Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
In some point of game version(s) some tuners used it. Every tuner has its way of setting the transmission, has of some cars also...

The problem is that if you change the top speed value it also changes the gear ratios. Tuners, also @shaunm80 included, adjust the to minimum and then it's easier to change top speed only by changing the Final Gear...
If you follow the lines on the previous post, everything should fit right...

Those small value differences may be related with rim size, +1 inch adds 1 up to the value and beyond... Please check if the tune you are using has standard rims and you are using +2 inch up rims or vice-versa...

👍 Hope it helps... :)

EDIT: Almost forgot, please check this - Transmission Guidelines for Exeter GT Tunes

Praiano also has a transmission guide (with pics) on his garage.
cool. I never checked the rim size or knew it could change. My Integra 04 has stock i guess cause i didn't change that at all.

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04

500PP
371 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 54:46

Sports Hard Tyres

Aero Kit Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
95/100
6.25/5.50
5/4
4/4
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.062
2nd 2.387
3rd 1.919
4th 1.586
5th 1.343
6th 1.174
Set final gear to 3.275

FC LSD
12/16/10
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 99.0%
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 112kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

I achieved a 2.24.xxx with this tune. Very easy gold for the Bathurst seasonal race.

View attachment 250895
View attachment 250894
I forgot the areo kit and the one inch up wheels.

Winners

Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge|Tsukuba Circuit, 5 Laps|400 PP|SH

Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg
Nissan March 12SR '07
ABS 1

* 12SR

(I didn't change the oil, and used the available PP for power parts - Actually I try to never change the oil)

Intermediate Level Night Track Challenge|Special Stage Route 5, 5 Laps|500 PP|SS

Special Stage Route 5_12.jpg

Nissan GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) ‘02 ABS 1

Special Stage Route 5_15.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 ABS 1

Special Stage Route 5_17.jpg

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 ABS 1

* Front-Rear Aero,
* 1" up Wheels (for matching the gears).

Excellent Setups! 👍

Winners

Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge|Tsukuba Circuit, 5 Laps|400 PP|SH

View attachment 251976
Nissan March 12SR '07
ABS 1

* 12SR

(I didn't change the oil, and used the available PP for power parts)

Intermediate Level Night Track Challenge|Special Stage Route 5, 5 Laps|500 PP|SS

View attachment 251978

Nissan GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) ‘02 ABS 1

View attachment 251979

Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07 ABS 1

View attachment 251981

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 ABS 1

* Front-Rear Aero,
* 1" up Wheels (for matching the gears).

Excellent Setups! 👍
Nice to see you stuck with that ridiculous rear wing on the Nissan Micra car.. It does make me laugh why PD would put something like that on a car :)

Excellent wins in the night race. Good to see a mix of drive trains being suited to that track.

Nice to see you stuck with that ridiculous rear wing on the Nissan Micra car.. It does make me laugh why PD would put something like that on a car :)

Excellent wins in the night race. Good to see a mix of drive trains being suited to that track.
Actually, I like how the Micra looks. :D It's a question of taste... :sly:

Actually, I like how the Micra looks. :D It's a question of taste... :sly:
I owned a Nissan Micra once. It was a piece of 🤬 and I wish that I never had the car. It wasn't my choice to own it, my dad brought me it with my money thinking id like it... How wrong he was. But never mind on that one. I am not really a fan of it but it was a funny looking car in my book and deserved a tune. :)

I owned a Nissan Micra once. It was a piece of 🤬 and I wish that I never had the car. It wasn't my choice to own it, my dad brought me it with my money thinking id like it... How wrong he was. But never mind on that one. I am not really a fan of it but it was a funny looking car in my book and deserved a tune. :)
Oh, sorry to hear about your bad experience with it. :) 👍

Oh, sorry to hear about your bad experience with it. :) 👍
All young drivers have to start off with ship cars. Its how we learn how to drive when left to our own devices. I learnt a lot by driving its shippy little engine to the limit. :)

All young drivers have to start of with ship cars. Its how we learn how to drive when left to our own devices. I learnt a lot by driving its shippy little engine to the limit. :)
Yes, Shaun, very true - every start is a bit hard... :)

How's everyone doing today?

