Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Brake early. When you push is when it really comes to life. Especially through the Porsche curves. I've tossed away dozens of laps to get to them, just so I can experience how fast the car is through them. Feels awesome. Heart pumping awesome.
You hit the nail right on the head. I am braking to late with this car going into the corners and I will try to brake early, this is the hardest GT Academy for me and the other ones I found them easy to get gold. Thanks for the tip 👍.

Yep. Also, relax. That's even harder than braking early, but seems imperative here. Nice deep breaths on the straights. Good for ya.
I am going to this one another go now, going down the straight when it feels like everything inside the G27 is going to self destruct.

can you not turn off ffb at the wheel ?
No, I give up on this one because I am hitting these things to many times now.
untitled.png

can you not turn off ffb at the wheel ?
Yes by unplugging the power, but so we loose the centering action of the wheel so keeping the car going straight becomes hard, unlike drifting or trick driving where you are seldom going stright this track requires long straight lines and it's so twitchy at low speed being able to turn the wheel 180 degrees in one shot no issues would cause steering lock and over heated tires.
we could turn the settings to one making it almost non responive but then we loose the feel in the turns. I can tell you if I was making a serious go at the leader boards I would turn everything to 1 so I could run for hours with out killing myself.

edit tags don't work ;(
@Sick Lenny Car in question
I did a google search on it, found nothing, other then other classics, GT40s, Cobras, Vettes, etc, to me it looks like a custom Stingray.

Doh, didn't think of that. But now you've tagged sick lenny - don't know him :dopey:. I did also send @Sick Cylinder a wall post.

I thought the hood/bonnet looked like a c3. There is a badge on the front.

Doh, didn't think of that. But now you've tagged sick lenny - don't know him :dopey:. I did also send @Sick Cylinder a wall post.

I thought the hood/bonnet looked like a c3. There is a badge on the front.
yeah wrong tag :banghead: sorry @Sick Lenny ment to tag @Sick Cylinder.
as for the car, I zoomed the logo, it's not a common badge, it's one I don't recognize at all. a Circle with a K in it with spires going above and below in the middle.
google didn't help but I did find a major fail.....
article-2199311-14DEF187000005DC-785_634x286.jpg

WTF MAN!

yeah wrong tag :banghead: sorry @Sick Lenny ment to tag @Sick Cylinder.
as for the car, I zoomed the logo, it's not a common badge, it's one I don't recognize at all. a Circle with a K in it with spires going above and below in the middle.
google didn't help but I did find a major fail.....
article-2199311-14DEF187000005DC-785_634x286.jpg

WTF MAN!
A stretch Ferrari!! I bet the chassis bends like mad! I hope they reinforced the welds when they added the centre bit. What is going on with that rear wing though. no no no. not on a Ferrari.. Redonkulous.

Have you guys (or gals) read the news about SRT Tomahawk VGT? It seems like a very excited car, bit I'm a little worried about the new physics change PD will incorperate to account for the "radical design of the vehicle", as stated by Kaz
As long as they don't mess up the transmission or camber systems again, I will be happy. I am enjoying the freedom that PD give us with tuning up cars lately. Some very nice cars have come around since they resolved a lot of the issues when GT6 first came out.

@chrisspeed281 @shaunm80 the symbol bears a strong resemblance to
200px-Phoenician_aleph.svg.png

Which is part of phoenician alphabet symbol aleph or ' translation is Bull it also bears a strong resemblance to the mathematical symbol not less then.
but thats all I got. It has to be a custom logo for the car owner and I could not find any car manufacturer or established tuner shop using this badge.
Fun fact this symbol over the century's became the modern A

Have you guys (or gals) read the news about SRT Tomahawk VGT? It seems like a very excited car, bit I'm a little worried about the new physics change PD will incorperate to account for the "radical design of the vehicle", as stated by Kaz
i hope PD is not so stupid to change the hole Physics for a VGT

Man, I hope not...you can read the description in the news section, but that's what it sounds like to me. Does the description sound like a MR supercar with FF handling to you? The car looks very long so it may have understeer :banghead:
after wartching the video in the news feed the cr was exibiting problems of snap exit oversteer which is a very common trait with MR cars, entry was spot on so I don't think it will have any understeer.

p1060862-jpg.378639

Hey @shaunm80, do you know what this is?

edit: any ideas @Sick Cylinder

Hi Woodski, thanks for the question - I'm pretty sure that the car is a Kellison J5 GT Coupe from 1966 - the J5 had four headlights, a wheelbase of 102 inches and roof height of 40 inches and was introduced in the early 1960's, the J4 had two headlights and a 39 inch roof height plus a shorter wheelbase of 98 inches and came out in the late 1950's. They were available as turnkey cars, but were very expensive to buy fully built so most were purchased as kits (a J4 was $6700 in 1960). Running gear was normally Chevrolet 283, but some were fitted with Ford engines. Jim Kellison started building cars in 1957 - he passed away in 2004.

17798d1291951954-next-project-just-bought-58-kellison-j5-coupe-kellison-j5-front-small-.jpg

Hi Woodski, thanks for the question - I'm pretty sure that the car is a Kellison J5 GT Coupe from 1966 - the J5 had four headlights, a wheelbase of 102 inches and roof height of 40 inches and was introduced in the early 1960's, the J4 had two headlights and a 39 inch roof height plus a shorter wheelbase of 98 inches and came out in the late 1950's. They were available as turnkey cars, but were very expensive to buy fully built so most were purchased as kits (a J4 was $6700 in 1960). Running gear was normally Chevrolet 283, but some were fitted with Ford engines. Jim Kellison started building cars in 1957 - he passed away in 2004.

17798d1291951954-next-project-just-bought-58-kellison-j5-coupe-kellison-j5-front-small-.jpg
You are a knowledgable chap.. That certainly looks like the car. :)

Wow never would ahve found that completly forgot about kit cars.
aDSCN2183_op_800x600.jpg
Badge matches perfectly.
c2-16.jpg
Jep same car.
American too....What!?!?!

Thanks @Sick Cylinder, you ARE the Oracle :lol: :bowdown:

Back