Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
PLEASE PD change the garage to 1000 cars insted of only 500 cars we can have now

I would imagine that PD set the Garage car limit at 500 because of memory limitations and loading times. Just think about it. When you pull up the garage list it must read some type of data file and pull the image and specs for all of your cars (well, up to 500 of them now). It would be one thing if the PP, weight, power, etc never changed, but they do, so that data file has to be referred to every single time you go into the garage. I don't know if PD was smart enough to actually store a tiny JPG file for each of your cars - the one in Car List - or do they just resize the larger JPG? Overall, I believe it's limited to 500 cars because of the PS3's limitations.

Only Bob can handle this Car. I have it but i's only fast at straight and can't drive around a hairspin
Challenge accepted. I will add this to a list of cars for the future. I will see if my good friend @Otaliema feels up to this challenge too. :)

400PP
MG TF160 '03
HOMMEL BERLINETTE R / S COUPE '99
LOTUS ELISE TYPE 72 '01
Tunes from @shaunm80
500PP
BMW Z4 M COUPE '04
600PP
CHAPPAREL 2D '67 The 500PP and 600PP are tunes from Praiano63
the 600PP challange was a nice battle between the 2J and the 2D:)
I will add these to the list of winners. Thank you very much for the long list. I bet the Lotus Elise Type 72 was great fun around that little track.

I have a custom tune for the Toyota 7. Its about 2.5 seconds faster than the 2J in my hands:scared:. I think a new @shaunm80 Tune could be a real treat :sly:
I have two cars already in progress which are going well. We have another two cars which will be prepared for some spanner time. When I have some time, I will drag the Toyota 7 from the back of the garage and give it a once over, see what happens.

I tried the Toyota 7 and got 3rd place. best lap was 1:06 :)

IMG_20150409_122042.jpg

Is that a stock 7 @chrisspeed281? If not, I would like to use your 2J tune if you wouldn't mind sharing it. I'm sure it is very good as it is your favorite racer and you are much faster driver than me. I've had trouble winning with my own 2J tune. I haven't tried Otaliemas yet. Thanks anyway @shaunm80 for entertaining the idea :cheers:

Now I soon wil be out racing those New Events ..
Be fun to see what happens ....
For the beginner race there I maybe use my Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T and the next I think it wll be A Bmw

400PP
MG TF160 '03
HOMMEL BERLINETTE R / S COUPE '99
LOTUS ELISE TYPE 72 '01
Tunes from @shaunm80
500PP
BMW Z4 M COUPE '04
Audi S3 '02 (450PPSH) P14 +414
600PP
CHAPPAREL 2D '67 The 500PP and 600PP are tunes from Praiano63
the 600PP challange was a nice battle between the 2J and the 2D:)
Sorry double posting :banghead:

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 9/4/15)

View attachment 346017

Any tunes that are used to win the below events from this garage will be added to the list. Let me know which ones to help others find interesting cars in which they can get an epic win.

400PP Beginners' Level Clubman Cup (400PP SH)
Abarth 500 '09 (400PP SH)
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 (400PP SH)
Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99 (400PP SH)
Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 (400PP SH)
Mini Cooper S '07 (450pp SM) - Detuned to 400PP with SH tyres.
MG TF160 '03 (400PP SH)

Intermediate Level Schwarzwald League (500PP SH)
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line (500PP SH)
BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line (500PP SH)
BMW M4 Coupe (500PP SH)
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08 (500PP SH)
Mini Cooper S '11 (450pp SH)
FITT Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Hot Hatch Series - Mini Cooper S '11 (470PP SH)

Expert Level Historic Racing Car Cup (600PP RH)

I personally used your golf I GTI
Tune for the 400 and your z4 M coupe for the 500

I personally used your golf I GTI
Tune for the 400 and your z4 M coupe for the 500
Both good choices. I have added these to the list.

Apricot gold with the BMW 507 '57 detuned to 400pp. I had to block the M3 GTR during the sprint to the finish line. Much more enjoyable than running at 500pp
Another classic which can hold its own against the newer models. Good win for sure. Well done on holding up the GTR for the final long straight, it must have been fun. Again, this has been added to the list.

Many thanks for the responses. If you find any more, let me know :)

👍 I'm guessing it's going to be challenging... :D

Yes, TY! During week still with almost no free time, but trying to slow down a bit... :)
Good to know. Always make time to relax :)

Matterhorn won in 1st try with the Alfa Romero MiTo 1.4 T (@shaunm80 tune) TC off ABS1 fastet lap time 28,779 sec
apricot hill raceway won with Bmw M3 coupé chrome line (@shaunm80 tune) it´s was a sunday trip slowly and easy
TC off ABS1
These were my first choices as well. Very good cars and work perfectly for an easy win.

Anything you don't have that looks like fun ;) @shaunm80 and I are always open to suggestions on cars to pair up on. We like the less seen cars to tune 👍
What about the newer generation Toyota Trueno BZR? I have always been a little curious about how they do. And they are quite cheap so could become a good bargain car

Back