Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Another thing i did when i got my wheel was went to my favorite track, got my favorite car to drive stock and did laps with a DS3 until i got as good as I could get. Saved the best lap and started chasing myself until i was consistently faster. Than i started oushing past that time. I think i did about 300 laps at trial Mountian to get really good.
Also helped that @DolHaus was doing his camber tests so did tons of laps with that as well.

It will take you a good 100 hours of using the wheel to get even with your DS3/4 times.
Keep at it, you may also find yourself tunibg your cars to be a bit looser in time.

I bought a T300RS wheel and the upgraded pedal set with the clutch pedal. I tried and tried with it but after months sold it.

I just couldn't match my controller times. I couldn't get comfortable with it. For me, I could, (obviously), steer more progressively than controller but couldn't seem to operate the throttle or brake pedals, (esp the brake), as easily and smoothly as I can with the triggers.

All despite the fact that I have been driving real cars for about 25 years!

I tried and tried but in the end decided to sell it. I think that part of the problem was the fact that the pedals didn't feel like they do in a real car, especially the brake pedal.

@TripleE63 I'm not trying to be negative Im just passing on my personal experience. I'm just saying that I don't think it's for everyone despite all the pro wheel and pedal comments that are out there. I glad I tried it out but personally I much prefer a controller despite really wanting to like the wheel and pedals.

I do wish you good luck with it though:)

Hey @TripleE63 I have been using a wheel for just over 5 years now and I have not look back at a DS3. When using a wheel for the first time for GT6, you should go and compare your times in GT6 licence tests, and practise there until your time are better than your DS3 times and that what I did in GT5.
When I got my first wheel and it did not take me to long to get better times than with my DS3, it took me about a week for me to say good buy to my DS3 times, but it all depends on how much practise you do. Build yourself a frame, so you can put your wheel on it and make sure your pedal base is secured so it will not move, and learn left foot braking because you times will be faster than using you right foot I found and you should try it 👍.

This is excellent advice 👍. I found what helped me most was using stock cars running WRS events. Trying the licence tests again will have the same effect but unfortunately the whole start/stop scenario of licence tests doesn't let you get into a rhythm (which I find important :crazy:). So it could also be an idea to run a few arcade mode TTs against your DS3 times instead of/as well as doing the tests again :).

Another thing i did when i got my wheel was went to my favorite track, got my favorite car to drive stock and did laps with a DS3 until i got as good as I could get. Saved the best lap and started chasing myself until i was consistently faster. Than i started oushing past that time. I think i did about 300 laps at trial Mountian to get really good.
Also helped that @DolHaus was doing his camber tests so did tons of laps with that as well.

Thanks for all the great ideas and encouragement. You guys are the best. I have my wheel stand mostly finished, I just need to do some cable management and paint. It feels rock solid, no wobble and no steering feedback undulations due to wobbly table. Now to start trying all the great ideas... :cheers:

Thanks for all the great ideas and encouragement. You guys are the best. I have my wheel stand mostly finished, I just need to do some cable management and paint. It feels rock solid, no wobble and no steering feedback undulations due to wobbly table. Now to start trying all the great ideas... :cheers:
You know you're going to have to post a picture now right? :lol:👍

For all you poor saps out the path of the eclipse today here are some shots from it.
Got a couple of nice time lapse but can't load em here too big.
I used a pin hole set to get the shots against a aging deck so pardon the back drops.
These go from about 50% to 95% and back to 80%. The changing shape is the moon moving across the sun and both of the lm moving across the sky.
IMG_0375.JPG
IMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG

Edit; Youtube is good for videos :)

Last edited:
@shaunm80 i know you're hiding here someplace. Come out of what ever tool chest you're hiding in a say Hi at least.
Hi, I have been hiding. Finishing off my student placement, earning some cash and playing GTA 5, Battlefront, Need for Speed 2015 etc. Just waiting for GT Sport now. Since playing the beta version my ability to drive well on GT6 has gone down somewhat. Button bashing has become harder of late. :) It is a good thing though because it means i am better with R2 and L2 now on the PS4 at least.

I am sorry to say that GT6 is kind of a dying game for me right now, as in they don't do enough new stuff to keep me playing regularly.

Hope you guys are all doing okay. I will be more active when GT Sport comes out and hope to see you all in the new link for GT Sport tunes wherever that ends up.

Hi, I have been hiding. Finishing off my student placement, earning some cash and playing GTA 5, Battlefront, Need for Speed 2015 etc. Just waiting for GT Sport now. Since playing the beta version my ability to drive well on GT6 has gone down somewhat. Button bashing has become harder of late. :) It is a good thing though because it means i am better with R2 and L2 now on the PS4 at least.

