Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
This car the Bora V6 4motion ´01
is A winner
Even that I have forgot to make the adjustment on the 6 speed gearbox, it still won the race.
it has good accleration,good breaks, nice handles very good but have a little underrsteering.stable under hard breaking.accleration out of corner uhhhhh nice . good tune
I agree, this tune is very good as is. If you want more oversteer, try tuning the rear springs to 95, rear lsd accel to 22, and torque distribution to 26/74. This doesn't upset the balance too much, but the problem is, the car is more likely to lose rear grip and slide more if you push it out of a corner:scared:. If the balance is altered too much, it gets upset and tries to take you for a spin, rather than the other way around:crazy:
Well done on the tune, @shaunm80 :cheers:

Holy BIM BAM youre getting closer to me arrrrrgh
My best time is/and will be forever more 2.15.461. those 2.5 seconds are beyond me. That and I need sleep. :) I don't think ill ever be as quick as you in TT's. I will leave the big battles between the rest of you.

I am glad PD made it slightly easier for pad users.. those 700k of credits will come in useful.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

500PP
365 BHP
1225kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres
Change Oil
Aero Kit Type B

FC Sus
F/R
135/145
11.50/7.50
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.555
2nd 1.940
3rd 1.479
4th 1.201
5th 1.031
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
6/8/12
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger

All other engine parts standards

Set power limiter to 97.0%
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast Set 66kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1. Gearing set at Apricot Hill.

This tune can achieve gold with a 1.19 or less on the new Seasonal Event (5/6/14)

View attachment 128190

Classic American Muscle beats ai cars!!! this setup is AWESOME!! The power & the handling were not a match for the ai cars. Took the lead in each race before the first lap was over. with just enough slide in the rear, any of the courses curves/turn were no problem and no loss of speed. Thank you. cheers. TC.

Honda S2000 06 (seasonal tune)
PP465
BHP 310
Weight 1200
Weight Dist 48:52

FC Suspension
F/R
90/90
9.50/9.00
6/7
5/6
2/3
1.0/2.5
-0.04/0.12

Racing Brake Kit
6/4

FC Trans
Set to 4500 ( think) If the first gear does not match, try 4200. (Can't remember what I initially set)
max speed to 112
1st 3.943
2nd 3.042
3rd 2.445
4th 2.032
5th 1.724
6th 1.496
Set final gear to 3000

FC LSD
6/10/12

Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

set power limiter to 95%

Engine Tuning - Stage 1
Sports ECU
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter sports

Weight Reduction
Stage 1
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight reduction

Ballast
Set 53KG @ Postion 50

My record after a lot of practice with the car. (don't over use the accelerator on the downhill prior to the tight left hander) was 1.58.307 but this car could probably be a lot faster with a smoother driver.

View attachment 111843

just used this car to beat & win GT Compact Car Championship series. National B series is done. just using your brilliant setups to win credits and progress quickly through the levels. Thank you again. Cheers, TC.

Volkswagen Bora V6 4MOTION '01

450PP
302 BHP
1350kgs
Weight Distribution 54:46

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

Standard Size Rims

Painted

Body - Pearl Red
Wheels - Gun Gray Metallic
Brakes - Yellow

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
7.30/5.15
5/5
4/6
2/4
1.0/0.6
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to Default) - Once power parts added
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.724
2nd 2.119
3rd 1.709
4th 1.408
5th 1.194
6th 1.045
Set final gear to 3.290
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
10/15
14/18
8/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

F/R
30:70

Set power limiter to 97.7%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 108kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 379350
View attachment 379349
View attachment 379351
I finally had a chance to build my Volkwagen Jetta (called Bora in GT6). Thanks to Shaun, I only realized this car was in GT6 once I saw his tune...

Anyway, where to begin? I took my new VW Jetta to Suzuka. I thought it would be a good course to test the car on. The tuned V6 provides plenty of torque and horsepower. That's a very good sign. The 450PP class isn't known for blowing people away with power, but this VW is no slouch. One thing I liked about this engine -- with 302hp and 277.8 ft/lb of torque, there were times I would intentionally leave the car in 3rd gear, where I would normally downshift into 2nd gear, just to see how the car pulls. I was very pleased to see that she pulls nicely. The revs need to be up, a little bit, of course...but with maximum torque coming on at 3,600 RPM that shouldn't be a problem.

Shaun went with racing brakes and those help the VW come to a stop quite quickly. She's not the lightest car in the world at 1,350 kg, but she's not an elephant by any stretch of the imagination. You'll feel some weight transfer, through the "S" section of Suzuka, so easy on the throttle. Fortunately, she's really easy to control with the right foot.

