Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
@steefpeef you are right 👍 At GT Sport the braking is poor, all i can get when i press the breakpedal as hard as i can is shown at the Picture below. With GT6 everything work much better. I need to find a solution, i will try to remove the rubber block. Thanks for the hint. I had a Trustmaster so no G27 pedals.

View attachment 645573
Hope you don't mind me asking :odd:. When there is no brake applied, is that bar clear and if so. Have you tried using Traction control? If so, does the same thing happen with the throttle bar, when you have the throttle (Mashed :D) open?

I know that in previous GT's, the red bar on the throttle was showing how much power wasn't being delivered/where the TC was cutting the power. Could this be a similar thing letting us know how much and when the ABS is having to work? :cool:.

:cheers:

Hope you don't mind me asking :odd:. When there is no brake applied, is that bar clear and if so. Have you tried using Traction control? If so, does the same thing happen with the throttle bar, when you have the throttle (Mashed :D) open?

I know that in previous GT's, the red bar on the throttle was showing how much power wasn't being delivered/where the TC was cutting the power. Could this be a similar thing letting us know how much and when the ABS is having to work? :cool:.

:cheers:
I had ABS light but the Picture was taken when the Car stay still , i will try it out tomorrow with ABS off , anyway the brake feels not good , but thank you :)

I don't think the brake is good either, I can't seem to get much feel out of it. I'm using a Thrustmaster 3 pedal set.
I thought that the red bit was maybe the abs ? Maybe if abs is set to off it might go away ?
On another note as much as I'm trying to ignore it the flashing 'brake' is really off-putting. Can't wait till they get rid of it.
On another note doesn't Dragon Trail look nice since the update

I started using the G29 with AC , and i like to drive without shoes (sorry for the tmi).

I have a fanatec wheelstand, so with the g29 pedals my whole setup (i don't want to call it rig) became physically unstable and i was even slower. I read on other places that this could happen. So I did not get rid of the G27... The rubberblock removal seems to deliver the same result. More details here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-make-the-g29-brake-pedal-less-stiff.345411/

Others buy aftermarket rubberblocks and put them in a G27 to make it stiffer... It is a question of taste...

Thank you for the kind words, i am so glad that gt is coming alive again (on ps4, i don't play ps3 anymore). The old feeling is coming back again... also thanks to gtp!!!

I added you and sent the requests to Lord and Chris...

if there is someone else to add please do!

all the best and grts from Holland, Stefan

Saw your friend request just now and accepted it.

GT Sport peoples.

Anyone else having problems connecting to the network when you have been matched with players of "similar ability"... ? I use this term lightly as half the people I tend to race with like to bash you out the way.

I was about to go into a Gr. 4 race and I was unable to join due to a network error. The same thing happened to me the other night as well. It is kind of annoying now.

GT Sport peoples.

Anyone else having problems connecting to the network when you have been matched with players of "similar ability"... ? I use this term lightly as half the people I tend to race with like to bash you out the way.

I was about to go into a Gr. 4 race and I was unable to join due to a network error. The same thing happened to me the other night as well. It is kind of annoying now.

I was up to a clean C in SR..... Until i joined the GT3 class around Brands Hatch...

Now i'm down to E because some muppets kept ramming me, and i get punished for it?!
I kept my lines clean and was mindfull of the opponents position on the track.

There needs to be a major overhaul in the SR judging of the game when it's finished or it's gonna make me and others not wanna be a part of this game.

Unfair penalties needs to end.

Come on PD, get your act together...

This is a racing game, not a bumper car simulator.

This game is really confusing tonight. I have been tuning up the V12 Vantage, settings that should work do not and settings that are odd to say the least get me a 1.41 lap. Is it just me or have the physics changed slightly for GT3 cars?
That's just you Shaun, the best time i got with the Vantage is a 1:42.3.. , Would you mind to share your setting ?

