Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83 (420PP CM Unused FITT Entry) P73 +2176
sadly this tune does not feel quite right because the Shigeno model has different settings, kinda like comparing the amuse s2000 and honda s2000

i would also prefer that one at 500 if possible, otherwise i can live with 450

Last edited:
G'day gents,

Just thought I'd drop in to let you know I'm now living in 2015 :D
My brother got the internet connected this week and was kind enough to let me update to 1.17 :bowdown:
For those that don't remember, I've been playing GT6 for around a year pre-Senna update, whatever version that was. Now I've got that red NEW tag all over my homepage and all these new things to try :)
I'm still offline at home so can't do seasonals but I think all this new stuff will keep me happy for a while.
Cheers :cheers:

G'day gents,

Just thought I'd drop in to let you know I'm now living in 2015 :D
My brother got the internet connected this week and was kind enough to let me update to 1.17 :bowdown:
For those that don't remember, I've been playing GT6 for around a year pre-Senna update, whatever version that was. Now I've got that red NEW tag all over my homepage and all these new things to try :)
I'm still offline at home so can't do seasonals but I think all this new stuff will keep me happy for a while.
Cheers :cheers:
Welcome back to the modern era :) great to have you updated and you should be able to get all the shiny cars now that you can wins with th offline sections. Hope you get your internet sorted soon so you can do the seasonals.

Welcome back to the modern era :) great to have you updated and you should be able to get all the shiny cars now that you can wins with th offline sections. Hope you get your internet sorted soon so you can do the seasonals.
Thanks mate 👍
I went straight to the Senna section and I've aced everything so far except for the Lotus at the old Brands Hatch. That's proving a mite difficult :banghead: That track & those cars - It's given me a new appreciation for the F1 drivers of the period.

Thanks mate 👍
I went straight to the Senna section and I've aced everything so far except for the Lotus at the old Brands Hatch. That's proving a mite difficult :banghead: That track & those cars - It's given me a new appreciation for the F1 drivers of the period.
Yeah have to be brave and trust the car on that track. Took me a spell to get that one right. The first and last turn are the keys to the lap.
Here is too hoping you get interwebs working at your house sooner then 2020 :lol:👍

Yeah have to be brave and trust the car on that track. Took me a spell to get that one right. The first and last turn are the keys to the lap.
Here is too hoping you get interwebs working at your house sooner then 2020 :lol:👍
I don't think the Lotus is all that bad. It's the hand grenade I'm sitting in front off! I'm not having any drama with the first & last corners either. It's getting a good exit out of Surtees onto the GP layout and the old Westfield & Dingle Dell corners that are proving difficult.
The old circuit through those two corners is so narrow, it makes it feel like I'm driving up the Goodwood hillclimb! I've been spoiled with the wide open spaces of the current, modern day circuit. That's the problem.

I don't think the Lotus is all that bad. It's the hand grenade I'm sitting in front off! I'm not having any drama with the first & last corners either. It's getting a good exit out of Surtees onto the GP layout and the old Westfield & Dingle Dell corners that are proving difficult.
The old circuit through those two corners is so narrow, it makes it feel like I'm driving up the Goodwood hillclimb! I've been spoiled with the wide open spaces of the current, modern day circuit. That's the problem.
I guess I've always taken those turns so tight and straight the narrower turns didn't phase me. It was getting used to the speed that the car could take first and last that took me time to get used too.
Just put your outside front wheel on the curbs It causes the tail to come around just a bit letting you go very fast though that set of turns.

I am still short of that gold medal. I can't keep the speed going through the mid section of Brands Hatch and when I do keep the speed, I always brake too late for a tight right corner and slide into the sand when I get back on the power. I haven't tried to get gold on that in a while. Today I have been spending some money on the Crew and bought some new shiny motors. This week I shall be doing some GT6 tuning as my head hasn't been in the right frame of mind for any great creations over the past few days.

What is the update for your own Internet connection @Pete05? I would have thought that you would have gotten somewhere by now if you had the ombudsman involved. Telephone companies never like bad press or interference from investigating bodies.

Also, What tune are you guys using for the F40 seasonal? I should probably use that if you are getting 1.27s or around that time. Well done on that by the way.

I am still short of that gold medal. I can't keep the speed going through the mid section of Brands Hatch and when I do keep the speed, I always brake too late for a tight right corner and slide into the sand when I get back on the power. I haven't tried to get gold on that in a while. Today I have been spending some money on the Crew and bought some new shiny motors. This week I shall be doing some GT6 tuning as my head hasn't been in the right frame of mind for any great creations over the past few days.

What is the update for your own Internet connection @Pete05? I would have thought that you would have gotten somewhere by now if you had the ombudsman involved. Telephone companies never like bad press or interference from investigating bodies.

Also, What tune are you guys using for the F40 seasonal? I should probably use that if you are getting 1.27s or around that time. Well done on that by the way.
Hi @shaunm80 My tune is 38kg to -50 (42/58) LSD 25/5/25 .... Brake 8/3 ... standard transmission with top speed to 180 mph...

90/90
12.8/12.4
9/4
9/4
6/3
0.0/0.0
-0,28/0,60

I hope it helps you to get the Paint Chip and the Credits :)

Hi @shaunm80 My tune is 38kg to -50 (42/58) LSD 25/5/25 .... Brake 8/3 ... standard transmission with top speed to 180 mph...

90/90
12.8/12.4
9/4
9/4
6/3
0.0/0.0
-0,28/0,60

I hope it helps you to get the Paint Chip and the Credits :)
I am fourth with your tune and a custom gear box :) you are a fast driver. With this car. It was still slidy but a lot better than my ss tune with ah tyres on. Thank you very much. :)

Oh. I did it with abs 1 only. That's how good your tune was

Hey Shaun,
I've given up on the headache that is trying to get the internet connected where I live. That's one for the too hard basket! Too many obsticles & I'm happy living where I am so I'm going to let sleeping dogs lye.
I managed to lucky myself a lap & got the gold by just over a tenth of a second.
Moved on to doing laps around Sierra. Got gold in the ABARTH, VW & Ferrari but the GT-R is proving my new nemesis or rather the vision in the rain & those pesky AI. Don't they know someone faster is trying to pass? As the great & now unemployed Jeremy Clarkson used to say, "Get out of the way."
Hope Uni is treating you well.

Ferrari F40 '92 (Drift Setup)

550PP
524 BHP
1275 kgs
Weight Distribution 45:44

Comfort Hard Tyres

Change Oil

Standard Rims (of course)

FC Suspension
F/R
75/85
13.20/21.00
6/5
5/6
1/2
0.0/0.0
-0.16/0.27

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.931
2nd 2.183
3rd 1.678
4th 1.348
5th 1.128
Set final gear to 2.945
(Ignore this, at present.. will work once PD sort out transmission cook up)

FC LSD
30/40/5
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 94.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Ballast - Set 99kgs to Position -50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

View attachment 342286
View attachment 342285

the tune got me the silver (1750) and this comes from a guy that is not a great drift driver. thank you for another brilliant tune. cheers.. tc.

Wow you guys have some great times on these tt seasonals. Nice job everyone :) . I'm having trouble with weight transfer in the F40. It feels really grippy through the turns, then wants to understeer on exit :banghead:. I think I've gotten all I can out of that beast

Edit: If anyone wants to help me balance it, here is what I'm working with

St 2 weight red, ballast 122@-50
St3 engine, sport exhaust, high rpm turbo
Lsd 12/5/14, trip clutch
85/80
10.75/15
7/3
6/4
5/7
0.0/0.0
-.12/.30
Racing brakes 7/5