Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Thank you. Its a short lived return as I'm away next week for a few days looking for a flat in Bournemouth so i won't be around much next week.

Your not kidding, I have got bronze in the Nissan VGT and still have the other two to do. I think I have got gold in most of the others now.

Bournemouth...That's a nice place to live Shaun....i use to go there a lot a few yrs back and they have wicked clean beaches... good luck flat hunting:tup:

Well done on the golds....Did you get the Lotus done yet mate

Same as Chris.....i feel like i don't want to go through that again....for a while lol

And JCS Well done on the 1.48...that's..only 7 Secs quicker than us...lol:bowdown:Good for you:tup:

Not really sure what to make of this... I feel a slight tingle in my sarcasm nerve...

Ah thanks. Must have missed that post. I think i will give it a few trys at least but i know i will end up crashing out too much on that long and twisty course.
You should try Torque Split 50/50 and high Numbers at front LSD like 40/40/20 front and 10/15/15 rear because the Audi should drag from the front Wheels an not push from the rear Wheels. It's hard to explain in English for me

Bournemouth...That's a nice place to live Shaun....i use to go there a lot a few yrs back and they have wicked clean beaches... good luck flat hunting:tup:

Well done on the golds....Did you get the Lotus done yet mate
I currently have bronze on the Lotus 97T Super Lap. I can see a Gold time but its hooking up the perfect lap. I have got Eau Rouge nailed now and can pull a second ahead of my current best time. Just gotta get the rest of the lap completed in the same manner.

I have to get gold on the Le Sarthe 700PP RH Challenge

I am currently at bronze on the 500PP Super Lap round Bathurst. (need to tune up the GSX-R/4 car for this one. My X-Bow wasn't cutting it this time.

and finally, I need to find a tune and a car for the 550PP Dirt Rally Super Lap. This one is seriously tricky..

All the others have been folded now.

Not too bad really considering I've had 3 weeks off from playing GT6.

I currently have bronze on the Lotus 97T Super Lap. I can see a Gold time but its hooking up the perfect lap. I have got Eau Rouge nailed now and can pull a second ahead of my current best time. Just gotta get the rest of the lap completed in the same manner.

I am currently at bronze on the 500PP Super Lap round Bathurst. (need to tune up the GSX-R/4 car for this one. My X-Bow wasn't cutting it this time.

and finally, I need to find a tune and a car for the 550PP Dirt Rally Super Lap. This one is seriously tricky..

Takes a little time to blow the cobwebs off after a break doesn't it.
As for the Golds being a little out of reach, I seem to remember someone saying the same thing about the lap around Brands Hatch but that had the desired result in the end....
Dig deep, you can do it. Remember to go faster, sometimes you have to go 'slower'. Get that 'flow feeling' happening & work on corner exit more than trying to gain time on corner entry.

Cool mate:)

It took me a few days to get all the sections together on Spa....the hardest and most annoying ones for me were the corners after the first long straight and the last Chicane!
Plus as you say you haven't played it for 3 weeks...it doesn't take long to get rusty....you will get it....good luck mate

On the La Sarthe one i found that to get the first gold under your belt... it might pay to pick the race without the Pascarolo C60 and the Minolta...you might have to load it a few times though...its the one with the sauber merc thats top of the list...good luck mate:cheers:

@chrisspeed281 - which GSX-R/4 tune did you use for your time? I have gotten a stable tune created and its pretty good round Bathurst. Just got a 2.23.173 with it. I shall upload it when the others are created but your time is extremely impressive. Praiano tune by any chance? :)

@chrisspeed281 - which GSX-R/4 tune did you use for your time? I have gotten a stable tune created and its pretty good round Bathurst. Just got a 2.23.173 with it. I shall upload it when the others are created but your time is extremely impressive. Praiano tune by any chance? :)
It was the Tune from WhoosierGirl :D https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-mount-panorama-racing-circuit.313557/page-2 Report 43. I used TC 8 and active steering low. I'm fine now with the Suzuki also at Tsukuba :)

Edit : You don't want to know how many Tries it takes ;)

Last edited:
For Tsukuba i used my own tune. 200 kg Ballast at pos. -19 (53/47) TC 4 and AS strong. Brakes 6/4

100/105
4.20/5.60
4/8
8/4
4/2
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.10

LSD 8/14/20

Transmisson
Top Speed 112
1:4615
2:3555
3:2839
4:2353
5:2000
6:1741
Final Gear 4300

Last edited:
Mercedes SLS AMG '10

650PP
771 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Dist 58:52

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil
Aero Kit Type A
Flat Floor Type A

FC Sus
F/R
95/95
14.50/18.00
7/7
8/8
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/4

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.765
2nd 2.177
3rd 1.770
4th 1.473
5th 1.239
6th 1.046
7th 0.912
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
6/10/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 3 kgs to position -50

A solid base tune for the SLS AMG '10. Car is grippy, good at corners and has a good top speed. It can go faster if you are using it for route X. All you need to do is adjust the final gear to 2.000 or 2.200

I will probably refine this for the super cup races when I come to use it on them. For now though, this tune makes this car very manageable for the amount of power it is.

View attachment 113797
I rarely come across a tune for a car that is true to how the car is supposed to perform. You nailed this one perfect, I just took it for a test drive on Nurb, and ran a 7:10. Nice job:tup:

I looked around on the different seasonals yesterday and discovered to my horror that my time i set with the Aston VGT was done using TC.. Can't have that.. So off with the blasted TC and hit the track.. Improved the time to a 47sec run.

I also managed to tame the Nissan VGT. I was sitting on a 1:40.xxx initially but clawed my way down to a 1:38.xxx.

