Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Some of the cars which I have just published will be worked on during my down time at 550PP SM range and perhaps higher if I think they will work well enough. I have a few more cars up my sleeve which are half tuned but will try and finalise them soon. Enjoy the 5 tunes uploaded today. They are fun tunes for the beginner seasonal race at 500PP.

Some of the cars which I have just published will be worked on during my down time at 550PP SM range and perhaps higher if I think they will work well enough. I have a few more cars up my sleeve which are half tuned but will try and finalise them soon. Enjoy the 5 tunes uploaded today. They are fun tunes for the beginner seasonal race at 500PP.

Nice one Shaun and thanks will have a look and give them a try :)

Good luck tomorrow with the move mate :cheers:

Well Well Well you have done it again Chris :) Well done your'e back at the Top again. Wicked time Chris :bowdown:

By the way what Transmission settings are you using on this....if you don't mind me asking :cheers:
I used my old tune you are posting before ( Page 89 Report 2649) with Ballast 182 kg pos 0 (49/51) and this Transmission ( 180 kph is 112 mph)

PHOTO_20140831_163655.jpg

I hope i can help :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the new tunes and good luck for your move :) I hope you stay connected sometime via your Mobil Phone

Thanks for the new tunes and good luck for your move :) I hope you stay connected sometime via your Mobil Phone
I will try and connect by my mobile but I have limited data on my 3G connection. I have just brought 12 brand new cars ready for tuning up. Still got 20 million in credits which I will continue to build up so I can enjoy the finer cars in GT6 once I get reconnected :)

Nissan Fairlady Z Version ST (Z33 Option Wheel) '02

500PP
349 BHP
1225kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
85/90
9.00/8.75
5/6
4/5
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.820
2nd 2.190
3rd 1.731
4th 1.418
5th 1.201
6th 1.049
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
10/12/18
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaf
t

Set power limiter to 97.7%
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Supercharger

Weight Distribution Stage 3

Ballast - Set 22kgs to Position 20

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 215232
View attachment 215233
Nice tune thanks

I will try and connect by my mobile but I have limited data on my 3G connection. I have just brought 12 brand new cars ready for tuning up. Still got 20 million in credits which I will continue to build up so I can enjoy the finer cars in GT6 once I get reconnected :)

You really have done some mega grinding before you move Shaun..20 mil...very nice..:).looking forward to trying the new ones you posted and the 12 you have just bought....i would of tried some today...but i've been trying to beat Chris's new time on Willow for 6 hrs today and couldn't...lol.:banghead:.
so i think i will throw in the towel on that one...enough is enough...So well done Chris..👍

So good luck Shaun...hope you get settled in quick and with no hassle and see you back in your Garage soon mate:)

:cheers:

Hey Shaun,

Good luck with the move to the new castle.
I've done more moves than I care to remember so I'm definitely not jealous. It's times like this you want to be a magician with a well tuned wand. I'm thinking you'll sleep well tonight mate

All the best :cheers:

You really have done some mega grinding before you move Shaun..20 mil...very nice..:).looking forward to trying the new ones you posted and the 12 you have just bought....i would of tried some today...but i've been trying to beat Chris's new time on Willow for 6 hrs today and couldn't...lol.:banghead:.
so i think i will throw in the towel on that one...enough is enough...So well done Chris..👍

So good luck Shaun...hope you get settled in quick and with no hassle and see you back in your Garage soon mate:)

:cheers:
The Superbird won't win on the 500PP seasonal unless you use MT transmission. It has a really select power band so you have to shift early. I came second on many occasions but I didn't mind as it was a really cool car to drive around. The other cars are heaps of fun and very easy to grind credits with. I ended up with 22 million credits when I was tuning up a Honda NSX. That car is seriously fast and I was getting 0.41s with drift style driving round most corners. If I can get that car to stay in a straight line through the bends, I reckon its a 0.39 second lap if I can get the rear end a little more planted.

The Superbird won't win on the 500PP seasonal unless you use MT transmission. It has a really select power band so you have to shift early. I came second on many occasions but I didn't mind as it was a really cool car to drive around. The other cars are heaps of fun and very easy to grind credits with. I ended up with 22 million credits when I was tuning up a Honda NSX. That car is seriously fast and I was getting 0.41s with drift style driving round most corners. If I can get that car to stay in a straight line through the bends, I reckon its a 0.39 second lap if I can get the rear end a little more planted.

Yup.. The NSX is a force to be reckoned with when you find the right setup for it.. Do you remember the race we had at Suzuka where i used one of my NSX's?

Wicked i will give your NSX a try on there cheers mate and have some fun:)

You have so many good and fast Cars tuned but i miss the Ford RS200 '84. I tried it today at Montegi Event and did a 0.41 best lap with 450 PP. I look forward to a Tune from you for this fast Car :)

I used my old tune you are posting before ( Page 89 Report 2649) with Ballast 182 kg pos 0 (49/51) and this Transmission ( 180 kph is 112 mph)

View attachment 215218

I hope i can help :)

Thanks @chrisspeed281 Your new adjustment to your tune has definitely help me shave off nearly 300th of a sec off my time...cheers mate....it was so close we are on the same page of the world rankings...Wicked :cheers:

How cool is this ....

