Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
I have done the Seasonals from GT6 and next week i will start with Dirt Rally again ,or maybe Assetto Corsa .

Ps3 is not here anymore :embarrassed: ,

Dirt rally is fun, i spent a lot of time with it, but it did not help me to refine my driving skills... so i think it will be AC , but i have to find a goal there, maybe keeping track of my hotlap times... on paper :banghead: i miss the vibe in AC... i loved to battle you with qualifying times in Gts... that made me turn on the ps4 several times during the day and look what you did...:cheers: :cool: :banghead: :bowdown:

Well back to grind of RPG's.
Sorta. GTS felt like a grind for me. Could never do online racing and no friends to chase on lists.
Maybe the full release will be better.

I was very Skyrim until GTS, i think it will be AC again (to teach me manners again :confused:) and some Skyrim... or i will dig a hole and hibernate until september and October!!!

Dragonage Inqustion and D3 for me and some Mass Effect on the weekends on the trusty PS3.

Ota's cookbook
Note this recipe is quite lengthy so I'm putting it in a spolier button.
It's for Cream of Mushroom Soup. But this one you can make a meal of for three or four people or one teenager. :lol:
Sorry i dont have metric weights on this one like i did the shake.
1 pound Baby Portabella mushroms
Or mix of earthy mushrooms.
4 strips of thick cut bacon
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic
1/2 medium large sweet onion
1/2 tsp sea salt fine grain
1/4 tsp fresh fine ground pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Optional 1/8 tsp grains of pairadise fine ground.
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp butter.

Start by heating a 4 qt stick pot, recommended cast iron if available over medium heat.
Slice bacon in to 1/2 inch wide squares, put them in and cook till the fat potions are browned, stiring to break up all bacon peices. remove all bacon bits and place in bowl. DO NOT DRAIN THE FAT.
Reduce heat to low.

While the bacon is cooking medium fine chop the onion. Remove the core peices. You want everything about 1/4 inch sized.
Place onions in bacon fat and cook on low till well browned and soft. Put a pinch of salt in to help speed this up. Should take about fifteen minutes.
Stir occasionally.

While the onions are cooking wash and slice the mushrooms in to quaters. Larger ones in to sixths. Finly Mince the garlic.

After the onions are done, put the butter in and melt and than put the garlic in and stir well cook a couple minutes till fragrant.
Put the mushrooms in and stir to coat them all in the butter and bacon fat.
Turn up pan heat to medium low.
Cook five to ten minutes till all mushrooms are darkened and softened. About ten minutes.
While they are cooking measure out cream, make broth if making from bouillon.
Mesure out spices.
Once the mushrooms are darkened and softened add flour and stir very well to absorb all oil and fat.
Reduce heat to low and cook ten minutes stirring frequently to prevent burning you're making a nut roue.
Add cream and pour broth through cream cup to get it all out.
Stir well to mix in the roue in.
Turn up heat to medium.
Bring to boil and resuce to simmer stir occasionally and cook for ten to fifteen minutes.
Stir in bacon and serve.

Been a while since i posted anything here, so here's my way of informing you guys that all is well with the "Lord" of tire smoke.

Here be a vid of some majestic Group C action on Spa..

Ya know with how much of a drift king you are you sure don't post many drift vids :P
Good to see you're still chugging along.

I'll be slow into GTsport after launch. Not going to be home after launch of the game.

Any of you guys try the Logitech G29 with both PS3 and PS4? I'm thinking of taking the plunge.
As long as its got good FF and solid pedal assembly any wheel is better than a controler for racing games.
As for combatabiliy with games do a little research online as to the best wheel overall.
The G29 is good heck anything from logitec is good imo as long as it's not an entry level item.
You may see if anyof the PS4 wheels are compatible with a computer that can help with lifespan of use.

Ota's cookbook.
Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
It's creamy, buttery and toasty can you ask for more?

3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup almond or cashew milk
1/2 cup hard pack dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp (roughly) vanilla extract
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup medium chopped pecans
2 Tbsp UnSalted butter

Hardware
2 qt metal pot ( not non stick)
1 small omlet pan
1 sm whisk
1 ladle
1 large bowl make sure your pot fits inside easy with space.
Ice lots of it 3/4 of your large bowl.
3 tbsp regular salt

Chop your pecans, melt the butter in your small pan. Toast the pecans on low heat 5-8 minutes. Stir frequently. Store in a bowl.
In your pot combine cream and nut milk and heat slowly toll untill 185 degrees or steaming heavily but not bubbling.

While the cream mix is heating, combine the brown sugar, egg yolks salt and vanilla and mix untill smooth.

Once the the cream is at temp add a small amount to the sugar mix combine throughly, now add about half of the cream mix to the sugar mix slowly so we don't get clumps. Pour contents back i to the pot and heat until simmer stiring almost constantly, it will start to increase in volume in the pot thats yout cue its done remove from heat.

