Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
If there's one thing I want, it's for the PI to be worked over from what's currently in FH3. It's hilarious and annoying that putting grippier tires on a C class car can push it to the top end of A class with hardly any room for any other mods, yet tripling the power might only get it to the bottom end of the next class up.

What I don't understand is how tires increase it so much, yet converting to AWD doesn't raise it all that much even though it provides a much greater performance boost.

I'm hoping it's just a flaw with how it's calculated in FH3 since it's not a problem in FM6.

Also, it'd be nice if they both kept the lettered tires and made it so you could get them on any tire grade

Adding onto this, I really hope they give us the option for licensed tire brands.

Car count: I think they may up the count to 700 cars at launch

Track count: I can see them adding several tracks and maybe 1-2 older ones so I'll say 40 different environments.

Features: day and night cycle HOPEFULLY, FINALLY for a motorsport game. New motorsports types and disciplines such as rally or rallyX, trans am both classic and modern, and expanded gt4 class with the inclusion of more cars in that class, they might bring back drag racing and sprint.etc.. Some notable carryovers from horizon 3 like auction house, storefront and a blueprint like feature but maybe more like an expanded free race like fm6, and car clubs. The ability to tweak your garage and organize and name cars within groups like fm4.

Other new things: I expect them to hopefully reorganize car classes with the addition of more. It's frustrating seeing the 1930s grand prix cars in fm6 but they don't even have a class in free race mode to race. Then cars like the radical and Ariel atom belong in the track toys group, it just needs to be fleshed out and all redone. More tuning and upgrade options as it's been the same for the last 3-4 games. Expand upon showcase events as it's welcomed in fm6 but needs more variety of races; ex Mazda vs honda, multiclass classic racers, and maybe one like American sports vs German sports...give some more competition races. Animated pit crew for once...thats all I got for now.

This instagram page is claiming they have some knowledge about FM7

"We will keep you updated once we can confirm from other sources. For now all we can confirm is amazing customization. Same idea as Horizon 3, but expect it to be much deeper!"

I don't have an instagram, anybody care to comment and ask what his source is/what he means by that comment?

Hey, I think we all need to find a distraction or two and patiently await news of FM7. :lol:

E3 is practically right around the corner and they always unveil the next FM or FH game around this time. So just a few days to go or a couple of hours to countdown and we'll have our news. :cheers:

I had an idea the other day about the 'hero' track being a remake of Maple Valley. I think it would be great to see the autumn setting reimagined.

A small worry that I do have though is with Project Cars having the whole 2017 Indycar field, I wonder if Forza will still have any? I do expect us to possibly see the return of a current F1 car in the form of the 2017 Renault, considering it has a fair bit of Microsoft sponsorship. I'm also wondering, with Rallycross making its way to Project Cars, and proper Rallycross becoming more popular in the DiRT Rally and DiRT 4, I wonder if Turn 10 will possibly make the jump as well and include it?

I had an idea the other day about the 'hero' track being a remake of Maple Valley. I think it would be great to see the autumn setting reimagined.

That'd be awesome. 👍

I'm guessing they'll continue the globe-trotting trend with the next hero track, but I don't know if it'd match your idea. Maybe it'll be somewhere in China? I think I heard that Xbox is doing quite well there these days...

A small worry that I do have though is with Project Cars having the whole 2017 Indycar field, I wonder if Forza will still have any? I do expect us to possibly see the return of a current F1 car in the form of the 2017 Renault, considering it has a fair bit of Microsoft sponsorship. I'm also wondering, with Rallycross making its way to Project Cars, and proper Rallycross becoming more popular in the DiRT Rally and DiRT 4, I wonder if Turn 10 will possibly make the jump as well and include it?

Actually, PCARS2 has the 2016 lineup. With Newgarden taking over Forza's Twitter during the Indy weekend, it seems there's a relationship there still, and it could mean the 2017 cars will be present.

Indycar seems fairly loose with the license so I'm not too concerned about them returning. I just hope we have the option to swap aero kits between road and oval.

And as far as the hero track is concerned, I just hope it actually feels like a race track. Rio is alright in certain layouts but the other two do nothing for me.

I could see Rallycross being an expansion now that Porsche is confirmed for launch. It would be worthy of an expansion too if you ask me, rallycross variations of the tracks in game/new cars.

Just a quick opinion poll - you guys feel they should be paying a lot more attention to the sound stage? I miss the wind and road noise effects from FM4 and 5 i.e. Or how applying upgrades markedly changed the tone and character of cars in FM2.