20140901_134553-1.jpg

Just got a Gold with your X-BOW Street '12 on Willow Springs Seasonal 28.08.14...best lap so far 1.15.469.

Changed Ballast to 143kg to position -50....Power to set 98% and Intake tuning... all other power parts standard and all other settings as tune.....you get 500pp 250bhp and 893kg weight.

Final Gear to 3.660

AS-Strong
TC-3
ASM-off
ABS-1
SRF-off
CSS-7

KTM X-Bow Street '12

500PP
255BHP
900kgs
Weight Dist 48:52

Front Aero Type A
NO CHANGE OIL

Sports Hard Tyres

FC Suspension
F/R
65/70
5.75/12.00
5/5
4/8
2/6
0.8/1.6
-0.14/0.18

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5000
Set Max Speed to 112mph
1st 2.819
2nd 2.202
3rd 1.745
4th 1.451
5th 1.239
6th 1.081
Set final gear to 3.500

FC LSD
8/10/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Sports Computer

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast 150kgs @ Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 181668
View attachment 181669

This Drives lovely on here...Well Done Shaun Cheers Mate :bowdown:
20140901_183816-1.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_2.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_1.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs.jpg
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
The Caterham R500 have promising performance data so let's hope PD will carry out this wonderful lightweight Racer

View attachment 216497 View attachment 216498
The R500 wasn't available here in Australia as the chassis didn't comply with our rules & regulations but we've just had the R485 go on sale which is mechanically identical except that it comes on the larger SV chassis.

Hey Guys @Badger66 and @LordJCS

Do you remember the issue at the last online race were Badger can't see me and i can't see him ? Seems like other people have the same problem https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/i-cant-see-all-the-drivers-on-the-track-help.316318/

BTW where can i delete the cache ?
It's dramas like this that make me think I'm not missing much by not being online.
Don't get me wrong, it sounds like you guys have a laugh a second when it's all working 100% but even being offline I'm having problems.
When I try & start my PS3 with GT6 in, it sometimes takes several resets in order for the game to load. I thought my PS3 might be trying to retire but it doesn't have a problem with other games or DVDs so it's obviously ANOTHER GT6 bug :mad: :banghead:
It's wearing my patience with the whole PD/GT6 thing very thin.

Hey Guys @Badger66 and @LordJCS

Do you remember the issue at the last online race were Badger can't see me and i can't see him ? Seems like other people have the same problem https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/i-cant-see-all-the-drivers-on-the-track-help.316318/

BTW where can i delete the cache ?

It's dramas like this that make me think I'm not missing much by not being online.
Don't get me wrong, it sounds like you guys have a laugh a second when it's all working 100% but even being offline I'm having problems.
When I try & start my PS3 with GT6 in, it sometimes takes several resets in order for the game to load. I thought my PS3 might be trying to retire but it doesn't have a problem with other games or DVDs so it's obviously ANOTHER GT6 bug :mad: :banghead:
It's wearing my patience with the whole PD/GT6 thing very thin.

When it all works as it should it's an absolute hoot.

Haven't cleared the cache in quite some time so maybe that is something to consider. I need to fire up the 'ol PS3 and have a look.

Light Car Company Rocket '07

550PP
179 BHP
440kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
4.25/6.25
5/7
4/6
2/5
1.8/2.6
-0.15/0.20

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 6.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.368
2nd 2.554
3rd 1.987
4th 1.594
5th 1.359
Set final gear to 4.000
(Same transmission setup from the 600PP SS version)

FC LSD
12/14/24
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 95.7%
Racing Exhaust

Ballast - Set 50kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This variation of the Rocket tune is designed to be stable through long sweeping curves to get the maximum amount of speed from this car throughout an entire lap of a circuit. Throttle control is required on sharp turns as this car is a little slidey when you first put the power down but the slides can be corrected very easily as long as you use the throttle to control the slide itself.

View attachment 183157
View attachment 183158

Just got very nice Gold with your Rocket tune Shaun on Willow Springs Streets 500pp SH Seasonal 28.08.14...Best lap so far..1.14.859..👍

Had to Change these Settings for this Track.

All settings as tune...except...Power to 99.3%..Semi Racing Exhaust all other Power Parts Standard..Added 190kg Ballast to Position -7%....You Get Front/Rear Weight Distribution 48:52 and 500pp...174bhp...580kg weight...Braking Sensitivity to 18. Camber Angle to 00 00.

Changed Final Gear to 5,200 for this Track.

Personal Settings...

Brakes F3 R7
AS.....Strong
TC......2
ASM....off
ABS.....1
SRF.....off
CSS.....7

20140902_121127-1.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_1 (2).jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs (2).jpg

Thanks for this Awesome Tune Shaun...this car Fly's on here :bowdown: