Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Burned_Rubber

Burned_Rubber

I agree, this tune is very good as is. If you want more oversteer, try tuning the rear springs to 95, rear lsd accel to 22, and torque distribution to 26/74. This doesn't upset the balance too much, but the problem is, the car is more likely to lose rear grip and slide more if you push it out of a corner:scared:. If the balance is altered too much, it gets upset and tries to take you for a spin, rather than the other way around:crazy:
    Well done on the tune, @shaunm80 :cheers:

2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Silver achieved :) 2.9 seconds to get gold... I will give it another quick go but I don't think I've got that much talent left for this particular car. (untuned that is..)

3. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

well done :tup: i have good news... no gold needed to get the Nissam LMP :) better than last year

Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  4. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Holy BIM BAM youre getting closer to me arrrrrgh

Otaliema likes this.
  5. shaunm80

shaunm80

My best time is/and will be forever more 2.15.461. those 2.5 seconds are beyond me. That and I need sleep. :) I don't think ill ever be as quick as you in TT's. I will leave the big battles between the rest of you.

I am glad PD made it slightly easier for pad users.. those 700k of credits will come in useful.

Otaliema and Soren Jacquet like this.
  6. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

WHAAAAT peeeee have just improvede my time is now under 1:27
    new time is 1:26.912

Otaliema and hall90 like this.
  7. Hotspace 5150

Hotspace 5150

Classic American Muscle beats ai cars!!! this setup is AWESOME!! The power & the handling were not a match for the ai cars. Took the lead in each race before the first lap was over. with just enough slide in the rear, any of the courses curves/turn were no problem and no loss of speed. Thank you. cheers. TC.

8. Hotspace 5150

Hotspace 5150

just used this car to beat & win GT Compact Car Championship series. National B series is done. just using your brilliant setups to win credits and progress quickly through the levels. Thank you again. Cheers, TC.

9. ALB123

ALB123

I finally had a chance to build my Volkwagen Jetta (called Bora in GT6). Thanks to Shaun, I only realized this car was in GT6 once I saw his tune...

Anyway, where to begin? I took my new VW Jetta to Suzuka. I thought it would be a good course to test the car on. The tuned V6 provides plenty of torque and horsepower. That's a very good sign. The 450PP class isn't known for blowing people away with power, but this VW is no slouch. One thing I liked about this engine -- with 302hp and 277.8 ft/lb of torque, there were times I would intentionally leave the car in 3rd gear, where I would normally downshift into 2nd gear, just to see how the car pulls. I was very pleased to see that she pulls nicely. The revs need to be up, a little bit, of course...but with maximum torque coming on at 3,600 RPM that shouldn't be a problem.

Shaun went with racing brakes and those help the VW come to a stop quite quickly. She's not the lightest car in the world at 1,350 kg, but she's not an elephant by any stretch of the imagination. You'll feel some weight transfer, through the "S" section of Suzuka, so easy on the throttle. Fortunately, she's really easy to control with the right foot.

Handling is about what you'd expect from this class of car. I think Shaun did a remarkable job of setting the suspension for a firm, but smooth ride. I probably should have taken my Jetta to a bumpier track before doing this write up, but I intentionally went off road a few times (and a couple non-intentionally :eek:) just to see how she would feel coming back onto the track with some bumpiness and this VW handled things just fine. With -1.0 degree of front camber, the car turns in quite well, just don't over cook it or you'll start noticing some understeer. One thing that did surprise me, however, was the playfulness of the rear end of the car. I didn't think I would experience that considering she's a 4WD car, but there were many times that I would entice the car to toss the rear about with some throttle input. This was a welcome discovery!

** For full disclosure, I realized after writing up this review that I had never changed the transmission settings and I was running the car with the stock transmission. I then installed the transmission for Shaun's tune. With the tall 1st gear, some of that playfulness is gone - replace by a more stable driving experience. I don't think there is anything wrong with the stock transmission whatsoever. Lap times were very, very similar with both transmissions. Granted, I wasn't truly pushing my laps for every tenth I could, but I did aim for a strong, fast pace. So, give them both a try.

As always...You've done a great job with this VW Bora (Jetta). I look forward to using it in my next 450PP A-Spec race. :tup: :cheers:

10. shaunm80

shaunm80

Yep, this car is awesome. This was a recent Car of The Month and it went down a storm (all the tunes within that thread). Great choice for a classic muscle car.

S2000's are very safe and stable when it comes to A Spec events. they usually get the job done without any fuss. Great credit makers too.

Thanks for the extensive review. You don't have to write this much for FITT but if you did, the tuner would probably buy you a thank you card. They love getting this sort of feedback on their tunes. As do i. :) Thanks again. Hope to see you testing for FITT.

Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  11. shaunm80

shaunm80

Howdy folks. Its cone world out there! Should be a simple one for wheel users. DS3 is easy as the car is grippy as anything but if your going to go for gold in the last of the GT Academy races, you better put your big boy pants on as bravery is required with this one.

12. ALB123

ALB123

@shaunm80 I know I tend to go on and on...I try not to let them be boring, I try to get some actual juicy details in there. One thing I have a hard time doing is delivering constructive criticism to people. With someone like Ridox, I have no problem telling him what I like and don't like. He knows me well enough by now and knows that I have the utmost respect for him. But, if there is something I think is wrong, or not as good as it could be, I'm going to politely tell him so...but he's the only person I've ever critiqued like that. Hopefully, if I enter I won't have to worry about that because all of the tunes are going to be awesome!! :D :D :D

13. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thats good to hear. Shall I put you down as tester for this event then? I can put tentative down next to your name for now incase something comes up and you aren't able to finish in time.

Otaliema likes this.
  14. ALB123

ALB123

Yeah...I'll go announce my intentions in the thread too... That way, I start receiving notifications from the thread. Thanks Shaun... :tup:

15. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I am a few seconds of from getting silver. Shaun you said it should be a simple one for wheel users and I do not agree on that because it took me 1 hour just to complete 1 minute into the lap, I was mad saying :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:. This final round is the hardest one I have come across and it is to frustrating.

16. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

it will enertain me for a while to get gold there but the Car is better than expected . i'm not struggle with throttle control

Otaliema, SpeedOfDark and shaunm80 like this.
  17. shaunm80

shaunm80

It took me about 6 laps to get a arbitrary time in. Just to get the free car, I can gain 1-2 seconds on my 3.49.xx in the first 5 corners alone. I think the likes of @Soren Jacquet with his wheel turning will be fine. I am just tuning up the Nissan now and will going back to Le Sarthe for another go of miss the cones.

18. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

i just wonder i can handle TC 2 and i was many times in the silver time and maked a stupid fault . Get gold is not easy but possible i think

Otaliema likes this.
  19. ALB123

ALB123

I think people who are really good on a DS3 will actually have an "easier" time with this particular event. Meaning, they won't have to deal with the frustration that is my car bouncing around all over the track. The force feedback is insane! Even on the back straights my steering wheel sounds like the gears are going to shatter into a million pieces. Its just a cheap DFGT, but it's all I have. Some of the cones are in the dumbest of places. On the back straights, why are there cones a couple of feet from the guardrail? What possible purpose do those cones serve? The worst part about hitting a cone is, the game doesn't let you continue with the lap like it would if you drove onto the grass and got a red flag. So frustrating!!

Otaliema and SpeedOfDark like this.
  20. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

It is not easy with the wheel, and I want to see what our Danish rabbit friend has to say.

21. shaunm80

shaunm80

I will reserve judgment until we hear from Soren then. :) I guess wrongly, I assumed that PD would make the same error as GTA Race 3. But maybe they have levelled the playing field for this one. This would be a first if they have.

22. ALB123

ALB123

Does your wheel sound/feel like it's about to explode at any moment? Mine does... And I don't have my FFB settings cranked all the way or anything foolish like that.

Otaliema likes this.
  23. shaunm80

shaunm80

Nissan GT-R LM Nismo '15

655PP
    604 BHP
    880kgs
    Weight Distribution 63:37

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
    55/80
    33.20/11.80
    5/4
    4/6
    1/3
    1.5/1.8
    -0.06/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
    5/6

Standard Transmission

FC LSD
    16/18/12

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

So this car seems weird to me, It has the weight distribution of a FF car, handles stock like an MR car and it supposedly has 4WD via the electric power unit.. With the front LSD only being adjustable, that means that the rear must be set by PD.. Even after all these odd things, I really like this car, it is fast, fun, easy to drive, stable at high speed and good through the corners. Not a bad free car by PD standards :)

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    TripleE63, I-Runner, Gyro1780 and 5 others like this.
  24. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Yes my friend, going down the straight when it feels like everything inside the wheel is going to self destruct.

Otaliema likes this.
  25. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

3:40 now , 3 sec more to find

26. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I am nowhere near my PS3, what TC are you using I am using TC 1, ABS 1.

Otaliema likes this.
  27. shaunm80

shaunm80

He is using TCS 2 and ABS 1.

Otaliema, chrisspeed281 and hall90 like this.
  28. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

TC 2 and ABS 1 , Controller sensitive 5 :)

Otaliema likes this.
  29. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I will try TC 2 tomorrow when I get a chance. :tup:

30. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

to handle this massive torque with a FF Drive is impressive

Otaliema likes this.