Has anyone encountered what i did just a moment ago when i decided to look at the replay of the leader at the X-Bow seasonal?

Someone sitting at the top with a 44sec lap and when you try to load the top 10 the game shoots you back to the menu and you can't see your current car and credits that usually shows in the top right corner of the screen.. you have to reboot the game to see that info again. But as soon as you go to have a look at the replay it does the same thing all over again.

When i saw that time of 44sec i went like :odd:.

I mean.. Come on.. And the fact that one can't view the replay just hightens my suspicion.

While being on the subject. I improved my time on that event. 1:12.385.

And another thing @shaunm80.

The camber setting i ended up using on your GT-86 drift tune is as follows: 6.5 in the front and 5.0 in the rear. It helps the car break traction when initiating the drift and makes the angle stick through the corners.

:cheers:

How's everyone doing today?

Has anyone encountered what i did just a moment ago when i decided to look at the replay of the leader at the X-Bow seasonal?

Someone sitting at the top with a 44sec lap and when you try to load the top 10 the game shoots you back to the menu and you can't see your current car and credits that usually shows in the top right corner of the screen.. you have to reboot the game to see that info again. But as soon as you go to have a look at the replay it does the same thing all over again.

When i saw that time of 44sec i went like :odd:.

I mean.. Come on.. And the fact that one can't view the replay just hightens my suspicion.

While being on the subject. I improved my time on that event. 1:12.385.

And another thing @shaunm80.

The camber setting i ended up using on your GT-86 drift tune is as follows: 6.5 in the front and 5.0 in the rear. It helps the car break traction when initiating the drift and makes the angle stick through the corners.

Im good thanks. I have been reviewing Maserati cars for the car of the month thread. I haven't looked at the seasonals today yet. 44 second lap must be a glitch or a hack.. even the Nismo 2015 Nissan car can't do it that fast in real life.. I did have a freeze when I was creating the test Maserati for reviewing earlier. Well done on a 1.12.385, I give it a day before @chrisspeed281 jumps back in the car to try and beat it :) I will add those camber figures to the tune at some point so others can make the most of that tune.

Im good thanks. I have been reviewing Maserati cars for the car of the month thread. I haven't looked at the seasonals today yet. 44 second lap must be a glitch or a hack.. even the Nismo 2015 Nissan car can't do it that fast in real life.. I did have a freeze when I was creating the test Maserati for reviewing earlier. Well done on a 1.12.385, I give it a day before @chrisspeed281 jumps back in the car to try and beat it :) I will add those camber figures to the tune at some point so others can make the most of that tune.

Something isn't quite right with that time, that i'm sure of. The X-bow can be fast, but that fast?! Just no..

Only time will tell.. I'm sitting at 1.1 almost 1.2sec ahead of @chrisspeed281, so i think it might get interesting to see what magic he can throw into the mix.

Huh. Maserati as car of the month eh? I might have to check that one out.

Something isn't quite right with that time, that i'm sure of. The X-bow can be fast, but that fast?! Just no..

Only time will tell.. I'm sitting at 1.1 almost 1.2sec ahead of @chrisspeed281, so i think it might get interesting to see what magic he can throw into the mix.

Huh. Maserati as car of the month eh? I might have to check that one out.

Please do, and if you have 10 mins to spare, test and review any of the tunes submitted? I know that @Bowtie-muscle would appreciate it.

Please do, and if you have 10 mins to spare, test and review any of the tunes submitted? I know that @Bowtie-muscle would appreciate it.

I've got plenty of time today.. I'll look into this Maserati deal and see what's what.

I'll have to buy a couple of them tho. Need to slap your tunes on some of them and then have a few extras for occasions like this. :D

I've got plenty of time today.. I'll look into this Maserati deal and see what's what.

I'll have to buy a couple of them tho. Need to slap your tunes on some of them and then have a few extras for occasions like this. :D

All my tunes are listed in the car of the month anyway so a review on one or two of mine would be awesome. The tunes Ive made cover a lot of races and criteria so you'll find some use for each of them at some point :)

Shaunm a big thank you !I must say that I am not wrong level settings, and then I never play with the TC , but I " rowed " a bit of a challenge, I try your tuning with the TC and the first 1'24 ...blow!thank you very much !!
(excuse me for my English , the school dates back over 20 years :) )

500PP
371 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 54:46

Sports Hard Tyres

Aero Kit Type A
Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
95/100
6.25/5.50
5/4
4/4
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.062
2nd 2.387
3rd 1.919
4th 1.586
5th 1.343
6th 1.174
Set final gear to 3.275

FC LSD
12/16/10
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 99.0%
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 112kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

I achieved a 2.24.xxx with this tune. Very easy gold for the Bathurst seasonal race.

View attachment 250895
View attachment 250894

Shaunm a big thank you !I must say that I am not wrong level settings, and then I never play with the TC , but I " rowed " a bit of a challenge, I try your tuning with the TC and the first 1'24 ...blow!thank you very much !!
(excuse me for my English , the school dates back over 20 years :) )
No worries and don't worry about your English. It is understandable and a lot better than my attempt at speaking in your native tongue. I am glad that the tune helped and got you a good time.

Time for a food break.

I've tuned about 8 Maserati's now. Driven a few of them so far.

Results will be posted in the near future.
I look forward to the results. I am going for a food break soon too. Still got an hour or two of uni work to do before Doctor Who and the F1 qualifying comes on. We only get the highlights again this weekend for the Brazilian GP. Darn BBC should have paid the extra 20 million for full rights coverage, :)

View attachment 252108
Overtake for 3rd :P :D
Honda Civic Type R (EP, EU) ‘01
ABS 1

Fantastic car! 👍
Is the reason the picture for 3rd place overtake because you did something to the car after that? :) The fact you did so well in a CS tyre car.. impressive feat indeed. Glad you like these early tunes and also the fact they don't appear to lose any of their competitiveness throughout the various PD updates.

Is the reason the picture for 3rd place overtake because you did something to the car after that? :) The fact you did so well in a CS tyre car.. impressive feat indeed. Glad you like these early tunes and also the fact they don't appear to lose any of their competitiveness throughout the various PD updates.
No, no, :lol: I made this picture because it's the last overtake I did in the race. I couldn't go upper with 400PP & CS.

This time was a 3rd place post type. ;)
But the car worth it. In fact a lot of supercars has been beaten. 👍

FITT Pro Touring GT (Unused Entry)

Tuned as per FITT regulations - Link here

Jaguar XKR-S '11
(Car painted in Kyanite Blue Metallic)

603PP
638 BHP
1400kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Flat Floor Type A
Custom Rear Wing
Wing Stays - E
Wing - H
Winglets - N
Wing Height -
Set to -10
Wing Width - Set to +10
Standard Size Rims - Rays 57Ultimate (in blue)

FC Suspension

F/R
95/100
17.30/14.15
5/5
4/4
2/4
1.5/2.0
-0.05/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.646
2nd 1.954
3rd 1.534
4th 1.250
5th 1.052
6th 0.919
Set final gear to 3.450

FC LSD
12/14/18
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 48kgs to Position 50
Downforce - Set to 16

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Driver number 21

Additional notes: The actual FITT entry for this class of car is a Aston Martin DB9 '06.
Link here for the Aston Martin DB9 '06

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
All my tunes are listed in the car of the month anyway so a review on one or two of mine would be awesome. The tunes Ive made cover a lot of races and criteria so you'll find some use for each of them at some point :)

I've gone for your 500,550 and full aero 550 versions. There's gonna be some serious testing of those today.

My testing session yesterday evening was done with the 500 and 550 SS tunes by @Bowtie-muscle .

From what i gathered the 500 was made for the seasonal at SSR5..

Very stable tune on an already stable car. Very forgiving on corner exits when you put the hammer down. A slight screech of the tires and a small wiggle and it straightens itself out. Good job! It got the job done with ease. There was however one thing about the tune that threw me off.. It suffers from mild mid-corner understeer in the the tunnel after the long straight.

I'm used to be able to "hug" the guardrail on the left in the tunnel but this car didn't really like that for some reason. Not sure if it's down to the tune or my choice of line through the tunnel. So i adapted my driving to the behaviour of the car and took a later apex through that corner and that was more to the car's liking.

