Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
Forza 7 leak
picsart_06-11-07.47.05.jpg
picsart_06-11-07.44.00.jpg
picsart_06-11-07.41.53.jpg
picsart_06-11-07.43.24.jpg

There can never be too many homologation specials for any era or series, especially if T10 gets serious about modeling the proper period upgrade parts to turn them into reasonable facsimiles of their competition versions (e.g. CLK GTR race rear wing and mirrors, side-dump exhaust for the Sierra RS500 and R32 GT-R, etc.).
I would honestly like to see that in FM7, continue the customization improvements by allowing upgrades for homologation models to turn into their full-on racing counterparts.

A proper spoiler for the CLK-GTR would make me happy as a claim or putting GTS-R parts on a 1999 Viper GTS.

----
EDIT: Yup, as I expected; Porsche is going to be in FM7 at launch.

Last edited:
I would honestly like to see that in FM7, continue the customization improvements by allowing upgrades for homologation models to turn into their full-on racing counterparts.

A proper spoiler for the CLK-GTR would make me happy as a claim or putting GTS-R parts on a 1999 Viper GTS.

----
EDIT: Yup, as I expected; Porsche is going to be in FM7 at launch.

This kind of reminds me of the "race car mod bodykit" on regular cars from the GT games. How ridiculously fun it would be to see a variety of cars not only having wide bodykit options but also full-on race car bodykit conversion. :dopey::dopey:

Customizable drivers and I'm assuming alternate times of day. (In Forza 4 a couple tracks had noon/sunset options)
FTFY. ;)

It's all about T10 keeping that buttery smooth 60fps in their games, always has been haha. Besides, the creators of another franchise (who once had dynamic weather and day/night cycle) had just redused to this too, and the folks over at the other side of the fence don't seem to have a problem with it either. :) But of course, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Oh and I'm all up for more customzation! 👍
For me the conference starts at 5 PM, and i finish my day at 6 PM :lol:
Looks like I'm not the only one, but I'm likely to finish at 7 or 8pm. :lol: :ouch:

Although FM6 is a great game, there are quite a few things missing.
  • The ability to export photos to either your Dashboard or a USB stick. Instead, you have to share it and then download it from your profile on the Forza website.

easy solution
  • make a screenshot with your xbox one (hold the Xbox button for some seconds and them Y ) do not use the ingame screenshot function...
  • open the website http://www.xboxdvr.com on your pc
  • enter your gamertag
  • watch and download all your screenshots and videos from your console

:)

There's some problems, that really pisses me off.

1. F.O.V.
The Field Of view, escpecially for the chase cam, this is ridiculous angle choice for entire series.
If you want to know which game has best chase cam camera angle, try looking at Project Cars 2. They are best for it.
In Forza Motorsport (entire series) the chase cam has so much ''fish eye'' effect, i mean the angle, the height, the camera setting for the chase cam is the worst choice in all racing games i have ever played.
They didn't changed in Forza Motorsport 7, and not all of this, they won't giving us to tune the cam setting either.
My english is not good, i don't know how to describe it clear but, i think you get the idea.

2. Steering input setting.
I swear to god, i want to know, who put this game 'normal' and 'simulation' steering option.

The 'Normal Steering' is too slow to steer, completely pointless. In Normal steering option, all the cars feel nearly same steering.
The 'Simulation Steering', okay, now steering speed is fine, but now it is completely uncontrollable. Every time, car gets spinned out. Every time, especially with Xbox One Controller. This is nothing to do with ''mastering'' or ''getting experienced''. This is just uncontrollable.

We need middle of Normal And Simulation Steering, don't push us to choose from 2 options.

That's it, i played more than 100 hours Forza Motorsport 6 (older series, a lot more), I've been waiting this features to be changed for 2 years.

And look what we got. They did not changed anything.

But hey! We got now custom gear pack. Oh. What a joke.

There's some problems, that really pisses me off.

1. F.O.V.
The Field Of view, escpecially for the chase cam, this is ridiculous angle choice for entire series.
If you want to know which game has best chase cam camera angle, try looking at Project Cars 2. They are best for it.
In Forza Motorsport (entire series) the chase cam has so much ''fish eye'' effect, i mean the angle, the height, the camera setting for the chase cam is the worst choice in all racing games i have ever played.
They didn't changed in Forza Motorsport 7, and not all of this, they won't giving us to tune the cam setting either.
My english is not good, i don't know how to describe it clear but, i think you get the idea.

