Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
See like those kinds of cars I wouldn't mind if they added to forza again. They can be made a little more fun especially if we have their competitors included as well. I enjoyed racing those standard civilian cars in forza 4

- Better Career Mode, Like Gran Turismo always does.
As others mentioned, GT's career mode was in no way any better (especially in GT5/6). For me, because of FH3, I hope FM7 gets a similar blueprint mode like in FH3 but more expended upon for its career mode.

- Don't make it a oversteer simulator.
I never understood posts like these. It's like some people who play Forza only smashes down the gas through every corners they see or think they could conquer which is likely going to spin their cars out, or is it something else? It happends irl too does it not? Every car has character, so not all of them will handle the same, but instead differently. This is one of the things we, as car enthusiasts, love about cars! And although it's not in the game anymore, look at the RUF Yellowbird for example: Because it had so much weight at the back, and lots of power in the back wheels, you should expect it to be very oversteery (even unstable in the straights) as showen in this video (and yes, I liked the video for the guy taming the car like a boss! :D)

Btw you need to be specific on this subject: How are the cars oversteery? If some of your cars suffers from this you need to tune them to prevent this from happening, because the standard settings that come with the mods added to your car are may be what's causing it to oversteer; or the fact that certain cars come/or can be given chargers, I assume the greater the upgrades for the chargers become, the more those car are prone to oversteer it seems. Thankfully I've learned this awhile back.

- Make every car's specification's viewable. I want to see what's the engine size of the car.
I do not disagree with this as I want to view every cars' engine under their hoods as well.

- Make it more 'single player' focused, not multiplayer.
Multi is an option, single is the main game. always.
Umm. Pretty sure T10 has already taken care of that, but sadly it gets too repetitive. That is why I (and maybe others?) hope for a similar system like FH3's - Create Events and share them with friends. The replayability will be endless. :)

- Get rid of 'mod's stupidity..
I say don't. As mentioned before, they are optional and do not effect one's joy playing through the game. Besides, I love the Mods feature for their diverse boosts and challenges.

- Stok making the game for everyone, Forza Motorsport is for serious players, not kids.
This is simply not true and I hope T10 never gives up trying to cater their games to both parties. If you want a serious sim, you have Pcars 2, Assetto Corsa and iRacing for that as all three of them focuses on making hardcore sims. I mean I get you want Forza to become a hardcore sim too, but you have to understand that not everybody (me include) wants that. There is a reason why we and everybody outside of GTPlanet loves Forza, because it is not just a mix between serious and fun (I'll be honest I'm in between both, 50-50% though mostly on the side that enjoys tuning cars), but it's also about car culture.

"Turning cars lovers into gamers and Gamers into car lovers." ~ Dan Greenawalt

- Stop wasting your time to do more bodykits, stickers, posters, and more arcade-ish things.
This game is not for it, if you want that, go need for speed.
(If ı could, i would delete all the arcade-ish stuff from FM, like gran turismo)
I'm sorry, come again? Since when does having body mods, livery editor, etc make games like GT and Forza an arcade? Speaking of livery editor, GT Sport is also getting that too but does that make it an arcade racer? Of course not and neither does Forza, which it featured at the very beginning. So no, T10 will NOT be removing any of that stuff that made their games great in favor of your request (especially in that matter).

- Time / Day cycle is not high priority. Career mode should be focused to be with.
I don't disagree with this at all, but for others they will be delighted to see such a feature be added to this latest entry in the Forza franchise. Unfortunately, it may not happen in FM7 since T10 just looooves their 60fps in their games. But hey, as long as we have the option to select day, night, rain or (hopefully) snow, that be awesome too! :D

We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves right? ;) Bring on E3 baby!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'm a little shocked turn10 has not announced forza 7 at all yet. That could be a good or bad thing. I'm hoping it's a good thing though meaning it will be huge and there's so much coming that still under wraps. Just waiting on E3 now....

I'm a little shocked turn10 has not announced forza 7 at all yet. That could be a good or bad thing. I'm hoping it's a good thing though meaning it will be huge and there's so much coming that still under wraps. Just waiting on E3 now....
Like @Northstar mentioned, they announce at E3 and then continue to trickle out information over the month until the game actually releases. Don't worry, there hasn't been a year without a Forza for a while now :P

That's how T10/PG works, they didn't officially announce FH3 until E3 last year.
Yeah I was trying to remember if they didnt announce any previous forza until E3 but I guess horizon 3 was one of them. E3 is so close now lol can t wait

Usually they formally announce the games at E3 but also something gets leaked prior to it, I think with Horizon 2 was that photo with a bit of rain and with H3 as well there was a pic of the Lambo that ended up being the cover car. I'm pretty intrigued as to why they've been completely secretive with Forza 7, What are they cooking in there? I'm dying to know!

