Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Hi Shaun , not much time to play today but my first impressions with the Jaguar and the McLaren was good, stable and nice turn in , well done :) Unfortunately i don't have the Schulze GT-R in my garage.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    shaunm80 and TripleE63 like this.
  2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thanks for trying them out. I used the McLaren in a online race, had a few sir bashemups in the race but it was pretty good overall.

I know @steefpeef has the Schulze car so if he wanted to test that one out, it would be good. :)

TripleE63, LordJCS and chrisspeed281 like this.
  3. LordJCS

LordJCS

Decided to give your Mclaren 650S Gt3 base tune a go..

All in all, a solid base.

After a few tweaks of my own I was able to comfortably go around Brands Hatch GP in the 1:25 territory consistently.

Ended up with a 1:25.265.

Here be a vid of it.

chrisspeed281 and TripleE63 like this.
  4. shaunm80

shaunm80

What tweaks did you make to the tune to get it consistent and smooth?

TripleE63 likes this.
  5. LordJCS

LordJCS

Sorry for a late respons from me..

I've been busy with 3 wins at Nurb in a Gr4 Genesis. Started in pole on every one of the races.

Your Mclaren with my tweaks landed me a pole on Brands Hatch as well..

Same story as yesterday tho.. A bunch of dingle berries kept bashing me like they were driving Mario kart..

Here are my tweaks on it that i made.

Ride height; 70 - 85

Damper Reb; 4 - 2

Camber: 2,5 - 1,1

Toe: 0,00 - 0,22

---------------------------------

Diff:

---------------------------------

Praiano's tranny flip.

Final gear: 5,000

Topspeed; 200km/h - 164mph

1st 2,831
    2nd 2,142
    3rd 1,757
    4th 1,470
    5th 1,235
    6th 1,053

Then Set final gear to 3,060

Should land you at a final topspeed of 321km/h - 199,5 mph.

Hope this helps.

chrisspeed281 and TripleE63 like this.
  6. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Finally i got this Car so i have tried you tune at Big Willow and it works fine there , i got a low 1:13 , i love this GT3 Machines :)

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    TripleE63, shaunm80 and LordJCS like this.
  7. LordJCS

LordJCS

I've had that car for a while now, still no tune on it. But i will try out Shaun's tune later today.

And yes, the GT3 machines are really fun to drive.

Landed a 1:12.6xx on Big Willow with the altered @shaunm80 Mclaren 650S GT3 tune.

And i also got the Corvette C7 GT3 as a reward for completing my "daily exercise".

TripleE63, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  8. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thanks Chris for trying out the Schulze. This car seems more balanced for the dirt track than my original 650S tune. The alternative tune seems to have better grip and rotation for the road surface at Big Willow.

I was awarded with a Mustang Sally Gr. 4 car today. I will get round to driving it one day probably.

TripleE63, LordJCS and chrisspeed281 like this.
  9. LordJCS

LordJCS

I ran the same setup i did yesterday on Brands Hatch, and the tune worked wonders on Big willow.

I tried Praiano's 458 GT3 on Big Willow, didn't even come close to being able to hunt down the bright orange Mclaren.

TripleE63 and shaunm80 like this.
  10. steefpeef

steefpeef

Hello,

I took the GT3 Schulze on Willow Springs , i started with the controller and with the non bracket tune, it felt good and smooth. I tried the bracket tune and was half a second faster, the car was still stable but a bit wobbly in the turns, not unsafe though. I stopped when i was not able to get any faster - in other words consistent.

I am a dual user, but i broke my foot in February, as i am slightly over 50 the healing went slow…i manage to walk without "training wheels" since some day's... what a relief to be able to transport a coffee for myself and say less embarrassingly often "thank you so much" to my flock (or heard)... i feel less fat, old and rude already...