Still waiting to hear that dirty, rugged exhaust sound in Forza, particularly for the higher HP stock and modified cars. :)

Just a quick opinion poll - you guys feel they should be paying a lot more attention to the sound stage? I miss the wind and road noise effects from FM4 and 5 i.e. Or how applying upgrades markedly changed the tone and character of cars in FM2.

Still waiting to hear that dirty, rugged exhaust sound in Forza, particularly for the higher HP stock and modified cars. :)
Yes I do hope they make some revisions in the sound department, look at project cars. The cars in that game sound beastly where I just use my sound bar and mute the tv just to have that blast of exhaust and engine noise. Unfortunately I think because forza has hundreds of cars, way more then Project cars, dozens of cars may sound off either sound files getting mixed up or T10 becomes lazy after so many. That being said, we are approaching the 7th game and it's 2017 there should be no excuse to not have authentic sounds for every single car whether they are stock or upgraded.

- Adjustable FOV. Or Better Fov. FM6's 3rd person cam was a joke. Too much 'fish eye effect', Make it narrow. Have a Clean Look.

- Better Career Mode, Like Gran Turismo always does.

- Don't make it a oversteer simulator.

- Make every car's specification's viewable. I want to see what's the engine size of the car.

- Make it more 'single player' focused, not multiplayer.
Multi is an option, single is the main game. always.

- Get rid of 'mod's stupidity..

- Stok making the game for everyone, Forza Motorsport is for serious players, not kids.

- Stop wasting your time to do more bodykits, stickers, posters, and more arcade-ish things.
This game is not for it, if you want that, go need for speed.
(If ı could, i would delete all the arcade-ish stuff from FM, like gran turismo)

- Time / Day cycle is not high priority. Career mode should be focused to be with.

Last edited:
Get rid of 'mod's stupidity..

I don't see anything wrong with the mod system, it's like rewind in that it's there if you want it but you're not forced to use it.

- Stop wasting your time to do more bodykits, stickers, posters, and more arcade-ish things.
(If ı could, i would delete all the arcade-ish stuff from FM, like gran turismo)

So you want to remove things that people do in real life so it can be more like a game with laser powered cars? :confused:

Last edited:
- Adjustable FOV. Or Better Fov. FM6's 3rd person cam was a joke. Too much 'fish eye effect', Make it narrow. Have a Clean Look.

Absolutely - and not just the chase cam but every view feels zoomed out. It's like you're not quite there on the track - it feels like driving on a miniature golf course rather than a real world track. Dimensions feel off as the world looks smaller and zoomed out in FM6. One revisit to FM5 will show the glaring difference - the FOV there was just right; you felt like you were there on the track smoothly going with the flow of the road and the environment, if that makes sense.

The oversteer is exaggerated. I hope they have revisited tire and suspension physics. Everything to me felt more realistic and progressive in FM5. And those braking physics need adjustment too; every car in the game brakes as if its outfitted with race brakes.

- Make every car's specification's viewable. I want to see what's the engine size of the car.

- Stok making the game for everyone, Forza Motorsport is for serious players, not kids.

- Time / Day cycle is not high priority. Career mode should be focused to be with.

So you're going to delete half of the things that make FM what it is?

And I hate to tell you this...but GT Sport is going to have a livery editor.

Your world is now shattered. Time to go back to rFactor or whatever you play that is the hardest of the hardcore gameplay.

I'm thinking the 2024 Chrysler limo, will make it in F7. :sly:
Please no. They even need to revise the car list. While I know Forza has carved it's own niche in terms of car and vehicle collection but things like a limo or an escalade or a futuristic vehicle that resembles a rocketship from completely different game just does not belong on forza motorsport. We need more CARS cars. Bring back forza 4's car list and then some.

Please no. They even need to revise the car list. While I know Forza has carved it's own niche in terms of car and vehicle collection but things like a limo or an escalade or a futuristic vehicle that resembles a rocketship from completely different game just does not belong on forza motorsport. We need more CARS cars. Bring back forza 4's car list and then some.

Then what's your opinion on joke vehicles like the Isetta or Reliant Regal which will undoubtedly be in FM7?

It's nice to have options, and to kick back with less serious cars.

Better Career Mode, Like Gran Turismo always does.
WHAT?! I'm sorry, but even I have to admit that the most recent GT games (GT5 & 6) had bad career modes. GT6 and GT5's career modes were way too short, didn't have events that covered every car (like GT4). Not to mention that GT5 had you beat the same career mode twice basically, just by using a bad AI driver doing longer races (very stupid) and GT6 didn't even give you a prize car for winning every event.

To be honest, They really aren't doing better, at all. That being said, I feel FM4's career mode was the best as it gave you a huge selection of events to do in which ever order you preferred. The one in FM6 has really been simplified since than, but I wouldn't say it's worse. Either way, GT no longer has a career mode, per se.

The oversteer is exaggerated. I hope they have revisited tire and suspension physics. Everything to me felt more realistic and progressive in FM5. And those braking physics need adjustment too; every car in the game brakes as if its outfitted with race brakes.
I've seen this thrown around a lot, and while there are instances of oversteer, this feels extremely exaggerated. I remember when there were talks from VVV about how the Z4 GTE was almost unplayable, yet I managed fine around Nurburgring with a 15% grip reduction as well. This will vary from person to person, and hard to pinpoint if its the game or not. Although, I'd like to add that when modifying a vehicle, always make sure to tune it yourself or find the top tune, because the one the game gives you are usually atrocious.

Fm5 was definitely a step behind fm6, not ahead. If anything, that was the game where everything was exaggerated.

I hope they expand the mod selection, It's not stupid one bit. Not only can it be used to give you a boost, but it can also be used to handicap yourself to give yourself an extra challange with cards like grip reduction, hp reduction, locked view, locked assists. It definitely made the career mode more interesting to me.

Its a game for all, it never aimed to be hardcore.

This makes absolutely no sense. The addition of these things doesn't automatically take away from what the game's simulating. I hope they add more. Especially body kits and rims.

Then what's your opinion on joke vehicles like the Isetta or Reliant Regal which will undoubtedly be in FM7?

It's nice to have options, and to kick back with less serious cars.
I mean I feel those kind of cars should be at home on Forza horizon. Forza motorsport should be geared as a more serious racer with a different style of car roster. If they add those oddballs it's not a game breaker for me but would prefer to see more motorsport geared vehicles included I mean let's face it there's hundreds of cars that can be added. That's all

I mean I feel those kind of cars should be at home on Forza horizon. Forza motorsport should be geared as a more serious racer with a different style of car roster. If they add those oddballs it's not a game breaker for me but would prefer to see more motorsport geared vehicles included I mean let's face it there's hundreds of cars that can be added. That's all
With us already nearing 600 vehicles, and the vast majority of them already being CAR cars, I would love the inclusion of some of the oddballs. Although, I do get where you're coming from, because there are some that I could do without. If anything I would prefer to add more grocery getters and low-class everyday cars, to be honest.

Not sure if serious.

With us already nearing 600 vehicles, and the vast majority of them already being CAR cars, I would love the inclusion of some of the oddballs. Although, I do get where you're coming from, because there are some that I could do without. If anything I would prefer to add more grocery getters and low-class everyday cars, to be honest.
Yeah I mean for instance I wouldn't mind the dodge dart gt over let's say a BMW isetta...throw an srt4 motor in the dart and bam it's decent fast competitive car. But throw that same motor in an isetta and it's basically undrivable it will just pop wheelies and float into walls.

I'm with you on this. Forza has gotten a bit ridiculous with its car list as of late with jeeps, wagons, SUVs, three wheelers and whatnot. It's a game where we race and tune fast cars; would be nice to have just desirable road and race cars on the roster. FM4's car list was absolutely bonkers good. Just too good. :D

Yeah I mean for instance I wouldn't mind the dodge dart gt over let's say a BMW isetta...throw an srt4 motor in the dart and bam it's decent fast competitive car. But throw that same motor in an isetta and it's basically undrivable it will just pop wheelies and float into walls.

No disrespect mate, but don't we have Horizon for non-racing nonsense like this?

I'm with you on this. Forza has gotten a bit ridiculous with its car list as of late with jeeps, wagons, SUVs, three wheelers and whatnot. It's a game where we race and tune fast cars; would be nice to have just desirable road and race cars on the roster. FM4's car list was absolutely bonkers good. Just too good. :D
Fm4 actually had a lot of cars that people might have found undesirable. Things like the Mazda 2, Toyota Aygo, and EG Civic come to mind. That's what the strength of that list came from, by not restricting itself to only the most sought after cars. That's what makes a good list in my opinion.

No disrespect mate, but don't we have Horizon for non-racing nonsense like this?
I think you're misunderstanding the point he was trying to make.

The 2, Aygo, and even the Cygnet were blasts in FM4. @Scaff also built a kick-ass Micra.

If you're looking for a game focused on nothing but high-performance road cars and race cars, I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Forza. It covers those, sure, but it also covers a broader spectrum of car culture. Much like how GT used to.

Personally, I'd hate to see that come to an end, and the entire carPG sub-genre along with it.

Latest Posts

Back