I swear to god, i want to know, who put this game 'normal' and 'simulation' steering option.

The 'Normal Steering' is too slow to steer, completely pointless. In Normal steering option, all the cars feel nearly same steering.
The 'Simulation Steering', okay, now steering speed is fine, but now it is completely uncontrollable. Every time, car gets spinned out. Every time, especially with Xbox One Controller. This is nothing to do with ''mastering'' or ''getting experienced''. This is just uncontrollable.

We need middle of Normal And Simulation Steering, don't push us to choose from 2 options.

That's it, i played more than 100 hours Forza Motorsport 6 (older series, a lot more), I've been waiting this features to be changed for 2 years.

And look what we got. They did not changed anything.

But hey! We got now custom gear pack. Oh. What a joke.

Yeah I hear you Ody; the fisheye effect has bothered me ever since it made its way into Forza in FM4. They resolved the FOV issue in F5 as everything looked right but now its back in F6 and Horizon 3 where you'll basically be seeing more on your screen than necessary, thanks to the zoomed out FOV that makes everything look tiny, the further away it is from the car.

Here's my issue with sim steering - while it gives you a decent steering speed, the countersteering speed gets doubled for some reason.. and for another odd reason, the speed sensitivity is gone once the car starts sliding. It's as if, the developers want you to abide by speed sensitivity rules when you're steering normally and when the car breaks traction, boom... you can instantly go to full lock in less than a second! No speed sensitivity at all. How is this realistic? At least in FM2, 3, 4 and 5, your car takes a while to correct itself in a slide.. that gave the player a reasonable sense of weight and momentum. But in 6, you slide and you just flick the stick halfway or all the way, and your car's back in a straight line. Very strange design choice.

Easy solution for the steering would be a configurable speed sensitive steering option... But it´s made by Turn10, they say they listen to the community so expect something like this in around 10 years :D

It's as if, the developers want you to abide by speed sensitivity rules when you're steering normally and when the car breaks traction, boom... you can instantly go to full lock in less than a second! No speed sensitivity at all. How is this realistic?
I'm not sure what you are saying here, but when you have no traction, you have no sensitivity too, as there is no grip there to make it. maybe I understand wrong

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but when you have no traction, you have no sensitivity too, as there is no grip there to make it. maybe I understand wrong

No, you're right mate - IRL, your wheel does become real loose once you break traction, but it's a wee bit exaggerated in Forza. The countersteering speed that is; it should give you finer control or at least allow you to adjust speed. When you're driving in the rain for example, the wheel feels even more stiff; it should feel looser because of the rain, but there's that countersteering speed again - once your tail kicks out, you suddenly have complete control to go full lock. It should be progressive and realistic is all I'm saying.

I have no issues at all with the game's control though and absolutely love drifting on sim steering, but it's not that realistic - you'd really have to stay on your toes and fight the wheel on a road car to maintain drifts IRL.

Now compared to countersteering speed, the normal steering feels rather stiff and restricted (I know, I know... its the speed sensitivity kicking in). This is one of the very reasons I'd love to see proper hand-over-hand wheel animation so that the steering and countersteering speed can look and feel more believable.

FM2 had practically the same countersteering and steering speed and no speed sensitivity and it felt great. You could "overdrive" your car as much as you liked around corners.

I think your driver in FM6 goes on steroids once he has to countersteer... there's just NO way you can countersteer this fast IRL. And it's not just the counter-speed of the wheel but also how quickly the car goes into tank slappers as a result - there needs to be more momentum and weight before the car starts swinging its tail in the other direction. It needs to be more progressive. Perhaps better suspension and weight transfer physics as well as steering mechanics in future games will address that.

Last edited:
This is one of the very reasons I'd love to see proper hand-over-hand wheel animation so that the steering and countersteering speed can look and feel more believable.
with the new wheel-less camera, thats definitely one thing I will never see :D

can I ask how much torque has the car you are trying to drift with?
I mean, its difficult for anybody to trying pretend he is the drift master of 850Nm of torque, and when he loses it, its the game's fault :)
I know I've been there. :D
Have you tried fooling around with not-outrageous power? for example, this video below a player tries pushing a completely stock (128hp/140Nm) toyota.

If you try to do that -or equal, say older //M3, do you find the same difficulties in losing and gaining back your traction?

