gear which means it will produce more wheel spin than I normally leave in any of my tunes. When the transmission is fixed, I shall create a custom transmission to resolve part of the issue. I do agree that the cornering ability of the Lexus is awesome, it just lacks that decisiveness under braking which I, among many, appreciate and rely on when pushing a car to its limits.

👍 TY Shaun!

I also believe it's related to the transmission, however your tip on the BB is a nice idea... Gonna do a few tests to see if any significative change will happen...

Back