Exhaust Tuning Will Make Cars Sing in Need for Speed Heat

Might be a good idea to keep your cats and dogs away from the last car, the Nissan GTR. :lol::lol::lol:

But great for this:

marshmallow.jpg

[overrun]

..oh noo

It's like stance option. I guess it's good to be there, but you know a lot of people will make some atrocities with it..

It would be a cool idea if the effects weren't so subtle. Apart from overrun I struggle to differentiate any of the changes. I mean, even the different exhaust upgrades in GT5/6 had more of an effect :lol:

Seeing this on here I had to do a youtube search just in case.
Horrible usual NFS bs confirmed.
I really wonder why this piece was written.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead, tell them what they should or shouldn't do with their site. You seem to know a hell lots of stuff. :gtpflag:
I just had no idea there was a NFS forum here. I guess they're trying to get more people in. whatever. Maybe a candy crush forum and candy crush news next?

The forum exist for over 16 years and you just noticed it. They should really move it near the top to get more attention.
I guess if someone was looking for a NFS forum they d have found it wouldn't they?
Anyway I concede defeat. You win on all counts gg and good bye.

I'm not trying to start anything but why is it in the wrong game? would it be EA's greediness or?

This game receives a lot of unjustified hate by default because it is associated with EA. While I do agree EA has some questionable ethics, I don't think it is fair to totally write off a game because of its publisher. Alternatively, the way the comment is phrased could also indicate such an in-depth tuning feature should be in a more realistic game first.

By the way, Welcome to GTPlanet! :cheers:

This game receives a lot of unjustified hate by default because it is associated with EA. While I do agree EA has some questionable ethics, I don't think it is fair to totally write off a game because of its publisher. Alternatively, the way the comment is phrased could also indicate such an in-depth tuning feature should be in a more realistic game first.

By the way, Welcome to GTPlanet! :cheers:

Thank you, for a second there I thought I was going to get pitchforks thrown at me.

Welcome to the need for speed forums of gtplanet, where the majority believes calling need for speed underground will magically fix the series, even though the past 3 games have been underground except named differently

Welcome to the need for speed forums of gtplanet, where the majority believes calling need for speed underground will magically fix the series, even though the past 3 games have been underground except named differently

I believe this is problem on every NFS forum not only GT Planet. Look and Facebook NFS fanpage, and the amount of hate for not calling it Underground 3.

There are people who think that High Stakes was the best NFS game. I don't want to judge others taste but still HS the best NFS? I get the nostalgia and attachment to the things we loved. But are those guys for real or just some trolls? And I would never spend 60 euro for a Most Wanted/ Underground 2 remake. Those games were fine back in 2004 and would never sell well in 2020. So why would anyone invest resources and money to remake some 15 years old games?

There are people who think that High Stakes was the best NFS game. I don't want to judge others taste but still HS the best NFS? I get the nostalgia and attachment to the things we loved. But are those guys for real or just some trolls? And I would never spend 60 euro for a Most Wanted/ Underground 2 remake. Those games were fine back in 2004 and would never sell well in 2020. So why would anyone invest resources and money to remake some 15 years old games?

I loved High Stakes, but personally i think Ghost should go for something new and fresh and stop trying to please moaning fans of either Underground or Classic era. I like idea with HEAT it is neat, what they should do now is polish the game to be good.

I think a proper remake of Most Wanted might sell well on the cop chases gameplay alone, it is the one unique feature that no other racing games has. Rivals and Most Wanted 2012 got something that felt similar to it but it lacks the madness of having 10+ Corvette on your tail and smashing through Corvette roadblock. The others like Underground 1, Underground 2 and Carbon are fun racing games but I find them more replaceable and I rarely think that I should revisit them.

I do hope Heat get close enough to that as my alternative for cop chase fun, so I don't need to revisit old Most Wanted every year for my cop chase fun.

I think a proper remake of Most Wanted might sell well on the cop chases gameplay alone, it is the one unique feature that no other racing games has. Rivals and Most Wanted 2012 got something that felt similar to it but it lacks the madness of having 10+ Corvette on your tail and smashing through Corvette roadblock. The others like Underground 1, Underground 2 and Carbon are fun racing games but I find them more replaceable and I rarely think that I should revisit them.

I do hope Heat get close enough to that as my alternative for cop chase fun, so I don't need to revisit old Most Wanted every year for my cop chase fun.

Doesn't HEAT have those police chases? On some gameplays i see dozens of Police Corvettes chasing one driver. I think it will be close enough.

Doesn't HEAT have those police chases? On some gameplays i see dozens of Police Corvettes chasing one driver. I think it will be close enough.
Not only that. We will be able to do those High Heat races where cops are gonna be even harder. Also the cop AI seems pretty smart too.

It looks pretty close to it from the Gamescom demo but I'm interested on how it progress through the game, like is there objectives like in Most Wanted where you needed to smash through "x" amount of road blocks and trade paint with "y" amount of cars or the cop chase is just to rack up the multiplier for the rep and day event bank.

I enjoy the chases and the objectives back in Most Wanted made it better for me.

Last edited:
I personally didn't like Most Wanted. I hate those TANK physics of your car, which absolutely destroys everything on its way

It is tank weight if you have the speed breaker on, otherwise the car can be easily flipped and get boxed in after ploughing through a road block. I like Most Wanted because of the sheer number of cops and the amount of stuff they throw at the player.

It is quite similar what Heat has so far and having a chunk of the gameplay involve cop chases makes me really excited for it.

I believe this is problem on every NFS forum not only GT Planet. Look and Facebook NFS fanpage, and the amount of hate for not calling it Underground 3.

I suppose that’s the power of brand recognition, isn’t it?

Back