Last edited:
with the new wheel-less camera, thats definitely one thing I will never see :D

can I ask how much torque has the car you are trying to drift with?
I mean, its difficult for anybody to trying pretend he is the drift master of 850Nm of torque, and when he loses it, its the game's fault :)
I know I've been there. :D
Have you tried fooling around with not-outrageous power? for example, this video below a player tries pushing a completely stock (128hp/140Nm) toyota.

If you try to do that -or equal, say older //M3, do you find the same difficulties in losing and gaining back your traction?

Great, so it comes down to my crappy driving. Never mind the point I was trying to make. :lol: :irked:

:D:cheers:
nope, simulation steering is hard as ****. especially in highly modded cars. who is to say otherwise?
thats why I proposed to you to start with oem low power cars.
I thought too it was impossible, then I found some guys that are doing tandems with simulation steering for fun...

:D:cheers:
nope, simulation steering is hard as ****. especially in highly modded cars. who is to say otherwise?
thats why I proposed to you to start with oem low power cars.
I thought too it was impossible, then I found some guys that are doing tandems with simulation steering for fun...

Sim steering is not hard at all - add me and I'll drift with you with sim steering on. It's the disparity between steering speed left/right and countersteering speed left/right that I find odd. Cars would not change direction this quickly in FM4 or 5 and, in real life, you certainly can't change direction this way and go into a tank slapper in under a second. There needs to be a believable sense of weight and momentum when cars lean on their suspension on either side, that's what I'm getting at. I hope F7 has addressed this though no talk of physics and sound.. every article you read, every vid you watch, all you come across is the constant bombardment of "4K, HDR, 60 fps, dynamic ToD".. yadda yadda.

It definitely is a matter of "mastering" it, or "getting experienced". You can learn to adjust an adapt to steering mode, hell you can even learn to catch drifts if you practice enough. It is not an easy mode, nor is it realistic, but its not impossible. I have been using it exclusively for the Motorsport franchise.

I remember it being a lot harder in FM5.

Here's my issue with sim steering - while it gives you a decent steering speed, the countersteering speed gets doubled for some reason.. and for another odd reason, the speed sensitivity is gone once the car starts sliding. It's as if, the developers want you to abide by speed sensitivity rules when you're steering normally and when the car breaks traction, boom... you can instantly go to full lock in less than a second! No speed sensitivity at all. How is this realistic? At least in FM2, 3, 4 and 5, your car takes a while to correct itself in a slide.. that gave the player a reasonable sense of weight and momentum. But in 6, you slide and you just flick the stick halfway or all the way, and your car's back in a straight line. Very strange design choice
No, you're right mate - IRL, your wheel does become real loose once you break traction, but it's a wee bit exaggerated in Forza. The countersteering speed that is; it should give you finer control or at least allow you to adjust speed. When you're driving in the rain for example, the wheel feels even more stiff; it should feel looser because of the rain, but there's that countersteering speed again - once your tail kicks out, you suddenly have complete control to go full lock. It should be progressive and realistic is all I'm saying.
It's not exaggerated in Forza on a pad(cant speak for a wheel.) The issue on pad is that you have very little degree of ration from lock to lock, which causing hyper sensitive countersteering situations. You're flowing over a whole lock range in a millisecond, causing it to throw you into a tank slapper. It will never be able to be progressive and realistic on pad, in my opinion. That's where normal steering comes in with its dampening.

Last edited:
Another thing I'd like to see in FM7 is the return of non-performance models, since quite a few good cars have been removed in favour of the top models.

Some normal cars that could be included are:
2007 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
2016 Audi R8 V10
2011 Audi S3 3.2 FSI Quattro
2011 Audi S5 Coupe
2010 Audi TTS Coupe
2003 BMW 330Ci
2013 BMW X5 xDrive50i
2015 BMW X6 xDrive50i
2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
2013 Caterham CSR Roadsport
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392
1968 Dodge Dart 426 HEMI
2003 Dodge Neon
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
2002 Ferrari 360 Modena
2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
2006 Ferrari F430
1971 Ford Falcon XY GT Sedan
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT Grand Sport
2003 Ford Focus ST170
2007 Ford Mustang GT V8
2013 Ford Mustang GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1
2000 Ford Mustang GT
1985 Holden Commodore VK SS Sedan
1987 Holden Commodore VL Executive Turbo Sedan
1997 Holden Commodore VS SS Sedan
2008 Holden Commodore VE SS Sedan
2016 Honda Civic Si
2006 Honda S2000
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
2016 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Red Sport
2015 Jaguar XFR
2012 Jaguar XKR
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe HF
2013 Mazda 3 5-Door s PZEV
2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8i
2003 Mazda RX-8 Type-S
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
2007 Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works
2002 Pagani Zonda S 7.3
2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S
2016 Porsche 911 GT3
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2003 Renault Sport Clio 172
2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 480

