Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Unexpected i have seen our Buddy @Badger66 in the friendlist of the GT6 Seasonals :)

gt.JPG
[/USER]

Question time folks, Is there still an appetite from those who follow my thread to continue updating the twice monthly seasonal events? If there isn't much interest due to the GT Sport and a very hopeful Oct/Nov release date, I may stop with the regular seasonal post updates but I leave this one up to all of you.

Good news for GT Sport players. I have been working on some great cars and when we have a track rotation, I will try and finish off a good base tune for some of the Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 cars I have been testing out. Hopefully get an tune or two released in the next week or so.

For the record I still look forward to your seasonal updates, but this is maybe because I stumbled across your thread long after I finished, well almost, GT6.
I like trying your tunes and look forward to using them when GTS finally launches.
I intend to stick around here for as long as you keep this going as tunes not withstanding, I find this forum thread to be one of the friendliest places to be!

Last edited:
Saw Priano on the top of Nurburgring today for GR3 class.
There is something i am just not getting with tuning in GTS. All my cars go from sticky to slick is the space of one turn.
If you can hang on to them. They are fast. But man are they unforgiving right now.

Saw Priano on the top of Nurburgring today for GR3 class.
There is something i am just not getting with tuning in GTS. All my cars go from sticky to slick is the space of one turn.
If you can hang on to them. They are fast. But man are they unforgiving right now.
Hey Otaliema you say that the cars are sticky to slick and are unforgiving right now, I have notice this after the 1.07 update, my Lancer I tuned myself was handling well before the update and after the update, like you describe all my cars go from sticky to slick is the space of one turn, so I have to make changes to the tune again to try and get it right again, is that the same you are having or something else ?.

Last edited:
Hey Otaliema you say that the cars are sticky to slick and are unforgiving right now, I have notice this after the 1.07 update, my Lancer I tuned myself was handling well before the update and after the update, like you describe all my cars go from sticky to slick is the space of one turn, so I have to make changes to the tune again to try and get it right again, is that the same you are having or something else ?.
I have found the same thing... That McLaren 650S tune was amazing before the last update. Now it handles oddly indeed. Grippy then no grip at all. This is one reason why I have only created base tunes without going nuts on them. Physics seem to constantly change. The only cars that are still good to drive are the Scooby, Lancer and the Gr 4 GT-R. Somehow they have survived the updates.

I think they tweaked the road surface. Can't test that as they will not give us more tracks. Or open up arcade mode.

But from what I gathered watching. They changed the grip loss coefficient. It's sudden when at speed.

Ohh on a side note. I established the missing break bar is the ABS kicking in and stopping it from applying.
I turned it off snd got full bar no red or missing levels but also near total lock up if I used more than 50% pressure.

Ferrari 599 '06

550PP
555 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Dist 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
90/95
13.00/15.00
5/6
4/7
2/5
2.0/1.0
-0.06/0.10

Racing Braking Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.216
2nd 2.470
3rd 1.944
4th 1.584
5th 1.336
6th 1.160
Set final gear to 3.200

FC LSD
10/12/6
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 86.2%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast
Set 36kgs to position -50

Tested on A Spec willow springs. It is a little tight on the front but take it easy and drive this car sensibly and it will give you the win very easily. Alternatively, if you don't get on with this setup, I have been told that if you take the 600PP SS version, detune to 550PP and use the original settings, that tune is capable of 1.18s and a easy win too. Basicly, you have 2 options at 550PP with the same car to suit your driving style.

Edit: I have fine tuned this car a little more. In free mode, I had this car running 1.18.5s - 1.19.5s consistently. Its still a little tight but this stops the rear end from sliding out from underneath you on the long corners which cost me time if I used the detuned 600PP version.

Engaging stunt car mode
View attachment 174649
View attachment 174650

Great tune Shaun! Ran this at Ascari and had a blast driving it. I have bought and fully tuned an number of cars with the Ascari Event. I now have a stable full of Ferraris. Honestly can't say I have a favorite but I think your tune for the 458 is in the top 3. I like aero parts and was surprised that there were none for the 599. I didn't want to hang an ugly custom wing on the bacK of such a nice car. As usual you have surely got the touch for making a great tune on just about any car. I suppose that you will be moving on to the PS4 and GT Sport when it comes out. Unfortunately it will be a while before I can do that. So I want to thank you for all of the wins and golds that your tunes have allowed me to make since GT5. I know that you will be missed by me and I'm sure many others as you move on. Hopefully I'll win the lottery or something so that I can get a PS4. It's really quite funny that I just got my own PS3 a week ago. It was used but by a close friend who I know took very good care of it. I just have the task of trying to move all of my GT5 and GT6 data to mine. I have been playing on my youngest son's PS3 since GT5. Again thanks Mate! Your friend Barnabas

I just have the task of trying to move all of my GT5 and GT6 data to mine. I have been playing on my youngest son's PS3 since GT5.
Congrats on your own PS3.
Transfer of data is best done with a external hdd if you want to save downloading the patches.
You can't use the system copy or you get your sons profile and log in.
Unless you had your own on his system.
If you did than just do a system copy. Snd your good.
I know some games like EA and Square Enix link save files to profiles so can't share a file with a friend. I don't know if PD did that.