Unknown.jpeg

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 ’12 Gr. 3

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
70/85
26.40/26.25
5/5
4/4
3/5
1.5/2.0
-0.02/0.08

Convert from Spring Rate kgf/mm to Newton/mm

http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

Aerodynamics
400/760

FC LSD
18/30/25

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.590
2nd 2.575
3rd 1.930
4th 1.500
5th 1.215
6th 1.045
Set final gear to 3.218
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

A base tune for this wonderful machine. I was not completely happy with it, as it can still spin on you, but it appears to be quick around Dragon Trail - Seaside track.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170506232859.jpg

View attachment 645857

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 ’12 Gr. 3

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
70/85
26.40/26.25
5/5
4/4
3/5
1.5/2.0
-0.02/0.08

http://www.unitconversion.org/torque/newton-meters-to-kilogram-force-meters-conversion.html

Aerodynamics
400/760

FC LSD
18/30/25

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.590
2nd 2.575
3rd 1.930
4th 1.500
5th 1.215
6th 1.045
Set final gear to 3.218

A base tune for this wonderful machine. I was not completely happy with it, as it can still spin on you, but it appears to be quick around Dragon Trail - Seaside track.

View attachment 645860
Thank you for this very good tune Shaun , i got a 1:40,9 :)

@Otaliema - Have you had any time to test out GT Sport recently? I keep thinking I will see your times on FL but haven't seen any as yet.
Umm Diablo 3 has been holding my interest as of late. I'll try tge new patch Monday.
Last patch messed up my daily reward but no other changes. I reported it. That i hit 24.9 miles and never go past lol.
Edit corrected distance

Last edited:
Is this thing is going to happen in GT Sports, well it is going to be like online Quick Matches in GT6.

Don't know, but it sure felt like the "Quick matches" all over again.. I tried them ONCE in GT6, that was enough for me to stay away from it.

Oh btw...

I've been uploading some more vids today. Might post some of them here later.

Also got the Mclaren 650S GT3 as my daily exercise win.

The smile on my face when i saw it must've made me look like a mad man. Been wanting that car since i first saw it. Haven't found any tune for it tho..

Last edited:
Don't know, but it sure felt like the "Quick matches" all over again.. I tried them ONCE in GT6, that was enough for me to stay away from it.

Oh btw...

I've been uploading some more vids today. Might post some of them here later.

Also got the Mclaren 650S GT3 as my daily exercise win.

The smile on my face when i saw it must've made me look like a mad man. Been wanting that car since i first saw it. Haven't found any tune for it tho..
I believe I can help you out with a base tune. It isn't going to be the fastest tune out there but if you want SR increases, it is very easy to drive and easy to keep on track.

GT-Gran-Turismo-Sport-Logo-Mittel-Artikelbild-Tailor-DKS.jpg

McLaren 650S GT3 ‘15 Gr. 3

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
70/75
21.60/28.40
5/4
4/5
2/4
1.0/1.0
-0.05/0.08

Aerodynamics
400/770

FC LSD
18/24/16

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.640
2nd 2.650
3rd 2.000
4th 1.560
5th 1.265
6th 1.085
Set final gear to 3.345

A very good base tune for this car. Easy to drive and has great traction and control. Can get a little slippery at times but feel free to adjust the tune as required.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170507110613.jpg

Jaguar F-Type Gr. 3

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
70/75
26.90/26.50
5/4
4/6
2/5
0.8/1.5
-0.06/0.08

Aerodynamics
400/765

FC LSD
16/22/12

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 4.670
2nd 3.250
3rd 2.460
4th 1.900
5th 1.520
6th 1.278
Set final gear to 2.600

A fast, easy to drive F-Type. A really good base tune that should help you out in online races. Enjoy.

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170507110648.jpg

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport ‘13

Traction Control 1

Racing Hard Tyres

Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
65/70
5/3
4/7 (4/6)
2/4
1.0/1.6 (1.0/1.4)
-0.06/0.08

Aerodynamics
400/750

FC LSD
20/30/18

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 168mph
1st 3.700
2nd 2.645
3rd 2.620
4th 1.576
5th 1.278
6th 1.095
Set final gear to 3.000

This tune works well and has lots of overall grip. The bracketed numbers are variations that work with driver preference for this car. You can try out the different settings if you don't get on with the non-bracketed settings. Hope this tune helps you out. Enjoy :)

Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170507110712.jpg

Thanks @shaunm80 for providing a tune for the 650S.

Gonna give that one a go later on today.

Here be my latest outing with the "pasta rocket" @ Dragon Trail.

Lap time: 1:40,245

As per usual i only use ABS set to low, everything else is turned off and of course i use manual transmission.

Gonna make a few tweaks on the diff and dampers on the rear to try and get more power to the tarmac.

Goal is to go into the 1:39's

Back