Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
View attachment 645925

McLaren 650S GT3 ‘15 Gr. 3

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
70/75
21.60/28.40
5/4
4/5
2/4
1.0/1.0
-0.05/0.08

Convert from Spring Rate kgf/mm to Newton/mm
http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

Aerodynamics
400/770

FC LSD
18/24/16

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.640
2nd 2.650
3rd 2.000
4th 1.560
5th 1.265
6th 1.085
Set final gear to 3.345
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

A very good base tune for this car. Easy to drive and has great traction and control. Can get a little slippery at times but feel free to adjust the tune as required.

View attachment 645924
View attachment 645926

Jaguar F-Type Gr. 3

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
70/75
26.90/26.50
5/4
4/6
2/5
0.8/1.5
-0.06/0.08

http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

Aerodynamics
400/765

FC LSD
16/22/12

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 4.670
2nd 3.250
3rd 2.460
4th 1.900
5th 1.520
6th 1.278
Set final gear to 2.600

A fast, easy to drive F-Type. A really good base tune that should help you out in online races. Enjoy.

View attachment 645927
Hi Shaun , not much time to play today but my first impressions with the Jaguar and the McLaren was good, stable and nice turn in , well done :) Unfortunately i don't have the Schulze GT-R in my garage.

Last edited:
Hi Shaun , not much time to play today but my first impressions with the Jaguar and the McLaren was good, stable and nice turn in , well done :) Unfortunately i don't have the Schulze GT-R in my garage.
Thanks for trying them out. I used the McLaren in a online race, had a few sir bashemups in the race but it was pretty good overall.

I know @steefpeef has the Schulze car so if he wanted to test that one out, it would be good. :)

Thanks for trying them out. I used the McLaren in a online race, had a few sir bashemups in the race but it was pretty good overall.

I know @steefpeef has the Schulze car so if he wanted to test that one out, it would be good. :)

Decided to give your Mclaren 650S Gt3 base tune a go..

All in all, a solid base.

After a few tweaks of my own I was able to comfortably go around Brands Hatch GP in the 1:25 territory consistently.

Ended up with a 1:25.265.

Here be a vid of it.

Decided to give your Mclaren 650S Gt3 base tune a go..

All in all, a solid base.

After a few tweaks of my own I was able to comfortably go around Brands Hatch GP in the 1:25 territory consistently.

Ended up with a 1:25.265.

Here be a vid of it.

What tweaks did you make to the tune to get it consistent and smooth?

What tweaks did you make to the tune to get it consistent and smooth?

Sorry for a late respons from me..

I've been busy with 3 wins at Nurb in a Gr4 Genesis. Started in pole on every one of the races.

Your Mclaren with my tweaks landed me a pole on Brands Hatch as well..

Same story as yesterday tho.. A bunch of dingle berries kept bashing me like they were driving Mario kart..

Here are my tweaks on it that i made.

Ride height; 70 - 85

Damper Reb; 4 - 2

Camber: 2,5 - 1,1

Toe: 0,00 - 0,22

---------------------------------

Diff:

---------------------------------

Praiano's tranny flip.

Final gear: 5,000

Topspeed; 200km/h - 164mph

1st 2,831
2nd 2,142
3rd 1,757
4th 1,470
5th 1,235
6th 1,053

Then Set final gear to 3,060

Should land you at a final topspeed of 321km/h - 199,5 mph.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 645929

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport ‘13

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
65/70
5/3
4/7 (4/6)
2/4
1.0/1.6 (1.0/1.4)
-0.06/0.08

Aerodynamics
400/750

FC LSD
20/30/18

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.700
2nd 2.645
3rd 2.620
4th 1.576
5th 1.278
6th 1.095
Set final gear to 3.000

This tune works well and has lots of overall grip. The bracketed numbers are variations that work with driver preference for this car. You can try out the different settings if you don't get on with the non-bracketed settings. Hope this tune helps you out. Enjoy :)

View attachment 645928
Finally i got this Car so i have tried you tune at Big Willow and it works fine there , i got a low 1:13 , i love this GT3 Machines :)

Last edited:
Finally i got this Car so i have tried you tune at Big Willow and it works fine there , i got a low 1:13 , i love this GT3 Maschines :)

I've had that car for a while now, still no tune on it. But i will try out Shaun's tune later today.

