Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Is Bob fast in the 2X for the 700+ races in Super?

Put him in a Rocket Car and do The 24 mins of The Ring. Just don't have Racing Intermediates Tires or he will pit on the first lap, Racing Softs all the way and No Pit Stops!!! 👍 I have a tune for it and the 2X. 👍 @shaunm80 Hope I'm not over stepping my bounds in your garage.
4 Bowing Smileys.gif
Your ZZ II tune got me a 1:17 in the 600PP Seasonal 👍

animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

Put him in a Rocket Car and do The 24 mins of The Ring. Just don't have Racing Intermediates Tires or he will pit on the first lap, Racing Softs all the way and No Pit Stops!!! 👍 I have a tune for it and the 2X. 👍 @shaunm80 Hope I'm not over stepping my bounds in your garage. View attachment 351752 Your ZZ II tune got me a 1:17 in the 600PP Seasonal 👍

View attachment 351753
No worries. I have both of those two cars tuned up as well. A variety of tunes and tuners is great. If one style doesn't quite fit, another may well do.

Your welcome for the ZZII tune. It has been pretty popular since that seasonal came out. Still going strong even after all this time.

On another note.. I left to go to work this morning with only four blue lines to follow in the GT Academy, Now i have 8.. What the heck... Its going to be blue line hell whilst I fight an understeery car to gain 0.196 of a second to get the gold trophy.

I am stuck just above 2.11 still. I gain half a second with a few corners to go and mess it up somehow. Darn thing.

:lol: Don't you worry, my 1st lap was 2:12:xxx :D Gold is yours, you'll see... :)

Be bold on these corners:

Screenshot_3.jpg

And use caution on the remain. If you notice, the S's of Becketts Corner have the cones away from the tarmac, so you can go faster and use the kerb... On Stowe and Luffield I tried to get the car inside the corner the most so I could accelerate earlier... On Abbey and Copse try to get the car the most outside, brake light and hit the gas...

Hope it helps my friend! 👍 (look at me, giving advice like if I'm a pro or something!!
facepalmu.gif
)

Last edited:
:lol: Don't you worry, my 1st lap was 2:12:xxx :D Gold is yours, you'll see... :)

Be bold on these corners my friend:

And use caution on the remain. If you notice, the S's of Becketts Corner have the cones away from the tarmac, so you can go faster and use the kerb... On Stowe and Luffield I tried to get the car inside the corner the most so I could accelerate earlier... On Abbey and Copse try to get the car the most outside, brake light and hit the gas...

Hope it helps my friend! 👍 (look at me, giving advice like if I'm a pro or something!! View attachment 351894)
It is getting too late for me to do anything amazing to improve my time. I shall have a go when I have had a good sleep and feel more energetic tomorrow. Your advice is good and I know what you mean about deceleration. Scrubbing too much speed of kills a lap instantly. This is where a wheel and pedals work so much better. My DS3 can't really replicate that sort of driving very easily.

I'm still above 2:12 so your doing better then me lol.
@cbarbosa ty on the advice on the track. Now to figure out braking points and get ghost button working so can see through the sea of name plates lol
If i can do it (which I will at some point), you can do it. Your a faster driver than me. Keep going.

Be bold on these corners my friend:

Hope it helps my friend! 👍 (look at me, giving advice like if I'm a pro or something!! View attachment 351894)
I finally go gold, and thanks for the driving tips and also the layout of the track. :cheers::cheers:

Due to a massive shortage of credits. I am using my ingenious skills of killing two birds with one stone. I am using Bob to drive a Lexus GT VGT car on the 24 min races in B Spec mode. that should keep him busy whilst I play on the crew and amass credits on there for future purchases. Efficient and fun. :)

A good idea is give him the 2J at nurburgring 24min. Gets you 614,000 credits every half hour. That's what I do as he can do all three laps without pitting

A good idea is give him the 2J at nurburgring 24min. Gets you 614,000 credits every half hour. That's what I do
do you need to baby sit him or just tell him to push it and forget it till he is done?

I set him to push it hard on r3 tires then ignore it for about 28 mins. Sometimes he wants to pit t the end of lap 2 but you can just tell him not to if you choose. He should win either way

On average he ends up a minute ahead but I have seen him get a little over 2

Great job with your tunes
Thank you. I am pleased that they work well for you. I plan on creating more tunes in the future and I hope they serve you well.

do you need to baby sit him or just tell him to push it and forget it till he is done?
I always leave bob on his own and let him decide for himself what he is going to do. He hasn't lost a race for me yet...

A Spec Single Races (Updated 23/4/15)

The Crew™_20150308012534.jpg

A new batch of races are upon us. I could go through my list and add all the 400PP cars which will win the beginners event but that would be pointless. The usual Minis, Alfas etc.. will all win at 400PP. What I am interested to find out is who can find the lowest PP car with the lowest amount of power to win gold. That is a challenge I will set my thread members :)

As for the other two, let me know which tunes you have used for the events and I will add them to the list.

I look forward to seeing what surprises you find hidden in this garage.

Beginners' Level Non Racing Car Challenge (400PP SH)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (450PP SH) - Reduced to 336PP.
Mini Cooper S '05 (400PP SH)
Subaru BRZ S '12 (Shotaliema Tune) (450PP SH) - Remove Power parts and reduce power limiter

Intermediate Level Racing Car Challenge (500PP RH)
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode (599PP RH)
Ferrari 250 GTO CN3729GT '62 (500PP SH-SS)
Mazda Atenza Touring Car (496PP RH)
Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo (529PP RH)
Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 (483PP RH)
Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo (608PP RH)

Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (550PP SH)
BMW M3 GTR '03 (550PP SS) - Reduced to SH Tyres
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (550PP SH)

Last edited:
A Spec Single Races (Updated 23/4/15)

View attachment 352580

A new batch of races are upon us. I could go through my list and add all the 400PP cars which will win the beginners event but that would be pointless. The usual Minis, Alfas etc.. will all win at 400PP. What I am interested to find out is who can find the lowest PP car with the lowest amount of power to win gold. That is a challenge I will set my thread members :)

As for the other two, let me know which tunes you have used for the events and I will add them to the list.

I look forward to seeing what surprises you find hidden in this garage.

Beginners' Level Non Racing Car Challenge (400PP SH)
Mini Cooper S '05 (400PP SH)

Intermediate Level Racing Car Challenge (500PP RH)
Ferrari 250 GTO CN3729GT '62 (500PP SH-SS)
Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 (483PP RH)

Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (550PP SH)
The new Expert Level Event i won only with the Honda NSX Prototyp LM so far :) It's not so easy

IMG_20150423_082335.jpg

The new Expert Level Event i won only with the Honda NSX Prototyp LM so far :) It's not so easy

View attachment 352632
I shall try this car out. I don't enjoy this seasonal at all. The AI are really, really dirty and nearly everyone of them will bash you if you are along side them. PD have made this seasonal a little unrealistic for my liking. Also, when did Monaco become an ice rink? My best tunes that I know are stable feel like I am skating on ice.

I shall try this car out. I don't enjoy this seasonal at all. The AI are really, really dirty and nearly everyone of them will bash you if you are along side them. PD have made this seasonal a little unrealistic for my liking. Also, when did Monaco become an ice rink? My best tunes that I know are stable feel like I am skating on ice.
PD like Sport Hard Tyres so we can skating on ice :) Let Bob make your Credits

Last edited:
Back