Now in your large bowl combine ice and regular salt, stir to melt. Place your pot in the bowl. If you have to hold it your don't have enough ice water add more ice.
IMG_0341.JPG

Cool to 40 degrees.
Place in ice cream make and follow directions fir when to add the pecans.
If you don't have a maker google how to make by hand.
Note temps are in F

Edit adjust sugar level.

Last edited:
I am on holiday now for a couple of weeks in northern germany , @ the jadebusen in east friesland... Took the ps4 with ds4 with me (told the flog/heard that we need it for netflix :rolleyes: :mischievous: :banghead: :cool: ) ... so when i had peace and quiet i just entered some online lobbies with car's or track's i choose...

And i must say, not bad !!! , internet is weak here, but still some nice races or just cruisin' @ nordschleife tourist in different classes...

what is nice - often - there is a kind of pack that chases each other and if someone crashes eventually, the whole pack waits... , no crash kiddie's...
I never encountered the same players... they did not even show up in the "encountered online players" in the corresponding menu...

so... AC online seems to provide a satisfying experience (for me at last) and sweeten's the wait for october... i think i will wait with pc2 until it is in a sale... had a lot of fun with pc1 but after doing AC and GTS i disliked the physic's when i went back to try... but that is personal...

Well, my G29 arrived, and I have used it quite a bit already. I can say honestly that I am a terrible driver using it. It's like starting all over. At the same time it is way more fun than a DS3. The table I have it mounted to is not heavy or stable enough, but I have a rough plan and the lumber to build a stand. I think once I have that, I'll be able to control the cars again. I hope you all are well, Cheers! :cheers:

it will grow on you, your subconscious and your muscle memory have to adapt... and it is track and task dependent. Be patient, but you seem patient, so that is fine... the most important thing is to emerge and forget about everything else around you and have fun!

how do you like the brake pedal? if it is too heavy you can take out the rubber block, as chris did, but is saw your likes when we discussed that, so you know...

it will grow on you, your subconscious and your muscle memory have to adapt... and it is track and task dependent. Be patient, but you seem patient, so that is fine... the most important thing is to emerge and forget about everything else around you and have fun!

how do you like the brake pedal? if it is too heavy you can take out the rubber block, as chris did, but is saw your likes when we discussed that, so you know...
To me the brake pedal on my G29 is very good, so you really do not need to remove the rubber block.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :) And you are right about different tracks, I finished under 10 minutes at Brands Hatch last night, but have yet to win at London. This might sound funny but I like driving with a manual transmission using the wheel. I have never liked manual using the DS3. :ill:
The brake pedal is a little stiff, but so far it's fine. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

It will take you a good 100 hours of using the wheel to get even with your DS3/4 times.
Keep at it, you may also find yourself tunibg your cars to be a bit looser in time.

I bought a T300RS wheel and the upgraded pedal set with the clutch pedal. I tried and tried with it but after months sold it.

I just couldn't match my controller times. I couldn't get comfortable with it. For me, I could, (obviously), steer more progressively than controller but couldn't seem to operate the throttle or brake pedals, (esp the brake), as easily and smoothly as I can with the triggers.

All despite the fact that I have been driving real cars for about 25 years!

I tried and tried but in the end decided to sell it. I think that part of the problem was the fact that the pedals didn't feel like they do in a real car, especially the brake pedal.

@TripleE63 I'm not trying to be negative Im just passing on my personal experience. I'm just saying that I don't think it's for everyone despite all the pro wheel and pedal comments that are out there. I glad I tried it out but personally I much prefer a controller despite really wanting to like the wheel and pedals.

I do wish you good luck with it though:)

Last edited:
Hey @TripleE63 I have been using a wheel for just over 5 years now and I have not look back at a DS3. When using a wheel for the first time for GT6, you should go and compare your times in GT6 licence tests, and practise there until your time are better than your DS3 times and that what I did in GT5.
When I got my first wheel and it did not take me to long to get better times than with my DS3, it took me about a week for me to say good buy to my DS3 times, but it all depends on how much practise you do. Build yourself a frame, so you can put your wheel on it and make sure your pedal base is secured so it will not move, and learn left foot braking because you times will be faster than using you right foot I found and you should try it 👍.

Hey @TripleE63 I have been using a wheel for just over 5 years now and I have not look back at a DS3. When using a wheel for the first time for GT6, you should go and compare your times in GT6 licence tests, and practise there until your time are better than your DS3 times and that what I did in GT5.
When I got my first wheel and it did not take me to long to get better times than with my DS3, it took me about a week for me to say good buy to my DS3 times, but it all depends on how much practise you do. Build yourself a frame, so you can put your wheel on it and make sure your pedal base is secured so it will not move, and learn left foot braking because you times will be faster than using you right foot I found and you should try it 👍.
This is excellent advice 👍. I found what helped me most was using stock cars running WRS events. Trying the licence tests again will have the same effect but unfortunately the whole start/stop scenario of licence tests doesn't let you get into a rhythm (which I find important :crazy:). So it could also be an idea to run a few arcade mode TTs against your DS3 times instead of/as well as doing the tests again :).

Back