And yes, the GT3 machines are really fun to drive.

Landed a 1:12.6xx on Big Willow with the altered @shaunm80 Mclaren 650S GT3 tune.

And i also got the Corvette C7 GT3 as a reward for completing my "daily exercise".

Last edited:
Finally i got this Car so i have tried you tune at Big Willow and it works fine there , i got a low 1:13 , i love this GT3 Machines :)

I've had that car for a while now, still no tune on it. But i will try out Shaun's tune later today.

And yes, the GT3 machines are really fun to drive.

Landed a 1:12.6xx on Big Willow with the altered @shaunm80 Mclaren 650S GT3 tune.

And i also got the Corvette C7 GT3 as a reward for completing my "daily exercise".

Thanks Chris for trying out the Schulze. This car seems more balanced for the dirt track than my original 650S tune. The alternative tune seems to have better grip and rotation for the road surface at Big Willow.

I was awarded with a Mustang Sally Gr. 4 car today. I will get round to driving it one day probably.

Thanks Chris for trying out the Schulze. This car seems more balanced for the dirt track than my original 650S tune. The alternative tune seems to have better grip and rotation for the road surface at Big Willow.

I was awarded with a Mustang Sally Gr. 4 car today. I will get round to driving it one day probably.

I ran the same setup i did yesterday on Brands Hatch, and the tune worked wonders on Big willow.

I tried Praiano's 458 GT3 on Big Willow, didn't even come close to being able to hunt down the bright orange Mclaren.

Last edited:

Hello,

I took the GT3 Schulze on Willow Springs , i started with the controller and with the non bracket tune, it felt good and smooth. I tried the bracket tune and was half a second faster, the car was still stable but a bit wobbly in the turns, not unsafe though. I stopped when i was not able to get any faster - in other words consistent.

I am a dual user, but i broke my foot in February, as i am slightly over 50 the healing went slow…i manage to walk without "training wheels" since some day's... what a relief to be able to transport a coffee for myself and say less embarrassingly often "thank you so much" to my flock (or heard)... i feel less fat, old and rude already...

So today i took the G29/wheelstand and managed the same times on the wheel as with the controller… so far so good…

After that I used Laurents tune on the Nismo (Praiano) that he made for Dragon Trail and was two seconds faster. But i started to sweat … I finished with a 1.14,638 in the Corvette also with Laurents tune, but only 3 tenths faster…

What do I like in GT(5/6/S)? I love a room full of friends, a-spec and hot-lapping. In Gt6 i made a database with hundreds of tunes and thousands of times on some tracks with consistent driving (also as a dual user), so the relative times mattered more to me than the absolute times. I do this for pure pleasure and to empty my head and be in flow.

So in GTS i like to do hot-laps, waiting ten or more minutes to be bumped off the tracks by less civilised drivers is not my cup of tea.

So driving pleasure like, your tunes, especially the Schulze are smooth, controllable/stable and a very satisfying experience, but the fastest times (that are still slow compared to others) i reach with other tunes (in GT6 your tunes where often my fastest). And driving pleasure and consistency are the things i am looking for…

One last thought, you tune for the controller with no aids exept ABS and TC1. In GT6 that was smooth, here in GTS, especially on the ring the TC is unpleasant and feels like holding back. What do you think of trying to use a stronger diff and no TC, it is mainly for corner exit… and the new controllers for the PS4 are nice on throttle and breaks…

Now my absolute last issue, on your tune of the GT3 Schulze the spring rate settings are missing, so i left them as they are…

All the best, and thank you for the pleasure i get out of GT, for a big part also thanks to this thread…