I am just not getting the physics in GTS.
I can get the cars to turn with no throttle and give me sweeping turns on throttle but I can't seem to get low speed rotation on throttle correctly turned it i either get way too much or i get a car that is straight :banghead:
From what I've figured out toe settings are king. Default the settings and adjust the toe and you get a good car. Start messing with anything else and forget it.

I am just not getting the physics in GTS.
I can get the cars to turn with no throttle and give me sweeping turns on throttle but I can't seem to get low speed rotation on throttle correctly turned it i either get way too much or i get a car that is straight :banghead:
From what I've figured out toe settings are king. Default the settings and adjust the toe and you get a good car. Start messing with anything else and forget it.
I am getting the same feeling also, to me the grip level seems to go away when coming to a corner and not much on the throttle, yes tuning a car Otaliema in GT Sports is a nightmare at the moment I found.

Last edited:
Try default settings with half the resr toe 50% wing if a GR car.
About the only thing that works the same as GT5/6 is the LSD.
Have you notice this, the very first time you tune up a car the settings stay that way even if you go out of the game or close down the PS4.
When you come back in the game and make further changes to the car suspension or the gearbox to the same car, and then you go out of the game again or close down the PS4, go back in the game and the settings revert back to the very first time you tune the car, and you think is that strange.

Have you notice this, the very first time you tune up a car the settings stay that way even if you go out of the game or close down the PS4.
When you come back in the game and make further changes to the car suspension or the gearbox to the same car, and then you go out of the game again or close down the PS4, go back in the game and the settings revert back to the very first time you tune the car, and you think is that strange.
I didn't notice that. Have you bug repoted it?

@shaunm80 I'm hijacking your thread for a post. :lol:
Ota's kitchen.
High protein Fruit shake.
It's not gritty like most high protein shakes.
Total nutrmints are based on your final amounts and what you use to make it.
When using as listed you will have approximately 32g of protein, about 40g of sugar, 10g carbs, 10g fiber and 19g mono-unsaturated fat(the good one). 2g polyunsaturated fat (the bad one) (only source is the peanut butter)
75g triberry mixed fruit frozen, blue berry, rasberries, black berries)
40g frozen strawberries
227g Greek yogurt
50ml almond milk
34g Peanut nutter (or any of your choice just two servings worth)
30g honey

Build this like a parfait.
Start with the triberry mix fruit in the botttom, add the milk, now add the yogurt tamp down and spread up the sides of the cup to make a big hole and shield the side of the container from the honey and nut butter. Place thee honey in at this point, add th nut butter on top finally place the strawberries in. Close the container and blitz till smooth.
Enjoy :)
Note the honey is solely to remove the high tartness, so it's optional if you like tart and tangy.
Additions.
Caco Powder, 5-10g worth depending on how chocolaty you want it.
Cayenne pepper max 1/4 tsp unless you like high levels of heat, no the high level of dairy wont save you in this. I've tried.
And for those of you that are LI, so am I. It's fine 👍

@shaunm80 I'm hijacking your thread for a post. :lol:
Ota's kitchen.
High protein Fruit shake.
It's not gritty like most high protein shakes.
Total nutrmints are based on your final amounts and what you use to make it.
When using as listed you will have approximately 32g of protein, about 40g of sugar, 10g carbs, 10g fiber and 19g mono-unsaturated fat(the good one). 2g polyunsaturated fat (the bad one) (only source is the peanut butter)
75g triberry mixed fruit frozen, blue berry, rasberries, black berries)
40g frozen strawberries
227g Greek yogurt
50ml almond milk
34g Peanut nutter (or any of your choice just two servings worth)
30g honey

Build this like a parfait.
Start with the triberry mix fruit in the botttom, add the milk, now add the yogurt tamp down and spread up the sides of the cup to make a big hole and shield the side of the container from the honey and nut butter. Place thee honey in at this point, add th nut butter on top finally place the strawberries in. Close the container and blitz till smooth.
Enjoy :)
Note the honey is solely to remove the high tartness, so it's optional if you like tart and tangy.
Additions.
Caco Powder, 5-10g worth depending on how chocolaty you want it.
Cayenne pepper max 1/4 tsp unless you like high levels of heat, no the high level of dairy wont save you in this. I've tried.
And for those of you that are LI, so am I. It's fine 👍
When you are free in your kitchen Otaliema, can you make me some fruit buns, pancakes and some apple and strawberry pies and a nice chocolate cake as well thanks.

When you are free in your kitchen Otaliema, can you make me some fruit buns, pancakes and some apple and strawberry pies and a nice chocolate cake as well thanks.
Hmm Pancakes no problem. have two that I fall back on readily. Same with Pan purdue. (french toast for you american types)
Apple pie sure, won't be m recipe tho, Alton Brown has one of the best IMO, just change the apple types to suite your taste. Strawberry pie? Need way too much sugar to get it to stay together, but like cherry pie it's good :lol:. Top with some Brown sugar maple whipped cream and man :drool:
Fruit buns.....Shouldn't be too hard. Soft or crunchy? Mix or strawberry?
Although my bacon wrapped basil chicken is pretty darn good too....:sly:

Back