Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Otaliema

Otaliema

Another thing i did when i got my wheel was went to my favorite track, got my favorite car to drive stock and did laps with a DS3 until i got as good as I could get. Saved the best lap and started chasing myself until i was consistently faster. Than i started oushing past that time. I think i did about 300 laps at trial Mountian to get really good.
    Also helped that @DolHaus was doing his camber tests so did tons of laps with that as well.

2. TripleE63

TripleE63

Thanks for all the great ideas and encouragement. You guys are the best. I have my wheel stand mostly finished, I just need to do some cable management and paint. It feels rock solid, no wobble and no steering feedback undulations due to wobbly table. Now to start trying all the great ideas... :cheers:

3. Otaliema

Otaliema

You know you're going to have to post a picture now right? :lol::tup:

4. TripleE63

TripleE63

Here's a couple of pictures of my wheel stand. I still need to route wires, fasten the pedals down, and paint, but I'm happy with it so far. And, my better half is not upset about it. ;) Cheers to all! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Attached Files:

5. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Looks really good my friend :cheers:.

6. Otaliema

Otaliema

Very nicely done. Looks great.
    Now to get comfy and profit!!!

7. steefpeef

steefpeef

especially the couch, i want to lay down there now and take a nap!
    the wheelstand looks solid! You will be very fine with your setup!

8. Otaliema

Otaliema

For all you poor saps out the path of the eclipse today here are some shots from it.
    Got a couple of nice time lapse but can't load em here too big.
    I used a pin hole set to get the shots against a aging deck so pardon the back drops.
    These go from about 50% to 95% and back to 80%. The changing shape is the moon moving across the sun and both of the lm moving across the sky.
    IMG_0375.JPG IMG_0376.JPG IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0382.JPG IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0390.JPG IMG_0394.JPG IMG_0398.JPG

Edit; Youtube is good for videos :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  9. Otaliema

Otaliema

@shaunm80 i know you're hiding here someplace. Come out of what ever tool chest you're hiding in a say Hi at least.

chrisspeed281 and TripleE63 like this.
  10. shaunm80

shaunm80

Hi, I have been hiding. Finishing off my student placement, earning some cash and playing GTA 5, Battlefront, Need for Speed 2015 etc. Just waiting for GT Sport now. Since playing the beta version my ability to drive well on GT6 has gone down somewhat. Button bashing has become harder of late. :) It is a good thing though because it means i am better with R2 and L2 now on the PS4 at least.

I am sorry to say that GT6 is kind of a dying game for me right now, as in they don't do enough new stuff to keep me playing regularly.

Hope you guys are all doing okay. I will be more active when GT Sport comes out and hope to see you all in the new link for GT Sport tunes wherever that ends up.

11. Otaliema

Otaliema

Excellent to hear you're doing well, placement is always a good thing and earing cash is even better :tup:
    I hear ya on GTS. Can't wait for it be released. Was fun driving it in beta, just sad I couldn't do the online races due to scheduling conflects with time of races.
    Been playing D3 when I get the chance to play, or have been playing mass effect on my okd PS3 on work day breaks while we wait on supplies or something to cure or set up.
    I've been busy with helping get a house repaired and found out I get to do it again.
    My wife bought a house on me! :lol:
    Three times as big as the last one three times as nice too. (I know high quality problem)
    So get to spend 8-12 hours a day for a month painting and repairing it before we move in.
    Seen it once myself, just hoping the tree out front isn't infected with bug thats running through my area right now, 100% fatial to the tree and it spreads to all other trees with in 500 meters.

