Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
GT-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Logo-Mittel-Artikelbild-Tailor-DKS.jpg

Ford Mustang Gr. 4

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
65/100
21.20/17.60
4/3
4/6
2/4
1.2/2.0
-0.08/0.14

Convert from Spring Rate kgf/mm to Newton/mm
http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

Aerodynamics
250/525

FC LSD
20/16/12

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.550
2nd 2.520
3rd 1.924
4th 1.505
5th 1.212
6th 1.040
Set final gear to 3.250

A base tune designed to keep you on the track and raise your driving stats. This tune will happily go round Dragon Trail in the 1.55s all day long without any effort. Enjoy.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170512084548.jpg

Hi Shaun tried your Scooby STi tune, quite like it, feels like it's more settled with less body roll. Managed a 1:46 around Brands so not bad.

I can't wait until they open up the race times, it's far too restrictive for me as I'm always putting the kid's to bed between 18:00-20:00, by the time In done its pretty much all over.

Watching the Porsche video makes me think it may have been embedded in the recent update, might be wrong but here's hoping..

I have just about had enough of "matched lobbies" now. I figured out that class C SR ratings means crashalots and Class B means to "bully" the clean drivers. Slipped down from a B to a C again. PD! sort this rating system out so those who do not initiate rams are not penalised. It is terribly infuriating to say the least.

I really cannot wait till we have our own private lobbies where proper matched drivers can go toe to toe.

On a less ranty note, thanks for trying out the Scooby tune @MrCrynox. I am glad you enjoyed it and I have used it many times in online races. Yet again, the only thing that let the tune down was the other drivers in the lobby. Oh wait, there I go ranting again. My bad. :)

View attachment 646845

Ford Mustang Gr. 4

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
65/100
21.20/17.60
4/3
4/6
2/4
1.2/2.0
-0.08/0.14

Convert from Spring Rate kgf/mm to Newton/mm
http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

Aerodynamics
250/525

FC LSD
20/16/12

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.550
2nd 2.520
3rd 1.924
4th 1.505
5th 1.212
6th 1.040
Set final gear to 3.250

A base tune designed to keep you on the track and raise your driving stats. This tune will happily go round Dragon Trail in the 1.55s all day long without any effort. Enjoy.

View attachment 646846
Thank you for your GTS tunes

Hey guys!How are things going here?Its been a long time and my last 4 months were full of exams so I couldn't be here :)

Greetings!

It's going great i'd say, as of late there's been helpful tips for both GT6 and GTS on this page.

How are things on your end?

Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99

500PP
236 BHP
705kgs
Weight Distrubution 45:55

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
80/85
7.60/14.50
5/6
5/7
3/5
1.0/0.5
-0.08/0.12

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.775
2nd 2.171
3rd 1.718
4th 1.416
5th 1.209
6th 1.064
Set final gear to 3.960

FC LSD
10/14/22
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.2%
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Downforce - Set to 125
Ballast - Set 54kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 175770
View attachment 175771

This tune gave me gold in the 500 PP Race Car Challenge at Deep Forest.Is very slow in the straights but in the corners and in the uphill sections of the main straight it can go very fast,however,only won by 0.324

Just managed to pull off a 6:41.550 on "The Green Hell" in the Walkenhorst M6 GT3.

I knew this car had the stuff to make it happen. Made some mistakes along the way, if i can clean them up i should be able to land a 6:40 or even a 6:39.

Gonna tinker some more and see what i can do.

What ai have found odd with GT sport is the only person showing up on my FL list is @LordJCS at Big willow.
Has a good 3 seconds on me too. My McClairen GT3 feels glued to the track or it feels like its on ice skates can't seem to happy middle ground it. But if I can clean up my hill top line I'll catch up and beat mr @LordJCS my car is fast i just ditch too much time up top and on the last turn.
Is anyone doing green hell at all? Cause my list empty.

What ai have found odd with GT sport is the only person showing up on my FL list is @LordJCS at Big willow.
Has a good 3 seconds on me too. My McClairen GT3 feels glued to the track or it feels like its on ice skates can't seem to happy middle ground it. But if I can clean up my hill top line I'll catch up and beat mr @LordJCS my car is fast i just ditch too much time up top and on the last turn.
I did a slow lap around green hell. Like dinosaur slow.

How about looking above your own post my good sir, and you'll find my time that i set on the Green Hell..

So... You're saying that you are ditching enough around Big Willow to be 3 sec behind?

Are you by any chance running the Paris Dakkar rally?!

Last edited:
How about looking above your own post my good sir, and you'll find my time that i set on the Green Hell..

So... You're saying that you are ditching enough around Big Willow to be 3 sec behind?

Are you by any chance running the Paris Dakkar rally?!
:lol: no I'm staying on track. I'm just flubbing my line at the top of the hill and start finish straight so I'm loosing tons of time.
Hmm GT3 on green hell? I was running the N300 class. Evo 5 a bit over 8 minute laps.
You must be doing the other green hell.

I did a slow lap around green hell. Like dinosaur slow.
Bah just get your Nordschilf legs back. :)

:lol: no I'm staying on track. I'm just flubbing my line at the top of the hill and start finish straight so I'm loosing tons of time.
Hmm GT3 on green hell? I was running the N300 class. Evo 5 a bit over 8 minute laps.
You must be doing the other green hell.

Bah just get your Nordschilf legs back. :)
Back? I can't remember a time that I had them to start with. I would like to find them though for sure. :lol:

Your welcome. Are you part of the US beta testers then? If so, do you see any of the european players during your races?
Your welcome. Are you part of the US beta testers then? If so, do you see any of the european players during your races?
Yes I am. I have seen racers from Canada and was in a race with Praiano. I have also seen a green and yellow flag. My friend from Australia said none of his friends have been invited as of yet.

New sets of tracks today.
Brands Hatch Indy N300 class
Dragon Trail GT4
North Ridge oval GT3 locked tuning.
The oval is interesting, its almost all line for lap time. And your cars inherent exit grip level.

That's why i use the VW VGT GT3 as i find that car to have excellent exit-grip.

You can really pound the gas early and get loads of extra speed through the corner and on to the straight.

@chrisspeed281

I've also spent countless hours and laps around green hell.. It's really rewarding once you know the "ins and outs" of that track.

From the few times we actually ran that track together on GT6 and the Time trials.. It shows that you've invested some serious time on that track.

I can't wait until GT Sport gets launched so we can once again have our duells around the green hell.

Last edited:
what do you mean with that: its almost all line for lap time. And your cars inherent exit grip level.

i do not understand...
Each car has a different exit line and top speed based on it's exit grip.
Take say the mustang you have to go low and wait till 3/4 through the turn to floor it. The McClairen can sit the middle and hold at just past the apex but it has a lower top speed than the mustang but higher avgerage speed due to being able to hold a better line through the turn.

Here's from my latest excursion @ Brands Hatch GP with the Italian popcorn popper. (Alfa Romeo 4C GR4)

Landed a 1:34,604 after a bunch of restarts and countless tweaks to the diff and rear suspension.. Even after all the tweaks it still showed it's tail happiness..

A fun car to drive, not as fun trying to tame it..

Last edited:
Back