Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 144 comments
Hi Shaun, hows the new game? Does the physics engine/tuning model feel any different? From what I've seen I'll likely be jumping ship to the xbone but haven't committed to either console yet.
Anyway, hope this finds you well and that you can keep the FITT flame burning :gtpflag:

How's everything going here? I see there are already some tunes... Lets try it!
So far only one tune published. I have a few more that are near completion. Hopefully get them to a happy stage soon. :)
Hi Shaun, hows the new game? Does the physics engine/tuning model feel any different? From what I've seen I'll likely be jumping ship to the xbone but haven't committed to either console yet.
Anyway, hope this finds you well and that you can keep the FITT flame burning :gtpflag:
Hi, The new game is good. A little quick to get through the campaign mode but challenging enough that it was enjoyable. The physics engine is very good, the cars drive nice enough stock that I can drive them with L2/R2. I am no longer a X button basher! Tuning physics are tricker to get to grips with as they have simplified the tuning options. It is going to take some time to get my head around tuning but the cars can be made into something wonderful given enough time and patience. The online racing is the best aspect of this game, apart from the crash bandicoots that do not like being overtaken and deliberately bash you ruining your SR.

I do not know how the FH and FM games on the Xbone are compared to this game but this game is a true gran turismo game. It just needs more cars and more campaign mode content in my opinion.

Hopefully enough of the FITT crew will be up for some GT Sport FITT competitions in the future. I look forward to that when I have found my tuning legs once again.

So far only one tune published. I have a few more that are near completion. Hopefully get them to a happy stage soon. :)

Hi, The new game is good. A little quick to get through the campaign mode but challenging enough that it was enjoyable. The physics engine is very good, the cars drive nice enough stock that I can drive them with L2/R2. I am no longer a X button basher! Tuning physics are tricker to get to grips with as they have simplified the tuning options. It is going to take some time to get my head around tuning but the cars can be made into something wonderful given enough time and patience. The online racing is the best aspect of this game, apart from the crash bandicoots that do not like being overtaken and deliberately bash you ruining your SR.

I do not know how the FH and FM games on the Xbone are compared to this game but this game is a true gran turismo game. It just needs more cars and more campaign mode content in my opinion.

Hopefully enough of the FITT crew will be up for some GT Sport FITT competitions in the future. I look forward to that when I have found my tuning legs once again.
Thank you, this fits with what I've heard elsewhere. Has the AI improved at all? The lack of campaign, low car count and simplified tuning are the sticking points for me unfortunately, I hope that it develops into something great but at the same time I don't want to fall for Kaz's often empty promises again :lol: I'm probably going to wait for the second hand market to improve on the run up to Xmas before buying either console and will be paying attention to updates and developments so there still might be a slim chance of me returning.

Now we can upload Sticker and the Cars look better now :)

DO1fZOsW0AELEEl.jpg large.jpg
Huracan.jpg

Won yesterday the nations cup race with the kart! Its so nice to see people racing clean even with a kart which is really difficult to do PS: Bought a GT Sport Press Kit for a cheap prize comparing it with every single one that's popping out on eBay,the book is in german and I wont understand anything but I don't care about that since I also have GT6 Apex guide in chinese :lol:

McLaren 650S GT3 '15

View attachment 685535

Quick Tune
Power Ratio 100%
Weight Reduction Ratio 100%

Level 1 of 3

Traction Control
Traction Control 1

Tyres
Racing Hard Tyres

Brakes
Brake Balance Rear 1

Suspension
F/R
72/75
3.10/3.00
5/4
55/55
85/85
0.8/1.0
-0.05/0.08

Aerodynamics
F/R
400/770

FC LSD
12/14/20

FC Transmission
Set top speed to 168mph
1st 2.437 / 78
2nd 1.943 / 98
3rd 1.628 / 116
4th 1.399 /135
5th 1.233 /153
6th 1.113 /177
Set final gear to 3.266

View attachment 685534

This car is a fast but stable McLaren 650S tune. I am sure that in the future, faster tunes will be released but this tune is all about fast flowing corners, stability and being able to control the rear of the car should it step out on you during corner exit. It has really good turn in, gives you confidence to push on fast winding tracks and should be a hoot to drive. I hope you all enjoy it and please give any feedback on this tune.

Barra estabilizadora 6/3

LSD 14/10/8

Deixa o carro menos agressivo e mais fácil de entrar nas curvas !

Ótimo tune!