Hi Shaun,

For the beginner's seasonal, I used your

Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73

400PP
183 BHP
1000kgs
Weight Distribution 57:43

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
105/110
5.55/3.90
5/3
4/5
2/4
0.0/0.6
-0.02/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.622
2nd 1.997
3rd 1.521
4th 1.234
5th 1.058
Set final gear to 4.280

FC LSD
12/14/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97.2%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 32kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 443084
View attachment 443086
View attachment 443085

For the Intermediate seasonal, I used your

Renault Sport R5 Turbo Rallye '85

500PP
347 BHP
950kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
115/115
10.75/14.40
5/6
4/6
2/4
0.0/0.6
-0.02/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to default
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.370
2nd 1.650
3rd 1.228
4th 0.980
5th 0.818
Set final gear to 3.920

FC LSD
12/15/18

Set power limiter to 99.2%

Downforce
F/R
150/300
Ballast - Set 45kgs at Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

A feisty, fun french rally car designed for road/tarmac conditions. Not as loose a normal rally car but very quick when you keep it on the racing line.

View attachment 565505
View attachment 565506
View attachment 565507

I am going through my low mileage cars looking for a winner for the Expert level challenge. So far, no luck. I don't think it's the cars, I think it's my shoulder. Too much yard work over the weekend wiped out my gimpy shoulder and arm. :crazy:
Cheers to all! :cheers:

Slight improvement on my times made today, resulted in a Alfa 4C Gr4 as a reward for completing my daily exercise.

Willow Springs with the Mclaren now has me on a 1:11.9xx. Not a big improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

My previous time on Dragon Trail with a Genesis Gr4 was also refined a bit.

No replay vids today tho, was in a bit of a rush to get done with it..

Slight improvement on my times made today, resulted in a Alfa 4C Gr4 as a reward for completing my daily exercise.

Willow Springs with the Mclaren now has me on a 1:11.9xx. Not a big improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

I don't have a good tune for the Alfa as yet. I will be working on a lot of cars this coming week as I have finished one of my exams today, just one more left to do on Thursday.

I do have a pretty good base tune for the Scooby STI WRX but it is going to be perfect before I publish it.

On another note.. This happened.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170509195337.jpg

I have to say, the modified McLaren 650S GT3 car is a beast! I was in first place but I messed up my lines and dropped to third but I can see that car winning many races in the future. :)

I have got the BMW M6 "Walkenhorst" GT3 very early in the morning and tried it out at Willow Springs and got a 1:11.4.., very nice looking and fast Car.

I don't have a good tune for the Alfa as yet. I will be working on a lot of cars this coming week as I have finished one of my exams today, just one more left to do on Thursday.

I do have a pretty good base tune for the Scooby STI WRX but it is going to be perfect before I publish it.

View attachment 646283

I have to say, the modified McLaren 650S GT3 car is a beast! I was in first place but I messed up my lines and dropped to third but I can see that car winning many races in the future. :)

Looking forward to your STi tune, I really like driving it in its current form so once you've worked your magic it should be something special

View attachment 646283

Well done Shaun, my best result was a 4th place this week :)

Well done Shaun, my best result was a 4th place this week :)
The scariest part of my first place finish is that I started in pole... That is a first for me against human players. I like to think that yours and @LordJCS influence of constantly being top of the time boards makes me a faster driver as I am constantly chasing your lap times.

Scooby tune is pretty much there now. A few tweaks and it will be good very good. I have figured there isn't a perfect tune for this car as it can be loose and fast, but that makes it easy to spin. I am making a tune that is easy to drive and will increase SR points each and every race.

Edit: I have the M6 you were talking about too in my garage. I will be trying it out myself soon enough and see if I can make it any better than it already sounds.