My time with the Lotus is unchanged, still a 1:48.072 which puts me at 381 on the global ranking. If this holds up this will be my first top 500 position. I'm quite stoked about that tbh.

Have a great day my fellow GTP'ers.

:cheers:

I looked around on the different seasonals yesterday and discovered to my horror that my time i set with the Aston VGT was done using TC.. Can't have that.. So off with the blasted TC and hit the track.. Improved the time to a 47sec run.

I also managed to tame the Nissan VGT. I was sitting on a 1:40.xxx initially but clawed my way down to a 1:38.xxx.

My time with the Lotus is unchanged, still a 1:48.072 which puts me at 381 on the global ranking. If this holds up this will be my first top 500 position. I'm quite stoked about that tbh.

Delete TCS, ride the lightning, feel the quickening and go faster :)

That's pretty good you can handle Cars without any Aids my Friend đź‘Ť I can't

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09

600PP
705 BHP
1400kgs
Weight Dist 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres
Change Oil

Wheels - Standard Size

FC SUS
F/R
90/95
12.25/16.75
5/5
4/6
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Trans (set after all power parts and oil have been changed)
Set final gear to 4.500
Set Max speed to 137mph
1st 3.449
2nd 2.648
3rd 2.087
4th 1.533
5th 1.433
6th 1.245
Set final gear to 2.500

FC LSD
F/R
8/10
10/12
5/8
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

40:60

Set power limiter to 94.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning

All other parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 103kgs to Position -50

A balanced car that needs good throttle control in the bends. Not a car for mashing the throttle button as the tyres will light up easily. Designed to corner well at normal speed and accelerate out of the bend like a rat up a drain pipe.

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1. Tested on Willow Springs 20 Mile Challenge. Won by 6 second without breaking a sweat! (even though I slid off the track on the very last lap) Pitted at end of Lap 4. Cruised to the end.

This tune was edited on 13.06.14 for the A Spec Seasonal. Now has a lot more movement in it and runs a lot better at Suzuka Circuit. Can consistently run at 2.04-2.05s for the win. (mind the AI at hair pins though, they sometimes forget to brake)

View attachment 111840
@shaunm80
The 4th gear can't be 1533. Will you check it, please? :)

Well... tomorrow morning we say goodbye to the best Seasonal earner I've ever had....our old friend La Sarthe.....we will miss you our old Buddy :( until we meet again...and thanks for 105 Races....40 Golds...22 Silvers, 32 Bronzes, 6 4ths, 3 5ths and 2 6ths....with a total of just over 31millions creds.... and I have spent over 24mil on cars out of it... .lol

Well... tomorrow morning we say goodbye to the best Seasonal earner I've ever had....our old friend La Sarthe.....we will miss you our old Buddy :( until we meet again...and thanks for 105 Races....40 Golds...22 Silvers, 32 Bronzes, 6 4ths, 3 5ths and 2 6ths....with a total of just over 31millions creds.... and I have spent over 24mil on cars out of it... .lol
I never had the pleasure myself but following your progress has been almost as enjoyable my friend.
105 races! How many of those were on the edge of your seat with a slightly raised heart rate?
31 million won, -24 million spent
= 7 million in credit, a much larger garage of seriously competitive machinery & more than a few smiles for the miles no doubt.

Well done Badger đź‘Ť :)

I never had the pleasure myself but following your progress has been almost as enjoyable my friend.
105 races! How many of those were on the edge of your seat with a slightly raised heart rate?
31 million won, -24 million spent
= 7 million in credit, a much larger garage of seriously competitive machinery & more than a few smiles for the miles no doubt.

Well done Badger đź‘Ť :)

Thanks Pete...Sorry you haven't been able to participate in this mate:(
Its been the best time i've ever had on here so far and prob nothing else will touch it and out of the 105 Races i can say that about 90 % of them my Heart was Banging out of my chest and i think i've might of damaged a nerve it my right thumb from Braking so hard:lol:

Your'e right i now have some wicked Lmp cars set up for future Race car Seasonals...and of course loads of Smiles too:gtpflag:

Cheers Buddy:cheers:

Thanks Pete...Sorry you haven't been able to participate in this mate:(
Its been the best time i've ever had on here so far and prob nothing else will touch it and out of the 105 Races i can say that about 90 % of them my Heart was Banging out of my chest and i think i've might of damaged a nerve it my right thumb from Braking so hard:lol:

Your'e right i now have some wicked Lmp cars set up for future Race car Seasonals...and of course loads of Smiles too:gtpflag:

Cheers Buddy:cheers:
I realy hope we can use this LMP Monsters again in the Future :bowdown: Maybe there is some more Racecar Event at the new Seasonals tomorrow :)

Peugeot 206 RC '03

450PP
246 BHP
1025kgs
57:43

Sports Medium Tyres

Change Oil

FC Sus

F/R
130/135
5.75/3.50
5/5
4/4
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

Six Speed Trasmission

FC LSD
12/14/8
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 97.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Ballast - set 87kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

View attachment 135143

I tuned the car for 500PP (498PP for real) , just add all the power upgrades then modify the transmission :

TRANSMISSION
FINAL 5,500
SPEED : Set at the max speed then set to the min. (180km/h - 112mph)
1st 2,632
2nd 2,054
3rd 1,649
4th 1,361
5th 1,155
6th 1,002
FINAL 2,913

With this setup the car is capable of +260km/h of speed (tested at Bathurst)

Also i modified the camber ...

CAMBER

1,8 / 1,2

And the tires ... Sport soft
The car handless pretty well (for me XD)
Anyway thanks for the base tuning ;)

Back