I am sorry to say that GT6 is kind of a dying game for me right now, as in they don't do enough new stuff to keep me playing regularly.

Hope you guys are all doing okay. I will be more active when GT Sport comes out and hope to see you all in the new link for GT Sport tunes wherever that ends up.
Excellent to hear you're doing well, placement is always a good thing and earing cash is even better 👍
I hear ya on GTS. Can't wait for it be released. Was fun driving it in beta, just sad I couldn't do the online races due to scheduling conflects with time of races.
Been playing D3 when I get the chance to play, or have been playing mass effect on my okd PS3 on work day breaks while we wait on supplies or something to cure or set up.
I've been busy with helping get a house repaired and found out I get to do it again.
My wife bought a house on me! :lol:
Three times as big as the last one three times as nice too. (I know high quality problem)
So get to spend 8-12 hours a day for a month painting and repairing it before we move in.
Seen it once myself, just hoping the tree out front isn't infected with bug thats running through my area right now, 100% fatial to the tree and it spreads to all other trees with in 500 meters.

Ota's cook book
Alfredo Sauce
This is not you're normal recipe yow find online, this is not a bechamel based sauce. Its thickened with cheese and egg yolks only.
It's rich it's tasty, and as my step father says it's as good as any he has had from professional kitchens and he is a pasta nut.
If you're a fan of Pasta this is a great sauce to put on.
Bring three things to the table when you have this.
Yourself
A healthy appatite
A pillow for the nap you will need afterwards.
4 servings
1/4 cup and 2tbls butter
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 white pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp grains of paradise (optional)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup Romano cheese
2 egg yolks
Juice of one lemon (1 Tbsp)

2 servings
3 tbsp butter
8 oz heavy cream
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup +1 Tbsp parmesan
1/4 cup +1 Tbsp Romano
Couple pinches of
Nutmeg
Grain of Paradise (optional)
1 egg yolk
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice

Melt butter medium heat add cream stir constantly add salt (to taste) nutmeg and cheeses stir till melted and smooth add egg yolk and lemon juice mix throughly
Simmer over med heat 3-5 min

The acid cuts the richness so it has a lighter taste and you don't feel so weighed down eating it. Doesn't do a thing about how rich the recipe is.

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08

450PP
268 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
9.75/9.00
5/5
4/6
2/4
1.8/1.0
-0.12/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.706
2nd 2.092
3rd 1.660
4th 1.370
5th 1.162
6th 1.007
Set final gear to 4.100

FC LSD
8/10/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 81.0%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Ballast - Set 66kgs to position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

This is one of the cars which I was experimenting with camber with. If you are unsure as to what difference camber can make to a car. try setting this car up with 0.0/0.0 and see the difference that it has on the handling compared to the tune above.

View attachment 175774
View attachment 175775
I don't know if you guys still do GT6 Seasonals...Got gold on the Begineer at Cape Ring with this tune. Easy win by 17 secs!

Hello all! Good news is that I have successfully completed my course, gained a 2:1 degree and start my new job on Monday. All exciting times for me. I have had a week away and found a photo location that should be identifiable to you all.

P1070344.JPG

Who doesn't remember this iconic location from the many seasonal races based on this track eh?

Well, GT Sport is just around the corner, How many of you have already purchased a PS4 and pre-ordered GT Sport ready for the release date? I look forward to seeing you all in the next instalment and hope you stick with me for the tunes ill be making for all you lovely people!

Hello all! Good news is that I have successfully completed my course, gained a 2:1 degree and start my new job on Monday. All exciting times for me. I have had a week away and found a photo location that should be identifiable to you all.

View attachment 674517

Who doesn't remember this iconic location from the many seasonal races based on this track eh?

Well, GT Sport is just around the corner, How many of you have already purchased a PS4 and pre-ordered GT Sport ready for the release date? I look forward to seeing you all in the next instalment and hope you stick with me for the tunes ill be making for all you lovely people!
Congratulations Shaun. It's great to see all of your hard work, dedication and time was well spent. I wish you the best of luck in your new role :cheers:.

Nice photo too 👍.

View attachment 674517

Congrats sir. I hope the new job is all you expect and more than you hoped for.
I have a 4 but haven't ordered GTS yet. Maybe in a day or three.
Ahh loved that track. At least the GT2 version of it.

Congrats sir. I hope the new job is all you expect and more than you hoped for.
I have a 4 but haven't ordered GTS yet. Maybe in a day or three.
Ahh loved that track. At least the GT2 version of it.

Speaking of new jobs. Turns out that my current employer won't renew my contract, but the place i've been out-sourced to didn't want to let me go, so coming 3rd of october i will be working for them directly.

Back