Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
After reading @Otaliema post above i got this thought i wanted to share with you...

I spend quite some time with GTS(no aids) at the moment. Before i used AC, with a slow, old M3 , no aids/controller... And i was slowly progressing and getting a little better driver... after some weeks i turned AC on to have a look at the update changes.

Now to my point, simracing is a "flow thing" for a part consciously/intuitive for an other part a brain thing, like by brain overrules my feeling for braking-point or car placement before a turn, i guess this is called learning ...

Using GTS a lot - triggered my old bad habbits again and i was rubbish with AC... But in a way i felt @home after years of GT racing...

What is also funny, as a pro-jazz musician, i use a lot of groove/rhythm in my driving... and GTS is a lot groovier than AC...

any thoughts?
You just need to find a different groove with AC, like the difference between classical jazz and modern jazz.
Same music different drummer.

Hi Shaun,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have used the following tunes for gold in the current seasonals. All great tunes of course, per usual. :) I am glad you and Chris are distracted with GTS so I can be on top of my FL for drift events. ;) :cheers:
Thanks for letting me know. I have added all these cars to the list of tunes.

After reading @Otaliema post above i got this thought i wanted to share with you...

I spend quite some time with GTS(no aids) at the moment. Before i used AC, with a slow, old M3 , no aids/controller... And i was slowly progressing and getting a little better driver... after some weeks i turned AC on to have a look at the update changes.

Now to my point, simracing is a "flow thing" for a part consciously/intuitive for an other part a brain thing, like by brain overrules my feeling for braking-point or car placement before a turn, i guess this is called learning ...

Using GTS a lot - triggered my old bad habbits again and i was rubbish with AC... But in a way i felt @home after years of GT racing...

What is also funny, as a pro-jazz musician, i use a lot of groove/rhythm in my driving... and GTS is a lot groovier than AC...

any thoughts?
GT Sport is all about being smooth. I have not played AC so not sure how that works physics wise.

Thank you , i have used the Mazda BP Falken with the setting from @LordJCS :cheers:
I will add this to the list too. @LordJCS drift tunes are very good indeed.
The tune on that BP Falken RX-7 is hands down one of the better ones i've made.

It sits in my top5 list of tunes i've made. Glad to see some of them still getting used,
I am sure that lots of people use them. They are definitely capable of scoring big on any drift seasonal.

Thanks for letting me know. I have added all these cars to the list of tunes.

GT Sport is all about being smooth. I have not played AC so not sure how that works physics wise.

I will add this to the list too. @LordJCS drift tunes are very good indeed.

I am sure that lots of people use them. They are definitely capable of scoring big on any drift seasonal.

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from a well documented tuner.

Sadly there are some of my creations that i didn't get to post due to my ps3's decision to go "belly up".

The ones i did manage to post are competitive and capable of scoring big. Some more than others, then there are those that just puts a giant grin on your face when you nail a drift section in a speed you didn't realize you could do.

Fun times.

Well, the new seasonals are here. I have used the following tunes for gold...
:cheers:
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

550PP
462 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Medium Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
130/90
9.30/13.50
5/6
4/7
1/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.862
2nd 2.259
3rd 1.821
4th 1.492
5th 1.257
6th 1.087
7th 0.967
Set final gear to 4.050

FC LSD
12/13/14
Triple Plate Clutch

Power limiter set to 78.2%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 33kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car is very quick on the new A Spec Seasonal at Laguna Seca Raceway. A Guaranteed easy win for this event.

View attachment 184133
ferrari458-jpg.139352

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09

400PP
163 BHP
1050kgs
Weight Distribution 58:42

Sports Hard Tyres

Aero Kit Type C
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
NO OIL Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/95
8.00/3.00
5/4
4/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.00

Standard Brakes
6/5

Six Speed Gear Box

FC LSD
16/24/10
Twin Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 90.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 92kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

A former FITT entry modified for the new 400PP SH seasonal. Very easy win.

mito09fitt-jpg.140150

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizone '08

500PP
379 BHP
1280kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil
Aero Kit Type A

Standard Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
110/115
10.50/12.90
5/5
4/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
(reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.986
2nd 2.344
3rd 1.851
4th 1.502
5th 1.265
6th 1.110
Set final gear to 3.575
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/15/6
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 81.6%
All other power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 12kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1

This version is much easier to handle at the limit. It is a baby version of the 550PP and more agile. You can push this car more easily with very little effort required. A nice addition to the Alfa family :)

View attachment 377481
View attachment 377482

A new update (17.46 GB) has arrived 👍 The physics has changed , now it's much smooter to drive with the Wheel and also the sound effects are different now (Tyres , impacts....) . More fun now to play , thanks PD 👍

Have you tried running the beta with a controller?!