Other than that i can't see anything wrong with the tune. There's one more test that needs to be done with it. The 500pp National A Clubman cup race at Matterhorn(600pp or less)

I use that race as a testbed for a lot of tunes. My latest test was with my own tune on a Renaultsport Clio V6 '00(premium) set at 400pp (made for the 400pp seasonal at Tsukuba). Easy win with that car.

Then there's the matter of the 550 tune from Mr @Bowtie-muscle .

Took it out to Mt Panorama. (600pp or less)

What can i say.. It loved that track. Solid tune yet again. You just point it where you wanna go and it goes exactly where you want it to.

So.. @shaunm80.

Let's see what your tunes are capable of.

Last edited:
I've gone for your 500,550 and full aero 550 versions. There's gonna be some serious testing of those today.

My testing session yesterday evening was done with the 500 and 550 SS tunes by @Bowtie-muscle .

From what i gathered the 500 was made for the seasonal at SSR5..

Very stable tune on an already stable car. Very forgiving on corner exits when you put the hammer down. A slight screech of the tires and a small wiggle and it straightens itself out. Good job! It got the job done with ease. There was however one thing about the tune that threw me off.. It suffers from mild mid-corner understeer in the the tunnel after the long straight.

I'm used to be able to "hug" the guardrail on the left in the tunnel but this car didn't really like that for some reason. Not sure if it's down to the tune or my choice of line through the tunnel. So i adapted my driving to the behaviour of the car and took a later apex through that corner and that was more to the car's liking.

Other than that i can't see anything wrong with the tune. There's one more test that needs to be done with it. The 500pp National A Clubman cup race at Matterhorn(600pp or less)

I use that race as a testbed for a lot of tunes. My latest test was with my own tune on a Renaultsport Clio V6 '00(premium) set at 400pp (made for the 400pp seasonal at Tsukuba). Easy win with that car.

Then there's the matter of the 550 tune from Mr @Bowtie-muscle .

Took it out to Mt Panorama. (600pp or less)

What can i say.. It loved that track. Solid tune yet again. You just point it where you wanna go and it goes exactly where you want it to.

So.. @shaunm80.

Let's see what your tunes are capable of.

I hope you guys do not mind, but I will be doing a copy/paste of this review into the Car of the Month thread.
@LordJCS Thank you for a great review, glad you liked them. @shaunm80 was unsure of the 550pp but I think the issue may have been the track selection, either way, glad you enjoyed.:D
:D:D

I hope you guys do not mind, but I will be doing a copy/paste of this review into the Car of the Month thread.
@LordJCS Thank you for a great review, glad you liked them. @shaunm80 was unsure of the 550pp but I think the issue may have been the track selection, either way, glad you enjoyed.:D
:D:D
Copy and paste away. Ill do the same when I get a review from the Lord himself :) I am glad that someone else reviewed your tune. Obviously your tune needed to be driven in the right hands on the right track. Well done @LordJCS for getting the most of out of those tunes.

Honda S2000 (EU) '03

450PP
268 BHP
1147kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
110/120
7.25/9.50
5/5
4/4
1/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.02

Standard Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.419
2nd 2.691
3rd 2.134
4th 1.738
5th 1.479
6th 1.311
Set final gear to 3.450

FC LSD
12/16/24
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97.0%
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

all other power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 136325
Special Stage Route 5_27.jpg

Photo Finish Win​

450PP
264 BHP
1125kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Sports Hard Tyres

Aero Kit Type A
Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
100/100
6.50/5.50
5/5
4/5
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.02

Standard Brakes
7/4

Six Speed Transmission

FC LSD

8/12/5
Twin Plate Clutch

Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust

all other parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 90kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 116695
Special Stage Route 5_24.jpg

Photo Finish Loss
(I've found lately that here is the Finish Line for this track, at this spot :odd: )

DSC_0029.JPG

:)

Last edited:

View attachment 252931
Photo Finish Win​

View attachment 252932
Photo Finish Loss

:)
Excellent win with the S2000. Very close race with the Integra! You couldn't have made that finish up! excellent attempt and well done for such a close race! they must have been right up your bumper before they did the sandwich move on you!

Back