Handling is about what you'd expect from this class of car. I think Shaun did a remarkable job of setting the suspension for a firm, but smooth ride. I probably should have taken my Jetta to a bumpier track before doing this write up, but I intentionally went off road a few times (and a couple non-intentionally :eek:) just to see how she would feel coming back onto the track with some bumpiness and this VW handled things just fine. With -1.0 degree of front camber, the car turns in quite well, just don't over cook it or you'll start noticing some understeer. One thing that did surprise me, however, was the playfulness of the rear end of the car. I didn't think I would experience that considering she's a 4WD car, but there were many times that I would entice the car to toss the rear about with some throttle input. This was a welcome discovery!

** For full disclosure, I realized after writing up this review that I had never changed the transmission settings and I was running the car with the stock transmission. I then installed the transmission for Shaun's tune. With the tall 1st gear, some of that playfulness is gone - replace by a more stable driving experience. I don't think there is anything wrong with the stock transmission whatsoever. Lap times were very, very similar with both transmissions. Granted, I wasn't truly pushing my laps for every tenth I could, but I did aim for a strong, fast pace. So, give them both a try.

As always...You've done a great job with this VW Bora (Jetta). I look forward to using it in my next 450PP A-Spec race. 👍 :cheers:

Classic American Muscle beats ai cars!!! this setup is AWESOME!! The power & the handling were not a match for the ai cars. Took the lead in each race before the first lap was over. with just enough slide in the rear, any of the courses curves/turn were no problem and no loss of speed. Thank you. cheers. TC.
Yep, this car is awesome. This was a recent Car of The Month and it went down a storm (all the tunes within that thread). Great choice for a classic muscle car.

just used this car to beat & win GT Compact Car Championship series. National B series is done. just using your brilliant setups to win credits and progress quickly through the levels. Thank you again. Cheers, TC.
S2000's are very safe and stable when it comes to A Spec events. they usually get the job done without any fuss. Great credit makers too.

I finally had a chance to build my Volkwagen Jetta (called Bora in GT6). Thanks to Shaun, I only realized this car was in GT6 once I saw his tune...

Anyway, where to begin? I took my new VW Jetta to Suzuka. I thought it would be a good course to test the car on. The tuned V6 provides plenty of torque and horsepower. That's a very good sign. The 450PP class isn't known for blowing people away with power, but this VW is no slouch. One thing I liked about this engine -- with 302hp and 277.8 ft/lb of torque, there were times I would intentionally leave the car in 3rd gear, where I would normally downshift into 2nd gear, just to see how the car pulls. I was very pleased to see that she pulls nicely. The revs need to be up, a little bit, of course...but with maximum torque coming on at 3,600 RPM that shouldn't be a problem.

Shaun went with racing brakes and those help the VW come to a stop quite quickly. She's not the lightest car in the world at 1,350 kg, but she's not an elephant by any stretch of the imagination. You'll feel some weight transfer, through the "S" section of Suzuka, so easy on the throttle. Fortunately, she's really easy to control with the right foot.

Handling is about what you'd expect from this class of car. I think Shaun did a remarkable job of setting the suspension for a firm, but smooth ride. I probably should have taken my Jetta to a bumpier track before doing this write up, but I intentionally went off road a few times (and a couple non-intentionally :eek:) just to see how she would feel coming back onto the track with some bumpiness and this VW handled things just fine. With -1.0 degree of front camber, the car turns in quite well, just don't over cook it or you'll start noticing some understeer. One thing that did surprise me, however, was the playfulness of the rear end of the car. I didn't think I would experience that considering she's a 4WD car, but there were many times that I would entice the car to toss the rear about with some throttle input. This was a welcome discovery!

** For full disclosure, I realized after writing up this review that I had never changed the transmission settings and I was running the car with the stock transmission. I then installed the transmission for Shaun's tune. With the tall 1st gear, some of that playfulness is gone - replace by a more stable driving experience. I don't think there is anything wrong with the stock transmission whatsoever. Lap times were very, very similar with both transmissions. Granted, I wasn't truly pushing my laps for every tenth I could, but I did aim for a strong, fast pace. So, give them both a try.

As always...You've done a great job with this VW Bora (Jetta). I look forward to using it in my next 450PP A-Spec race. 👍 :cheers:
Thanks for the extensive review. You don't have to write this much for FITT but if you did, the tuner would probably buy you a thank you card. They love getting this sort of feedback on their tunes. As do i. :) Thanks again. Hope to see you testing for FITT.

@shaunm80 I know I tend to go on and on...I try not to let them be boring, I try to get some actual juicy details in there. One thing I have a hard time doing is delivering constructive criticism to people. With someone like Ridox, I have no problem telling him what I like and don't like. He knows me well enough by now and knows that I have the utmost respect for him. But, if there is something I think is wrong, or not as good as it could be, I'm going to politely tell him so...but he's the only person I've ever critiqued like that. Hopefully, if I enter I won't have to worry about that because all of the tunes are going to be awesome!! :D :D :D

Thats good to hear. Shall I put you down as tester for this event then? I can put tentative down next to your name for now incase something comes up and you aren't able to finish in time.

Howdy folks. Its cone world out there! Should be a simple one for wheel users. DS3 is easy as the car is grippy as anything but if your going to go for gold in the last of the GT Academy races, you better put your big boy pants on as bravery is required with this one.
I am a few seconds of from getting silver. Shaun you said it should be a simple one for wheel users and I do not agree on that because it took me 1 hour just to complete 1 minute into the lap, I was mad saying 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. This final round is the hardest one I have come across and it is to frustrating.

Howdy folks. Its cone world out there! Should be a simple one for wheel users. DS3 is easy as the car is grippy as anything but if your going to go for gold in the last of the GT Academy races, you better put your big boy pants on as bravery is required with this one.
it will enertain me for a while to get gold there but the Car is better than expected . i'm not struggle with throttle control

I am a few seconds of from getting silver. Shaun you said it should be a simple one for wheel users and I do not agree on that because it took me 1 hour just to complete 1 minute into the lap, I was mad saying 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. This final round is the hardest one I have come across and it is to frustrating.
It took me about 6 laps to get a arbitrary time in. Just to get the free car, I can gain 1-2 seconds on my 3.49.xx in the first 5 corners alone. I think the likes of @Soren Jacquet with his wheel turning will be fine. I am just tuning up the Nissan now and will going back to Le Sarthe for another go of miss the cones.

I think people who are really good on a DS3 will actually have an "easier" time with this particular event. Meaning, they won't have to deal with the frustration that is my car bouncing around all over the track. The force feedback is insane! Even on the back straights my steering wheel sounds like the gears are going to shatter into a million pieces. Its just a cheap DFGT, but it's all I have. Some of the cones are in the dumbest of places. On the back straights, why are there cones a couple of feet from the guardrail? What possible purpose do those cones serve? The worst part about hitting a cone is, the game doesn't let you continue with the lap like it would if you drove onto the grass and got a red flag. So frustrating!!

It took me about 6 laps to get a arbitrary time in. Just to get the free car, I can gain 1-2 seconds on my 2.49.xx in the first 5 corners alone. I think the likes of @Soren Jacquet with his wheel turning will be fine. I am just tuning up the Nissan now and will going back to Le Sarthe for another go of miss the cones.
It is not easy with the wheel, and I want to see what our Danish rabbit friend has to say.

I think people who are really good on a DS3 will actually have an "easier" time with this particular event. Meaning, they won't have to deal with the frustration that is my car bouncing around all over the track. The force feedback is insane! Even on the back straights my steering wheel sounds like the gears are going to shatter into a million pieces. Its just a cheap DFGT, but it's all I have. Some of the cones are in the dumbest of places. On the back straights, why are there cones a couple of feet from the guardrail? What possible purpose do those cones serve? The worst part about hitting a cone is, the game doesn't let you continue with the lap like it would if you drove onto the grass and got a red flag. So frustrating!!
It is not easy with the wheel, and I want to see what our Danish rabbit friend has to say.
I will reserve judgment until we hear from Soren then. :) I guess wrongly, I assumed that PD would make the same error as GTA Race 3. But maybe they have levelled the playing field for this one. This would be a first if they have.

Does your wheel sound/feel like it's about to explode at any moment? Mine does... And I don't have my FFB settings cranked all the way or anything foolish like that.

Nissan GT-R LM Nismo '15

655PP
604 BHP
880kgs
Weight Distribution 63:37

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
55/80
33.20/11.80
5/4
4/6
1/3
1.5/1.8
-0.06/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

Standard Transmission

FC LSD
16/18/12

Set power limiter to 100.0%

So this car seems weird to me, It has the weight distribution of a FF car, handles stock like an MR car and it supposedly has 4WD via the electric power unit.. With the front LSD only being adjustable, that means that the rear must be set by PD.. Even after all these odd things, I really like this car, it is fast, fun, easy to drive, stable at high speed and good through the corners. Not a bad free car by PD standards :)

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

Last edited:
Does your wheel sound/feel like it's about to explode at any moment? Mine does... And I don't have my FFB settings cranked all the way or anything foolish like that.
Yes my friend, going down the straight when it feels like everything inside the wheel is going to self destruct.

Nissan GT-R LM Nismo '15

655PP
604 BHP
880kgs
Weight Distribution 63:37

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
55/80
33.20/11.80
5/4
4/6
1/3
1.5/1.8
-0.06/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

Standard Transmission

FC LSD
16/18/12

Set power limiter to 100.0%

So this car seems weird to me, It has the weight distribution of a FF car, handles stock like an MR car and it supposedly has 4WD via the electric power unit.. With the front LSD only being adjustable, that means that the rear must be set by PD.. Even after all these odd things, I really like this car, it is fast, fun, easy to drive, stable at high speed and good through the corners. Not a bad free car by PD standards :)

Images to follow.
to handle this massive torque with a FF Drive is impressive

Back