So today i took the G29/wheelstand and managed the same times on the wheel as with the controller… so far so good…

After that I used Laurents tune on the Nismo (Praiano) that he made for Dragon Trail and was two seconds faster. But i started to sweat … I finished with a 1.14,638 in the Corvette also with Laurents tune, but only 3 tenths faster…

What do I like in GT(5/6/S)? I love a room full of friends, a-spec and hot-lapping. In Gt6 i made a database with hundreds of tunes and thousands of times on some tracks with consistent driving (also as a dual user), so the relative times mattered more to me than the absolute times. I do this for pure pleasure and to empty my head and be in flow.

So in GTS i like to do hot-laps, waiting ten or more minutes to be bumped off the tracks by less civilised drivers is not my cup of tea.

So driving pleasure like, your tunes, especially the Schulze are smooth, controllable/stable and a very satisfying experience, but the fastest times (that are still slow compared to others) i reach with other tunes (in GT6 your tunes where often my fastest). And driving pleasure and consistency are the things i am looking for…

One last thought, you tune for the controller with no aids exept ABS and TC1. In GT6 that was smooth, here in GTS, especially on the ring the TC is unpleasant and feels like holding back. What do you think of trying to use a stronger diff and no TC, it is mainly for corner exit… and the new controllers for the PS4 are nice on throttle and breaks…

Now my absolute last issue, on your tune of the GT3 Schulze the spring rate settings are missing, so i left them as they are…

All the best, and thank you for the pleasure i get out of GT, for a big part also thanks to this thread…

squander, MrCrynox, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  11. LordJCS

LordJCS

My latest outing in the Mclaren 650S GT3 (modified @shaunm80 tune) landed me a time of 1:12,167

And as per usual i'll post a vid of the lap... But this time the replay vid contains both the cinematic view and cockpit view.

Enjoy.

12. TripleE63

TripleE63

Hi Shaun,

For the beginner's seasonal, I used your

For the Intermediate seasonal, I used your

I am going through my low mileage cars looking for a winner for the Expert level challenge. So far, no luck. I don't think it's the cars, I think it's my shoulder. Too much yard work over the weekend wiped out my gimpy shoulder and arm. :crazy:
    Cheers to all! :cheers:

fordlaser, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  13. LordJCS

LordJCS

Slight improvement on my times made today, resulted in a Alfa 4C Gr4 as a reward for completing my daily exercise.

Willow Springs with the Mclaren now has me on a 1:11.9xx. Not a big improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

My previous time on Dragon Trail with a Genesis Gr4 was also refined a bit.

No replay vids today tho, was in a bit of a rush to get done with it..

TripleE63, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  14. shaunm80

shaunm80

I don't have a good tune for the Alfa as yet. I will be working on a lot of cars this coming week as I have finished one of my exams today, just one more left to do on Thursday.

I do have a pretty good base tune for the Scooby STI WRX but it is going to be perfect before I publish it.

On another note.. This happened.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170509195337.jpg

I have to say, the modified McLaren 650S GT3 car is a beast! I was in first place but I messed up my lines and dropped to third but I can see that car winning many races in the future. :)

LordJCS, MrCrynox, steefpeef and 2 others like this.
  15. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I have got the BMW M6 "Walkenhorst" GT3 very early in the morning and tried it out at Willow Springs and got a 1:11.4.., very nice looking and fast Car.

LordJCS, TripleE63 and shaunm80 like this.
  16. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

Looking forward to your STi tune, I really like driving it in its current form so once you've worked your magic it should be something special

TripleE63 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  17. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Well done Shaun, my best result was a 4th place this week :)

LordJCS, TripleE63 and shaunm80 like this.
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

The scariest part of my first place finish is that I started in pole... That is a first for me against human players. I like to think that yours and @LordJCS influence of constantly being top of the time boards makes me a faster driver as I am constantly chasing your lap times.

Scooby tune is pretty much there now. A few tweaks and it will be good very good. I have figured there isn't a perfect tune for this car as it can be loose and fast, but that makes it easy to spin. I am making a tune that is easy to drive and will increase SR points each and every race.