Last edited:
GT-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Logo-Mittel-Artikelbild-Tailor-DKS.jpg

Subaru WRX STI Type S ’14 (N300)

Traction Control 1

Sports Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
130/135
5.60/5.30
4/4
4/6
3/4
1.0/0.8
-0.05/0.10

FC LSD
F/R
12/14
22/26
10/12
Front/Rear Torque Dist.
40:60

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 180mph
1st 3.100
2nd 2.220
3rd 1.665
4th 1.310
5th 1.065
6th 0.910
Set final gear to 4.240

I am groot.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170510104831.jpg

I lost a SR grade due to crashalot driving from other players. This system is unbelievably unfair on clean drivers. I went from a B to a C. Sheesh. Time to get some of my good driving rating back with some Gr. 4 racing.

Worst night ever for racing online. Feels like I am playing destruction derby, not Gran Turismo. Ugh.

Edit: It took a few races but I am now back to a B rating in SR. The evening races improved slightly when the sir crashalots took each other out and left me in some open space to hold my own lines.

Last edited:
the past two day's online where terrible, absolutely impossible to race clean, VERY frustrating! What i did in the end, let everybody pass and do a chase the rabbit race, that is quite fun in a way, to pass the others when they are off the grid... in the beginning i cared about the rating, but now i don't anymore, i try to have "my" fun... and it still works...

the worst race was yesterday, i started from pole @willow, got pushed of the track from behind in the first corner, landed in the desert, waited to regain control and got disqualified... but my fairness rating got up to B again...

the past two day's online where terrible, absolutely impossible to race clean, VERY frustrating! What i did in the end, let everybody pass and do a chase the rabbit race, that is quite fun in a way, to pass the others when they are off the grid... in the beginning i cared about the rating, but now i don't anymore, i try to have "my" fun... and it still works...

the worst race was yesterday, i started from pole @willow, got pushed of the track from behind in the first corner, landed in the desert, waited to regain control and got disqualified... but my fairness rating got up to B again...
I had the same thing happen to me. I managed to get back on the track but lingered at the back of the field for the rest of the race. I am hoping for better competitors tonight.

Edit: I dont... Same crashalot drivers. Oh well. I shall not care about my SR anymore. Nothing I can do to stop them bashing me and I get penalised for it.

Last edited:
Can't wait until the full game gets released so we all can have a private lobby with clean drivers.
That sounds pretty good right now. I am not enjoying some of the other drivers and their antics right now. Also, The lobbies will hopefully stop disconnecting me just as i am about to enter a race.

I am not going to bother with Brands Hatch anymore... That is where I lose my SR and then i gain it all back again in Dragon Trail course. I think I will stick to open tracks until they sort the ramming issue out.

Nicely done. I really enjoy Dragon Trail and Big Willow tracks on this game. I have my go to cars and they always make those races fun and often increase my stats. I found some speed in the BMW car but I am not happy with the tail action going on. Gotta get that sorted out before I post a tune.

Are you just driving it stock at the moment @chrisspeed281 or have you found a tune elsewhere on this forum?

Nicely done. I really enjoy Dragon Trail and Big Willow tracks on this game. I have my go to cars and they always make those races fun and often increase my stats. I found some speed in the BMW car but I am not happy with the tail action going on. Gotta get that sorted out before I post a tune.

Are you just driving it stock at the moment @chrisspeed281 or have you found a tune elsewhere on this forum?
For the BMW M6 i have only found a tune from praiano , btw i have tried your tune for the Subaru WRX , it works very good , it's easy to get a 1:48 time at Brands Hatch but i was sitting in a Beer Garden when the N300 race was online :)

For the BMW M6 i have only found a tune from praiano , btw i have tried your tune for the Subaru WRX , it works very good , it's easy to get a 1:48 time at Brands Hatch but i was sitting in a Beer Garden when the N300 race was online :)
The Scooby tune will do 1.48s all day long. Maybe a 1.47 if you are very lucky but it is certainly a cruiser with handling rather than a time trial rocket. :)

That sounds like a nice alternative to racing with the crashalots you guys have been dealing with in the lobbies. :cheers:

Where did you find that Praiano tune for the M6?

Back