Usually they formally announce the games at E3 but also something gets leaked prior to it, I think with Horizon 2 was that photo with a bit of rain and with H3 as well there was a pic of the Lambo that ended up being the cover car. I'm pretty intrigued as to why they've been completely secretive with Forza 7, What are they cooking in there? I'm dying to know!

The Centenario as the cover car wasn't leaked, it was officially announced in March.

https://www.gtplanet.net/microsoft-announce-lamborghini-centenario-as-next-forza-cover-car/

And I think we've already seen the "leak" by the way of the increased esports features in FM6 earlier this year and the Porsche announcement along with rumors that PC2 isn't able to get the 919. My theory at least is that FM7 will have an increased motorsports emphasis, even more esports features and the 919 will be the cover car.

There's also the suspicious sky in the one ForzaTech image associated with the Scorpio reveal. That's about all we've had you could consider a leak.

I guess is Sunday the day we'll hear about FM7, if we're going to? I looked at the E3 scheduling and MS press conference is Sunday, but I'm not sure if they have other ones too.

but I'm not sure if they have other ones too.

Hasn't T10 done a post-conference press session in the past where they go into further detail? I could be thinking of something else but I could swear I remember Dan doing something like that in the past.

What I'm wondering is how exactly their Porsche "partnership" will work, and what it will bring to the game... Exclusive cars to the franchise, the Leipzig test track and a virtual driving school, a more in depth ForzaRC involvement? All I know is if there's a 917/30 in the trailer, I might lose my marbles. :D

That's what I'm saying I swore that almost every forza motorsport has had some kind of leak prior to E3 that actually showed something from in game. Sure FM7 might have more esports emphasis and the porsche partnership says a few things but I wouldn't call that a leak of the slightest.

They are probably super secretitive about it, because it's going to be one of the headline titles for the Scorpio. I would bet a lot of money that it's going to be revealed, and see a demo, Sunday when they show off the Scorpio.

Omg 12 pages before I even noticed this thread, I think.. Har do know when you are pushing towards 40 :P
Any way, They need to upp the ffb feel, the connection between me, the weel and the car and the road. When playing with a controller I think forza is doing alright but with a wheel it is pure and utterly craptastic. Way behind the likes of GT series and cant even compare to the likes of Project cars/Assetto corsa and Iracing. my 5 ören. :)

When playing with a controller I think forza is doing alright but with a wheel it is pure and utterly craptastic.

That's because the game was designed to be played with a controller. T10 had a big part in actually designing the XB1 controller, those rumblepacks in the triggers are there because they asked MS to put them there.

I plugged in the 360 for the kids to enjoy FM4 and I realized... T10, bring back the Diablo GTR please.

Easily one of my most-missed cars. Looks absolutely awesome in Verde Ithaca, too.

If you're looking for a game focused on nothing but high-performance road cars and race cars, I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Forza. It covers those, sure, but it also covers a broader spectrum of car culture. Much like how GT used to.

Actually, I would say FM6 is all about performance. Not necessarly high-performance, but the broader spectrum seems to be about 1-2% of the car list. FM4 was more diverse in this regard.

What I'm wondering is how exactly their Porsche "partnership" will work, and what it will bring to the game... Exclusive cars to the franchise, the Leipzig test track and a virtual driving school, a more in depth ForzaRC involvement? All I know is if there's a 917/30 in the trailer, I might lose my marbles. :D

I think the partnership mostly suggests that the two brands cooperate through mutual interests, and thereby overcome many of the hurdles surrounding licensing and so on. Maybe it will show beyond the Porsche lineup in FM7, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Assetto Corsa and Porsche are partners too, resulting in nothing more than 25 cars.

Actually, I would say FM6 is all about performance. Not necessarly high-performance, but the broader spectrum seems to be about 1-2% of the car list. FM4 was more diverse in this regard.

That's why I specified high-performance. I agree with you — and one of my biggest grips with the franchise remains its insistence on removing lower-performance tiers like the Mustang GT — but I think in the modern sim racing landscape, Forza focuses on a wider range of everyday or pedestrian models than other franchises.

I just realised that the Microsoft conference starts at 7 AM, and I start work at 8 AM, so hopefully the Forza reveal is shown within the first 40 minutes haha!

It's a two hour show; I'd be very surprised if FM7 isn't shown before then. 👍

I would love to see more 1990s homologation cars in general, not just the Diablo GTR.

There can never be too many homologation specials for any era or series, especially if T10 gets serious about modeling the proper period upgrade parts to turn them into reasonable facsimiles of their competition versions (e.g. CLK GTR race rear wing and mirrors, side-dump exhaust for the Sierra RS500 and R32 GT-R, etc.).

Latest Posts

Back