Edit: I have the M6 you were talking about too in my garage. I will be trying it out myself soon enough and see if I can make it any better than it already sounds.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    LordJCS, TripleE63 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  19. shaunm80

shaunm80

GT-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Logo-Mittel-Artikelbild-Tailor-DKS.jpg

Subaru WRX STI Type S ’14 (N300)

Traction Control 1

Sports Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
    F/R
    130/135
    5.60/5.30
    4/4
    4/6
    3/4
    1.0/0.8
    -0.05/0.10

Convert from Spring Rate kgf/mm to Newton/mm
    http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

FC LSD
    F/R
    12/14
    22/26
    10/12
    Front/Rear Torque Dist.
    40:60

FC Transmission
    Set max speed to 180mph
    1st 3.100
    2nd 2.220
    3rd 1.665
    4th 1.310
    5th 1.065
    6th 0.910
    Set final gear to 4.240
    (Adjust final gear to suit track)

I am groot.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170510104831.jpg

20. shaunm80

shaunm80

I lost a SR grade due to crashalot driving from other players. This system is unbelievably unfair on clean drivers. I went from a B to a C. Sheesh. Time to get some of my good driving rating back with some Gr. 4 racing.

Worst night ever for racing online. Feels like I am playing destruction derby, not Gran Turismo. Ugh.

Edit: It took a few races but I am now back to a B rating in SR. The evening races improved slightly when the sir crashalots took each other out and left me in some open space to hold my own lines.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  21. steefpeef

steefpeef

the past two day's online where terrible, absolutely impossible to race clean, VERY frustrating! What i did in the end, let everybody pass and do a chase the rabbit race, that is quite fun in a way, to pass the others when they are off the grid... in the beginning i cared about the rating, but now i don't anymore, i try to have "my" fun... and it still works...

the worst race was yesterday, i started from pole @willow, got pushed of the track from behind in the first corner, landed in the desert, waited to regain control and got disqualified... but my fairness rating got up to B again...

22. shaunm80

shaunm80

I had the same thing happen to me. I managed to get back on the track but lingered at the back of the field for the rest of the race. I am hoping for better competitors tonight.

Edit: I dont... Same crashalot drivers. Oh well. I shall not care about my SR anymore. Nothing I can do to stop them bashing me and I get penalised for it.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  23. LordJCS

LordJCS

Can't wait until the full game gets released so we all can have a private lobby with clean drivers.

24. shaunm80

shaunm80

That sounds pretty good right now. I am not enjoying some of the other drivers and their antics right now. Also, The lobbies will hopefully stop disconnecting me just as i am about to enter a race.

I am not going to bother with Brands Hatch anymore... That is where I lose my SR and then i gain it all back again in Dragon Trail course. I think I will stick to open tracks until they sort the ramming issue out.

25. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I also wait for the private lobby . Today i also lost SR at Dragon Trail , a big mess at the first chicane but i got it back at Big Willow where i had a clean fight with a Briton.

Gran Turismo™Sport Geschlossene Beta-Testversion_20170511211140.jpg

steefpeef, TripleE63 and shaunm80 like this.
  26. shaunm80

shaunm80

Nicely done. I really enjoy Dragon Trail and Big Willow tracks on this game. I have my go to cars and they always make those races fun and often increase my stats. I found some speed in the BMW car but I am not happy with the tail action going on. Gotta get that sorted out before I post a tune.

Are you just driving it stock at the moment @chrisspeed281 or have you found a tune elsewhere on this forum?

steefpeef and TripleE63 like this.
  27. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

For the BMW M6 i have only found a tune from praiano , btw i have tried your tune for the Subaru WRX , it works very good , it's easy to get a 1:48 time at Brands Hatch but i was sitting in a Beer Garden when the N300 race was online :)

28. shaunm80

shaunm80

The Scooby tune will do 1.48s all day long. Maybe a 1.47 if you are very lucky but it is certainly a cruiser with handling rather than a time trial rocket. :)

TripleE63 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  29. TripleE63

TripleE63

That sounds like a nice alternative to racing with the crashalots you guys have been dealing with in the lobbies. :cheers:

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  30. LordJCS

LordJCS

Where did you find that Praiano tune for the M6?