PD dropped the ball completely with this so called update.
Fix the wheel break the controller.
The joys of beta

Last edited:
A new update (17.46 GB) has arrived 👍 The physics has changed , now it's much smooter to drive with the Wheel and also the sound effects are different now (Tyres , impacts....) . More fun now to play , thanks PD 👍

Have you tried running the beta with a controller?!

PD dropped the ball completely with this so called update.
The update is largely positive. I would have liked new cars added to the game but I doubt that will happen until the full game comes out.
Well, the new seasonals are here. I have used the following tunes for gold...
:cheers:
All added to the list. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry for the delay in getting my usual post up folks.
Fix the wheel break the controller.
The joys of beta
The controller does feel a little weird now but it isn't too bad.. I have found some of my tunes aren't as good now but others are still the same. I have a feeling they will be hit and miss when the full game gets released.
Not sure how i like the new mobile layout here at GTP, lots of ads new look is very blocky. Quotes are easier to read tho

Posting and editing is much faster and easier tho.

Not sure about the ads either. Are they not making enough money these days? It looks good but navigation is a little long winded now compared to the original design.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently folks. I have been busy working long days on my final placement and enjoying the PS4 more than the PS3. GT6 gets a go once in a while now but most time is spent working out car settings for GT Sport.

@steefpeef you are right 👍 At GT Sport the braking is poor, all i can get when i press the breakpedal as hard as i can is shown at the Picture below. With GT6 everything work much better. I need to find a solution, i will try to remove the rubber block. Thanks for the hint. I had a Trustmaster so no G27 pedals.

View attachment 645573
About the brake pedal problem, I just use my DS4 and it had done the same thing, the red bar did not go all the way when I press really hard on the brake and did you notice this Chris.

Yes , but with time you get used to it :) what are your first 3 Cars ?
I found these cars below in my garage, still using the Lancer at Brands Hatch for practise :),
Still got 42.1km to get gift car 👍. A a bit more practise and then I might do some races online with other players.
Chris I really like this game setup at the moment :).

My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-06-16 14-05-19.png

Last edited:
Question time folks, Is there still an appetite from those who follow my thread to continue updating the twice monthly seasonal events? If there isn't much interest due to the GT Sport and a very hopeful Oct/Nov release date, I may stop with the regular seasonal post updates but I leave this one up to all of you.

Good news for GT Sport players. I have been working on some great cars and when we have a track rotation, I will try and finish off a good base tune for some of the Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 cars I have been testing out. Hopefully get an tune or two released in the next week or so.

Question time folks, Is there still an appetite from those who follow my thread to continue updating the twice monthly seasonal events? If there isn't much interest due to the GT Sport and a very hopeful Oct/Nov release date, I may stop with the regular seasonal post updates but I leave this one up to all of you.

Good news for GT Sport players. I have been working on some great cars and when we have a track rotation, I will try and finish off a good base tune for some of the Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 cars I have been testing out. Hopefully get an tune or two released in the next week or so.
Sounds good , for the GT6 sesonals i can see at the friendlist that the interest is gone. I don't know how long we will have the beta , maybe one more month because i have read in august a beta with all features unlocked will come for very short time.

Last edited:
What I can't wait for in GT sport is my friends list to actually show my friends :lol:
When I first went on GT Sports beta, I went to my friends list in the game and I only had one friend on the list, I said to myself all of my other friends had left me and my heart nearly fell out out on the floor, but good news they are there but not in GT Sports.
I hope PD does the same like in GT6 so you can see all of my friends on my list in GT Sports , I mist my friends :cheers:.

When I first went on GT Sports beta, I went to my friends list in the game and I only had one friend on the list, I said to myself all of my other friends had left me and my heart nearly fell out out on the floor, but good news they are there but not in GT Sports.
I hope PD does the same like in GT6 so you can see all of my friends on my list in GT Sports , I mist my friends :cheers:.
Thanks for the kind words :) This is unfortunately Country limited so i only have the europe guys in my friendlist. We will meet again in the final edition :cheers:

Back