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 (Gr.3)

911RSR17Img1.jpg

Quick Tune
Level Up
Power Level 1
Weight Reduction Level 1

Traction Control 1

Tyres
Racing Hard Tyres

Brakes
Set to 1 (Rear)

Suspension
F/R
RH - 72/75
Nat Freq - 3.00/3.00
ARB - 5/6
DR (Comp) - 55/55
DR (Reb) - 85/85
CA - 1.8/1.2
Toe - Out 0.11/In 0.10

Downforce
F/R
400/770

FC LSD
15/26/22

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 186mph
1st 2.385 / 80
2nd 1.780 / 108
3rd 1.440 / 132
4th 1.230 / 155
5th 1.090 / 175
6th 1.010 / 200
Set final gear to 3.693

A stable, consistently fast and easy to drive Porsche 911 RSR. Car can get a little light out of some corners but throttle management will keep the rear end in check. I hope you enjoy this awesome car. I managed to set 1.41s each and every lap around dragon trail without breaking a sweat. The Livery is also available from my profile should you like the look of the car too.

911RSR17Img2.jpg

Okay, so I bought it just because of everyones obsession. I can see why, its pretty bloody smooth. I dont find it whippy enough though. I prefer the beetle Gr3
A good suspension setup on the car and it is bloody good, and it is a lot better when using a wheel.

A good suspension setup on the car and it is bloody good, and it is a lot better when using a wheel.

I pretty much use Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP as my test track for Gr.4 and above and I noticed everything stock, my Beetle I could get the time down to 1:55, but the McLaren only 2:01.
When I get my wheel, I'll put on a new suspension setting and try again.

Why have u got the level up set at 1 is that a choice as have mine at 3, tried a few other setups jst get left behind on straights but very fast on corners, any advice will b great.
I never improve the levels on cars as it changes the class they run in doesn’t it? I have a n900 Ferrari 458 and it is now insanely fast and in desperate need of a tune. As for my tune design, it is specifically designed to be fast in the corners rather than on the straights as I make up more positions late breaking people online.

I never improve the levels on cars as it changes the class they run in doesn’t it? I have a n900 Ferrari 458 and it is now insanely fast and in desperate need of a tune. As for my tune design, it is specifically designed to be fast in the corners rather than on the straights as I make up more positions late breaking people online.
No still stay in the same class having real trouble getting a fast Porsche, got a 458 to try also, still have no straight line they jst dissappear or fly past, get the odd spinner an gain a position.

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 (Gr.3)

View attachment 694912

Quick Tune
Level Up
Power Level 1
Weight Reduction Level 1

Traction Control 1

Tyres
Racing Hard Tyres

Brakes
Set to 1 (Rear)

Suspension
F/R
RH - 72/75
Nat Freq - 3.00/3.00
ARB - 5/6
DR (Comp) - 55/55
DR (Reb) - 85/85
CA - 1.8/1.2
Toe - Out 0.11/In 0.10

Downforce
F/R
400/770

FC LSD
15/26/22

FC Transmission
Set max speed to 186mph
1st 2.385 / 80
2nd 1.780 / 108
3rd 1.440 / 132
4th 1.230 / 155
5th 1.090 / 175
6th 1.010 / 200
Set final gear to 3.693

A stable, consistently fast and easy to drive Porsche 911 RSR. Car can get a little light out of some corners but throttle management will keep the rear end in check. I hope you enjoy this awesome car. I managed to set 1.41s each and every lap around dragon trail without breaking a sweat. The Livery is also available from my profile should you like the look of the car too.

View attachment 694913

was trying to set this up,but some how the numbers of the gearing don't match.
the numbers after the slash doesn't match when i put in the gears?
Any solutions?

was trying to set this up,but some how the numbers of the gearing don't match.
the numbers after the slash doesn't match when i put in the gears?
Any solutions?
Sorry for a late reply, I have found that too my friend and on some cars the gears do not match, because of an update came in after the tune was made. This update we are going to get today and I hope it does not effect the cars again.

Hey Shaun.. How is it going ? Hope all is groovy with you. Done with work early. headed hoat Big willow track.me to check out the "Killer Update" and they were right. any way tried a older steetting that you used in GT6 the one for the Nissan GT-R '07 emd result it made the car very "squirrely" in the corners and plenty of hp to beat all the ai cars at Big Willow circuit... any thoughts or ideas what to tweak next.... Happy Holidays to you and your family. Cheers, TC.

View attachment 682483

Hi and welcome to Exeter GT Tuning. If you do not know of me, I tuned a lot of cars in GT6 and was involved in FITT events. I make tunes in my own style and have had a lot of success with them in seasonal events, career mode and FITT competitions. I am going to be tuning all categories of cars in GT Sport and will aim to do so in the same approach I tuned for GT6.

I look forward to seeing all my old thread joining me here and hopefully see a few new faces to enjoy this awesome new game. As always, contributors are free to chat, encourage one another and provide constructive comments based on the tunes I produce. Feel free to review any tune, post pictures and video replay links. Feel free to add me on PS4 using my PSN name.

See you all on the track and if we drive the same races, race clean and fair. Thats how we do it here.

Back