Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. LordJCS

LordJCS

I'm not saying it's easy.. The car put up a decent fight.

Diaz1, Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  2. Badger66

Badger66

Same as Chris.....i feel like i don't want to go through that again....for a while lol

And JCS Well done on the 1.48...that's..only 7 Secs quicker than us...lol:bowdown:Good for you:tup:

chrisspeed281 and LordJCS like this.
  3. Badger66

Badger66

Bournemouth...That's a nice place to live Shaun....i use to go there a lot a few yrs back and they have wicked clean beaches... good luck flat hunting:tup:

Well done on the golds....Did you get the Lotus done yet mate

Pete05 likes this.
  4. LordJCS

LordJCS

Not really sure what to make of this... I feel a slight tingle in my sarcasm nerve...

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  5. Badger66

Badger66

That's not Sarcasm.....that's praise to You and Good old British humor man...and taking the micky out of ourselves for being 7 secs slower than you

6. LordJCS

LordJCS

Ahh.... I see... Now i feel like a complete oaf..

chrisspeed281 and Badger66 like this.
  7. Badger66

Badger66

Its ok no worries...lol:tup:

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  8. Diaz1

Diaz1

Ah thanks. Must have missed that post. I think i will give it a few trys at least but i know i will end up crashing out too much on that long and twisty course.

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  9. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

You should try Torque Split 50/50 and high Numbers at front LSD like 40/40/20 front and 10/15/15 rear because the Audi should drag from the front Wheels an not push from the rear Wheels. It's hard to explain in English for me

Diaz1 and Badger66 like this.
  10. shaunm80

shaunm80

I currently have bronze on the Lotus 97T Super Lap. I can see a Gold time but its hooking up the perfect lap. I have got Eau Rouge nailed now and can pull a second ahead of my current best time. Just gotta get the rest of the lap completed in the same manner.

I have to get gold on the Le Sarthe 700PP RH Challenge

I am currently at bronze on the 500PP Super Lap round Bathurst. (need to tune up the GSX-R/4 car for this one. My X-Bow wasn't cutting it this time.

and finally, I need to find a tune and a car for the 550PP Dirt Rally Super Lap. This one is seriously tricky..

All the others have been folded now.

Not too bad really considering I've had 3 weeks off from playing GT6.

Diaz1, Badger66, Pete05 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Takes a little time to blow the cobwebs off after a break doesn't it.
    As for the Golds being a little out of reach, I seem to remember someone saying the same thing about the lap around Brands Hatch but that had the desired result in the end....
    Dig deep, you can do it. Remember to go faster, sometimes you have to go 'slower'. Get that 'flow feeling' happening & work on corner exit more than trying to gain time on corner entry.

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

A very basic GSX-R/4 tune is already at 1.25.500 (on a red lap). A few more goes tinkering with it and getting a smoother line through the mountain pass will have a gold time soon(ish).

13. Badger66

Badger66

Cool mate:)

It took me a few days to get all the sections together on Spa....the hardest and most annoying ones for me were the corners after the first long straight and the last Chicane!
    Plus as you say you haven't played it for 3 weeks...it doesn't take long to get rusty....you will get it....good luck mate

On the La Sarthe one i found that to get the first gold under your belt... it might pay to pick the race without the Pascarolo C60 and the Minolta...you might have to load it a few times though...its the one with the sauber merc thats top of the list...good luck mate:cheers:

chrisspeed281 and Pete05 like this.
  14. shaunm80

shaunm80

@chrisspeed281 - which GSX-R/4 tune did you use for your time? I have gotten a stable tune created and its pretty good round Bathurst. Just got a 2.23.173 with it. I shall upload it when the others are created but your time is extremely impressive. Praiano tune by any chance? :)

Pete05 and Badger66 like this.
  15. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

It was the Tune from WhoosierGirl :D https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-mount-panorama-racing-circuit.313557/page-2 Report 43. I used TC 8 and active steering low. I'm fine now with the Suzuki also at Tsukuba :)

Edit : You don't want to know how many Tries it takes ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Badger66 and Pete05 like this.
  16. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

For Tsukuba i used my own tune. 200 kg Ballast at pos. -19 (53/47) TC 4 and AS strong. Brakes 6/4

100/105
    4.20/5.60
    4/8
    8/4
    4/2
    0.0/0.0
    -0.05/0.10

LSD 8/14/20

Transmisson
    Top Speed 112
    1:4615
    2:3555
    3:2839
    4:2353
    5:2000
    6:1741
    Final Gear 4300

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  17. LordJCS

LordJCS

What times do you make with that tune?

18. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

1:02.258 so far

Edit : Seems not fast enough :confused:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Badger66, LordJCS and Pete05 like this.
  19. LordJCS

LordJCS

Nope.. I did a 1:01.9xx earlier today.

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  20. Diaz1

Diaz1

I am having fun trying to get my time down on this track. It is the First time I have used the lotus since I won it from the Senna tribute. I remember getting sick of the sight of the car after trying to get that last gold.

LordJCS, Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  21. xghosthunterx

xghosthunterx

I rarely come across a tune for a car that is true to how the car is supposed to perform. You nailed this one perfect, I just took it for a test drive on Nurb, and ran a 7:10. Nice job:tup:

22. LordJCS

LordJCS

I looked around on the different seasonals yesterday and discovered to my horror that my time i set with the Aston VGT was done using TC.. Can't have that.. So off with the blasted TC and hit the track.. Improved the time to a 47sec run.

I also managed to tame the Nissan VGT. I was sitting on a 1:40.xxx initially but clawed my way down to a 1:38.xxx.

My time with the Lotus is unchanged, still a 1:48.072 which puts me at 381 on the global ranking. If this holds up this will be my first top 500 position. I'm quite stoked about that tbh.

Have a great day my fellow GTP'ers.

:cheers:

23. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Delete TCS, ride the lightning, feel the quickening and go faster :)

LordJCS, Badger66 and xghosthunterx like this.
  24. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

That's pretty good you can handle Cars without any Aids my Friend :tup: I can't

LordJCS and Badger66 like this.
  25. danbojte

danbojte

@shaunm80
    The 4th gear can't be 1533. Will you check it, please? :)

Badger66 likes this.
  26. Badger66

Badger66

Well... tomorrow morning we say goodbye to the best Seasonal earner I've ever had....our old friend La Sarthe.....we will miss you our old Buddy :( until we meet again...and thanks for 105 Races....40 Golds...22 Silvers, 32 Bronzes, 6 4ths, 3 5ths and 2 6ths....with a total of just over 31millions creds.... and I have spent over 24mil on cars out of it... .lol

27. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I never had the pleasure myself but following your progress has been almost as enjoyable my friend.
    105 races! How many of those were on the edge of your seat with a slightly raised heart rate?
    31 million won, -24 million spent
    = 7 million in credit, a much larger garage of seriously competitive machinery & more than a few smiles for the miles no doubt.

Well done Badger :tup: :)

Diaz1, chrisspeed281 and Badger66 like this.
  28. Badger66

Badger66

Thanks Pete...Sorry you haven't been able to participate in this mate:(
    Its been the best time i've ever had on here so far and prob nothing else will touch it and out of the 105 Races i can say that about 90 % of them my Heart was Banging out of my chest and i think i've might of damaged a nerve it my right thumb from Braking so hard:lol:

Your'e right i now have some wicked Lmp cars set up for future Race car Seasonals...and of course loads of Smiles too:gtpflag:

Cheers Buddy:cheers:

Pete05 and Diaz1 like this.
  29. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I realy hope we can use this LMP Monsters again in the Future :bowdown: Maybe there is some more Racecar Event at the new Seasonals tomorrow :)

30. GiovyLM

GiovyLM

I tuned the car for 500PP (498PP for real) , just add all the power upgrades then modify the transmission :

TRANSMISSION
    FINAL 5,500
    SPEED : Set at the max speed then set to the min. (180km/h - 112mph)
    1st 2,632
    2nd 2,054
    3rd 1,649
    4th 1,361
    5th 1,155
    6th 1,002
    FINAL 2,913

With this setup the car is capable of +260km/h of speed (tested at Bathurst)

Also i modified the camber ...

CAMBER

1,8 / 1,2

And the tires ... Sport soft
    The car handless pretty well (for me XD)
    Anyway thanks for the base tuning ;)

xghosthunterx and Badger66 like this.