Another thing I'd like to see in FM7 is the return of non-performance models, since quite a few good cars have been removed in favour of the top models.

Some normal cars that could be included are:
2007 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
2013 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
2016 Audi R8 V10
2011 Audi S3 3.2 FSI Quattro
2011 Audi S5 Coupe
2010 Audi TTS Coupe
2003 BMW 330Ci
2013 BMW X5 xDrive50i
2015 BMW X6 xDrive50i
2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
2013 Caterham CSR Roadsport
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
2015 Dodge Charger SRT 392
1968 Dodge Dart 426 HEMI
2003 Dodge Neon
2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
2002 Ferrari 360 Modena
2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
2006 Ferrari F430
1971 Ford Falcon XY GT Sedan
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT Grand Sport
2003 Ford Focus ST170
2007 Ford Mustang GT V8
2013 Ford Mustang GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1
2000 Ford Mustang GT
1985 Holden Commodore VK SS Sedan
1987 Holden Commodore VL Executive Turbo Sedan
1997 Holden Commodore VS SS Sedan
2008 Holden Commodore VE SS Sedan
2016 Honda Civic Si
2006 Honda S2000
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
2016 Infiniti Q50 3.0t Red Sport
2015 Jaguar XFR
2012 Jaguar XKR
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
2009 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
1967 Lancia Fulvia Coupe HF
2013 Mazda 3 5-Door s PZEV
2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8i
2003 Mazda RX-8 Type-S
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
2007 Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works
2002 Pagani Zonda S 7.3
2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S
2016 Porsche 911 GT3
2008 Porsche 911 Turbo
2003 Renault Sport Clio 172
2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 480

Dan did a interview with The Smoking Tire where this was brought up and said that they try to focus on what they consider the best version of the cars rather than having a bunch of different trim levels.

Honestly, I think it would be nice if we could at least engine swap with lower level trims like if I could put a 2.3l Ecoboost in the Mustang GT to compete at lower classes.

Dan did a interview with The Smoking Tire where this was brought up and said that they try to focus on what they consider the best version of the cars rather than having a bunch of different trim levels.

Honestly, I think it would be nice if we could at least engine swap with lower level trims like if I could put a 2.3l Ecoboost in the Mustang GT to compete at lower classes.
They can also do what they do for some of the cars already in the game; Add in the kits to the different trim levels. I've been wanting this to be done for the 97 RX7 for some time. I miss the Spirit R.

They can also do what they do for some of the cars already in the game; Add in the kits to the different trim levels. I've been wanting this to be done for the 97 RX7 for some time. I miss the Spirit R.

That would be a nice addition indeed. The Spirit R version BTW, is one of my favorite Japanese sports car to drive in racing games. :D:dopey:

That would be a nice addition indeed. The Spirit R version BTW, is one of my favorite Japanese sports car to drive in racing games. :D:dopey:
I just don't know why they'd remove that and opt for the one we currently have. It's also my favorite car as well, it just looks so good.

I just don't know why they'd remove that and opt for the one we currently have. It's also my favorite car as well, it just looks so good.

Well you know T10 - always coming up with fresh ideas and replacing the really great ones from previous games. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, the Spirit R is a really sexy looking JDM car. I love how they changed the front bumper and threw in a nice rear spoiler. Plus, it sounds more aggressive than the previous version.

I'm hoping to see a LOT of bodykit variations in F7; they've been recycling the same ones since FM2. Wide bodykits are there for sure, it's confirmed!

We need to be able to choose cars we race against in freeplay. Or at the very least multiclass racing and give us the ability to choose the classes. They also need to redo the car divisions as too many are missing from some classes (compact sports coupe only having the Toyota gt86 when there's at least half a dozen more that can fit that category) and some classes are missing altogether, ex; 1930s gp, formula trucks etc..

Latest Posts

Back