12. Otaliema

Otaliema

Ota's cook book
    Alfredo Sauce
    This is not you're normal recipe yow find online, this is not a bechamel based sauce. Its thickened with cheese and egg yolks only.
    It's rich it's tasty, and as my step father says it's as good as any he has had from professional kitchens and he is a pasta nut.
    If you're a fan of Pasta this is a great sauce to put on.
    Bring three things to the table when you have this.
    Yourself
    A healthy appatite
    A pillow for the nap you will need afterwards.
    4 servings
    1/4 cup and 2tbls butter
    2 cups heavy cream
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/4 white pepper
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp grains of paradise (optional)
    3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    3/4 cup Romano cheese
    2 egg yolks
    Juice of one lemon (1 Tbsp)

2 servings
    3 tbsp butter
    8 oz heavy cream
    1/8 tsp sea salt
    1/8 tsp white pepper
    1/4 cup +1 Tbsp parmesan
    1/4 cup +1 Tbsp Romano
    Couple pinches of
    Nutmeg
    Grain of Paradise (optional)
    1 egg yolk
    1/2 Tbsp lemon juice

Melt butter medium heat add cream stir constantly add salt (to taste) nutmeg and cheeses stir till melted and smooth add egg yolk and lemon juice mix throughly
    Simmer over med heat 3-5 min

The acid cuts the richness so it has a lighter taste and you don't feel so weighed down eating it. Doesn't do a thing about how rich the recipe is.

TripleE63 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  13. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam

I don't know if you guys still do GT6 Seasonals...Got gold on the Begineer at Cape Ring with this tune. Easy win by 17 secs!

14. Otaliema

Otaliema

Got room to shave off 50-80 pp from the car there nice run.

15. steefpeef

steefpeef

i hope you are all a bit ok after the storms...

TripleE63, Thorin Cain and Otaliema like this.
  16. Otaliema

Otaliema

I'm fine not near the coast.
    I relate. I hope anyone impacted by the storms are okay.
    I have family in both areas.
    I know my family in Texas is okay heard from them. Still waiting on my family in the Carolinas but that area only tropical storm level rain so they should be okay.

17. shaunm80

shaunm80

Hello all! Good news is that I have successfully completed my course, gained a 2:1 degree and start my new job on Monday. All exciting times for me. I have had a week away and found a photo location that should be identifiable to you all.

P1070344.JPG

Who doesn't remember this iconic location from the many seasonal races based on this track eh?

Well, GT Sport is just around the corner, How many of you have already purchased a PS4 and pre-ordered GT Sport ready for the release date? I look forward to seeing you all in the next instalment and hope you stick with me for the tunes ill be making for all you lovely people!

Racin510s, Dietrich, RMan72 and 9 others like this.
  18. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Congratulations Shaun. It's great to see all of your hard work, dedication and time was well spent. I wish you the best of luck in your new role :cheers:.

Nice photo too :tup:.

Otaliema, lasrjock, steefpeef and 6 others like this.
  19. Otaliema

Otaliema

Congrats sir. I hope the new job is all you expect and more than you hoped for.
    I have a 4 but haven't ordered GTS yet. Maybe in a day or three.
    Ahh loved that track. At least the GT2 version of it.

20. LordJCS

LordJCS

Speaking of new jobs. Turns out that my current employer won't renew my contract, but the place i've been out-sourced to didn't want to let me go, so coming 3rd of october i will be working for them directly.

chrisspeed281, shaunm80 and TripleE63 like this.
  21. shaunm80

shaunm80

Excellent news. That must mean a pay rise or better conditions then?

22. LordJCS

LordJCS

It most certainly does.

23. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Hey Guys, have you heard that a GT Sport Beta Demo comes on 9th October as a free Download and 4 days playable ? Can't wait :)

steefpeef, shaunm80, Jeje6410 and 2 others like this.
  24. shaunm80

shaunm80

I had not but I look forward to getting it. I think that is my day off from work too. Perfect timing.

25. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

The GT Sport Beta Demo is ready to download at the Play Store , playable on coming monday :)

22221796_1534916826577993_1525958273997357153_n.jpg

26. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam

I can't wait for this!

27. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

For first you got 50 000 credits and a rally car , the functions are all greyed out till monday . my fist car was the Subaru WRX Group B. :)

GT4.JPG wrx.JPG

28. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

No demo for me because I am going to wait until October 17th :tup:. ​

TripleE63, chrisspeed281 and Jeje6410 like this.
  29. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Ok, but do you know you would be able to transfer Credits (up to 1 million) and the cars you get (up to 8) to the final version. :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    TripleE63, fordlaser and Jeje6410 like this.
  30. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam

That Subaru looks amazing!